• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milabrega

I'm watching, snow storm delayed the delivery of my copy at least another day. Can I request a big ffa game or team game? Those always make for good specatin

zlatko

Banned
I had a Jinro moment today where I would've had the game sept I fucked up my wall off by an inch and boom speedlings in my base.

Also, to whoever asked about the roach question I find 2 gate robo works really well. Immortals crap on roaches. I think I usually have a few stalkers, 2 sentries, 2 immortals, then I push out. That's usually when you can also expand as you push or add on two more gates to help support your push in case he takes out the first bit.

I just had an awesome game against another Toss who missed my probe at the start I got into his main. Rather than risk a possible fail cannon rush, I left him there while I got my 4 gates up. I then sent another probe to go scout him to realize he had walled the front patch of his expansion, so he could early expand. :D CHA CHING! Warped in an army and shit on his main, taking out all the void rays he built, stopped the stargates, crapped on all his probes, then he GG's. I also had 2 cannons backing me up so when he made a counter attack against me in his main I just backed up to the cannons, warped in more stalkers, and that was when the GG came.

:D

Oh and I checked a lot of my recent matches...it's almost all silver league players. Still no bump to silver league considering I win the majority of my matches against silver peeps. :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's up with the bloom effects?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That was fucking bullshit :lol Shitty map, zerg should've gotten it.

Yoshichan

ezrarh said:
Back doors and ramps everywhere! Even though I play protoss, it's still going to be a stupid ladder map.
Wait, that's gonna be a ladder map? Seriously?

Yoshichan

Pandaman said:
no it wont, it'll be a gsl map.
Puh, thank god :lol Too bad for the GSL players. Really not a fan of it atm.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
snyLe.png

Yoshichan

God damn this piece of shit game pisses me off when shit just doesn't work as they are supposed to when playing against someone "new". Nothing's "new" in the persons gameplay, it's all fucking mental.

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
God damn this piece of shit game pisses me off when shit just doesn't work as they are supposed to when playing against someone "new". Nothing's "new" in the persons gameplay, it's all fucking mental.
don't be angry, it's not worth it.
it was a custom game, i even fucked up my macro.
anyway, gg

Yoshichan

As a zerg, remind me what we can do about someone who covers the ramp with this:

yOPjP.jpg

Hides this:

ncvYb.jpg

And completely demolishes this:

sROBv.jpg

Just a reminder, please. Because from common sense, I'd use roach. But no roach in the world (before the void rays starts coming out, that is) will be able to penetrate that fucking fortress of armor and cannons.

edit: fuck it, I'll always get destroyed by protoss. Anyway, up we go! Down we go (back to platinum) repeat x10

cd7ua.jpg

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Overlord on the right so you can snipe the Gateway from the ledge. Then run in with a few roaches/lings and have fun.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Watch the replay again and look at the timing of the stargate. Remember the next time you see a wall like that it could mean stargate, and suicide an overlord into their base to try and get a look at their tech at that time.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
@Yoshi: Yeah someone already said that you can simply snipe the gateway from low ground with an overlord as a spotter. Then run in with speedlings. Or you can blow the forge with banelings if there are no sentries.

Also Forge fast expand nearly always means either Stargate or heavy gateway pressure. Hydras own both. Because he walled himself in, you can take risks such as expanding another time or going super fast lair.

Vaporak

Des0lar said:
@Yoshi: Yeah someone already said that you can simply snipe the gateway from low ground with an overlord as a spotter. Then run in with speedlings. Or you can blow the forge with banelings if there are no sentries.

Also Forge fast expand nearly always means either Stargate or heavy gateway pressure. Hydras own both. Because he walled himself in, you can take risks such as expanding another time or going super fast lair.

Super fast lair is the best response, you know you won't need that first 100 gas for ling speed; and if you expand too fast it'll just get denied as you won't have the army to defend it. Just recently in the GSL Tester/TSL-Trickster got obliterated by Zenio going fast mutas when Tester forge fast expanded and transitioned into gateway units.

So, as to the extend of my knowledge, this is the best ZvP I have played yet.

I would love for anyone to help me out with any sort of pointers as to what I could've done better, because I feel that this game is a good foundation to build upon.

syllogism

1.2 changed tech lab animation so that it ONLY flashes green when it is researching something. Previously it used to flash also when an unit that requires tech lab was being constructed. Thus it's quite a bit easier to scout if banshee with cloak is coming or if T is going for blue flame hellions.

zlatko said:
Oh and I checked a lot of my recent matches...it's almost all silver league players. Still no bump to silver league considering I win the majority of my matches against silver peeps. :/

Its as I've been saying, high bronze is purgatory.

Boy, I sure saw a lot of VRs last night. I don't seen a great way to deal with it other than an early mball push with conc shell and stim. Its a shame if the metagame shifts this way because I had a much more sophisticated 9-10 minute 2-base push vs toss which I liked a lot more.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
mescalineeyes said:
So, as to the extend of my knowledge, this is the best ZvP I have played yet.

I would love for anyone to help me out with any sort of pointers as to what I could've done better, because I feel that this game is a good foundation to build upon.
I've noticed this in nearly every game I've seen you play, but you never seem to scout (early at least) it wasn't until like 5-6minutes in until you had a look at his base and you only got a good look as he broke his wall.

You should place a Ling on his natural, or the grass behind so you can check, also your overlords are just sitting in your base doing nothing.

Your creep spread is pretty bad, get into the habit of spawning them after injects. You also missed loads of injects, use a timer (www.speedbagforum.com/timer.html) to make sure you don't miss any.

Why did you make your 3rd so far away?

You forgot to get the range upgrade for Hydras, and you should have made 2 Evo Chambers. Around 26 minutes in you kill of his 3rd and then run away, when all he has is like 6 stalkers and a colossus. You could have got Broodlords so much earlier, and you needed to make more Drones, around 30mins in you have 28.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
is there anything more awesome than getting the same guy twice on the ladder after he cheeses you?

whats wrong brah, your 2port banshee isnt looking so hot now.

Ikuu said:
use a timer
please elaborate? how do I use that timer while I play :D

also, I think most of that stuff, except for the hydra range, is apm related and the fact that in a replay, you can see the entire map and I can not (ad why I didn't attack)

also, thank you for taking some time to go through it, much appreciated!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
mescalineeyes said:
please elaborate? how do I use that timer while I play :D

also, I think most of that stuff, except for the hydra range, is apm related and the fact that in a replay, you can see the entire map and I can not (ad why I didn't attack)
Set it to like 36 seconds a round, can't remember the exact time (due to the game running on Faster) and just alt tab after you inject the first time. Also you didn't hotkey all of your hatcheries so had one sitting with like 16 larvae and not making a thing.

I don't agree with it being APM related to be honest, especially scouting early with a drone. Moving Overlords around the map (check expansions etc) should be something that you just do, I mean it's not like you're being aggressive so need to focus on fighting. It's a match that lasted almost twice as long as it should have, and one you could have lost. If you get your economy back up you could have just made some broodlords and just smashed through him.

Forgetting Hydra range is just something that's going to happen from time to time.

As for the attack after the 3rd, you've just destroyed him army and you could easily poke in and see what he has. There is no way he'll have built up enough to destroy your entire army.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
man... ROOT7pool is strong as fuck vs toss on the ladder, i kinda feel bad, then i remember its a zvp on jungle.

also: it sucks how i only have 1.8k points, but because my mmr is from before my long break, im matched against 2.4k+ diamonds. im beating them, but it makes climbing in points a slow crawl since im only winning like 51% of the time. >_>

Tntnnbltn

Yoshichan said:
As a zerg, remind me what we can do about someone who covers the ramp with this:[...]
In addition to others who mentioned overlord suicide scouting, they probably won't have many sentrys or stalkers in their base is they are storing gas for phoenixes and voids, especially if they've already got double gate. There mightn't be units in the base to pick off your overlord at all, other than the voids/phoenixes themselves which would've given you the info you needed anyway.

zlatko

Banned
a176 said:
that game vs inflames was a waste of everyone's time. 125apm bronze player my ass

What happened? haha. He played me too earlier in the day and he sure as shit didn't play like a bronze.

Keikaku

zlatko said:
What happened? haha. He played me too earlier in the day and he sure as shit didn't play like a bronze.

inFlames is not a bronze player. I was talking to him last night and he let his brother use his account and hence he got bumped down to bronze. He's at least a Platinum, though more likely, Diamond level Terran. He DESTROYED me in 2 seperate games.

WedgeX

Banned
zlatko said:

Well you see, I asked if anyone was a bronzer such as myself because its no fun in something that can be as uneven as someone in bronze versus...well, anything else :lol Oh, and so fellow gaffers can coach us to be better, should they feel like it. inFlames said that he was, so I was happy!

Then it all came crumbling down. Down in flames, even.

Then Aylinato (who is plat 1v1 I think) went up against him and got beaten :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
WedgeX said:
Well you see, I asked if anyone was a bronzer such as myself because its no fun in something that can be as uneven as someone in bronze versus...well, anything else :lol Oh, and so fellow gaffers can coach us to be better, should they feel like it. inFlames said that he was, so I was happy!

Then it all came crumbling down. Down in flames, even.

Then Aylinato (who is plat 1v1 I think) went up against him and got beaten :lol
i played him today and went baaaaaaneling into 6 spawning pools and just watched him not play like a bronze.

he was 2 raxing, stutter stepping his marines, blocking backdoors, the works. :lol

zlatko

Banned
Keikaku said:
inFlames is not a bronze player. I was talking to him last night and he let his brother use his account and hence he got bumped down to bronze. He's at least a Platinum, though more likely, Diamond level Terran. He DESTROYED me in 2 seperate games.

Thank GOD he isn't haha. I felt so shitty after he completely destroyed me. I started to question if I had made improvements or not in these past 2 weeks. It's soul crushing when the other guy is in bronze, but is plat/diamond on his real account.

Yesterday I had a ladder game against a guy named FruitDealer. I told him cool name, because that's the name of a pro player. Turns out this guy roflstomped me like he was the real deal. :lol

As if purgatory wasn't bad enough there's smurf accounts to keep it even more hellish. :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
yeah smurfs are kinda scummy, 50x50 portraits ain't a good excuse to troll people the thousands of times you need to play to unlock them.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
zlatko said:
Thank GOD he isn't haha. I felt so shitty after he completely destroyed me. I started to question if I had made improvements or not in these past 2 weeks. It's soul crushing when the other guy is in bronze, but is plat/diamond on his real account.

Yesterday I had a ladder game against a guy named FruitDealer. I told him cool name, because that's the name of a pro player. Turns out this guy roflstomped me like he was the real deal. :lol

As if purgatory wasn't bad enough there's smurf accounts to keep it even more hellish. :(

:lol :lol

Aylinato

Pandaman said:
yeah smurfs are kinda scummy, 50x50 portraits ain't a good excuse to troll people the thousands of times you need to play to unlock them.

lol, yea I was thinking about the game after I played him last night, and I knew he had to be smurfing cause bronze don't know how to counter DTs(lol) neither does silver, and he had enough sense to save a scan for when he pushed incase I had DTs at base. (if I suspected highest lvl of smurfing I would of just went normal HT and colosi instead of the gimmicky DTs)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Aylinato said:
lol, yea I was thinking about the game after I played him last night, and I knew he had to be smurfing cause bronze don't know how to counter DTs(lol) neither does silver, and he had enough sense to save a scan for when he pushed incase I had DTs at base. (if I suspected highest lvl of smurfing I would of just went normal HT and colosi instead of the gimmicky DTs)

We don't save up scans in bronze.

We forget to use mules.

We don't save up scans.

We forget Mules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom