• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Mother. FUCKER.

So GAF as many of you know, I am not of very high level when it comes to playing this game. I have an inability to multitask (both in and outside of the game)

and of my 70 ladder games, 50 of them have been losses, and those 20? HARD EARNED. I mean He either had to fuck up majorly, or I had to just time an early attack so well.

Today I faced a new challenge. A player whom I was clearly better than.

Let me paint a picture. I scout as my Supply Depot ends, getting to his base I see that he's... still working on his, my rax is well on its way to ending.. his how ever nothing yet.. Good i think.. I am ahead, no need to go for the kill, I will keep getting ahead.

I use my third mule to scan to see whats happening.

Three fucking planetery fortresses @ his ramp.

I laugh, he's obv not going anywhere.

So I tech up, tanks + MM mainly at the start, I have his base surrounded so he's not escaping.

Then I start expanding like mad, going from the 3 I already have at this point I expand out to 7, including two golds.

15 rax, 10 starports. Just incase. I still have him surrounded, I realise his only option is BC, so I stick up turrets all around his base. He's not going anywhere. My fusion core is done, I have about 10k minerals +

I start sacking marines, I prepare the mighty BC fleet that will destroy him.

10....15... BC's All ready and waiting, all placed AROUND the base, ready to hone in from different angles.. ready to take my first ever win where I felt, I was superior to this other player.

Then my laptop overheats.

fml.

zlatko

Banned
HolyCheck said:
Mother. FUCKER.

So GAF as many of you know, I am not of very high level when it comes to playing this game. I have an inability to multitask (both in and outside of the game)

and of my 70 ladder games, 50 of them have been losses, and those 20? HARD EARNED. I mean He either had to fuck up majorly, or I had to just time an early attack so well.

Let me paint a picture. I scout as my Supply Depot ends, getting to his base I see that he's... still working on his, my rax is well on its way to ending.. his how ever nothing yet.. Good i think.. I am ahead, no need to go for the kill, I will keep getting ahead.

So I tech up, tanks + MM mainly at the start, I have his base surrounded so he's not escaping.

Then I start expanding like mad, going from the 3 I already have at this point I expand out to 7, including two golds.

15 rax, 10 starports. Just incase. I still have him surrounded, I realise his only option is BC, so I stick up turrets all around his base. He's not going anywhere. My fusion core is done, I have about 10k minerals +

10....15... BC's All ready and waiting, all placed AROUND the base, ready to hone in from different angles.. ready to take my first ever win where I felt, I was superior to this other player.

fml.

tumblr_leime7xVN71qazii1.gif

d5ea0434a6ng-GIF.gif.gif

Vaporak

HolyCheck said:
Mother. FUCKER.

fml.

Right in time to join us in the GSL thread! :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the get more ahead rule is superseded by the just go fucking kill him rule.

if you have a barracks before he even starts his, just kill him then.
hell, if you had scouted properly, you could have also just killed him when the triple CC's went up. :p

the more ahead rule is to keep people from gambling large armies on small advantages and getting punished for it due to the multitude of things that can go wrong in starcraft, its not an nr 30 rule. :p

zlatko

Banned
Blistering Sands PvT. What do against 6 pool? I have tried before to just wall off my ramp, or try getting cannons up, but he can still get in b4 I can secure my base. :/

Vaporak

zlatko said:
Blistering Sands PvT. What do against 6 pool? I have tried before to just wall off my ramp, or try getting cannons up, but he can still get in b4 I can secure my base. :/

You can block your ramp before a 6 pool gets in, just temporarily make a pylon until your zealot(s) gets out.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
walloff.
dont build forge.
2gate.
collect win.

zlatko

Banned
Vaporak said:
You can block your ramp before a 6 pool gets in, just temporarily make a pylon until your zealot(s) gets out.

Ok I'll just have to change my start build order. I just hate how the ramp is so far from your nexus on that map, forcing your probe to walk a bit of a distance. :/

Also, the game just crashed for me giving me a loss I think. UGH. I can't reconnect to battle net either. Restarted my computer. Everything else works fine. :/

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
walloff.
dont build forge.
2gate.
collect win.

When you say collect win, what would I build after to quickly end it? The map distance for zealots to run is far, and while he may be behind in economy he could easily just go for building roaches/early expanding. The distance for me to get to his base is a pain in the ass.

Q8D3vil

just played a tvt and the other player/asshole went mass banshee and viking

he caught me off guard and when he destroyed my main base he dropped like 7 mules ( fucking terran have no self respect).
anyway i got thors and raped the fuck out of him then told him to mass banshee up his ass.

Zen

Banned
MrMister said:

My first post wasn't clear enough in that I meant "I didn't even know about this stuff going on because I rarely check the thread" not that I was too late. I mean the post I quoted said 'temp brackets'.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
When you say collect win, what would I build after to quickly end it? The map distance for zealots to run is far, and while he may be behind in economy he could easily just go for building roaches/early expanding. The distance for me to get to his base is a pain in the ass.
zealots. aint no way in hell he'll recover fast enough to not be rompted by a 2gate, and you dont cut probes while 2gating anyway. if he expands, he dies. if he sticks to lings, he dies. if he cruhes out roach ling, sac your zealots to force more units and get core, collect win.

if it was that easy to defend after a 6pool, why wouldnt zergs do it more often?

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
zealots. aint no way in hell he'll recover fast enough to not be rompted by a 2gate, and you dont cut probes while 2gating anyway. if he expands, he dies. if he sticks to lings, he dies. if he cruhes out roach ling, sac your zealots to force more units and get core, collect win.

if it was that easy to defend after a 6pool, why wouldnt zergs do it more often?

:lol Keep in mind I'm in bronze and I actually see 6 pool WAAAY too often haha.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
:lol Keep in mind I'm in bronze and I actually see 6 pool WAAAY too often haha.
oh. >_>

---

does anyone remember the game idra played where he went hydralisk and won with a doom drop? i think it was on shakuras, but i cant find it. -.-

jasonng

I've been playing much more worse lately if it wasn't obvious enough already from last night. Like seriously bronze level even with zerg. I make small silly mistakes which can be corrected from more matches but my real problem is that I can't macro the way I used to and forgetting to scout properly.

I think I need a return to basics. It's so frustrating to lose when I can clearly see faults with my opponent but my macro/micro can't keep up with what I want to do.

EDIT:

I just lost to the most shittiest fucking terran play in my life. Really fucking angry right now.

Q8D3vil

jasonng said:
I've been playing much more worse lately if it wasn't obvious enough already from last night. Like seriously bronze level even with zerg. I make small silly mistakes which can be corrected from more matches but my real problem is that I can't macro the way I used to and forgetting to scout properly.

I think I need a return to basics. It's so frustrating to lose when I can clearly see faults with my opponent but my macro/micro can't keep up with what I want to do.

EDIT:

I just lost to the most shittiest fucking terran play in my life. Really fucking angry right now.
me too.
specially my macro, can't find seem to find my old rhythm

ezrarh

ultron87 said:
So does Templar tech have any place in PvP?

Because every time I try it I just get steam rolled by colossi.

I have yet to make it work. While I don't see it often, I have beaten every protoss that techs to high templars. On an even playing field, I don't see it working. It might be good for storm drops late game but then you'd have to calculate whether the amount invested will be better than if you were to just simply add a few more colossi and t1 units.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ultron87 said:

given the popularity of robo, the nonexistence of energy in the techtree, low damage tick rate of storms and shield regen: i'd say no. none.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
ultron87 said:

Like others have said, hell to the naw.

ultron87

Obviously you storm their army to kill the Observer and then you just bum rush them with DTs. It'll totally work and only costs about a billion gas!

Right? Guys?

Sigh, four gate or Colossi it is I guess.

Maybe things will change with the patch since Void Rays will kill Colossi faster and you can get faster Phoenixes, but I kind of doubt it since Stalkers are quite proficient at killing those.

Keikaku

PvP's seem to be a race to see who can get more Colossi off 2 base. At least, that's usually how it's worked out for me.

Immortals are really useful for beating the living daylights out of Stalker-balls, but I don't see them used a whole lot.

Spl1nter

ultron87 said:
Maybe things will change with the patch since Void Rays will kill Colossi faster and you can get faster Phoenixes, but I kind of doubt it since Stalkers are quite proficient at killing those.

zealot, void ray?

Tntnnbltn

So I'm in the middle of moving house, and realise I have packed up and sent off my wireless keyboard and mouse, leaving me with no mouse other than my laptop touchpad.

Well that's one way to stop myself playing SC2. :(

Two things:

1) What can I do to stop the corrupted cursor I keep getting, or at least make it go away without re-starting,

and

2) does anyone have an mp3 of the 'friend online' chime from the game? I want to use it as a text alert for my phone.

Thanks!!

Deadman

Revengeance said:
Two things:

1) What can I do to stop the corrupted cursor I keep getting, or at least make it go away without re-starting,

Using ati graphics card? I think the latest drivers fixed that issue, although im not 100% because i have nvidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom