• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le-mo

Ok gaf, I have a question. Whenever I hit the tab key to go back to my desktop while playing Starcraft it literally take one minute or two to get back in. What is going on?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Le-mo said:
Ok gaf, I have a question. Whenever I hit the tab key to go back to my desktop while playing Starcraft it literally take one minute or two to get back in. What is going on?
Go to video options and change to "Fullscreen (Windowed)"

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
Zerg players looking for a strong 1 base play in ZvP might want to give this thread a look. Just recently started blowing up on TeamLiquid, and I haven't really read it yet so I don't vouch for it much.
thats a 5 roach rush with cut drones. :\

with the original 5 roach rush, before the 7rr optimizer showed up, he can even expand behind it. this 3 roach comes out quicker, but toss was being kinda greedy by not adapting to what he scouted.

tilting maybe.

Vaporak said:
Zerg players looking for a strong 1 base play in ZvP might want to give this thread a look. Just recently started blowing up on TeamLiquid, and I haven't really read it yet so I don't vouch for it much.

I've been doing this build in 2v2 for like a month now.
I am not surprised anymore that it got me into diamond.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
its disgusting how much posts that build is getting.

he's on 14 drones and builds up a larvae cache in the middle of protoss scout timings.

zerg: how do i stop 1 gas 4gate?
protoss: lol learn 2 scout and cut drones at 20.

protoss: how stop 3 roach rush?
zerg: well, scout out these tells and-
protoss: OMG IMBA, I CANT 4GATE IT.

zlatko

Banned
I keep running across this error too often, and I need to know wtf to do to fix it.

I can play 1v1 no problem all day without 0 connection issues. The second I go to 4v4 3v3. 1 out of probably every 5 games I get dropped from. I have NO CLUE WTF WHY. I can run the game on ultra with 0 hiccups, whenever I get dropped I quickly alt tab to see if my browser is fine, and I can load up web pages instantly. I have a solid 16mb/sec connection where I am, and never lag on any other online games I play----often I'm made host on FPS' on console.

I don't wanna be stupid and scream, "OMG DISCONNECT HACKS," but this only happens in 4v4's and 3v3's where I think people COULD potentially abuse this more with a less chance of getting caught. I was also reading on the Blizz forums that such a thing does exist and has been getting some fair usage lately at the risk of getting banned.

Thoughts? If it's on my end what do I have to do to stop this. It's really pissing me off. :/

Pandaman said:
its disgusting how much posts that build is getting.

he's on 14 drones and builds up a larvae cache in the middle of protoss scout timings.

zerg: how do i stop 1 gas 4gate?
protoss: lol learn 2 scout and cut drones at 20.

protoss: how stop 3 roach rush?
zerg: well, scout out these tells and-
protoss: OMG IMBA, I CANT 4GATE IT.

haha, this, so many times this <3

Feep

Banned
I enjoy the Starcraft *concept* of reactive play, and knowing many builds to use depending on opponent, map, and scouting. I try all kinds of weird stuff pretty frequently...gate-cyber-robo, mothership rush, proxy stargate...to see how it works.

I guess it's this mindset which makes me see a boring 4-gate Protoss and want to beat that build with a sexy build of my own.

But man, this Protoss had it DOWN. Best 4-gate I've ever seen, perfect build and macro (I checked the replay.) I actually played him twice in a row, and couldn't hold it either time. The second time I had four sentries out and continually force-fielded (the first map was Scrap Station), and he eventually just got Blink and killed me then.

I guess the counter to the 4-gate is the 4-gate, since I can split his army at the ramp, but it's so DULL. UGH.

V_Arnold

Feep said:
I enjoy the Starcraft *concept* of reactive play, and knowing many builds to use depending on opponent, map, and scouting. I try all kinds of weird stuff pretty frequently...gate-cyber-robo, mothership rush, proxy stargate...to see how it works.

I guess it's this mindset which makes me see a boring 4-gate Protoss and want to beat that build with a sexy build of my own.

But man, this Protoss had it DOWN. Best 4-gate I've ever seen, perfect build and macro (I checked the replay.) I actually played him twice in a row, and couldn't hold it either time. The second time I had four sentries out and continually force-fielded (the first map was Scrap Station), and he eventually just got Blink and killed me then.

I guess the counter to the 4-gate is the 4-gate, since I can split his army at the ramp, but it's so DULL. UGH.

I think a forge+robo eats 4-gate pushes ALIVE. When properly executed and timed, of course. But that is just my theory, and I have nothing to prove that. Just feel that :)

Feep

Banned
mescalineeyes said:
I think the key is to chronoboost your units instead of the warpgate tech. worth a try, no?
From a purely mathematical standpoint, I'm not sure this makes sense. Once warpgate comes out, EVERY unit is time-discounted by ten seconds. The difference between chronoboosting and not chronoboosting warpgate is one or two waves of gateway units, or somewhere around 60 seconds gained.

On the other hand, each individual unit chronoboosted (50%) (Gateway units take 38, 42, and 42 seconds, respectively) will grant an average of 13 seconds per unit. You'd need four-five unit chronoboosts to match that 60 seconds, and even if you manage that, it's a push.

I think it's a very slight difference. = P

Feep said:
From a purely mathematical standpoint, I'm not sure this makes sense. Once warpgate comes out, EVERY unit is time-discounted by ten seconds. The difference between chronoboosting and not chronoboosting warpgate is one or two waves of gateway units, or somewhere around 60 seconds gained.

On the other hand, each individual unit chronoboosted (50%) (Gateway units take 38, 42, and 42 seconds, respectively) will grant an average of 13 seconds per unit. You'd need four-five unit chronoboosts to match that 60 seconds, and even if you manage that, it's a push.

well your warpgates will be done at some point.

Q8D3vil said:
listen clearly to what they say about top terran players :D

you are not a top terran player.

fact is that mules in their current form are imba as shit and that Zerg is not strong enough.

Feep

Banned
mescalineeyes said:

fact is that mules are imba as shit and that Zerg is not strong enough.
Right, about 50 seconds slower. Because you will warp in something like six units in that time, you lose sixty seconds of "units" because of six * ten seconds. You use the four Chronoboosts you used on warpgate and you save 4 * 13 seconds = 52 seconds, slightly less. I think it's a push at best.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Feep said:

You're right, but you only need to match the time difference between researches.

can you build more units in 135 seconds then a warpgater can? [time spent on an unchrono'd warpgate research, transformation and first round of units]

the answer is no.

if you chronod units, you would have 8 units in 135 seconds, 12 units at 167.
whereas, a 4gater would have 8 units at 122 and 12 units at 154

although seeing 4 stalkers out much earlier [56 vs 95] may act as a deterrent against builds like this and let you hold key terrain. its hard because the lock isnt actually time, but income. if you could afford more units, you could sneak out a third unchrono'd set, but you cant until it would start counting against your warpgate morph.

Pandaman said:
the Béchamel of kings

of who now?

3402824956_a61663ee9c.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Are we talking cooking now? Because I'm hungry.

Q8D3vil

mescalineeyes said:

fact is that mules in their current form are imba as shit and that Zerg is not strong enough.
of course i'm not and i never said that.
but remember when you used to say terran only win because they are imba.
sotg is consist of zerg/toss players (except day9 who is random) and they all agreed that terran top players just play better than the other races top players.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
They said the better players are playing Terran and suggest that there is a reason these players chose Terran.

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:
of course i'm not and i never said that.
but remember when you used to say terran only win because they are imba.
sotg is consist of zerg/toss players (except day9 who is random) and they all agreed that terran top players just play better than the other races top players.

That is not what they are saying. They are saying there are MORE top level terran than there are top level z/p players. Not top t > top z ~ top p. Not at all.

But anyway, fact is that T has the MOST options, Z/P has to prepare the most different kinds of harassment from them, and T pushes T players in a DIFFERENT Way than Z race or P race pushes Z/P players right now.

It can change with less abusable cliffed maps. It can change with giving more units to z,P (some that actually endanger T, if it does not prepare against it correctly, just like T has all the crazy hellion-based, thor-based, banshee-based, raven+banshee-based, etc etc "harasses", where if you were not prepared, it is GG) , or it can change with dratic changes to existing units (hydra buff, for example, if it ever comes. One when it will be good against T).

Your perception is quite a bit skewed towards T, Devil, it is okay, nobody can force people to try and view things outside of their own races, but you have to try at least sometimes :D

V_Arnold

mescalineeyes said:
Devil hears what he wants to hear.

Let's talk about how Mutas are imba again because he's actually not good enough to hold them.

Btw I am a bit afraid that these kinds of "friendly flaming" will turn into something serious o_o It wont happen, right? :p

also, he conveniently omits how everyone on SOTG agrees how at a "much much higher level" you have to play to survive easy harasses by the other races. (@1h 35m)

which very much echoes the sentiment which I've been saying for a long time. The fact that I am SEVERELY impacted by missing injects because I am busy, idk, say fighting, can kill me while terran can just call down 4 mules with the saved up energy and LOL all the way while building 4 additional raxes to get rid of all the excess minerals is simply unacceptable. (the same is also partially true for chronoboost)

Not to mention that 1 base zerg is not viable whatsoever and the only way to hold off early game pushes is with the help of static defense -- which is not true for any race whatsoever.
add to that that Zerg only has viable anti air and detection at tier 2 (or static) and the way Zerg has to scout way harder than any other race just adds to the difficulty and vulnerability of the race.

Q8D3vil

Btw I am a bit afraid that these kinds of "friendly flaming" will turn into something serious o_o It wont happen, right? :p
nah, actually i just do this to fuck with mescalineyes :D
i never take it seriously in the first place.
i'm gonna stop talking about it now. hopefully mescaline stop flaming me in the future when we play :(

Q8D3vil said:
i'm gonna stop talking about it now. hopefully mescaline stop flaming me in the future when we play :(

if you keep playing the way you were you deserve everything coming your way. the fact that you still lost to me is baffling and you rightfully were ashamed of sharing the replays with GAF.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
if you keep playing the way you were you deserve everything coming your way. the fact that you still lost to me is baffling and you rightfully were ashamed of sharing the replays with GAF.
you always could share em. :p

Q8D3vil

mescalineeyes said:
you can share em if you want.
but i admit losing because i was too greedy :(
anyway, i learned my lesson next time, pf natural when walling of zerg with bunkers/rax :D.

note: is it me or i'm the only terran here :(

V_Arnold

But at least the whole conversation supports an upcoming Grudge SERIES! I want in next time, we could arrange a Grudge ZVT EU-fighting event!

(also, now my F*****g mind cant stop thinking about trying out forge-to-robo-to warp harass + expand builds, even if I decided to stick to Z :((( )

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
But at least the whole conversation supports an upcoming Grudge SERIES! I want in next time, we could arrange a Grudge ZVT EU-fighting event!

(also, now my F*****g mind cant stop thinking about trying out forge-to-robo-to warp harass + expand builds, even if I decided to stick to Z :((( )
i'm up for practice if you want.
i love being home alone because no one bother you while playing :D

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:
i'm up for practice if you want.
i love being home alone because no one can bother you while playing :D

Yeah, soon, I will be up for that. Still got some work to do that I have to finish first.

Birdman02

V_Arnold said:

The Day9 funday monday focusing on warp prism harass was pretty interesting. Unfortunately, I'm a lowly bronze level protoss, and I really want to improve my macro before I'm ready to worry about micro-ing harass units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom