• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadman

Wow idra is basically gonna start doing his own day9 daily. Stream 2 hours per day at a set time and then analysing the games he thinks were interesting. Plus recordings of it for people who cant watch at that time.

And then the interview ends mid-sentence lol

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
So, I've been practicing 4 Gate rushes against the computer to see how fast I can pull things off. So far, the fastest I'm able to get the four gates up and running is around 5:40~ish, with a push coming a minute or so after that. What sort of numbers should I be shooting for in terms of getting 4 gates up, and doing my push? I've been watching some of Day9's videos, and he's been able to get 4 gates up in as quick as 5 minutes, but I have yet to pull mine off anywhere near that fast. Is 5 minutes what I should be shooting for, or is 5:30-6 minutes acceptable in most cases (keep in mind I'll be trying this in Bronze league, and taking it from there)?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Deadly said:
Is Zerg doing that bad or is Idra just hyperboling?
Terrans are doing very well atm like in the past. And Protoss in the right hands is a strong race. I could see a few zergs get into the round of 16 but who knows. These up and down matches will be interesting.

Corran Horn

Mr Nash said:
So, I've been practicing 4 Gate rushes against the computer to see how fast I can pull things off. So far, the fastest I'm able to get the four gates up and running is around 5:40~ish, with a push coming a minute or so after that. What sort of numbers should I be shooting for in terms of getting 4 gates up, and doing my push? I've been watching some of Day9's videos, and he's been able to get 4 gates up in as quick as 5 minutes, but I have yet to pull mine off anywhere near that fast. Is 5 minutes what I should be shooting for, or is 5:30-6 minutes acceptable in most cases (keep in mind I'll be trying this in Bronze league, and taking it from there)?
I dont have any times in my head...but just play and figure it out for yourself against players, its the best way to learn timings. Usually my timing is after all 4 gates are up, get a forward pylon and once thats done, fight.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Mr Nash said:
do it s fast as you can without making sacrifices towards your security or the attacks running strength. a 5:30 warpgate rush will be more than sufficient for bronze league and as you having running real world experience with the build, you will naturally improve on that time as you progress up the ladder.

now go snap some nerd necks.

Corran Horn

Hazaro said:
Wait really?

Shit, time to stream Korean tourneys then. Had like 1,050 viewers for 6 hours.
blip does not equal stream.

Blip.tv is just like youtube but it allows me to upload videos longer than 15minutes :/
Justin.tv doesnt give me any money. At least not on my free account.

Corran Horn

6UkqR.jpg

Yay 3rd base...maybe.

Gonna make terrans stronger

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so... if thats supposed to be a third, how is a zerg supposed to reinforce it if there are tanks on the cliff expand?

Corran Horn

Terran takes the middle expo and can easily defend the gold with tanks.

Tanks on cliff just outranges the gold expo but would be trouble still having it that close.

Aylinato

For warpgate it's 5 stalkers and 5 zealots, if doing against FE Zerg you might want a sentry to block ramp from reinforcements/cutting reinforcements. Against Terran the sentries FFs behind the supply depot to make the marines/marauders out of range from the stalker who proceed to destroy said supply depot to allow zealots to not get owned

Corran Horn

From Neogaf Tourny:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418455
Click here for the Round of 16 Post of VODs and Replays

tourny.png

Round of 8 and Round of 4

Blip.tv: http://corran.blip.tv/
Justin.tv Videos: http://www.justin.tv/corran666/videos
Justin.tv Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
Neogaf Replays: http://www.askcorran.com/replays/
-Have replays that are not here and want them to be? Just send them my way and I will upload.

Round of 8
Vautrin(R) v Panda(Z) - R8 - SC2 NeoGAF Invitational Tournament
vautrinr8.jpg

Blip.tv - Justin.tv
Replays:
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

Slavik(P) v Splinter(Z) - R8 - SC2 NeoGAF Invitational Tournament
slavikr8.jpg

Blip.tv - Justin.tv Part 1 - Justin.tv Part 2
Replays:
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

Ultron(P) v Hazard(T) - R8 - SC2 NeoGAF Invitational Tournament
ultronr8.jpg

Blip.tv - Justin.tv
Replays:
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

Round of 4
Panda(Z) v Slavik(P) - Round of 4 - SC2 NeoGAF Invitational Tournament
pandar4.jpg

Blip.tv - Justin.tv
Replays:
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

Ultron(P) v Jasonng(T) - Round of 4 - SC2 NeoGAF Invitational Tournament
ultronr4.jpg

Blip.tv - Justin.tv
Replays:
Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

Full Stream

Starcraft 2 NeoGAF Invitational Tournament - Round of 8 and 4 - Part 1
r8r41.jpg

Blip.tv - Justin.tv

Starcraft 2 NeoGAF Invitational Tournament - Round of 8 and 4 - Part 2
r8r42.jpg

Blip.tv - Justin.tv

Notes:
-To remain spoiler free, games that ended after the 2nd game, I put a placeholder replay file as Game 3.
-Let me know of any errors or bad links

Deadman said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRheYNwLWk4

Idra interviewed by artosis about gsl.
That was really interesting, I always enjoy Idra's interviews. He's really articulate and always speaks his mind. It also seems like he's starting to appreciate other players more than he used to ("everyone sucks") like he's saying that Nestea is very good etc. I also share his predictions on MVP taking the whole thing. He'd deserve it too, great player.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
sc2rep?
close to the edge said:
That was really interesting, I always enjoy Idra's interviews. He's really articulate and always speaks his mind. It also seems like he's starting to appreciate other players more than he used to ("everyone sucks") like he's saying that Nestea is very good etc. I also share his predictions on MVP taking the whole thing. He'd deserve it too, great player.
He said everyone sucked before because everyone did suck.
Now people are actually proving their worth. He's always admired NaDa, Flash, Jaedong, etc. so it is not really a surprise.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Well, I've been futzing around with 4 Gating, and been having mixed results. I seem to be coming up against opponents who just assume that Toss players are going to do that, and plan accordingly. :p Actually, I've been having a lot more success a 3 Gate / Robo build, while implementing some of the elements of the 4 gate (ie. spending a decent amount of time chronoboosting out probes), while occasionally popping out a handful of void rays to harass the other player. At least it seems I'm starting to balance out my wins to losses a bit now, so I guess that's a step in the right direction.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Mr Nash said:
Well, I've been futzing around with 4 Gating, and been having mixed results. I seem to be coming up against opponents who just assume that Toss players are going to do that, and plan accordingly. :p Actually, I've been having a lot more success a 3 Gate / Robo build, while implementing some of the elements of the 4 gate (ie. spending a decent amount of time chronoboosting out probes), while occasionally popping out a handful of void rays to harass the other player. At least it seems I'm starting to balance out my wins to losses a bit now, so I guess that's a step in the right direction.
Or you could be good and 1 gate FE like a boss.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Hazaro said:
Or you could be good and 1 gate FE like a boss.

The speed I expand at is something I really need to work on. I still have a tendency to worry too much about putting up a second nexus just in time for it to get hit by a marine or roach rush. I'm starting to push out faster than when I first started playing, but it's still pretty slow I reckon. =(

Deadman

We recently completed the following updates to the ladder pool:

• Blistering Sands, Lost Temple, Steppes of War, and Xel’Naga Caverns have been re-published to address an issue with foliage that would die and become visible through fog of war when a player spawned as zerg.

• Shakuras Plateau has been re-published and added back into the ladder rotation. The newly published map resolves a separate issue that caused 2x2 buildings placed near some destructible rocks to become both invisible and un-selectable.

• Jungle Basin will be removed from the ladder pool in the coming weeks for balance evaluation. It will remain unavailable for ranked play until further notice.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1921986592

Change jungle basin, announce you are removing it 24 hours later?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Mr Nash said:
The speed I expand at is something I really need to work on. I still have a tendency to worry too much about putting up a second nexus just in time for it to get hit by a marine or roach rush. I'm starting to push out faster than when I first started playing, but it's still pretty slow I reckon. =(
Move out with your first zealot and stalker then.

If that feels too risky, then go for a 3 gate expand. Just keep poking with your first units. Nothing can catch you off guard that early.
Deadman said:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1921986592

Change jungle basin, announce you are removing it 24 hours later?
75% TvZ wasn't enough so they made it even more. I guess that got too far out of hand.

Hazaro said:
sc2rep?

He said everyone sucked before because everyone did suck.
Now people are actually proving their worth. He's always admired NaDa, Flash, Jaedong, etc. so it is not really a surprise.
Well, yeah, but for instance Nestea, I remember him calling Nestea bad (or at least not very good or something like that) and now he thinks he's very good.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
close to the edge said:
Well, yeah, but for instance Nestea, I remember him calling Nestea bad (or at least not very good or something like that) and now he thinks he's very good.

EG might have reined him in a little bit. EG.Marn, formerly a very loud mouthed fighter player, has not talked nearly as much shit recently, which coincides with his joining EG.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Procarbine said:
EG might have reined him in a little bit. EG.Marn, formerly a very loud mouthed fighter player, has not talked nearly as much shit recently, which coincides with his joining EG.
i seem to remember dj.wheat saying EG didn't think Idra's rageouts were that big a deal compared to him being [by far] their most successful sc2 player.

if he started acting racist or something crazy, im sure eg would step in, but him being emotionally invested in succeeding at his job probably isnt a huge deal to EG.

close to the edge said:
It's Idra, eating his own words comes with the territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom