• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can't find a list of Feats of Strengths in the game...

e3oAk.jpg

What's there more to grab except the stupid "Buy a Blizzcon 2010 ticket" and "Buy Cataclysm Collectors Edition"?

YakiSOBA

So my 2v2 partner and I were in silver, and our last 20-30 matches or so were always vs. platinum, diamond, and even vs 6 masters (we won 3 lost 3 to the master league guys)...

We get promoted finally yesterday, but it drops us into gold rank 3... weird :( Was hoping for platinum at least hehe... but i'm guessing our MMR is highly inflated now and we'll probably jump to platinum soon.

YakiSOBA said:
So my 2v2 partner and I were in silver, and our last 20-30 matches or so were always vs. platinum, diamond, and even vs 6 masters (we won 3 lost 3 to the master league guys)...

We get promoted finally yesterday, but it drops us into gold rank 3... weird :( Was hoping for platinum at least hehe... but i'm guessing our MMR is highly inflated now and we'll probably jump to platinum soon.

I don't think you can skip leagues.
I played one game in gold before it put me in platinum, so ... and it matches me with diamond people exclusively.

jasonng

valenti said:
Been playing a bunch of ladder games, learning alot. I can't wait for this weeks Gaf night, cuz I can come to it!! Seriously think we should hold a double elim mini tourney on gaf nights..using http://challonge.com/

Lame, I can't make it this week since I will be with family for Chinese new years eve. Please rip splinter a new one for me.

<3 you splints

Aylinato

Yoshichan said:
Can't find a list of Feats of Strengths in the game...

e3oAk.jpg

What's there more to grab except the stupid "Buy a Blizzcon 2010 ticket" and "Buy Cataclysm Collectors Edition"?

check my profile for all the ones you can obtain in game; aside from collector edition stuff

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aylinato said:
check my profile for all the ones you can obtain in game; aside from collector edition stuff
What's your ID :p?

Yoshichan

Aylinato said:
i have u on my friends list! defriended when i get home! j/k lol

Aylinato 421
Says unable to find ._. are you sure you have the correct person added?

Aylinato

Yoshichan said:

well, i can add people but you dont have to add me

mauhahahahha

like i added rootzcatz, but obviously im not friends with him

Yoshichan

Cheeto

Aylinato said:
well, i can add people but you dont have to add me

mauhahahahha

like i added rootzcatz, but obviously im not friends with him
hell yea, i try to keep all the streamers on my FL so I can BM them on stream

Aylinato

Cheeto said:
hell yea, i try to keep all the streamers on my FL so I can BM them on stream

I GM the one streamer who is awesome, and on TL stream list too!! He made a buck and some odd change on us watching him! Talking about Corran!

Q8D3vil

i wish some top terran players stream their games (like jinro)
i just got into watching streams and drewbie is awesome but i wish if there was more, i heard that qxc is studying in spain right now and can't play :(
Yoshichan said:
do you have us account ?
i don't think you can add us player in your eu account

I need a very good Protoss practice partner.
glad to help, but my protoss is like gold level >_>

Q8D3vil

Ikuu said:
SjoW, BratOK and a few other Terrans stream quite often.
i need to check sjow, his games against whitera were awesome.

but still i think the best terran are koreans except jinro, their tvt and tvz style is fucking amazing.

i really wish jinro stream ladder, but i guess he can't since he have to play many inhouse games with ogs.

Ecto311

Why is it when I start a match the game says the other person/people are favored yet when I win it claims I was giving less points?

Cheeto

Ecto311 said:
Why is it when I start a match the game says the other person/people are favored yet when I win it claims I was giving less points?
I can't figure that out either. I guess it compares MMR before the match for the loading screen, but then it adjusts each players MMR based on the outcome of the match and gives you points accordingly.

Aylinato

Cheeto said:
I can't figure that out either. I guess it compares MMR before the match for the loading screen, but then it adjusts each players MMR based on the outcome of the match and gives you points accordingly.
No, what it does is it compares your mmr vs their rank, then when doing points it compares your rank vs their mmr(teamliquid had something on it that explained it more)

Or at least it involves ur mmr and ur rank but both are used at different times

Cheeto

Aylinato said:
No, what it does is it compares your mmr vs their rank, then when doing points it compares your rank vs their mmr(teamliquid had something on it that explained it more)

Or at least it involves ur mmr and ur rank but both are used at different times
That's weird... but alright...

Ecto311

Well it's a bit frustrating to start a match against someone who is favored, play my ass off and get fucked on the outcome because the math behind it all is horseshit.

He was favored unless I win then I was favored, but if I lose then I barely lose any points because he was favored.

Is this going to be the standard or is this algorithm being tweaked over time?

Spl1nter

Ecto311 said:
Well it's a bit frustrating to start a match against someone who is favored, play my ass off and get fucked on the outcome because the math behind it all is horseshit.

He was favored unless I win then I was favored, but if I lose then I barely lose any points because he was favored.

Is this going to be the standard or is this algorithm being tweaked over time?

Just become #1 in your region, issue solved.

Q8D3vil said:
i wish some top terran players stream their games (like jinro)
i just got into watching streams and drewbie is awesome but i wish if there was more, i heard that qxc is studying in spain right now and can't play :(

TLO is playing qxc on his stream right now. TLO rolled terran

edit: sorry it's a VOD

Cheeto said:

lol. So basically, pre-match "You opponent is favoured and you're likely to loose" and then post-match "clearly you're better than you're opponent, so we're not impressed and we're adjusting your points accordingly"

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
Yes, by following what YOU guys had to say. "Bubu, go for the mind controlling device and kill the nydus parts so that you get air!"

Air was impossible.
thors splash vs light at 9 range
vikings splash vs armoured at 9 range

WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED, DAT SHITS FREE.

Aiiiiight GAF, I need help.

I find that most of my losses are due to some sort of sneaky build (DTs, Banshees) or heavy one base (lol4gate or lol3rax) or some sort of general all in. I would love to get some practice against these types of early aggression type builds. I play Z and only am in silver (mostly due to lack of time to play, I like to think).

I'll hop in GAFchat later, but if anyone wants to add me and cheese my face off, ampere.630 is my character code. Thanks GAF &#9829;

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
incontrol: it should strike you as odd that he has immortals and no observer... and thats because they aren't real.

cvvxn.jpg

Vx5c3.jpg

Spl1nter

Pandaman said:
incontrol: it should strike you as odd that he has immortals and no observer... and thats because they aren't real.

I thought it was really obvious. How the fuck could a toss get 3 immortals out that fast

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Milabrega said:
I too love hallucinate. I still have nightmares of Panda's beta Hallucinated Colossi.
i forget who it was, but i remember a gaffer who instagg'd when he saw my largely fake ball. :p

very impressive play by sco; I thought he could take the game more than once.

Also, the best part about getting up tomorrow will be that a new episode of SOTG will be ready for download :D

IceMarker

a40euw.png

Yay ninth GAF night! Gentlemen and men of righteous rage I welcome you to the GAF night before TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION OPENING DAY! Tomorrow night we will be playing some fun matches and hopefully we may get to see all of our hopefuls for the OPEN tournament show off what they got to the rest of GAF! OH and team games of course are on after the stream is over.

Information Guru said:
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<Custom Maps>
<FFA>

Streams and Misc. Info
-MrMister's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live
-Corran Horn's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Cheeto's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sc2-gaf-night
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Ner0
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

Again, EU and SEA buddies who have an NA account (or switch to NA repsectively) are gladly welcome to join us if the traditional start time doesn't bother you. (Just make sure you join #NeoGAF on chat channels)
HOT SHOT IS THE BEST FEATS OF STRENGTH ACHIEVEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom