• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
You had fucking Collossi. You should have target fired the middle the SCV repair line and let the splash do the rest. Then when the majority of them are deaders, let your Immortals (you did have Immortals, right?) do the rest of the work.

Everything you are stating = time and minerals. Which also gives him time and minerals.

I targeted the worker line when I had collasi but by that time he had already expanded. When the fortress went down I realized right next to him---the only expansion I can't go to safely to stop expansions because of the fortress... he had built several star ports to pump out cruisers. To make it worse the one expo he had during that time I needed to build units to crush him was a Gold, and up to then my only two were blue, when I got my third of gold I thought I had it in the bag. I went past the planetary with shields up, and crushed all the star ports and taht expo, came back to the planetary to deal with it, but the few workers there were gone.

So I go to the other spots on map---find one expo just as it had finished with no guards---took it out. Then I go to the last spot on map thinking oh I got this in the bag. Up there was 9 million battle cruisers and my stalkers even with level 3 attack weren't enough. As I try to warp in more thinking he can't keep this up with just 1 base, he took out my gold. My main was already bled out, and my natural was low as hell. I use the 1,000 some extra I had to warp in a buncha stalkers, but it was too late. Too many cruisers and he was still mining from that last base.

That planetary made all the difference. :/

Cheeto

zlatko said:
FUCK TERRAN. Broken as fuck junk ass race.

I managed to have 3 bases over this guy who I cannon rushed. He went and rebuilt his base somewhere.w hen I find him it's a planetary fortress. Oh you know what that means? All the SCVs just repair and you can't do shit about it.

So I amass an army with collasi to try and take this bad boy out---I even stop him from expanding, but low and behold from 1 fucking fortress mine he was able to:

A) Expand twice
B) Amass 50 million battle cruisers
C) take out my giant army that was upgraded as hell and I had 3 bases pumping out money at once.

That's so fucking bull shit. SCVs should not be able to repair the damn fortress or it should cap how many SCVs can repair it at once. Fucking god damn horse shit.
POST REPLAY

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
With so much news breaking in the last few days. There needs to be a hype thread.

There was so much going on and it was bouncing around three threads (sc2, gsl jan, gsl march) that it needed its own home.

Get HYPE.
and with all this shit breaking... sc2 on ESPN? Let's hope.

OP will be updated as all the news officially breaks on both MLG + NASL

Spl1nter

damn gaf is harsh and cutthroat today. Come on guys we are all about helping people improve through positive reinforcement and feedback. Dont need to kick a player down for not being in master league

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spl1nter said:
damn gaf is harsh and cutthroat today. Come on guys we are all about helping people improve through positive reinforcement and feedback. Dont need to kick a player down for not being in master league
who are you and where is spl1nter?

BigAT

Just as some general advice, coming out of games, especially losses, with the attitude of "What did I do wrong here? What can I do in the future to prevent this from happening again?" is much healthier and will result in better improvement than "FUCKIN IMBA PLANETARY FORTRESS BULLSHIT" ever will.

zlatko

Banned
BigAT said:
Just as some general advice, coming out of games, especially losses, with the attitude of "What did I do wrong here? What can I do in the future to prevent this from happening again?" is much healthier and will result in better improvement than "FUCKIN IMBA PLANETARY FORTRESS BULLSHIT" ever will.

:( But it helps the inner rage within me find a place to let it all out. :lol

:/ Yeah I am gonna go watch that replay again. The game after against a different Terran I smashed him. I think my problem with the long ass game where I lost was I wasn't applying enough pressure, and I honestly should've left a drone in every possible expansion place to prevent him from expanding altogether.

<.< But fuck Terrans either way. XD

Protoss is my bane. I've had some success recently slapping myself until I throw down 2-3 spinecrawlers at my natural the second it pops, then mixing lings and roaches. But even then it's easy to get overrun by a 4 gate. bah

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
PhoenixDark said:
Protoss is my bane. I've had some success recently slapping myself until I throw down 2-3 spinecrawlers at my natural the second it pops, then mixing lings and roaches. But even then it's easy to get overrun by a 4 gate. bah
According to the Machine ZvP lesson you should be throwing down like 4 spine crawlers and pumping out pure speedlings.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
mescalineeyes said:
I love Machine, I really do, but without scouting that's a terrible idea.

and we saw how that worked out for him yesterday :x
You don't throw down the spine crawlers blindly and massing speedlings blindly of course,.

ultron87

Random aside: Going triple robo against a turtling Protoss off 4 base is incredibly enjoyable. Because it looks like your forces are dwindling just a little bit, and then 3 more Colossi show up in a group.

Pandaman said:
roach nets you more drones though, and burrow/speed roach isnt half as bad vs stalker as any type of ling vs zealot/sentry.

Yup. I've seen the argument on teamliquid about mass lings being better, but it almost never works for me. Once a good protoss sees mass lings they just warp in more Zealots. Just a few Roaches+Spine crawlers can save you if you engage his army correctly.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
Yup. I've seen the argument on teamliquid about mass lings being better, but it almost never works for me. Once a good protoss sees mass lings they just warp in more Zealots. Just a few Roaches+Spine crawlers can save you if you engage his army correctly.
yea, roach gvies you a window to surge and punish quickly and decisively if toss has a bad composition, with ling its a massive micro sink just to stay alive.

I really like a healthy mix of both and sorta try to micro it like i would banelings, as in the zerglings try to get a surround on the stalkers while the roaches add to the damage being done.

Spl1nter

I find my way of dealing with 4 gate is throw down 2nd spine (3rd if extremely low on unit count and wont be able to get more out). Place down Roach warren. Hold off first push with lings while pumping out roaches. Dont miss injects, dont get supply blocked, try to snipe the pylon.

Spl1nter

Pandaman said:
i find runbys help when the spectators don't point them out the second the armies pass.

*glares*
get over it you little baby. Wouldnt make a difference at all if you didnt suck at sc2.

LakeEarth

About the mass battlecruiser problem, what would've been a better option? Pheonix, with lots of micro so they never get hit, or templar for feedback?

I know the best option is to just go fucking kill him, but for the sake of conversation which is a better idea??

ultron87

LakeEarth said:
About the mass battlecruiser problem, what would've been a better option? Pheonix, with lots of micro so they never get hit, or templar for feedback?

I know the best option is to not let it happen, but for the sake of conversation.

Void Rays or Stalkers would do pretty well against them. Add in some armor upgrades and a guardian shield and you've got yourself a Cattlebruiser barbecue.

Void Rays should own them up once the patch hits. But if they have Yamato they can thin out your VR fleet really quickly.

And if you have Templar you can feedback for some good damage if they don't have Yamato, and stop them from Yamatoing if they do.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
LakeEarth said:

I know the best option is to just go fucking kill him, but for the sake of conversation which is a better idea??
Unupgraded phoenix do 4 damage a shot to a 550hp unit.

If he has Yamato (and he should). Go blink stalker + Templar. Some VR help as well, but it's all about a ton of feedback and storm if he has like 20 of them.

Also if you let a Terran get that many BC's I'm positive you could have played better.
Post the rep. DO IT.

IceMarker

IT'S FINALLY HERE! THE NORTH AMERICAN NEOGAF 2011 STARCRAFT II INVITATIONAL!

9td36r.png

>MAIN THREAD LOCATED HERE!<
Invites: Spl1nter, Pandaman, Vaporak, Valenti, Aylinato, Nilbog, Hazard, and Ultron.

HolyCheck

*clap*

I will sign up only if you need the numbers, so push me out if you reach how many you need and there are more people keen.. as we all know I don't win nor have any kind of skill...

I need to practice my 12drone rush...

rsam87

PATCH INCOMING!

Edit: I don't post much often here, I lurk quite a bit. But I wouldn't mind playing in the tourney. Around 2400 Diamond Toss if there's some sort of skill bracketing.

HolyCheck

rsam87 said:
PATCH INCOMING!

Edit: I don't post much often here, I lurk quite a bit. But I wouldn't mind playing in the tourney. Around 2400 Diamond Toss if there's some sort of skill bracketing.

Shit just got real :O

Spl1nter said:
what you talking about. Must be an Aussie thing.

:(

Server is down from 06:00 to 14:00

ultron87

In like win.

Not that I'll win.

YAY PATCH! Time to build a billion Phoenixes. Phoenixes? Is that the plural? Or is Phoenix the singular and the plural?

Raelson

MrMister said:
IT'S FINALLY HERE! THE NEOGAF 2011 STARCRAFT II INVITATIONAL!
1st Place Prize is this wonderful mouse pad courtesy of Pandaman: IMAGE LINK

As you can see the brackets are empty at the moment, I need to fill them by this Thursday. The first 8 slots will be filled by the invited following 8 players below who have proven themselves in GAF nights, they may choose to decline if they wish.
The remaining 8 slots will be filled by players requesting to participate, to sign-up please post here in the thread or PM me. The last 8 slots are first come, first serve. More 'sign-up slots' will open if any of the invited players decline a position.
Invites: Spl1nter, Pandaman, Vaporak, Valenti, Aylinato, Nilbog, Hazard, and Ultron.
(If invites can make it please post ASAP.)

Anyways, I look forward to hosting you all and I hope we get some of the best matches we've ever seen out of GAF! Plus we get to see who is truly the best NA NeoGAF SCII player.
I will post the full bracket by Wednesday and will continue to update it throughout the month.

EDIT:
Confirmed Invites:
-Pandaman

Registrants:
-HolyCheck
Would love to play in this. : )

HolyCheck

Hmm bothered that the SEA server is down.. I was going to get Paz to come and enter this to stand tall for the Australians and no idea how often he logs into gaf! lol

(former top 200 player!)

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MrMister said:
Registering? :lol
No, in process of moving atm so I cant practice at all, and not sure If I can stream since I will have a new internet with lower uploads, but just let me know what ya need help with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom