• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
YakiSOBA said:
Neogaf channel is too quiet, especially for a room with 20 people!

Is there a team liquid channel?

yeah it's teamliquid but it's full.

its 6pm, I am just about to finish work, of course the gaf channel is quiet :D

ACE 1991

Out of curiosity: How big is the SC2 scene in the US in terms of stuff like LAN tournaments and/or number of US players on battle.net?

zlatko

Banned
ACE 1991 said:
Out of curiosity: How big is the SC2 scene in the US in terms of stuff like LAN tournaments and/or number of US players on battle.net?

There is no LAN.

I'm not sure what the USA player count on battle.net is, but it has to be big as hell.

Tournaments wise I think it's safe to say that SC2 is the best paying eSport to take part in world wide. Someone can correct me on that if need be, and try to get more numbers, but if you were to go pro at a game then SC2 is the best monetary wise I know of to go with.

Deadman said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uyGZWBKWuk

MarineKing(fake boxer) vs Ret with commentary by artosis.
Was MarineKing taking a nap while playing or something ?

I like Ret and everything but not even once he did his the marine split he's famous for.

pretty much agree with this youtube post (I know, crazy !!)

i believe Artosis and everything.. but this really didn't seem like Marineking. I'm not just referring to the first baneling attack flank, but all game the micro of the terran did not look anything like Marineking.

syllogism

TheThunder said:
Was MarineKing taking a nap while playing or something ?

I like Ret and everything but not even once he did his the marine split he's famous for.

pretty much agree with this youtube post (I know, crazy !!)
I haven't watched the video yet, but 저승사자 is Prime clan practice account, so unless artosis knows for sure, it could be any prime player. Based on the winrate it has been mostly Marineking (and Check, as the account was initially mainly Z) playing though

IceMarker

a40euw.png

Sixth GAF night FTW!

Information Guru said:
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<Custom Maps>
<FFA>

Streams and Misc. Info
-MrMister's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live
-Corran Horn's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Cheeto's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sc2-gaf-night
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

GLHF!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I should really play atleast more than one game a week.

I'm so rusty.. I forget to rallypoint still lol.

Today, Today I will buckle down in my hotel room.. on the wifi's of which they tell me is free... but I hope it's free.. and not 14k

iam220

Does anyone have any info on the "Customizable Hotkey Support" thats been added with the patch? What is it and how do I use it?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
YakiSOBA said:
Question to platinum players:

How long did it take to go from 1v1 Platinum->Diamond?
Around 12-15 wins.

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Around 12-15 wins.

Really? Why is it so hard to go from say Bronze to Silver ? I have a lot more wins than losses and sit at 4th in my ladder at around 1300 points, but the guy in first is at 1900 some. I win most of my even match games, rarely if ever lose to anyone who isn't favored over me.

ultron87

YakiSOBA said:
Question to platinum players:

How long did it take to go from 1v1 Platinum->Diamond?

It entirely depends on how well you're doing.

If you move up into Platinum and keep on winning consistently, it theoretically won't take long. If you are only winning slightly more than you are losing it could take forever.

Not that I actually know, since I've been in Platinum for months and don't ladder that often.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zlatko said:
Really? Why is it so hard to go from say Bronze to Silver ? I have a lot more wins than losses and sit at 4th in my ladder at around 1300 points, but the guy in first is at 1900 some. I win most of my even match games, rarely if ever lose to anyone who isn't favored over me.
I really don't understand how the system works but when I started working myself from Bronze to Diamond, bronze to silver was super slow. Silver to gold was insanely fast and gold to platinum was slow.

Snow

The basic thing you need to remember about the matchmaking system to explain most of how the system roughly behaves is that instead of having just a skillrank that it puts you at, it has a combination of a rank and a confidence level in that rank's accuracy for every player internally. It only moves you up if you have both moved up your skillrank and if said rank is stable enough for the confidence level to be high. You can get a basic sense of your internal skillrank by looking at the level of your opponents. To get a sense if the confidence level is high you need to look at your game history and if you have had a roughly 50% win rate against similar level players for a while.

syllogism

Nestea:
Q. How do you feel about the 1.2.0 patch as a Zerg?
A. It's depressing. There is a strategy I'm worried about, and if the Protoss uses that strategy, it will be a worse pressure than facing a Terran player
Hmm

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
when i started i went from silver to diamond in about 40 games, like snow said its all about getting the system thinking you're improperly placed.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Not sure if I can make gaf stuff next few days...just moved and pc is somehow overheating

I just moved so I took my pc in the car with me and prevented as much movement possible. But when I start it turns off after a few minutes. Starting up the pc after sometimes gives me 8 beeps and also I noticed the cpu meter widget i have shows its running really high. The red led light saying proc hot is on.

So...my processor is running hot...but what would have caused that from the move? All cables are in tact and the fans are working, including the cpu and graphic card fans. What should be my next step?

Also running bios my hardware monitoring says:
Processor thermal margin: 0c
Internal temp: 36c
Remote temp: 30c
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25380439&postcount=1242

(._.)

Banned
I have a question

How do I stop like somebody who does early roaches and doesn't expand early (1 base Zerg)?

Should I not do my crappy 4gate when I scout it because I notice they are able to usually beat me if I do this. I win every game I play when I do 4Gate if a Zerg doesn't rush me during the first seven minutes or so.

If I scout an early warren what should I do?

(._.) said:
I have a question

How do I stop like somebody who does early roaches and doesn't expand early (1 base Zerg)?

Should I not do my crappy 4gate when I scout it because I notice they are able to usually beat me if I do this. I win every game I play when I do 4Gate if a Zerg doesn't rush me during the first seven minutes or so.

one or two early void rays and then proceed to lol at him

what I really meant to say was forcefields. get lots of sentries. but do keep the loling.
dirty toss :p

Yoshichan

Just won by spamming phoenix (got like 10 of them in less than a minute, or at least it felt like that). Harassed the living shit out of his scvs while constantly gaining minerals for me to spam warpgates + 10000 zealots.

gg.

Wow.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
(._.) said:
I have a question

when you scout it, build sentries.
when it shows up, forcefield your ramp.
then just lol and warp in a massive army made up of stronger units that are cost effective and will result in a higher supply count and can be powered off of your superior economy.

Keikaku

(._.) said:
I have a question

I usually switch to a robo build with a forge and cannon+sentry defend. It works quite well and allows me to build imms and just go kill him.

Yoshichan said:
Just won by spamming phoenix (got like 10 of them in less than a minute, or at least it felt like that). Harassed the living shit out of his scvs while constantly gaining minerals for me to spam warpgates + 10000 zealots.

gg.

Wow.

You would either need 5 stargates or 3-4 with chronoboost to get 10 phoenix in about 1 minute. Also, how the hell did your opponent not build marines and kill your phoenix. He didn't scan and detect stargates?

Vaporak

(._.) said:
I have a question

Assuming this is a 7RR or similar, spend your chrono on warpgate units, not the warpgate upgrade. The classic 4gate rush that only really starts unit production after getting warpgates is too slow and will die to a 7RR. You just gotta chrono out as many units as you can while adding gateways as able. I personally don't like getting more than 1 sentry because you gotta account for them using an overlord to spot the highground and attacking your walloff.

LakeEarth

momolicious said:
Is the game really worth 60 dollars if you dont play it for more than 2 months? I also don't get why this is one of the first few PC games that are over 50 dollars.
We've spent $60 on single player games that last 5-10 hours.

And people who stopped playing probably just played it for the single player, and have the 1v1 fear... like me...

jasonng

Honestly, if you don't plan on playing longer than two months this may not be for you. Two months for one game is a great price for such a longevity, very little games last that long let alone a RTS.

I can assure you if you play with GAF you can easily play this for a very long time.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Getting 2 months out of it for SP and some Custom maps is good enough for a lot of people.
Play the occasional get together or something.

Heck I played a single WC III ladder game, and stuck to hero wars and tower defense/wars for like 2 years :lol

Yoshichan

So today I came to think of how awesome it would be if spinecrawlers actually gave light up the ramp.

edit: can I like, fly with an overlord where the spinecrawlers are and lure out enemy units?

VASPER

Banned
All I am here to say is that i love SC2 and can't stop playing this game and is well worth the $160 i forked over for this game. Oh and i always like competition so if anyone is down for some 2v2 or 1v1 i need practice.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
momolicious said:
Is the game really worth 60 dollars if you dont play it for more than 2 months?
i dont understand the question...
is this like one of those hypothetical universe questions?

Yoshichan

mescalineeyes said:
God I love this game so much. I can't believe I'm only playing this 6 hours a day and not 24 hours a day...
momolicious said:
Is the game really worth 60 dollars if you dont play it for more than 2 months? I also don't get why this is one of the first few PC games that are over 50 dollars.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Keikaku said:
You would either need 5 stargates or 3-4 with chronoboost to get 10 phoenix in about 1 minute. Also, how the hell did your opponent not build marines and kill your phoenix. He didn't scan and detect stargates?
if you have enough phoenixes, you can deal with marines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom