• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
BigAT said:
What exactly does this "moe" nonsense mean anyway? My character in No More Heroes 2 was screaming it over and over again and I don't have a clue why.
Coined in Japan around the year 2000, "Moe" (萌え) is an ill-defined otaku term that means, amongst others, "cute," "huggable," "endearing." While it's sometimes used to describe a series, it's more about a specific kind of character. Can also incorporate sexiness, to some. To others it invokes a Big Brother Instinct.

Or to put it another way, Moe is the ability of a character to instill in the audience an irrational desire to hug them, protect them, comfort them, help them with whatever they need/want, etc.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Moe

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Moe?
2360114569_4fb8ce81bb.jpg

Meeru

Banned
Yo anyone tried the 1v1 obs custom game made maps? Very cool, we should use those for gaf nights. Much faster and easier than exiting the match, hosting, etc. We can even place bets !

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Slavik81 said:
I'm trying to beat that on Brutal. It's tough!

Or...
Build DT's and form a giant line of them across the main part of your base and tell them to hold position, then use Phoenixes to snipe the Overseers.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
First try. Just massed VR and phoenix. So easy. Toss in a few carriers. Cannons walls on all sides.

I guess mass sentry phoenix immortal would work well enough. Just spam FF forever.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Pandaman said:
nah man, that shits weird.

You're just against the democratization of celebrities and music culture! I bet you prefer more fascist musicians, like Hikaru Utada!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ZealousD said:
You're just against the democratization of celebrities and music culture! I bet you prefer more fascist musicians, like Hikaru Utada!
i dont have the memory needed to be musically literate.

52club

I'm still slogging my way through the Bronze division, yesterday my score jumped 400pts. Is that a result of others getting promoted?

Cheeto

valenti said:
Yo anyone tried the 1v1 obs custom game made maps? Very cool, we should use those for gaf nights. Much faster and easier than exiting the match, hosting, etc. We can even place bets !
Yes! I'm for this, these maps are amazing.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
hmm I was under the impression that there was an "extreme shaders" option, I can't find it in the options. Did they remove it or something?

52club said:
I'm still slogging my way through the Bronze division, yesterday my score jumped 400pts. Is that a result of others getting promoted?

No. Your score jumped cause you won games. Sometimes you rank can jump if others in your division get promoted

Meeru

Banned
Corky said:
hmm I was under the impression that there was an "extreme shaders" option, I can't find it in the options. Did they remove it or something?
Its the most bottom right option, indirect shading or something

Need some tech help. WoW players like to turn down the Shadows quality because it improves performance the most without sacrificing much visual quality...and I need a suggestion for something similar in SCII.

I play with all video settings maxed out, but during intense battles my framerate crawls down to 15 FPS. What do you guys suggest lowering first?

ultron87

Aylinato said:
so, that obs game is fun mostly cause we can bet on who wins

I just wish it had a production tab still

Can you at least click on buildings to see what they are making?

I must admit that the idea of a GAF Night betting meta-game sounds incredibly entertaining.

Aylinato

ultron87 said:
Can you at least click on buildings to see what they are making?

I must admit that the idea of a GAF Night betting meta-game sounds incredibly entertaining.

you can see what they r building, but it is hard as fuck to keep track up upgrades(which i love to see as i love seeing what advantages people have)

Meeru

Banned
The smart camera indicates when they are upgrading or building something, which is cool. But yes a production tab would be nice.

Aylinato

valenti said:
The smart camera indicates when they are upgrading or building something, which is cool. But yes a production tab would be nice.

yes, the smart camera is really good for lazy people such as myself =P

Cheeto said:
His ZvZ is pretty unique and super-effective, I wouldn't pass it up.

I am (over) confident in my ZvZ, I feel it's a very transparent match-up, but yeah, I am planning on making this a re-occuring thing anyway as long as he is cool with it so I am sure ZvZ will be on the agenda at some point, but it's simply not the matchup I am struggling with the most.

fatty

valenti said:

Going to need to look into that. Besides playing a couple of games of Nexus Wars, haven't really taken the opportunity to see some of the custom stuff that has been made.

I really wish they'd make it like Brood War where multiple people could view the same replay together, that way you and a friend(s) can analyze how well you did after a game.

Also, anyone normally use the Nony 2-Stargate for fast Phoenixes build? Wondering how much better it is since the Phoenixes have a shorter build time. I need to hunt down some replays of it.

BruceLeeRoy said:
guys as terran how the f do I beat early banelings?

Scout early. If zerg goes 1 gas and the spawning pool isn't wiggling, it means he's not teching ling speed and is saving gas for roaches or banelings. Either way if you go marauders you're good. Just don't go pure marauders or lings will own them.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
BruceLeeRoy said:
guys as terran how the f do I beat early banelings?
Reinforce your wallin with Bunkers + Marauders, it's pretty obvious if a Zerg is going for an early baneling bust.

I can normally scout it but if he is good he will constantly harass me with Zerglings until he can get a good amount of Banelings to come in and finish the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom