• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazaro said:
Isn't that only visible on Ultra?

Had a question concerning this (well graphical options), the rig I currently use defaults to "Ultra" (It can certainly handle it). Is there an advantage to using a lower setting? ...yes, I know it's a stupid question but watching/playing other competitive games, I noticed some people voluntarily opt for lower visual fidelity/settings for multiple/whatever reasons (i.e. CS:S, etc.).

And GGs (or beatdowns rather), Zlatko. I watched the last arse-kicking you gave me. Our builds were identical at the start, around 23-25 supply we took different paths. But you were faaaaaaar more efficient, faster. I'm still trying to get the hang of using Hotkeys. I also expanded a lot slower, I'm very hesitant to make the first move as well since I still crack under micro -- There are some other weak points. I have my work cut out for me :D

Unfortunately I'll be going on a bit of a gaming hiatus starting tomorrow evening, involves some personal obligations. I do plan on finishing my first custom map beforehand though.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I know too plays on a low setting or something with textures set to high, claims he can see cloaked units. Or a simile ar setting scenario

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Mardil said:
Did TLO go back to Terran? I'm watching his stream and he's playing as Terran... or is he going random?
I saw him play as Protoss too. Either random or picking races at times.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
zerg has gone from being my easiest race to win against to my hardest.

fucking muta harass

the fuck do?

i cant even chase em down with vikings.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
-COOLIO- said:

fucking muta harass

the fuck do?

Rines and turrets all day long. Rine+Medi has always been a small muta force's worst nightmare.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Had a question concerning this (well graphical options), the rig I currently use defaults to "Ultra" (It can certainly handle it). Is there an advantage to using a lower setting?
Ultra runs terrible so I'd keep most things on High personally.

zlatko

Banned
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Had a question concerning this (well graphical options), the rig I currently use defaults to "Ultra" (It can certainly handle it). Is there an advantage to using a lower setting? ...yes, I know it's a stupid question but watching/playing other competitive games, I noticed some people voluntarily opt for lower visual fidelity/settings for multiple/whatever reasons (i.e. CS:S, etc.).

And GGs (or beatdowns rather), Zlatko. I watched the last arse-kicking you gave me. Our builds were identical at the start, around 23-25 supply we took different paths. But you were faaaaaaar more efficient, faster. I'm still trying to get the hang of using Hotkeys. I also expanded a lot slower, I'm very hesitant to make the first move as well since I still crack under micro -- There are some other weak points. I have my work cut out for me :D

Unfortunately I'll be going on a bit of a gaming hiatus starting tomorrow evening, involves some personal obligations. I do plan on finishing my first custom map beforehand though.

Well, hopefully you learned a few key things that I got ingrained into my brain fast which is -scout like a crack head, and go for a build plan.

If you had scouted the first 2 games that cannon rush, or after the first game had anticipated the cannon rush as how you were going to start, then you would have been in the lead by a lot with units, minerals, gas, and could quickly counter attack to end the game most likely.

On the third game, the map we played left us both to expand early/safely. Just put a pylon by the rocks, and then expand once you feel comfortable. You went for collasi as well, but once you had your units together to make pushes, my army as generally the same size, but made use of shields, and I had upgraded attack.

Keep at it. You're closer to me then you think. Hopefully next time we play you crush me. :D

Meeru

Banned
-COOLIO- said:

fucking muta harass

the fuck do?

IMMVP just showed how its done. You go in and attack so he has to bring his mutas back to his base. Its really all about timing.

Also sensor towers if its getting late game so you can see where his mutas are

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
valenti said:
IMMVP just showed how its done. You go in and attack so he has to bring his mutas back to his base. Its really all about timing.

Also sensor towers if its getting late game so you can see where his mutas are

sensor towers. honestly, it hadnt even occured to me. should work nicely.

IceMarker

New GSL format is too confusing to follow for me, even the charts don't help! :lol

On a related note, WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MrMister said:
New GSL format is too confusing to follow for me, even the charts don't help! :lol

Win to advance, lose to go home!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MrMister said:

You suck, you will be demoted, your good, you will be promoted. tada

zlatko

Banned
What are some option settings I should be tinkering/changing? I saw early on a tip to set my hot key lay out to Grid, and to change my mouse sensitivity so it is never a multiple of 5 to help with mouse accuracy. Is there other things I should have changed?

Vaporak

zlatko said:
What are some option settings I should be tinkering/changing? I saw early on a tip to set my hot key lay out to Grid, and to change my mouse sensitivity so it is never a multiple of 5 to help with mouse accuracy. Is there other things I should have changed?

Be sure to set HP/Energy bars to always show, don't want to be missing that info.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
Be sure to set HP/Energy bars to always show, don't want to be missing that info.
depend on the race.

if you're zerg, you might want to do it in matchup specific situation. if you need alot of lings, turn it off. [turn it off if you're fighting a zerg going banes too]

zlatko

Banned
Vaporak said:

Anything else? When I go to gameplay in the options menu there is so much stuff to tinker with. LIke mouse scroll speeds, turning on time, turning on building grids, etc.

zlatko said:
Anything else? When I go to gameplay in the options menu there is so much stuff to tinker with. LIke mouse scroll speeds, turning on time, turning on building grids, etc.

Building grid is nice, no reason to have it off really. Reduces the chances of you fucking up your wall as Terran, which happens when you're new.

I also recommend you disable alt-tab.

zlatko

Banned
TheRagnCajun said:
Building grid is nice, no reason to have it off really. Reduces the chances of you fucking up your wall as Terran, which happens when you're new.

I also recommend you disable alt-tab.

I turned on the grid, and I left alt tab, because I don't see how I could be that big of a clutz keyboard wise to hit those two at once. I did disable the windows key, because that I could see myself missing ctrl for a control group.

Aylinato

so, I think I am gonna make archons part of my army from now on, they r good for taking fire and reduces the killing of my zealots(i'm going to make DT tower so I can merge them, and have one or two DTs along with my army =P

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aylinato said:
so, I think I am gonna make archons part of my army from now on, they r good for taking fire and reduces the killing of my zealots(i'm going to make DT tower so I can merge them, and have one or two DTs along with my army =P
somehow i get the feeling the thought process here was 'man i wanna make more dt's but flying units sure do suck.... waitaminute!'

Aylinato

Pandaman said:
somehow i get the feeling the thought process here was 'man i wanna make more dt's but flying units sure do suck.... waitaminute!'

=D

I was actually thinking about last night when we were doing our team games(sry grind again, I have been out of it, and we need chat channel, which did the patch get released today?) As one time I had wanted to go HT, but I was just lazy and didnt even get the research, so I just made archons and it was beautiful to mix in amongst the colosi and immortals(as they would tank the damage, and having sentries with guardian shield made them BOSS

::EDIT:: I also did want to make more DTs, however, archons+stalkers are amazing anti-air, and anti-enemy units, so they are awesome, DTs are in the mix to punish for no detection =P

::EDIT2:: it's the protoss BALL OF DEATH
i also might use this tech tree to get HTs for feedback

::EDIT3:: I'm at work, and have been thinking of strats all day as classes haven't started yet, ahhhh

So I think that after getting my first robotics bay(and expo) that I'll put a dark shrine down or at least a templar achieves, 1 for DTs to get archons, and 2 for HTs to kill other detection(feedback and to nullify those pesky f'ing ravens)

::EDIT4:: I wish we could pick one hero and use them throughout like 2v2 3v3 4v4(not 1v1 as that would make them have to rebalance things)

mostly the idea of having artanis drives that idea! lawls

zlatko said:
I turned on the grid, and I left alt tab, because I don't see how I could be that big of a clutz keyboard wise to hit those two at once. I did disable the windows key, because that I could see myself missing ctrl for a control group.

I didn't think so either but...after the one game this happens to you, even after hundreds of games, you'll be disabling it :lol

Deadman

Im guessing this means he is going to korea to live in the eg house, whenever that happens. Seems like that would be a big factor as i dont know of any plans for an mtw house.

Edit: mtw website says hes staying in germany for at least one more season of the eps

So from what I am glancing over the ladder reset rejig thing is happening on wednesday eh?

hmmm.... I suppose I should play a little then to get over 2K before that happens :lol

syllogism

Justin.tv invitational is on this thursday and has a pretty insane lineup, which is kind of strange considering the prize pool is hilariously small

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=177617

DignitasSelect
Tarson
MouzNaama
ROOTQXC
DignitasSjow
ThisIsJimmy
Stalife
ROOTDrewbie
RoxkisBratOK
Gretorp
EGLZGamer
VTSpades
KawaiiRice
EmpireKas
Fenix
DDE
EmpireDieStar
GoOdy
Satiini
VTPokeBunny
PainUser
LGRanged
FXOptikZero
EGAxslav
EGIncontrol
DuckloadRa
TTOne
EGInka
ROOTSuggy
ppgBubbles
ROOTKiwiKaki
atnSocke
VTDesrow
PraeNightend
VTFuture
ROOTDdoRo
ROOTMini
NRGSteve
Capoch
MouzMana
MTWDimaga
LaLush
atnDarkForce
EGMachine
ActionJesus
Moman
ROOTCatz
cLSAsgard
mouzMorrow
FXOSheth
EGStrifeCro
VTLooky
Naugrim
FireZerg
FXOMoonGlade

I guess it's because they all use it for streaming haha. Too bad it's BO1 until RO8, but since they are playing it all in one day it makes sense.

That line up is stacked as fuck.

It would suck to go through all these players just to win $400. I have a feeling that it's missing a couple of zeros :D

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Deadman said:
DeMuslim has joined evil geniuses.
EG has to have one of the strongest foreign SC2 teams; (Z)IdrA, (P)iNcontroL, (P) Grubby, (T)DeMusliM (Z)Machine, (T)LzGaMeR, (P)iNkA, (P)Axslav, and (Z)StrifeCro.

Keikaku

I've been watching TLO stream and that ElfKing guy is getting increasingly frustrated and rude when he ends up matched against TLO. The last game was a TvT on Steppes of War where TLO went with a double hellion opening push into killing every-fucking-thing in ElfKing's base. Chat showed a terse "Fuck you" :lol :lol :lol

Now he's playing against DuckloadRa: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Liquid`TLO

LakeEarth

Was this the same guy that was like "how do you have so much stuff, I stopped your banshees" to TLO's reply "cause I'm a better player?".

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
and i have ooooone more complaint about this game for the week. doesnt it suck how every other protoss game is some kind of early hidden something? it's tedious to scout everything around your base for every protoss game.

and just so i complain about every race equally, arnt helions motherfucking op?

Deadman

Just had a stressful/fun game against a zerg on lost temple. I did fast expand with cannons, he tried to attack with some roaches but there were too many cannons. Later he had mutas kill virtually every probe i had, i think i had 6 at the end down from about 50.

Then i walked to his base and killed it, because he had actually nothing. Lings didnt have speed, neither did roaches, no spines. Lolz.

Keikaku

LakeEarth said:
Was this the same guy that was like "how do you have so much stuff, I stopped your banshees" to TLO's reply "cause I'm a better player?".

Could be, I didn't see that particular match. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same guy. TLO just took one off DuckloadRa. Lot's of back and forth and, though I am a Protoss player myself, there were some really clutch observer kills going on. Really, really good use of Ravens too.

Atrophis

Keikaku said:
TLO just took one off DuckloadRa. Lot's of back and forth and, though I am a Protoss player myself, there were some really clutch observer kills going on. Really, really good use of Ravens too.

"TheLittleOne vs White-RA

MOST AMAZING EPIC UNREAL GAME OF ALL TIME WTF WTF WTF WTF.

WE'RE ANALYZING IT TONIGHT! HuskyStarcraft will also do a shoutcast of the match if you want the entertainment type stuff! :D woowoo!"

The description of todays Day 9 daily...i am very intrigued!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom