• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Hadn't played for almost 2 weeks and it's amazing how many things I was forgetting to do. New PC is coming tomorrow so time to get back into playing.
Yoshichan said:
What about Fungal not being able to hit air?

edit: seriously, this patch changed NOTHING for zerg. Or am I blind? Bunker reduction time + even earlier phoenix' will just make zerg 15 hatch weaker than they already are.
Unless I missed something neither the Fungal or Bunker changes are happening.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol No bunker reduction time? Awesome :D But yeah, this patch really added zero new gameplay mechanics unfortunately...

Vaporak

Alright, I'm giving up my invite spot, I just can't be there on time to play. Hope whoever gets my spot enjoys the tournament! Can't wait to watch the casts. :D

Deadman

Dont fix zerg, but fix these?

Protoss structures can no longer be powered without a power source if constructed while powered by a Warp Prism under the effects of Neural Parasite.
Mass Recall can no longer target larva or eggs.

lolz.

Keikaku

HolyCheck said:
P.S. Keikaku, if you wanna do a cast as a team.. I'm KEEN. (casting solo is lame) I'm just saying because casting partners need to be born, not made! we must try, see if we flow. What's your style? Analytical? Cool. Coz I'm usually drunk

I'm game. Do you want to grab a GAF replay that no-one has casted yet and commentate it? I have no idea what my style would be. If I cast anything like I am in regular life, I'll probably end up being sarcastic and somewhat analytical :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
In how many hours is GSL and which thread are we gonna do use?

Spl1nter

Pandaman said:
just what protoss needs, another obscure build and mechanics that make it harder to be scouted.

Quick stargate is my weakness already. I think making an early 3rd queen is basically required now when lair starts that and gas steal.

Aylinato

Spl1nter said:
Quick stargate is my weakness already. I think making an early 3rd queen is basically required now when lair starts that and gas steal.

I dont need 2 gas for stargate, just 1(for phoenixs, for voids i would)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spl1nter said:
shame you cant gassteal anymore because pylon/gate/probe is now a perfect walloff.

zlatko

Banned
Liking the new patch added the gas buildings telling you worker count on them. There's been a few times where I've had to pull my workers off the line due to an attack and was unsure how many I sent back to do gas. :p

valenti said:
Yeah man we need u in sc2 and hon, lot of new recruits from hon. Maybe u can make a grand appearance when gaf announces their tournament :p
Apparently not! At least in regards to the SC2 tourny. I'm too out of the loop at the moment, but I'll root for you guys :D

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Keikaku said:
I'm game. Do you want to grab a GAF replay that no-one has casted yet and commentate it? I have no idea what my style would be. If I cast anything like I am in regular life, I'll probably end up being sarcastic and somewhat analytical :lol

We will be WONDEROUS. just need to work out a time!

good time for me is like 17 hours from now or 40+ hours!i can gaurentee if we tried i 40+ hours i would be drunk

Keikaku

Hold me GAF! I just beat my first Platinum ranked player in 1v1 :D. At the very least, I don't recall beating a Platinum player before. I know it's probably not a big thing to most of you, but it is to me.

It was a PvZ on Lost Temple and I didn't play it especially well. I went for a forge expand that somehow got muddled into a 3 gate-robo with an additional forge and 2 cannons. That turned out to be great because he sent roaches at me. I held off the initial push pumped some imms and stalkers and then slowly, gradually pushed out. He went mutas and could, I think, have turned the tide but he seemed to be a bit too passive about his macro. By his own admission, my opponent didn't drone well, which I think would have made the difference. Still pumped though :D :D

EDIT: HolyCheck, I just started school again, but I'll be free on Wednesday after 8PM PST which is, I believe, 3PM Sydney time. I am aware that Australia has multiple time zones but I don't know which one you're in :lol :lol

zlatko

Banned
This game > everything else. I haven't been this into a games multiplayer since the first Gears of War a couple years back. Best part is SC2 is going to keep going strong for 10+ years, where Gears 2 came out and sucked a big one 2 years after Gears 1.

Getting a couple buddies into it too. Played some co-op against A.I with a friend today since he's really really new and hasn't even beat the campaign yet.

One of the best ways to get buddies into this is showing them something with day9 and he tends to win them over that SC2 is awesome. :D

Lost at least 5 matches today dude to internet failures. Wtfffff.

I just couldn't stop even though I knew it'd keep going out. :lol I won like 15 matches though.

Should probably invest in a router that isn't like 7 years old though....

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Gomtv hiring some more english commentaries. Splinter/Panda combo go!

Panda for name voices and splinter for insults.

Feep

Banned
I would apply, but I feel my skill level is not high enough to provide insightful commentary. I'm extremely practiced as a host and commentator in general, but I'm just not good enough in Starcraft. = (

Spl1nter

Feep said:
I would apply, but I feel my skill level is not high enough to provide insightful commentary. I'm extremely practiced as a host and commentator in general, but I'm just not good enough in Starcraft. = (

im sure you could do are play by play fine, haz would be pretty good for the colour/analyst role. gaf always has a position for you

Hazaro said:
Also I'm switching to Protoss.
Why

fanboi

Banned
So I played my 2nd Protoss game yesterday (mind you I have played Zerg 99,999999% of all games, maybe 1000 games since beta).

First game, vs plat terran. Did 4 gate easy win :lol

Next game vs diamond zerg, 4 gate easy win and I fucked up several times... killed all my attacking units... :lol :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ChronicleX said:
No-ones stopping you! Look how it worked out for Psy.

Why? :lol
I know man! I practice casted a game and felt I did reasonably well. I'm upgrading my comp so I can actually record at 720 without the game choking on me. But now I am partly employed so I come home actually tired. Feels bad man.

Because macro is easy mode and FF are imba.
Zealot sentry all game long off 6 bases like a TOSS.

Yeah 4gate kinda beats most people since they just do not make units or build defences well. However same goes for the 7RR. You can win every PvP at the lower levels (and I mean EVERY) just by making sure your warp gate finishes first. :lol

Hazaro said:
I know man! I practice casted a game and felt I did reasonably well. I'm upgrading my comp so I can actually record at 720 without the game choking on me. But now I am partly employed so I come home actually tired. Feels bad man.

Because macro is easy mode and FF are imba.
Zealot sentry all game long off 6 bases like a TOSS.

I REALLY hate FF. I have always felt the race has been balance around that skill instead of the skill around the race. It really pisses me off since crutch use of that skill is what makes or breaks a good toss.

I do my best most games to avoid making a single one, I hate them that much! :lol Also nothing stops you from casting at a lower res. If its good people will still watch it. The alternate is to get into a game as an obs and cast that, then you can give someone the replay and have them record your camera so they can do the footage for you.

IceMarker

I've updated the main tournament post with the latest registarants and confirmed and declined invites since I left for work and got back.
So as of this post we have 7 of 8 confirmed invites to show up to our first major GAF tournament of 2011! (Sorry to see Vaporak leave this one, maybe next time!)
To promote the tournament as well as get it out to the world to see, we have many interesting propositions pouring in through Mumble and PMs, here are a few tidbits...

-I will be posting tournament information on various sites including possibly Reddit and TeamLiquid.
-Many posters and friends of posters have mentioned wanting to cast the GAF Invitational including friends of Spl1nter, Scogoth and Caderyn, Keikaku and HolyCheck, as well as Hazaro(?).
-I will be streaming from Ro8 and on, Corran Horn will almost definitely stream everything.
-As always Pandaman has planned to give away a 'Moe Queen' mouse pad to the king of the tourney.
-Since we have more than 16 players total willing to play, I will be hosting Bo1 qualifiers for the lowest seeded players, winners get into the brackets.
-Brackets will be seeded by ladder score.
-Remember that anyone can be a registrant as long as they are in SEA or NA. (Sorry EU!)
-Finally, 1.2 will be out by the time the tournament begins, so get in that practice with the new patch!

GO GO NEOGAF

HolyCheck

Keikaku said:
Hold me GAF! I just beat my first Platinum ranked player in 1v1 :D. At the very least, I don't recall beating a Platinum player before. I know it's probably not a big thing to most of you, but it is to me.

It was a PvZ on Lost Temple and I didn't play it especially well. I went for a forge expand that somehow got muddled into a 3 gate-robo with an additional forge and 2 cannons. That turned out to be great because he sent roaches at me. I held off the initial push pumped some imms and stalkers and then slowly, gradually pushed out. He went mutas and could, I think, have turned the tide but he seemed to be a bit too passive about his macro. By his own admission, my opponent didn't drone well, which I think would have made the difference. Still pumped though :D :D

EDIT: HolyCheck, I just started school again, but I'll be free on Wednesday after 8PM PST which is, I believe, 3PM Sydney time. I am aware that Australia has multiple time zones but I don't know which one you're in :lol :lol

I will be in NZ then, so that works for me!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
W/L tends to 50/50 the more you play, maybe if you laddered more yours would be there to. :p
yea, my win advantage has always grown the more i played, thats sort of how percentages work.

enjoy being a win farm for the rest of the ladder. :p

HolyCheck

has the patch hit the NA server yet ?

i'm just asking as I'm unable to sign into the NA server with my upgraded super client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom