• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
28im4c7.gif

the coaching was great, I wish I was less nervous and fucked up less so he could've given me a tad better advice :|

still so much fun, I really really like destiny and he's a really smart guy when he's not being overly crass -- which is a total hoot too!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
the coaching was great, I wish I was less nervous and fucked up less so he could've given me a tad better advice :|

still so much fun, I really really like destiny and he's a really smart guy when he's not being overly crass -- which is a total hoot too!
we all had a ball watching in mumble. :D

the streamer monsters really seemed to like you too.

haha I am glad I could provide some entertainment.

yeah my best friend texted me and was like "the whole stream wants you to stay all night, they love you!" :D

Q8D3vil

mescalineeyes said:

yeah my best friend texted me and was like "the whole stream wants you to stay all night, they love you!" :D
need vods asap so i can counter everything he taught you :D

WedgeX

Banned
Watching replays now. And realizing that I'm hearing my own voice, having a mic now. Oh...oh no. I'm never speaking again.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
WedgeX said:
Watching replays now. And realizing that I'm hearing my own voice, having a mic now. Oh...oh no. I'm never speaking again.
your voice is crisp and clean like the first spring asparagus.

atleast you're not me with helium lungs.

Feep

Banned
Misclick -> Made a gate instead of a cyber on Delta Quadrant PvP, so ended up with 4 gates before a core.

Win anyway.

Opponent rage-quits.

Ahahahahahahahahah.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Q8D3vil said:
need vods asap so i can counter everything he taught you :D
I didn't think you knew how to do anything other than 2rax bunker ;) Anyway what exactly did he go over?

Ikuu

:p It's an amazing opening and I'd use it every time against Zerg if I played Terran.

Feep

Banned
I didn't think it would ever happen, but I'm starting to beat Diamond players at least 30-40% of the time...

Maybe...

I'll make it...

Questions in general.

1) Panda was right; 4-gate just isn't effective against mid-tier or higher Diamond players. I can't bust through Roach + Spine, they counter, they win. What's an effective build, here? Fast expand myself? Harass with air, or DTs? What do you fellow Brotosses usually do?

2) I've messed around with it a few times, but I don't see the point of a Protoss Fast Expand build (usually used on Lost Temple). As soon as it's scouted (in other words, immediately), the other player can fast expand themselves, since they'll be free of pressure, and they don't have to waste 450+ minerals on static defenses. And the other player can get around the cannons with Blink Stalker, Warp Prism, Colossus + Thermal Lance, Void Rays, or Terran siege tanks/drops, or Zerg Nydus.

3) I seem to have macro trouble at 2-base; I feel like most of the time, I end up floating, or starved. Is six-gate two-tech a good number to have (or, if teching to templar, 8-gate)? Can never seem to work this out.

4) I have a good feeling for when to expand to my natural, but what do you guys look for when taking a third? I guess it depends on how easy it is to defend a third, but I never seem to get the timing right.

Deadly

mescalineeyes said:
"I see you've watched my stream"
"Err yeah..."
"I'm assuming because of the second roach warren"
"Oh what?! I built two?! Fuuuuuck"
Something like that, it was hilarious :lol

Ikuu

Ikuu said:
TeamLiquid Open EU is starting soon, got like 15mins left to signup and check-in. Knowing my luck in recent tournaments I've entered I'll probably get one of the pros.
I made it to the third round! Got a bye in the first, beat a 4gate Toss in the second and then got a Master League Toss (36 in EU) and got destroyed. Completely messed up my build and my macro was awful.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hmm how do you play the SC2 DoTA game against each other and not only against CPU?

V_Arnold

Ikuu said:
I made it to the third round! Got a bye in the first, beat a 4gate Toss in the second and then got a Master League Toss (36 in EU) and got destroyed. Completely messed up my build and my macro was awful.

Gz! : )

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Feep said:
1) Panda was right; 4-gate just isn't effective against mid-tier or higher Diamond players. I can't bust through Roach + Spine, they counter, they win. What's an effective build, here? Fast expand myself? Harass with air, or DTs? What do you fellow Brotosses usually do?
are you doing the 1gas 4gate that hits at the 6minute mark?

anyway, this is my pvz flowchart:

im scouting; is hatch down?
if yes:
-DOUBLE STALKAH
-1 GAS 4WARP

if no:
-MANNAH PYLON, scout main.

does he have gas pool already going down when you scout?
if yes: cancel mannah pylon
if no: leave mannah pylon until he starts going gas pool.
proceed to breakdance probe on creep.

okay, so now he's either going to speedling expand or roach rush you.
1gate sentry/forge expand into 6gate can beat both and comes out during droning stages on a delayed expand.
if he roaches, do not be afraid of delaying your nexus as in roaching he has delayed his tech and expand and you only need to get 2 gates worth of saturation up to move in for a strong kill. 6 gate forces tech from zerg so its a great move against less econ builds.

thats the theorycrafting anyway, im not a great toss in the fundamentals so i pylon block myself and get doey eyed for blink alot. lol.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
wow. so you're like top 200 eu?
no, i reached diamond just before buying us version ( didn't play ladder in eu after that).
but in us, i was playing against diamond players all the time.

ezrarh

Oh my god, I just watched TLO vs Morrow pvz that would have made all zergs cringe. TLO gets a phoenix hallucination and gets a robo and lets zerg see the robo. Cancels the robo bay once he knows zerg thinks he's going colossi then gets 3 stargates to get 9 phoenix in time for morrows 10 mutas. Kills all of them..then overlord massacre. It was disgustingly awesome.

Haunted

Watching the TSL3 Qualifier #4 (EU) right now, 512 man tournament, and we're left with a pretty sick lineup in the Ro32 and now Ro16. Ro32 were already ~25 pros with some great ladder players sprinkled in, and in the Ro16 there are basically only pro players left.

Also Ro16 is 10 Terrans. >_>

ezrarh said:
Oh my god, I just watched TLO vs Morrow pvz that would have made all zergs cringe. TLO gets a phoenix hallucination and gets a robo and lets zerg see the robo. Cancels the robo bay once he knows zerg thinks he's going colossi then gets 3 stargates to get 9 phoenix in time for morrows 10 mutas. Kills all of them..then overlord massacre. It was disgustingly awesome.
Mindgames man, mindgames.

TLO is such a baller.

Haunted

Fun fact: TLO is the highest ranked Random in the world. Ever so slightly ahead of Nerchio.

edit: at least he was yesterday, now Nerchio is ranked ahead of him on sc2ranks.com. :)

Other notable Random players include VTAttero (best US random), GuMiho (best Korean random) and Dayvie (highest ranked Blizzard employee). :p

twosocks

Neo Member
hihi neoGAF SC2 community <3
I can now post \o/ yay!
glad to be a part of this massive community,
i look forward to playing & getting to know all of you.

<3

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
twosocks said:
I can now post \o/ yay!

<3
'ello jounyah.

DisTanT

Neo Member
twosocks said:
I can now post \o/ yay!

<3

What's up TwoSocks? I'm a junior too!
I've had my account for a while but never got it activated. Who's ready to play some SC2? I know I am!

Haunted

Majine said:
Is he ever coming back to GSL?
Well, his CT still isn't fully healed, but it's not likely either way. He wants to concentrate on European and international tournaments. A league format like GSL demands that you stay in Korea for an extended amount of time, which he's apparently not ready to do.

Speaking of TLO, he's playing in the Bo5 finals of the TSL qualifier #4 against WhiteRa right now. Wolf and djWheat casting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom