• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilbog21

Banned
nice, but isn't it really easy to get demoted if its only top 2%?

im prob gona get demoted here soon since school is about to start :/

ezrarh

nilbog21 said:
nice, but isn't it really easy to get demoted if its only top 2%?

im prob gona get demoted here since school is about to start :/

yea probably. I can just play until I'm out of bonus points and get a few games in a day to maintain I suppose.

edit: but I guess that isn't really "quiting" ladder

Deadman

TheThunder said:
Nestea was better than Idra at the time (and still is) so he was calling himself terrible.

The reason he didnt like him back then is because he cheesed him constantly on the ladder, which was his only experience of his play. Plus his run to the final was easy and foxer failed completely in it.

Since then hes gotten better and is a very strong player. I wouldnt say its certain hes better than idra now. I think its highly likely that if you gave him idras groups in gsl4 and vice versa he would be out and idra would still be in.

BigAT said:
Can you actually get demoted from inactivity? I thought it was purely from losses.

Wouldn't the masters league be different? You have to keep yourself in the top 2%. It would be possible for others to overtake you if you're not playing.

I haven't heard about it but thats what i would assume.

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
you seem to be rubbing your opinion on him.

With all due respect, he is TheThunder. The only thing I can recall about him is that he hates Idra. That is not really an achievement by itself.

I not played for awhile so I decided to ruin my ladder ranking doing the funday monday, super balls of steal style.

14 nexus on THEIR natural =)

I am 1-9 so far. Them 9 losses were in a row. Maybe I should just play proper and expand later.......
I don't really care about loosing =)

Well I doubt anyone possess the skill to pull it off vs a good player. I am expecting to see alot of games where people fast expand to the opposite base on shakuras or fast expanding to the gold on scrap station. The actual rule for this weeks funday is "don't expand to your own natural at all"

You are not going to see any awesome games of me doing it. However with the way I have been playing, there is a chance I might appear in one.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I like to listen to Meeru play HoN (Im assuming it was that).

CLICK CLICK CLICK no do this CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

lol

Meeru

Banned
Corran Horn said:
I like to listen to Meeru play HoN (Im assuming it was that).

CLICK CLICK CLICK no do this CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

lol
Haha, didn't realize I was speaking into mumble xD can't wait for blizzard dota ~_~

(._.)

Banned
Is GAF night open to anybody who wants to play? I may try to make the next one if it is. I need to start playing more. Lately I have only been playing custom games against my friend. I want to ladder to gold sometime this year ~_~

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
(._.) said:
Is GAF night open to anybody who wants to play? I may try to make the next one if it is. I need to start playing more. Lately I have only been playing custom games against my friend. I want to ladder to gold sometime this year ~_~
Just be online and in the Neogaf channel. At times the games are full though, but stream is available to watch.

Keikaku

Bumped back down to Silver after switching to Terran as my main. I do seem to be noticing all the slip-ups in my macro game more now though. Just gotta batten down and get better!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Got a US account this morning and it's quite fun doing my placements matches, not sure how someone could put the time into playing almost 1200 matches and still be stuck in Bronze. Watching this replay 15mins in and I have 74 workers to his 16...

Cheeto

Ikuu said:
Got a US account this morning and it's quite fun doing my placements matches, not sure how someone could put the time into playing almost 1200 matches and still be stuck in Bronze.
Are you devil?

Ikuu

Nope, he got his account this morning I believe. I was thinking of using this account to learn Terran/Toss, but I'll probably just play Zerg.

Ikuu said:
Got a US account this morning and it's quite fun doing my placements matches, not sure how someone could put the time into playing almost 1200 matches and still be stuck in Bronze. Watching this replay 15mins in and I have 74 workers to his 16...

have you never watched Rumbe in the Bronze, dude? :D

Ikuu

:p

For anyone wondering you can add a different region of SC2 to your Battle.net account and it works fine. You also just need to copy your installation and run the Relocalizer program.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The G.AM.E. Neogaf soundtracks are really good for laddering.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I played a placement match for my friend and just 4 gated a Zerg to show him how easy Protoss is. It was against a 3000 point Bronze player.

Then the last placement match was against a 2500 Plat. What the hell Blizzard?
I won by going 3 gate FE into blink stalker harass into 6 bases vs a turtling Terran.

The scary part is that I almost lost vs the first push since he had tanks and ghosts with his MMM while my other 2 base were picking up. Luckily my 8 VoidRays chrono'd from 4 stargates cleaned up his partly marine counter, then obliterated his marauders and 2 BC's.

He left before my 4 carriers arrived :[
Also 50 minerals and 2000 gas is just fucking weird. Should have massed sentries late game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hazaro said:
I played a placement match for my friend and just 4 gated a Zerg to show him how easy Protoss is. It was against a 3000 point Bronze player.
this raises an interesting question:
is a 3,000 bronze player considered a 'good' bronze by virtue of his points, or is he considered a 'bad' bronze by virtue of the fact he's played so many games and is still bronze?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
this raises an interesting question:
is a 3,000 bronze player considered a 'good' bronze by virtue of his points, or is he considered a 'bad' bronze by virtue of the fact he's played so many games and is still bronze?
Oh, he played very actually. He took initiative on breaking my rocks (Which I saw and trapped 16 lings with FF and zealots), hiding lings, scouting, and preparing for my later 7 gate timing with 3 spines. Problem is of course he didn't have a third and I had cannons and blink stalkers to fend off his mutas. Marched up the ramp and won, once I had enough to cost effectively defend muta harass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom