• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
you have meeru.
and haz.

and... uh... distant?
didnt haz switched to protoss and stopped playing sc2 ( i think he is playing rift online now).
meeru is pretty good
mescaline told me about distant although i don't know if he read or write here in the forum.

Masaki_

I don't understand why people still think Terran is overpowered in any way (and why zergs still feel entitled to whine about their race). There was a time when that used to be true, around the time when Fruitdealer won the first GSL. Patch 1.1.2 pretty much changed everything: Zerg's early game became significantly stronger, and they also became much harder to harass, all while keeping the late-game dominance they always had. Zergs get outraged when a T does things like bunker rushes and early game timing pushes or all-ins, because they don't seem to understand the reason behind it.

Won

Well, the Zerg race design is garbage and that's something that won't change till Heart of the Swarm. So we will see tears till then, one way or the other.

(._.)

Banned
I'm finally laddering more regularly. Was rank 30 bronze and now I'm 17 after the six 1v1 I have played in the last week. Hope to finally ladder to gold this month.

Masaki_ said:
I don't understand why people still think Terran is overpowered in any way (and why zergs still feel entitled to whine about their race). There was a time when that used to be true, around the time when Fruitdealer won the first GSL. Patch 1.1.2 pretty much changed everything: Zerg's early game became significantly stronger, and they also became much harder to harass, all while keeping the late-game dominance they always had. Zergs get outraged when a T does things like bunker rushes and early game timing pushes or all-ins, because they don't seem to understand the reason behind it.

what league/race?

Spl1nter

Masaki_ said:

I dont know if you should post here ever again. You just lost all credibility. You must be in bronze because clearly you dont understand the difficulties zergs have against terran. Have fun trying to scout a terran before lair (which you cant) while they perform one of about 1000 different builds which all need different responses.

Geneijin

The SC2 channel for GAF is NeoGAF right? I haven't been playing as much as I would have liked and I want to change that.

A late introduction from me considering I've started months ago. I look forward to playing with you all.

Masaki_

mescalineeyes said:
what league/race?

I'm a diamond T, used to play Zerg till I was platinum (then got demoted back to gold when I switched).

Spl1nter said:
I dont know if you should post here ever again. You just lost all credibility. You must be in bronze because clearly you dont understand the difficulties zergs have against terran.

whoa, sorry bro, dont get mad

Spl1nter

Masaki_ said:
I'm a diamond T, used to play Zerg till I was platinum (then got demoted back to gold when I switched).

whoa, sorry bro, dont get mad

Well I dont get how you can make such a statement when every single pro player says zerg is the most difficult race to play and is the weakest race right now.

ezrarh

Geneijin said:
The SC2 channel for GAF is NeoGAF right? I haven't been playing as much as I would have liked and I want to change that.

A late introduction from me considering I've started months ago. I look forward to playing with you all.

Yup, just join the neogaf channel and ask for a game invite if you want in. Also, if you can perform abusive strats against splinter, you will have fun.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Q8D3vil said:
didnt haz switched to protoss and stopped playing sc2 ( i think he is playing rift online now).
meeru is pretty good
mescaline told me about distant although i don't know if he read or write here in the forum.
Nah I just complain a lot jokingly (sort of).

I was playing Rift forever in beta, but that is over for now so it's back to not laddering for me.

When I focus I have a natural sense of timings and macro, but as for the meta game and why I do things I'm not as sound since I barely play at all. Maybe like 2-3 games a week? Every 2 weeks? Something like that.

Masaki_

Spl1nter said:
Well I dont get how you can make such a statement when every single pro player says zerg is the most difficult race to play and is the weakest race right now.

The only pro zerg I see whining about his race is Idra (heh), and even he once said after patch 1.1.2 that TvZ was Z-favored. What pro zergs do complain about is the map pool. In balanced maps, zergs have no problem at all.

Spl1nter

Masaki_ said:
The only pro zerg I see whining about his race is Idra (heh), and even he once said after patch 1.1.2 that TvZ was Z-favored. What pro zergs do complain about is the map pool. In balanced maps, zergs have no problem at all.

I could gather a bunch of statements of pros in recent times saying the issue with zerg is early game scouting. Large maps helps only because pushes take longer to reach you but its still a major issue. Ret was talking about it on STOG last night.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Y'all will be glad to know I'm showing up for GAF night tonight.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Masaki_ said:
its because you dont understand the game. its normal amongst lowbie terrans who think they cant play macro, usually because macro is hard and they dont want to try.

patch 1.1.2 addressed a low investment high reward harass that was difficult to scout and as such had to be defended in leu of its actual threat. it doesn't address things like 2 rax because terrans had no reason to do anything but reaper at the time. turns out marines are also kinda good and with unit control and stim, beat every zerg ground unit for cost. which is apparently BALANCE to you. what a joke.

zergs can defend against most terran allins, by the skin of the creep, but it doesnt help when we cant actually scout terrans because of zero investment walls and tier o ranged AA units. big maps would only so much that a zerg who is 100% on top of the scouting game might have time to react, but that would still be a larger investment from one player for similair returns.

Masaki_

Pandaman said:
its because you dont understand the game. its normal amongst lowbie terrans who think they cant play macro, usually because macro is hard and they dont want to try.

yep, guys, if more terrans just tried to get into a long macro game they'd realize tvz is fine

*cue mvp versus nestea on xel'naga

oh wait

actually, nevermind, it's obvious mvp just can't macro, that scrub

patch 1.1.2 addressed a low investment high reward harass that was difficult to scout and as such had to be defended in leu of its actual threat. it doesn't address things like 2 rax because terrans had no reason to do anything but reaper at the time. turns out marines are also kinda good and with unit control and stim, beat every zerg ground unit for cost. which is apparently BALANCE to you. what a joke.

yeah marines are fucking op and what the fuck are banelings

zergs can defend against most terran allins, by the skin of the creep, but it doesnt help when we cant actually scout terrans because of zero investment walls and tier o ranged AA units. big maps would only so much that a zerg who is 100% on top of the scouting game might have time to react, but that would still be a larger investment from one player for similair returns.

why is any of that even an issue? are you complaining zerg actually has to put some effort in order to defend himself? if I were you, i'd be just fine with that because I'd know if the game went past 15 minutes, i'd almost certainly win.

Haunted

How in the world is Starjeweled more addictive than Bejeweled 3 itself? >_>

Someone really needs to make a Starcraft II map editor appreciation thread. So many different gametypes, so many different genres, such a powerful tool. People are getting all amped about LBP's user creation capabilities, but it's shit all next to Starcraft II's.

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:

Masaki_ said:

Yeah. Banelings are so awesome. They are perfect against marines behind walls denying scouting. Ah, wait, no. They are not.
Banelings are also so awesome against an easily obtainable Banshee, just like marines. Oh wait, they are not.
Banelings are also easy to attack with, not having to worry about siege tanks behind marines and being forced into spending 200/200 to baneling kill a thor OR to try and catch stimmed marines while Siege tanks aoe-kill them every second.

...oh wait, what the HELL are you even talking about?

Hazaro said:
No those are zerglings.

No, thats all zerg ground units.

I'm just fooling around and fanning the flames. Its not all Doom&Gloom for zerg, but they definately need some work.

I play Protoss and am terrible.

Aon

I love the way Artosis over emotes to make up for the way that Idra looks like time's frozen.

Thoroughly entertaining.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Masaki_ said:
yep, guys, if more terrans just tried to get into a long macro game they'd realize tvz is fine

*cue mvp versus nestea on xel'naga

oh wait

actually, nevermind, it's obvious mvp just can't macro, that scrub
cue, every other game vs nestea.
its cute that you appeal to the 1 in a 4:1 set as an example of why the matchup is fine.

i can do that too! see: jinro vs idra on jungle basin, both times.
see gsl season3 w here zergs had the second highest representation and no one in top 8.
see gsl season 4's 7 terrans and nestea finals.
spoiler: a baneling has to kill 2 marines each to be cost effective, l2p and you'll realize how easy it is to reduce splash damage when your opponent has to suicide to attack. hell, you can just kite to regain cost. you scrubs complain about losing in fights you are massively outspent on and you think there's a problem.

see also: the lair tech upgrade pretty much required to deal with bioballs that dont suicide themselves into creep patches for you. banelings dont allkill mech and marauders either, they're a specific gas intesive techpath designed to combat light units, they are nothing like a tier 0 jack of all trades ranged unit that outdps's pretty much everything for cost and has no cooldown worth speaking about.

-

suggesting baneling as a counter to marine allins is like suggesting immortal versus roach allin, strictly speaking it makes sense, most players accept that immortals do very well versus roaches, but in a real game situation, time and cost cannot be ignored as factors.
why is any of that even an issue? are you complaining zerg actually has to put some effort in order to defend himself?
relative to the effort terran puts in to win in those allin situations? YES.

if I were you, i'd be just fine with that because I'd know if the game went past 15 minutes, i'd almost certainly win.
you're not me though, because I'm not copper league.

splinter said:
the units that get one shot by tanks with a single attack upgrade.
they dont need the upgrade unless zerg has carapace first. and thats for zerglings only, banes always get one shot.

Masaki_

Pandaman said:
cue, every other game vs nestea.
its cute that you appeal to the 1 in a 4:1 set as an example of why the matchup is fine.

yeah, nothing to do with the fact mvp is better than that sack of shit nestea

ps: fruitdealer is still the best zerg

i can do that too! see: jinro vs idra on jungle basin, both times.
see gsl season3 w here zergs had the second highest representation and no one in top 8.
see gsl season 4's 7 terrans and nestea finals.

zergs get hardfucked by the map pool (then again not that much to justify all the whining), i know that. cant wait for a zvz finals when they introduce the new maps

spoiler: a baneling has to kill 2 marines each to be cost effective, l2p and you'll realize how easy it is to reduce splash damage when your opponent has to suicide to attack. hell, you can just kite to regain cost. you scrubs complain about losing in fights you are massively outspent on and you think there's a problem.

you complain about marines and im the one who needs to learn how to play? LOL

see also: the lair tech upgrade pretty much required to deal with bioballs that dont suicide themselves into creep patches for you. banelings dont allkill mech and marauders either, they're a specific gas intesive techpath designed to combat light units, they are nothing like a tier 0 jack of all trades ranged unit that outdps's pretty much everything for cost and has no cooldown worth speaking about.

hello im a zerg player and i demand an auto-win hotkey be introduced in the next patch i dont think the game is balanced as it is

you're not me though, because I'm not copper league.

then i guess you must be in rust leage or something

Masaki_ said:
then i guess you must be in rust leage or something

I am sorry but can we actually see you play for once or maybe share your ranking info just so we know how seriously we can take you?

spl1nter and panda aren't exactly scrubs by a long-shot.

nilbog21

Banned
mescalineeyes said:
I am sorry but can we actually see you play for once or maybe share your ranking info just so we know how seriously we can take you?

this says it all right here,

Masaki_ said:
yeah, nothing to do with the fact mvp is better than that sack of shit nestea

ps: fruitdealer is still the best zerg

zlatko

Banned
So, I know I mentioned earlier on SC2 chat, but I cut my left pointer finger on the tip really bad. Can't type let alone play SC2... makes me super sad. :(

tumblr_leutioX0PS1qf8yek.gif

No practice for a cpl days. ugh.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aquavelvaman said:
This thread is getting rowdy
if it didnt get rowdy, we wouldnt be a family. :p

also fruitdealer as top zerg is lol. maybe if everyone still played nr 20 games with him where he could just tech infestior/roach/hydra/drop/bane/spire and drone at the 11 minute mark.

zergs get hardfucked by the map pool (then again not that much to justify all the whining), i know that. cant wait for a zvz finals when they introduce the new maps
so there's a balance problem until either t and p get some nerfs or new maps come out that dont favour any race.

maps can easily be adjusted between leagues, but blizzard has to tweak baalnce in accordance with their own ladder. that ladder has balance problems, hence QQ.

you complain about marines and im the one who needs to learn how to play? LOL
are banelings half as problematic as marines?
do banelings cost gas?

mescalineeyes said:
he played and lost to meeru and terproerg today for gafnight. :p

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
if it didnt get rowdy, we wouldnt be a family. :p

also fruitdealer as top zerg is lol. maybe if everyone still played nr 20 games with him where he could just tech infestior/roach/hydra/drop/bane/spire and drone at the 11 minute mark.

So your saying his fruit has...gone rotten?

tumblr_lf5scbhNav1qf8yek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom