• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
OpinionatedCyborg said:
Imagine if you had to constantly micro airships to prevent them from crashing into the map. That would actually be a cool mechanic for 1 - 2 units, and it would definitely increase the level of difficult, allowing for the pro game to be even more insane.
theres a point where it's tedium and anti-fun. you could add a million things to complicate the game and make it harder for any one person to master, but it wont make it a better game :[

unless that was the point of your post. im not sure :\

Deadly

OpinionatedCyborg said:
Imagine if you had to constantly micro airships to prevent them from crashing into the map. That would actually be a cool mechanic for 1 - 2 units, and it would definitely increase the level of difficult, allowing for the pro game to be even more insane.
That sounds fuckin awesome but way too complicated at the same time :lol

-COOLIO- said:
theres a point where it's tedium and anti-fun. you could add a million things to complicate the game and make it harder for any one person to master, but it wont make it a better game :[

unless that was the point of your post. im not sure :\
Oh, I'm thinking more from the angle of SC2 as a spectator sport. One of the things that makes BW so great is that the pros are doing shit you can barely understand. The micro is totally insane. I don't think increasing the micro in SC2 would necessarily make it a better game (in some cases it definitely would; in this case, which I'm not seriously suggesting, it may not), but I think it would make it a better e-sport.

You know what's great ?

when two streamers play and find each other on ladder and you open both streams and see what each guy is doing.

Watching Drewbie vs Tyler trash talk right now.

dude-zomgh.jpg

:D so proud.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I hate it when Im near victory and DTs appear :lol
Lucky I usually have a robo on the way already or already ready.

edit: found my mic :lol Looks like i can stream and it will record sounds and my chat, therefore me > mrmr! :p

Keikaku

Went 2-3 tonight.

Lost a PvP on close positions on Lost Temple to a forge fast expand. Goddamnit, I should have had that game if I didn't freeze and fuck up >.>

Also lost to a Zerg due to me not scouting him properly and I lost to a really shitty 2-base Terran.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So after my non stop hardcore Tekken 6 session, I decided to go unit test map and micro marines like a fucking God.

Spent 6 hours doing that.

I'll say this again, SC2 is most likely the best game ever created.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
do it vs terrans sure, but 4warp vs zerg sucks now that we can 14hatch. >_>
unless he is genius !!!
So after my non stop hardcore Tekken 6 session, I decided to go unit test map and micro marines like a fucking God.

Spent 6 hours doing that.

I'll say this again, SC2 is most likely the best game ever created.
i though you were zerg player.
i'm confused now.
anyway, marines micro is fucking hard.

nilbog21

Banned
any gaffers wana play until GSL Time? Any zerg gaffers wana practice against my AWEOSME terran??
trying to work out a build. valenti i need ur help

edit: i guess GSL was earlier today

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
nilbog21 said:
any gaffers wana play until GSL Time? Any zerg gaffers wana practice against my AWEOSME terran??
trying to work out a build. valenti i need ur help

edit: i guess GSL was earlier today

you woulda been playing for a LOOONG time

HolyCheck

syllogism said:
Huk's accounts are now #4 and #6 in Korea

it's so brilliant.. but why? lol

edit: anyone know any good Warcraft 3 frozen thrown walkthroughs? I'm talking just a simple 15 minute youtube video that explains a simple build order to get you through the first 10 minutes of the game.

On the level of, build a supply depot at 10, rax at 11, gas at 3 and so on so forth, just enough to give me a basis to play against my friends whom are just casual, but play it often enough to give me a run for my money using my sc2 micros and macros skillz

HolyCheck

Raelson said:
Just lost in round 2 because of a micro mistake. : /
oh well

ah damn! don't worry! some big names have fallen too!

the qualifiers for the gosucoaching team league final spot is on in 2 hours aswell

FXopen ,complexity gaming, lazarus gaming aAa and some others

Deadly

My friend basically won a 1v3 yesterday night was crazy :lol I got eliminated by a rush (ZZP) and a few minutes later our other friend dropped. So I got most of his minerals and just kept building shit from his buildings and my friend just kept attacking :D The other team must not have been happy :lol

zlatko

Banned
4th in my ladder. Feeling good. Had some epic fail games today that pissed me off. Bugs me to lose to a Terran who did nothing but amass all marines and a few medivacs. Stim up and drop me. :/

I also have a giant problem playing against zerg. I like never beat any. I'll get muta harassed, I'll get rushed. and the last game I didn't scout more than once, so I got completely crushed by about 50+ roaches at once. Even though I had 4 collasi with a shit ton of stalkers/zealots. If I had scouted he was going mass roach I could've just void rayed him and woulda won. :(

ACE 1991

I'm super impressed by the Campaign. I've always liked the idea of RTS's, but have never really been able to get into them since Starcraft 1. Are there some good multiplayer guides out there that you veterans recommend for the Starcraft 2 newbie? I can really see myself getting into this.

HolyCheck

ACE 1991 said:
I'm super impressed by the Campaign. I've always liked the idea of RTS's, but have never really been able to get into them since Starcraft 1. Are there some good multiplayer guides out there that you veterans recommend for the Starcraft 2 newbie? I can really see myself getting into this.

There will be some great videos around for you to watch, unfortuntly I don't watch day9 enough to know the ones where he's covered the basics

but day9 is a name to look into, he breaks things down

great tip: find yourself a build order, and practice it, even if its just the first 10 minutes

what race you thinking of going with? play as random for a bit maybe? or have you chosen!

Snow

ACE 1991 said:
The Day[9] Daily is probably the premier analytical/instructional Starcraft 2 show out there. A lot of it might be a bit too high level for a completely new player, but his 'newbie tuesday' shows have been extremely useful (first one is 184).

HolyCheck

shit just got epic, approaching the 40 minute mark, nukes on their way!

oh shit

43 minutes, GG with a nuke killing off the rest of the protoss army

zlatko

Banned
ACE 1991 said:

For me I never played a RTS more than 10-15 minutes my whole life until SC2. I also am not great at multi tasking, but I still think anyone with commitment can win/have fun with the multiplayer.

Things I did to get better:
1) Beat the campaign on normal and hard.
2) Complete all the challenge missions with Gold ranking.
3) Watch some tutorial videos/learn controls.
4) Try out all the races, and a basic build order for each to find the one that fits me.
5) Practice a lot against the computer and slowly increase it's difficulty once you start to win confidently.
6) Scout/control groups/never sit on money are the 3 things I've really been focusing on these past 2 weeks as well as knowing when to expand.

It's a lot of practice like any multiplayer game to get good. Don't let the game intimidate you, just take baby steps bit by bit. You're going to lose a lot, but know you will start winning once things start clicking.

My last tip is to not try and learn everything at once. Focus on various aspects bit by bit. If I can do it you can too. :)

ACE 1991

Snow said:
The Day[9] Daily is probably the premier analytical/instructional Starcraft 2 show out there. A lot of it might be a bit too high level for a completely new player, but his 'newbie tuesday' shows have been extremely useful (first one is 184).

Alright I'll check Day [9] out, thanks.

HolyCheck said:
There will be some great videos around for you to watch, unfortuntly I don't watch day9 enough to know the ones where he's covered the basics

but day9 is a name to look into, he breaks things down

great tip: find yourself a build order, and practice it, even if its just the first 10 minutes

what race you thinking of going with? play as random for a bit maybe? or have you chosen!

Choosing between Protoss and Terran. My knee-jerk reaction is Terran because of the campaign, but the Protoss seem quite interesting and I love the quasi-Amazonian high-tech aesthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom