• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
someone in tl was offering 2000$ for the first person to win 1000 game in each race.
was a bullshit offer, he was rejecting people for not keeping replays or cheesing too much.

IceMarker

jahzsx.jpg

Shadow Assault 2.8 has been released! This fixes a long-time balance issue and fixes a recently broken Dominion Spawn issue.

-- Fixed Dominion Squad not spawning correctly
-- Players can only have 5 units of any combination at one time

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
lost temple lost the cliffs. :eek:

please come out before the tourney!
test%20map%201.jpg

testmap3.jpg

testmap2.jpg

testmap4.jpg

testmap5.jpg

kinda unfortunate that they dont use the gsl maps.

5 and 4 look like trash, 1 and 3 seem very viable, 2... eh. have to play it out a few times.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I prefer Lost Temple to have the islands. But it now has a more open middle and easier to hold natural, unless people want to use the 2 directions to get to it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Corran Horn said:
I prefer Lost Temple to have the islands. But it now has a more open middle and easier to hold natural, unless people want to use the 2 directions to get to it.
islands can be problematic for standoffs. this way, you cant just flaot off to the island if you trade. plus its a safer third for all three races if the gold feels untenable.

they all seem similar though... like the same guy designed em in a week.

J-Roderton

So I've played SC about 2 months ago and it ran pretty much okay. Enough for some offline stuff at least. I deleted it and now I'm trying to re-install it on my 08-ish Macbook and I get this screen. Is this a problem? If so, how can I fix that?

Sorry in advance. I'm not much on computer stats and all of that.

2jev1xh.png

Meeru

Banned
Pandaman said:
islands can be problematic for standoffs. this way, you cant just flaot off to the island if you trade. plus its a safer third for all three races if the gold feels untenable.

they all seem similar though... like the same guy designed em in a week.
only one i remmeber is the lost temple :p

DaFish

Jroderton said:
So I've played SC about 2 months ago and it ran pretty much okay. Enough for some offline stuff at least. I deleted it and now I'm trying to re-install it on my 08-ish Macbook and I get this screen. Is this a problem? If so, how can I fix that?

Sorry in advance. I'm not much on computer stats and all of that.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2jev1xh.png

I recently formatted my PC (which most def meets the requirements) and re-installed SC and got this message, I just hit OK and everything was fine.

But, I do have experience with MacBooks and you may want to click the Apple icon in the top left corner and then click "About This Mac" and check your ram their. I have had one of my RAM slots go bad on me and in return I lost half of my memory :(

P.S. new lost temple looks Hawt!

Vaporak

Well after checking the new maps out in game my excitement has cooled considerably. Played maps 2-5 against a computer to see the maps up close and they all look impossible to forge fast expand on :/. Naturals are all hugely open with multiple entrances. Spawning close positions is still possible on the maps so a couple of them have very short attack distances once rocks are knocked down. :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Holy fucking shit...IDra vs MVP, damn.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Mindlog said:
Incredible game. That will get passed around in short order.

I'm sure Idra will send it to Artosis soon enough.

Mindlog

Pankaks said:
I'm sure Idra will send it to Artosis soon enough.
Yeah, I hope so. I definitely want to see it again.

Spl1nter said:
Such a long game. I dont get how terran can not be punished at all for not expanding forever.
One of the main reasons I want to see it again.

also
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=18226107&postcount=2176
also
need a gif of the infested marines popping up onto the cliff

As soon as a shoutcast is made someone pass the link around :D

*last edit: TL Thread - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=190301

Includes link to the original stream
http://www.justin.tv/eg_idra/b/278892299
Jump to 46:40 (3rd game)

edited at the same time as it was posted :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Spl1nter said:
Such a long game. I dont get how terran can not be punished at all for not expanding forever.
You should see Flash vs (some Z) on Match Point.

2 base vs 6 bases. He almost wins by starving Zerg out. BW so whacky.

I'd love to see this, hopefully it gets put up somewhere.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow. The new maps.

twofold

Two good new maps. Three awful ones. Close positions on the altered LT is ridiculously close, too.

What's Blizzard's fascination with tiny maps? They're so shitty to play on.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrMister said:
Pandaman has reminded me that team games aren't all that bad. :D
i loved it when they asked us to 2 base allin 'like all the rest'. :lol

silly 2v2 players dont know they cant wear down gaffers, we dont even warm up until the first 40 minutes are over! when the map mines out, we start getting interested!

Pancakes

Spl1nter said:
when the fuck do you guys sleep. I go to sleep you are posting, I wake up you have posted.

I don't sleep!

Gonna crash as soon as I get to go home, fuck 9AM classes

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ugh, tried to get back into the swing of things by laddering today. Not easy. Was 4-1 for the day. =(

Edit: errr. 1-4. Not 4-1.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ultron87 said:
That single loss must've been really rough on you.

Sorry, meant the other way around. 1-4. =P

3 PvPs and 2 PvTs. The two PvPs I lost really made me angry at myself. One was a void ray rush and somehow I lost when going 2gate (not a proxy). The other was a cannon rush. =/

WedgeX

Banned
ZealousD said:
Ugh, tried to get back into the swing of things by laddering today. Not easy. Was 4-1 for the day. =(

That must be simply awful.

:jakncoke

edit:

Damn your clarification.

I feel your pain.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ZealousD said:
Sorry, meant the other way around. 1-4. =P

3 PvPs and 2 PvTs. The two PvPs I lost really made me angry at myself. One was a void ray rush and somehow I lost when going 2gate (not a proxy). The other was a cannon rush. =/
PvP is lame atm. Its all 2 gate or 4 gate. whenever I lose, its always to stupid shit. Then late game, if you get there is war of the worlds.

Spl1nter

Corran Horn said:
PvP is lame atm. Its all 2 gate or 4 gate. whenever I lose, its always to stupid shit. Then late game, if you get there is war of the worlds.

Ever tried 3 gate? Lots of really strong 3gates you can do based on scouting info you gain. There is an agressive 3 gate which should give you more units then your opponent at 6:20 mark. Also 3gate into blink stalkers is pretty amazing. Completely destroys a 4gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom