• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Neckbeard said:
I must try this proxy hatch. Too funny. :lol

edit:

With these live tournaments, is it possible to delay the stream?
Should be, most streams have a 10-15second delay anyway.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Neckbeard said:
I must try this proxy hatch. Too funny. :lol

edit:

With these live tournaments, is it possible to delay the stream?
Depends on the software you use, but ya you can delay a stream.

Keikaku

For some reason, I really hated the thought that Bubbles might win. I've never even heard of the guy, I just wanted him to lose . . .

Spl1nter

Keikaku said:
For some reason, I really hated the thought that Bubbles might win. I've never even heard of the guy, I just wanted him to lose . . .

Is it possibly because:

1st Win: He choose to play on steppes of war
2nd Win: All-in 4 gate with dts
4th Game in Series: All-in 4 gate robo

Keikaku

Spl1nter said:
Is it possibly because:

1st Win: He choose to play on steppes of war
2nd Win: All-in 4 gate with dts
4th Game in Series: All-in 4 gate robo

I went out shopping, so I only caught the last game. Didn't know about his 1st and 2nd wins. Choosing Steppes of War vs Zerg is totally imba, but he's playing to win I guess.

I dunno . . . I play Protoss and watching him I just got the feeling like "This is not how it's supposed to be, man!"

EDIT: Also, CatZ is commenting on the games here: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/CatZ.root

Revengeance said:
Two things:

1) What can I do to stop the corrupted cursor I keep getting, or at least make it go away without re-starting,

and

2) does anyone have an mp3 of the 'friend online' chime from the game? I want to use it as a text alert for my phone.

Thanks!!

Deadman said:
Using ati graphics card? I think the latest drivers fixed that issue, although im not 100% because i have nvidia.

Yeah, I think that worked. I hadn't updated my drivers in a very long time.

So no one knows how I can get the chime? I want!

droopy

Revengeance said:
Yeah, I think that worked. I hadn't updated my drivers in a very long time.

So no one knows how I can get the chime? I want!

I actually tried that out a while ago with MSN:lol Here you go! Can't remember which of these it is

http://cid-b4f7b628e964a805.office.live.com/self.aspx/Replays/UI^_BnetToast.wav
http://cid-b4f7b628e964a805.office.live.com/self.aspx/Replays/UI^_BnetDockMessage.wav

You may need Audacity or something to make mp3s

droopy said:
I actually tried that out a while ago with MSN:lol Here you go! Can't remember which of these it is

http://cid-b4f7b628e964a805.office.live.com/self.aspx/Replays/UI^_BnetToast.wav
http://cid-b4f7b628e964a805.office.live.com/self.aspx/Replays/UI^_BnetDockMessage.wav

You may need Audacity or something to make mp3s
Thank youuuu!!!!! :D

Works perfectly, didn't even have to encode!

Tntnnbltn

I had a 3 hour round trip to another town to look at a rental property today. I spent a good 30 minutes thinking of 4v4 builds I could try out.

I'm thinking of trying mass sentry / zealot. I'm mostly in it for the sentries, although I'll get the zealots because of all of the spare minerals I have. I wanna just drop forcefields the fuck all over the place during big confrontations. That and research hallucination for constant scouting ability, and to even hallicuinate a few collosi during big battles to distract fire away from friendly troops.

Hmm... I wonder if it'd be better to avoid the chargelot upgrade though. I don't want my zealots charging away and getting killed while my slow-ass sentries catch up.

Edit: inb4 'play 1v1 like a real man'

Spl1nter

Tntnnbltn said:
I spent a good 30 minutes thinking of 4v4 builds I could try out.

lol casual.

4v4 strategy. I have some good ones:

Terran: 5rax rines
Toss: 4 gate
Zerg 11 overpool, 10 extractor, ling/bling

Tntnnbltn

Mass phoenix can work surprisingly well in 4v4. And it's the perfect counter for standard zerg Silver play which is to amass a giant ball of mutalisks while being guarded by their three teammates. It's glorious when their muta ball runs into my phoenix fleet.

That and when you do a surgical strike of gravitron beams on a wall of seige tanks, stalkers, marauders, roaches... and then the ground forces helps pick off the stragglers.

Tntnnbltn said:
I had a 3 hour round trip to another town to look at a rental property today. I spent a good 30 minutes thinking of 4v4 builds I could try out.

I'm thinking of trying mass sentry / zealot. I'm mostly in it for the sentries, although I'll get the zealots because of all of the spare minerals I have. I wanna just drop forcefields the fuck all over the place during big confrontations. That and research hallucination for constant scouting ability, and to even hallicuinate a few collosi during big battles to distract fire away from friendly troops.

Hmm... I wonder if it'd be better to avoid the chargelot upgrade though. I don't want my zealots charging away and getting killed while my slow-ass sentries catch up.

I find zealots perform quite poorly in 4v4. In general if you just mass stalkers you will find yourself winning a lot of games. If the game lasts a while you can get collossus which do quite well as you can hide them behind so many units in 4v4. Sentries are quite good, it's satisfying blocking off a ramp and seeing 3 teams armies stuck trying to walk up.

I don't think it really matters anyway. As long as you get the basics down right, and are decent at macro you will roll over most teams in 4v4.

My friend and i are in diamond and we win about 80%+ of our games. Most games it feels like we could go 2v4 and all we really have to do is mass low tier units and just use a little bit of micro.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Feep said:
Ugh. Fourteen days away from this game and I am HORRIBLE. = (
im telling you bro, 4warpgate on xel = free pass to double expand.
[not that i dont always double expo vs toss anyway]

Tntnnbltn said:
Mass phoenix can work surprisingly well in 4v4. And it's the perfect counter for standard zerg Silver play which is to amass a giant ball of mutalisks while being guarded by their three teammates. It's glorious when their muta ball runs into my phoenix fleet.

That and when you do a surgical strike of gravitron beams on a wall of seige tanks, stalkers, marauders, roaches... and then the ground forces helps pick off the stragglers.

My standard 4v4 strat is basically 'mass whatever you can by 5 minutes and push out and kill someone'. Usually one player is out of the game before mutas or tanks or any T3 units come into the picture.

ultron87

I dislike 2v2 ladder because it makes me mad about Starcraft, which is something I've gotten over in 1v1. If I mess up in 1v1 I'm just like "whelp, I learned a lesson." If I mess up and make us lose in 2v2 I feel mad at myself for letting my friend down, and if they mess up it just makes me subconsciously mad at them.

1v1 is way healthier.

YakiSOBA

I play mostly 1's to improve my 2v2 game with my good RL friend. 3v3 never touched, 4v4 random when I'm bored and want to just turtle in and go 3/3/3 mass void rays and win lol.

ultron87 said:
I dislike 2v2 ladder because it makes me mad about Starcraft, which is something I've gotten over in 1v1. If I mess up in 1v1 I'm just like "whelp, I learned a lesson." If I mess up and make us lose in 2v2 I feel mad at myself for letting my friend down, and if they mess up it just makes me subconsciously mad at them.

1v1 is way healthier.

From a ranking standpoint I only care about 1v1. Anything else is just pure funsies. 4v4 battles can get crazy.

zlatko

Banned
100 wins 80 losses in 1v1. Feels good man considering about 2 weeks ago I was 4 and 30. :lol

Really seeing myself do the smart things I've been told in game. I scout, I build, I expand, I pressure, etc. Rarely am I sitting on a lot of minerals unless it's near the end of the game and I make my big push then have to go chase down whatever random expansion the guy puts up instead of GGing right then and there. :p

Q8D3vil

zlatko said:
100 wins 80 losses in 1v1. Feels good man considering about 2 weeks ago I was 4 and 30. :lol

Really seeing myself do the smart things I've been told in game. I scout, I build, I expand, I pressure, etc. Rarely am I sitting on a lot of minerals unless it's near the end of the game and I make my big push then have to go chase down whatever random expansion the guy puts up instead of GGing right then and there. :p
what league are you currently in?

zlatko

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
what league are you currently in?

Pimp league AKA bronze.

tumblr_left08Nz2j1qf8yek.gif

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
my brother recently bought the game and gave me one of his passes, is it bad that im using it to troll the bronze league?

Spl1nter said:
zealot, void ray?
I went chargelots with void rays a few games. It catches a lot of people by surprise. They say unkind things to you when you steamroll them with this combination. I very much liked crashing my zealots head on with their army, and then moving in 9 - 12 voice rays from the flank and destroying their collosi + whatever else they have. Catches a lot of terrans off guard too.

Of course, if they have a few senties, they can forcefield your army off and clean up your zealots with ease.

So yeah, after trying that build out a little bit, I think going the robo route is much more stable.

ultron87

Pandaman said:
my brother recently bought the game and gave me one of his passes, is it bad that im using it to troll the bronze league?

I got two guest passes with Cataclysm. That actually would be fairly entertaining...

Corran Horn

Cheeto said:
wth, when did you get that tag!
All the cool kids have tags.

Anyone have att uverse and if so how well is the internet speeds? Im moving in a few days so Im not sure if I will be still able to stream games, or at a lower quality :/ I guess I might miss Comcast, although they are still shitty.

Meeru

Banned
Corran Horn said:
All the cool kids have tags.

Anyone have att uverse and if so how well is the internet speeds? Im moving in a few days so Im not sure if I will be still able to stream games, or at a lower quality :/ I guess I might miss Comcast, although they are still shitty.
dude get fios

Corran Horn

ultron87 said:
How can you Nydus Worm to the island on Scrap Station? It's an entirely separate mass.

Woah, man.
Also gravity man. Luckly all these planets and structures got the same gravity.

But who cares, Mutas can fly in motha fuckn space!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Corran Horn said:
Also gravity man. Luckly all these planets and structures got the same gravity.

But who cares, Mutas can fly in motha fuckn space!
the fuck is up with that!? they flap their wings against nothing. nothing!

also, how do battle cruisers just float?!

Keikaku

All of you: shut up and listen!

I'm back at my desktop computer. The time to languish in Gold League is once again upon me!

Imagine if you had to constantly micro airships to prevent them from crashing into the map. That would actually be a cool mechanic for 1 - 2 units, and it would definitely increase the level of difficult, allowing for the pro game to be even more insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom