• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Corran Horn said:
ultron87
Spl1nter
Pandaman
Cheeto
Corran

Who else. Ill make some cheepo brackets tomorrow.
I'm not positive that I'll be home tomorrow night, but if I am I would definitely play.

zlatko

Banned
Corran Horn said:
ultron87
Spl1nter
Pandaman
Cheeto
Corran
HolyCheck
Hazaro
Slavik81
zlatko
nilbog21
BigAT*

*might not be there

I'll need a * by my name. My schedule is not 100% if I'll be at home then, but if I am I'm all in. I should def. be on around 9:30ish, but I'll try to be on at 8PM my time which is 6PM PST.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I will try to be on for GAF night but no guarantees.

Slavik81

I played my first match in weeks tonight. I totally screwed up a 4-gate rush by forgetting to build my second gas and my 4th warpgate. Never mind that a 4-gate rush is not particularly well-suited for Scrap Station.

He attacks me with a handful of reapers. I summon in a stalker or two to defend. Then I walk my army into his base and find a single reaper and a bunker under construction. It seems he was a newbie platinum player. Looking at the replay, he built his depot on 8 and stopped building SCVs until he got his barracks up.

Then I see this:
diamondPromotion.jpg

Not quite the stunning entrance into diamond I've have liked, but I'll take it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Slavik81 said:
I played my first match in weeks tonight. I totally screwed up a 4-gate rush by forgetting to build my second gas and my 4th warpgate. Never mind that a 4-gate rush is not particularly well-suited for Scrap Station.
your units spawn anywhere on the map, why would long rush distances hurt? >_> not like thee's a shortage of places to hide pylons either!

zlatko

Banned
Slavik81 said:

He attacks me with a handful of reapers. I summon in a stalker or two to defend. Then I walk my army into his base and find a single reaper and a bunker under construction. It seems he was a newbie platinum player. Looking at the replay, he built his depot on 8 and stopped building SCVs until he got his barracks up.

Then I see this:
diamondPromotion.jpg

Not quite the stunning entrance into diamond I've have liked, but I'll take it.

Congratulations! No pants dance ?

Slavik81

Pandaman said:
your units spawn anywhere on the map, why would long rush distances hurt? >_> not like thee's a shortage of places to hide pylons either!
Well, you need to get your main army there in the first place, and that gives them more time to react. But the biggest reason is that to 4-gate, you're seriously delaying your expansion, and the expansion is quite good on Scrap.

zlatko said:
Congratulations! No pants dance ?
I'm quite excited, but I'll keep my pants on, thank you.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Slavik81 said:
Well, you need to get your main army there in the first place, and that gives them more time to react. But the biggest reason is that to 4-gate, you're seriously delaying your expansion, and the expansion is quite good on Scrap.
you're the diamond toss here, ill take your word on it. :p

congrats!

IceMarker

Corran Horn said:
NeoGAF Tourny. Who wants in! Form something up for tomorrow night :D
Are you sure we want a tournament on the normal GAF night, I would think the day after would be cool so Meeru/Valenti has a chance to play... seems a bit impromptu. Also, this seems to be extremely short notice, if you want Corran: you, Hazaro, and I can all collaborate to oraganize one to be a little bit more formal, besides Hazaro and I have been discussing getting one going on and off over the past few weeks.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MrMister said:
Are you sure we want a tournament on the normal GAF night, I would think the day after would be cool so Meeru/Valenti has a chance to play... seems a bit impromptu. Also, this seems to be extremely short notice, if you want Corran: you, Hazaro, and I can all collaborate to oraganize one to be a little bit more formal, besides Hazaro and I have been discussing getting one going on and off over the past few weeks.
We have?
But I'm employed now :[

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Cheeto said:
Is that the biggest pad?
i believe so.

for sense of scale: [we arent all imperial dogs after all!]
S2zEk.jpg

thats a 15.6inch lappy.
and my waifu pad.
[yes it needs cleaning -.-]

if you find a bigger pad tho, i probably still have the psd kicking around.

Keikaku

We need some moe Protoss and Terran stuff up in here. Moe Queen is hording all the glory and I'm pissed. Like, for realz . . . >:|

Spl1nter

Going to be late for GAF night. WJC Canada vs Russia. Its wing night at the bar so cant pass up watching the boys win gold.

Raelson

It's not fun to play Zerg on EU right now.
like 70% of my matches are ZvZ's... we sure do love that race. From what i've seen on streams it's not as common in NA.

ACE 1991

God, I'm having a hell of a time tweaking settings with this game. My Laptop specs: ATI Radeon 5650 1gb (DDR3), 4gb DDR3 ram, and an i7 720qm. I figured I wouldn't have a hard time running this game, as RTS's seem CPU intensive and I'm rocking a quad core, at 35+fps at 1080p with my monitor on medium settings, but it seems I can't without turning off shadows completely (which looks bizarre) or running the game at 720p which just looks gross. =(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dunno what time I'll be hopping on, but I should make it at some point.
syllogism said:
Tyler seems to be, err, a bit less chill while playing
Because he is a macro apm god?
His play is actually very controlled I feel. It doesn't have that urgent sense of pressure (e.g. 3 steady clicks for army movement instead of 9 rushed)

Unless its something you specifically saw him do.

ACE 1991 said:
God, I'm having a hell of a time tweaking settings with this game. My Laptop specs: ATI Radeon 5650 1gb (DDR3), 4gb DDR3 ram, and an i7 720qm. I figured I wouldn't have a hard time running this game, as RTS's seem CPU intensive and I'm rocking a quad core, at 35+fps at 1080p with my monitor on medium settings, but it seems I can't without turning off shadows completely (which looks bizarre) or running the game at 720p which just looks gross. =(

Dude, sounds like you're just going to have to make a compromise. Yeah, it sucks but -- it's Performance > visuals at this point. Sounds like 720p is the way to go until another solution is suggested or you obtain a better machine.

syllogism

Hazaro said:
Dunno what time I'll be hopping on, but I should make it at some point.

Because he is a macro apm god?
His play is actually very controlled I feel. It doesn't have that urgent sense of pressure (e.g. 3 steady clicks for army movement instead of 9 rushed)

Unless its something you specifically saw him do.
Haha it's more that he has been semi-rude/raging a few times already (including when he streamed earlier)

Raelson

SC2Gears summarising why Zerg is awesome:

18:25 Chogoling Train Ultralisk
18:26 Chogoling Train Ultralisk

:D

Spl1nter

Hazaro said:
But 1 basing is how you get into Diamond

Matchmaking is weird. I get placed against 1800-2200 diamond toss/zerg but 2200 plat terran. lol wtf. I destroy the terrans as well, its not even close in the games.

ultron87

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
any GAF games tonight? ...wouldn't mind joining in on the tourny if that is still taking place.

Many many GAF games tonight. Dunno if the tourney is happening, but GAF Night will rage on regardless.

jasonng

Dammit, I got mumble overlay to work last week and now it's not working again. FRUSTRATION.

Someone make sure MrMr wakes up on time.

ultron87 said:
Many many GAF games tonight. Dunno if the tourney is happening, but GAF Night will rage on regardless.

Sweet, count me in then. I guess I'll download mumble, though I won't be speaking -- PC mic is nowhere to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom