• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

If I would buy a new account, it would be a korean one. Better get roflstomped by bronze koreans than to dominate the shitty US player base. ;)

Aylinato

so why aren't zerg players utilizing the fact they can hide banelings around the map to prevent (mostly terran) from having map control?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Would be nice if Battle.net would give a countdown before they take the servers down for maintenance, and it's nice how I got the loss rather than my opponent.

Q8D3vil

Aylinato said:
so why aren't zerg players utilizing the fact they can hide banelings around the map to prevent (mostly terran) from having map control?
you need to do it manually, require good multitasking.

Aylinato

panda, splinter

i have challenge

use banelings(with burrow) to destroy a future expo's probes(hiding two or more in the mineral line)

Ikuu

I don't think it would be that hard, I don't think any Terran scans an expo before they take it. Been meaning to try it for a few days, then again most Terrans are happy to just 2base anyway.

jasonng

Pandaman said:
6:0 on unofficial gaf night koth, booyah. coming for ya jason.
Panda.png

Aylinato said:
panda, splinter

i have challenge

use banelings(with burrow) to destroy a future expo's probes(hiding two or more in the mineral line)

no terran with any sort of self-respect builds an expo at the actual expo site. it's a floating thing.

V_Arnold

Aylinato said:

Mostly conflict of interests there. As a fight goes on, most zergs would love to have creep around the map. You do that by expanding creep with tumors. Which are invisible. Which need detection to destroy. So the space where a Zerg can hide banelings get thinner and thinner every minute - and if the Terran does not exactly hide with his main army in his exp, then your area of effectively hiding banelings is very, very little.

Of course mixing this up in theory is very good with the proper control. I won against mescaline with blowing up half of his stalker army with burrowed banelings - will never forget that one :D And did a lot of other similar stuff in ladder which got Nestea called a genius, lol. His execution is better of course, but still, the idea is there for every zerg.

But my point is that Zerg cant overuse it, because then one observer/raven will be there with every army movements, and that is about it for creep and burrow play both.

EDIT: Against terran, forcing expensive detection like Raven is good, if it did not have HMS also, which is killer against a lot of things. :p

Aylinato

mescalineeyes said:
no terran with any sort of self-respect builds an expo at the actual expo site. it's a floating thing.

no, not the expo itself, the workers man! the workers!

also, you can do this idea i've had in my head for awhile, get the overlord speed, and drop ability(late game obviously) and click generate creep, take an overlord and a queen and start creepin the map up

Haunted

Watching huk's stream, I just realised how he's in the Top 10-20 of the Korean ladder.

He just 5-0'd Idra. First game straight up huk win, second game Idra sees a cannon rush and leaves before anything happens, third to fifth game, Idra just leaves after one second. >_>

V_Arnold

Haunted said:
Watching huk's stream, I just realised how he's in the Top 10-20 of the Korean ladder.

He just 5-0'd Idra. First game straight up huk win, second game Idra sees a cannon rush and leaves before anything happens, third to fifth game, Idra just leaves after one second. >_>

Wow. Idra analyzed his chances instantly? :DDD

Aylinato

Haunted said:

lol, i always laughed when idra got to face HuK after hours of HuK playing in tourneys only to ROFLstomp him because he was warn out by that point, now it seems HuK has been rested and roflstomp idra on even footing(im a HuK fan)

Deadman

Huk usually cheeses idra, so him leaving instantly when he gets him is a normal thing.

In 2 months when huk gets himself to code s they will no doubt meet. Idra will win.

Aylinato

Deadman said:
Huk usually cheeses idra, so him leaving instantly when he gets him is a normal thing.

In 2 months when huk gets himself to code s they will no doubt meet. Idra will win.

pfft, idra uses the same strat every time, HuK uses different strats all the time, and has to face Idra whenever he has beaten so many other opponents, as I've never seen them play on even footing outside of the ladder games

LakeEarth

Aylinato said:
pfft, idra uses the same strat every time, HuK uses different strats all the time, and has to face Idra whenever he has beaten so many other opponents, as I've never seen them play on even footing outside of the ladder games
Exactly. Idra bitches when people cheese him BECAUSE HE'S WEAK TO CHEESE! Of course I mean 'weak' relative to his incredible macro game. HuK is smart for avoiding the macro game and exploiting this.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Aylinato said:
panda, splinter

i have challenge

I do that already. If you have banelings and burrowed researched, and you get into an economic game, it's the best way to slow expansions. Hell, if they have a PT's and Thor's, it's practically the only way

V_Arnold

Aylinato said:

You sir look like you do not really watch Idra games / know much about Zerg's "variety".

twofold

Aylinato said:

Please tell me about the great variety of openings/unit compositions available to Zerg players. I'd love to hear about them.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Aylinato said:
lol Toss

If a smart Toss player knows how to exploit opening weaknesses the Zerg will be behind every single game.

Cheeto

twofold said:
Please tell me about the great variety of openings/unit compositions available to Zerg players. I'd love to hear about them.
Ever see Destiny go 1-base roach-infestor to hold off everything and anything?

Cheeto

V_Arnold said:
...and you are saying what with this?
That there are options that aren't usually explored by people that say there aren't options.

mescalineeyes said:
isn't that mainly his zvz though?
I've seen him use it in every matchup. Definitely seems most effective in ZvZ though...

V_Arnold

Cheeto said:
That there are options that aren't usually explored by people that say there aren't options.

I've seen him use it in every matchup. Definitely seems most effective in ZvZ though...

1-base turtling as a Zerg is not really an option. In ZVZ it might be, but I have been using that in ZVZ also, and some builds just UTTERLY destroys that. Double expanding is one, for example, when you see your opp doing it "destiny-style".

Ikuu

Linking a replay/VOD would be good, I checked his latest replay pack and every single ZvP is a 14 pool like 18 hatch build.

Cheeto

Ikuu said:
Linking a replay/VOD would be good, I checked his latest replay pack and every single ZvP is a 14 pool like 18 hatch build.
He streams constantly I don't know where his vods or replays are

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aylinato said:
burrow is mostly a versus protoss thing nd banelings a vs terran thing.

also, by the time we have burrow, they'll likely be 2base and by the time they have a third, they'll be plopping down missile turrets while expanding.

Ikuu

Watching replays can be so depressing, played a 30min ZvZ and I check the replay at around 14mins and I could have just rolled him :(

Liked how he blamed the loss on making too many Infestors when he it was his terrible macro that lost him the game.

Ikuu said:
Watching replays can be so depressing, played a 30min ZvZ and I check the replay at around 14mins and I could have just rolled him :(

Liked how he blamed the loss on making too many Infestors when he it was his terrible macro that lost him the game.

I can relate. The other night I was kicking ass had zerg contained to 1 base, then I get rolled by mass mutas out of nowhere. I go to watch the replay and 4 minutes in a see the hidden expansion plop down....didn't need to see any more of that match.

Replays is how you learn though. If you just keep quickmatching without checking the replays, you'll be silver with 800 games played.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
1. get 10 drone lead
2. still be behind on income
3. rolled by MM
4. lose for being a 'greedy' zerg
5. profit.

azjfC.png

This strat is likely going to stop being effective once I get out of silver but I haven't lost a game against Toss in quite a while do to:

building a proxy barracks in his base - pushing out 2 marines to harass while I build a bunker at the mineral line - get 4 marines in bunker then float barracks to his natural expansion.

Then running into his base with marauders / marines and 3 siege tanks to clean up.

Spl1nter

BruceLeeRoy said:
This strat is likely going to stop being effective once I get out of silver but I haven't lost a game against Toss in quite a while do to:

building a proxy barracks in his base - pushing out 2 marines to harass while I build a bunker at the mineral line - get 4 marines in bunker then float barracks to his natural expansion.

Then running into his base with marauders / marines and 3 siege tanks to clean up.

I doubt it will get you out of silver. Even if it does once it stops becoming effective you will drop right back down. This sort of cheese doesn't exactly make you a better player.

ezrarh

Spl1nter said:
Or masters with 3000 games played

That could also mean you just like to cheese your way to the top. There's a guy around my rating that has like 7.5k games played as random. Ridiculous.

Spl1nter

ezrarh said:
That could also mean you just like to cheese your way to the top. There's a guy around my rating that has like 7.5k games played as random. Ridiculous.

kind of what i was trying to state. Number of games play doesnt determine anything other than having a high rank

ezrarh said:

I don't want to generalize, but my experience with random players has been:

1. attempt cheese
2. cheese fails
3. quit before I even get a chance to attack.

Jeff-DSA

Is it possible to get out of Bronze before 100 games played? I've been winning far more than losing lately, including wins over silver and gold players and even a platinum player. I think in my 1v1 games I've won something like 18 of my last 22. When can I get out of the Bronze ghetto and move up into the Silver ghetto? I think I'm around 92 games played, so that's why I was wondering if I had to hit 100 or more to change leagues.

Jeff-DSA said:
Is it possible to get out of Bronze before 100 games played? I've been winning far more than losing lately, including wins over silver and gold players and even a platinum player. I think in my 1v1 games I've won something like 18 of my last 22. When can I get out of the Bronze ghetto and move up into the Silver ghetto? I think I'm around 92 games played, so that's why I was wondering if I had to hit 100 or more to change leagues.

no one knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom