• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Been waiting 18 hours now for someone to log on to Battle.net so I can start playing...

Jesus.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, I know NOTHING about Mothership... how does the recall spell work? How did the stalkers and only the stalkers get summoned back?

Aylinato

kiwi is very well known for his blink stalker play(which I haven't used myself against gaffers, but I might in the next GAF night or so =P )

mothership has 2 spells, one is vortex(offensive/type) which sucks all units into a hole, a black hole as it would seem. The second spell is the mass recall, has the same type of look if u were casting a forcefield(like, the weird shape it shows) and you can only recall so many troops(I tried my whole army once but it left a bunch back at the base =(

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Revengeance said:
wow, that blink stalker/mothership rampage was amazing.

Found the video on reddit: start at minute 38

http://www.justin.tv/screddit/b/277180241

I did moves like that with Dragoons and Arbiters against my Terran buddy in SC1 all the time. With the Dragoon's clunky movement and slow speed, it was impossible to snipe expansions against his Tanks without the aid of an Aribter to warp units in and another to warp them out. However, it appears Stalkers correct half that equation by making it much easier to reach the expo, so perhaps I can resurrect this strat again with the help of a defensive mothership

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Only took 4 months to bring theorycraft into a tournament game.

Well done on execution KiwiKaki. About time we saw some brilliant play from what races can really do.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
how has no one used the mothership for defensive purposes like that before :lol :lol

syllogism said:
RO16 of that huge 768 player playxp tournament had one protoss player and RO8 7 terrans...

Finals MVP v Nestea

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=182933

I can never work out how to get the korean gom stream, even for events we're supposed to be able to view, to work.

if you can, share ;_;

edit nvm: just doesnt work with opera and i never thought to try firefox :lol

edit2: ok no i cant get it to work :( plays the commercial then i get the fabled error 00000051

HolyCheck

TheThunder said:
I thought TheSTC was in the army, what's the deal him playing at a lan ?

MVP lost one game only to MKP, the rest were clean sweeps. The guy is easily a front runner for this GSL if he doesn't choke like the last one.

is it a lan or online?

if it's online he always enters these things

if it's lan i do not know

speaking of army

Fruit Dealer.. and I believe Tester still have to go :(

Q8D3vil

TheThunder said:
I thought TheSTC was in the army, what's the deal him playing at a lan ?

MVP lost one game only to MKP, the rest were clean sweeps. The guy is easily a front runner for this GSL if he doesn't choke like the last one.
he will finish his military duty in may.
i heard he was the best terran in the beta.

zlatko

Banned
I think I should just give up on this game and stick to being a spectator. I've lost 13 games today and won 1. Actually make that 14 now. Went from 4th in my ladder to 7th.

Nothing is working for me. I've had to play the same 3 guys in a loop who keep shitting on me.

HolyCheck

zlatko said:
I think I should just give up on this game and stick to being a spectator. I've lost 13 games today and won 1. Actually make that 14 now. Went from 4th in my ladder to 7th.

Nothing is working for me. I've had to play the same 3 guys in a loop who keep shitting on me.

Take a break :)

Give it a few days where you rest, if it's stressing you out in any way, no point in playing!

zlatko

Banned
HolyCheck said:
Take a break :)

Give it a few days where you rest, if it's stressing you out in any way, no point in playing!

Yeah I just got loss # 15. This is just fucking stupid. :/

Edit: Tried a 2v2 to switch it up. Loss #16. LIKE A BOSS!

Keikaku

zlatko said:
Yeah I just got loss # 15. This is just fucking stupid. :/

Edit: Tried a 2v2 to switch it up. Loss #16. LIKE A BOSS!

Take a step back from the game and do something else. Losing streaks happen to everyone; hell, in one of his dailies Day9 talks about one his losing streaks which was apparently well into the double digits. If I remember correctly, he played something like 60-80 games and he won maybe 15 of them.

Just go read a book, play another game, watch some TV, just whatever.

zlatko

Banned
HolyCheck said:
better yet zlatko, dj wheats show starts in 25 minutes! tune in!

Where at? :)

I did take a break though after loss 16 haha. I went to do some Street Fighter and beat up a lot of people. I then ate some food, and watched the new episode of One Piece like all big ballers do.

Spl1nter

I find going all-in for few wins always to be a good way to end a losing streak. Nothing like some well executed baneling busts or a roach rush.

In reality my all-ins arent even that cheesy as I still 14 pool/14 extractor and only do those builds based on scouting info. However one game I did drone rush

If only I was toss and could have 67436324 different all-in BOs

HolyCheck

zlatko said:
I don't know wtf this is, but I'll stick with the Reddit stream. :lol

it's dj wheats SC2 show!

if you don't know who DJWheat is... you will soon! (as he's commentating the reddit thing later with day9!)

zlatko

Banned
OpinionatedCyborg said:
ahahaha another proxy hatch in response to a fucking photon cannon rush

Total deja vu. :lol Cannon rush is such a crap choice against a Zerg player. PvP PvT it def. has its uses, but Zerg is the anti cannon rush race all around.

It's kind of silly seeing someone as good as Whitera relying on a cannon play.

Edit: You know what? As a bronze leaguer I know I don't have a real right to call someone ass at this game, but come the fuck on whitera. Cannon play AGAIN? :/ Stay free.

Keikaku

zlatko said:
Total deja vu. :lol Cannon rush is such a crap choice against a Zerg player. PvP PvT it def. has its uses, but Zerg is the anti cannon rush race all around.

??? If I recall correctly, it works just fine against Zerg. I seem to remember Idra saying that cannon rushing a Zerg was actually really effective if you can prevent them from getting their second hatch down and denying them the ramp.

EDIT: I don't like seeing cannon rushes used, but these guys are playing for money so all is fair. I can understand that they'll use whatever it takes to win.

zlatko said:

Um...no. You're wrong. 100% wrong.

Keikaku

Just to make one last point about this: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Cannon_rush

As noted in that link, Terrans have the easiest time dealing with cannon rushes and zergs have the least number of options.

Back to the Reddit tournament, I really don't like TotalBiscuit as a caster. He's humorous but I miss the analysis that iNControl or Day9 would provide.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
zlatko said:

Edit: You know what? As a bronze leaguer I know I don't have a real right to call someone ass at this game, but come the fuck on whitera. Cannon play AGAIN? :/ Stay free.
You can delay the hatch and force a tech path while you expand and can spam probes.
It's a pretty decent opening on these stupidly small maps.

WhiteRa stomping Catz's face. FF so imba :[

Totally switching to P

zlatko

Banned
Hazaro said:
You can delay the hatch and force a tech path while you expand and can spam probes.
It's a pretty decent opening on these stupidly small maps.

WhiteRa stomping Catz's face. FF so imba :[

Totally switching to P

Hmm, I may have to incorporate it more into my play against Zerg on Xel Naga then. It really worked out well.

Poor Catz. :(

Sometimes I wonder if Zerg should put down more Spine Crawlers to defend against Warp Gate rushes. It's so painful to see them lose like this because they're so greedy.

Also on Cannon rushing, try doing it against Protoss on Xel Naga caverns. There's a spot on the South spawn where you can put down 3 cannons and fully wall off, so you can only attack with 2 or so units at once. Basically impossible to stop if the opponent doesn't know about it. :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
watervengeance said:
Poor Catz. :(

Sometimes I wonder if Zerg should put down more Spine Crawlers to defend against Warp Gate rushes. It's so painful to see them lose like this because they're so greedy.

Also on Cannon rushing, try doing it against Protoss on Xel Naga caverns. There's a spot on the South spawn where you can put down 3 cannons and fully wall off, so you can only attack with 2 or so units at once. Basically impossible to stop if the opponent doesn't know about it. :lol
Ask a laddering Zerg how to defend vs 4 gate and the answer is 4 spines.
He's a fairly safe player.

Spl1nter

Keikaku said:
Back to the Reddit tournament, I really don't like TotalBiscuit as a caster. He's humorous but I miss the analysis that iNControl or Day9 would provide.

Hes fun to listen to. Its like listening to sports on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom