• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ultron87 said:
Really good. Unupgraded banelings do 20 damage to non-light units. Marauders have 125 health.
there is ofcourse the so many banelings principle where marauders are sufficiently clumped and you have SO MANY BANELINGS that you just dont give a fuck.

anyway, today i learned that beating vautrin isnt a fluke.... as long as he spawns terran.

ultron87

Pandaman said:
there is ofcourse the so many banelings principle where marauders are sufficiently clumped and you have SO MANY BANELINGS that you just dont give a fuck.

So can we call that the "Panda build"?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ultron87 said:
So can we call that the "Panda build"?
1. scout mech
2. go banelings anyway
3. ????
4. panda wins again.

g9Jk8.jpg

The Lamonster said:
Need some tech help. WoW players like to turn down the Shadows quality because it improves performance the most without sacrificing much visual quality...and I need a suggestion for something similar in SCII.

I play with all video settings maxed out, but during intense battles my framerate crawls down to 15 FPS. What do you guys suggest lowering first?
Anyone?

BruceLeeRoy said:
I stopped walling up cause that Husky dumbass had me convinced it was a bad idea but I am going back to making sure my entrance is secure.

Husky is a very sweet and entertaining guy, but do not take advice from him :)
If you need any sort of coaching to get you over the first few humps, don't be a stranger.

EU or US?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
BruceLeeRoy said:
I stopped walling up cause that Husky dumbass had me convinced it was a bad idea but I am going back to making sure my entrance is secure.
There is no reason not to wall off as Terran.

BruceLeeRoy said:
I can normally scout it but if he is good he will constantly harass me with Zerglings until he can get a good amount of Banelings to come in and finish the job.

yeah you should wall in. I can't imagine how Terran is supposed defend against lings running all around the base during the first 5 minutes.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The Lamonster said:

Shadows are the biggest factors, you probably wouldn't notice physics either so turn that down to low or off. I use low quality models since I don't care to see extended death animations and you can't really tell during battles anyway. Ambient lighting and all jazz is a killer as well.

Honestly, just play around with the settings and see what you can/cannot live without.

Cheeto

BruceLeeRoy said:
It can be a bad idea against Protoss and Terran, but really there is no reason not to wall off against zerg... its actually pretty essential

LakeEarth

YakiSOBA said:
How good are marauders at soaking baneling damage?
They are great, problem is they suck at killing Zerglings. So if your banelings come in and kill all your marines and leave you half-health mauraders, you're in trouble. This is why a lot of high level TvZ games go heavy marine. Sure banelings are going to rock them, but if they still have 20% of your marines left your zerglings can't touch them.

Pankaks said:
Shadows are the biggest factors, you probably wouldn't notice physics either so turn that down to low or off. I use low quality models since I don't care to see extended death animations and you can't really tell during battles anyway. Ambient lighting and all jazz is a killer as well.

Honestly, just play around with the settings and see what you can/cannot live without.
Thanks for the response. I just had the idea to mess with the settings during a replay so I'm not all rushed trying to do it in the middle of gameplay...

Yeah I love Husky but more for entertainment value.
Thanks for the feedback guys looks like a I am back to walling in.

Mescaline I would love to play with you:
US server: Bruceleeroy

ultron87

LakeEarth said:
They are great, problem is they suck at killing Zerglings. So if your banelings come in and kill all your marines and leave you half-health mauraders, you're in trouble. This is why a lot of high level TvZ games go heavy marine. Sure banelings are going to rock them, but if they still have 20% of your marines left your zerglings can't touch them.

And at some point those marines will be backed up siege tanks, which do rather well against banelings.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
BruceLeeRoy said:
Against zerg, always wall off, sometimes against other races it won't matter. Don't listen to husky for advice since he wants stooooorms.

Gaf yall lucky, my school schedule works with gaf nights and tournament. But as return for stream you must help me with my 30 page history paper!

BruceLeeRoy said:
Yeah I love Husky but more for entertainment value.
Thanks for the feedback guys looks like a I am back to walling in.

Mescaline I would love to play with you:
US server: Bruceleeroy

you forgot to put your character ID :)
Hover over your portrait in the upper right and it will show up as a tool tip.

I sent you a PM with my details.

ultron87

Corran Horn said:
Against zerg, always wall off, sometimes against other races it won't matter. Don't listen to husky for advice since he wants stooooorms.

Gaf yall lucky, my school schedule works with gaf nights and tournament. But as return for stream you must help me with my 30 page history paper!

Well you have to at least tell us the topic of the paper. I'm sure our collective knowledge is worth more than any simple library book.

FoxSpirit

The Lamonster said:
Thanks for the response. I just had the idea to mess with the settings during a replay so I'm not all rushed trying to do it in the middle of gameplay...

Use medium settings for shaders and bump everything else to max (which is limited by medium shaders, btw). Looks great and runs very, very well.
Also produces the best look for me, detailed yet with the best readbility imo.

Corran Horn

ultron87 said:
Well you have to at least tell us the topic of the paper. I'm sure our collective knowledge is worth more than any simple library book.
Its one of my many senior history papers. Basically on topic I choose of US history. I did one earlier on the 1919 whitesox and another on scientific management. :eek:

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I hate ZvZ so much, trying the Roach timing attack that Machine showed and I always mess it up. Now I'm just macroing up to 200 with Roaches and some Hydras and then hoping my opponent either has terrible macro or hasn't got many upgrades.

Ikuu said:
I hate ZvZ so much, trying the Roach timing attack that Machine showed and I always mess it up. Now I'm just macroing up to 200 with Roaches and some Hydras and then hoping my opponent either has terrible macro or hasn't got many upgrades.

need help working out the kinks?

mr stroke

can anyone point me to some good noob videos/strategies to watch/read?

been stuck in bronze for the last 5 months and can't get out for the life of me :(

Corran Horn

a40euw.png

NeoGaf Night VODs & Replays of 1-19-11
-Sorry post is a bit late, wanted to get tournament videos up and running first then been busy with school stuff now.
-Part 2 and all of Part 3 contain a extremely long FFA which I dont know why I still obs'ed!

+Streams
http://www.justin.tv/corran666
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live

+VODs
Corran's Blip.tv site (all GAF night videos located here, as well as some other videos of my stream)
http://corran.blip.tv/

Part 1
http://corran.blip.tv/file/4672917/
http://www.justin.tv/corran666/b/278130229

Part 2
http://corran.blip.tv/file/4678347/
http://www.justin.tv/corran666/b/278130292

Part 3
http://corran.blip.tv/file/4676587/
http://www.justin.tv/corran666/b/278130342

+Replays:
Splinter v MrMister

ezrarh v Panda

Bind v Scogoth

Cheeto v Jasonng

MrMister v Ezrarh

Terp v Grind

Splinter v Panda

ultron v Terp

Corran Phoenix v Scogoth Splinter - 2v2

Aylinato Procarbine v Outlaw Panda - 2v2

4 v 4

FFA that lasts for over 2 hours

Spl1nter

Pandaman said:
thank you milabrega for providing the source material. :p

1zgzsdi.gif

perfect. The fact that it was a single ling and there was no aa around makes it even better. Oh and the single ling got 2 probes.

lol

Corran Horn

I love PvZ games when you know you will win. Checking around and see zerg only has same amount as bases as myself (4) and I have put no pressure at all the whole game. I could push and win the game but I get myself 3-3-3 upgrades and a shitton of colossus with blink stalkers :D

On the bright side I always get to see Brood Lords and rape them with blink stalkers :D

Q8D3vil

Corran Horn said:
I love PvZ games when you know you will win. Checking around and see zerg only has same amount as bases as myself (4) and I have put no pressure at all the whole game. I could push and win the game but I get myself 3-3-3 upgrades and a shitton of colossus with blink stalkers :D

On the bright side I always get to see Brood Lords and rape them with blink stalkers :D
must be a shitty zerg if he didn't take all the bases by that time >_>

Corran Horn

Q8D3vil said:
must me a shitty zerg if he didn't take all the bases by that time >_>
Shrug I would imagine. He attacked into small areas against my colossus. He almost was able to do serious damage against me with a early roach push. I notice these zergs are always 2500-3000 though with like 500+ games under their belt.

Q8D3vil

Corran Horn said:
Shrug I would imagine. He attacked into small areas against my colossus. He almost was able to do serious damage against me with a early roach push. I notice these zergs are always 2500-3000 though with like 500+ games under their belt.
i've been playing zergs all day yesterday on us server to the point i begun asking them if all diamond players are zerg.
anyway, bunker rushing ftw.

Corran Horn

Q8D3vil said:
i've been playing zergs all day yesterday on us server to the point i begun asking them if all diamond players are zerg.
anyway, bunker rushing ftw.
haha

I been trying to get fast expands to work but get owned every time via timing pushes :/
I dont want to always 4 gate or 3gate robo :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Corran Horn said:
haha

I been trying to get fast expands to work but get owned every time via timing pushes :/
I dont want to always 4 gate or 3gate robo :(
Forge dickery.

It's like early expanding but zerg doesn't get a base up!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
glad we're getting so many euer jumping into the na servers.

it'll be nice to have a full and proper international gaf tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom