• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
Marine: Hi Zerg! Iam taking your main! Go ahead seige tanks!

Zergling: Not on my watch you aint! Release the Brood Lords!

Marine:
trollface.jpg

btn-ability-terran-stimpack-color.jpg

Zerg:

41571_361834840082_765668_n.jpg

scdjlf.jpg

zlatko

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Marines and tanks soooo good. Think I may have to switch to terran. Not enough terran gaf players anyway.

:( Am I the only one who thinks Terran is the hardest race to play? I even find zerg makes more sense to me than Terran. My ability to keep money down, execute good build orders, and keep pressure on opponents just sucks on Terran with so much income and options at your disposal.

fanboi

Banned
Well A move is quite hard.

EDIT: Thorzain in final... played him twice...

yeah... lost, also he isnt unknown top 200 and WC3 pro

Deadman

zlatko said:
:( Am I the only one who thinks Terran is the hardest race to play? I even find zerg makes more sense to me than Terran. My ability to keep money down, execute good build orders, and keep pressure on opponents just sucks on Terran with so much income and options at your disposal.

As zerg i often think "damn im happy i dont have any income or options" :p

More on tl open: They are announcing the protoss korean invites for tsl 3 when they come back for the final.

Spl1nter

zlatko said:

Wall-off. Do harass and expand. Build marines and tanks.

Genius, Huk and MC

:D

Deadman said:
TSL 3 Korean Protoss invites:

NSPGenius
Liquid'Huk (korean? lol)
oGsMC

They said players in Asia are all eligible for Korean invites because they don't have Asian TLOpens

O.O Adelscott is amazing.

Vaporak

That series definitely showed the difference in effectiveness between Terran and Protoss drops, and why so few Protoss see any use for the Warp Prism.

V_Arnold

Vaporak said:
That series definitely showed the difference in effectiveness between Terran and Protoss drops, and why so few Protoss see any use for the Warp Prism.

It is not just that, it is that a Medivac has OTHER uses, it is a natural unit to get in every game. When will a warp prism be a natural unit to get in every PVX game? Siege tanks: ditto. Bah, sounds like I am whining about things that I just cant comprehend, but I do not understand how terrans are supposed to have everything within reach, and the most effective. What would the game look like if T's lacked stim and P got something like that? What would the game look like if T units were not with the most range so they can abuse that with Viking-Tank combo (as seen in the last battle, f***** up colossus pretty hard)?

Next two expansions cant come quickly enough for new tools.
Oh, and the new maps are AWESOME, cant wait to see them on ladder. Byebye, LT cliff :)

Any predictions on who's gonna be the last 10 invites for TSL ?

Zerg: Ret, Idra, NesTea, Fruitdealer (and possibly Zenio or Haypro)

Terran: Jinro, IMMvp, MarineKing, Boxer and Nada

Would've liked to see Tester with Toss but oh well.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
V_Arnold said:
It is not just that, it is that a Medivac has OTHER uses, it is a natural unit to get in every game. When will a warp prism be a natural unit to get in every PVX game? Siege tanks: ditto. Bah, sounds like I am whining about things that I just cant comprehend, but I do not understand how terrans are supposed to have everything within reach, and the most effective. What would the game look like if T's lacked stim and P got something like that? What would the game look like if T units were not with the most range so they can abuse that with Viking-Tank combo (as seen in the last battle, f***** up colossus pretty hard)?

Next two expansions cant come quickly enough for new tools.
Oh, and the new maps are AWESOME, cant wait to see them on ladder. Byebye, LT cliff :)
warp prism has mutliple purposes as well, it's a dropship and mobile pylon

-COOLIO- said:
warp prism has mutliple purposes as well, it's a dropship and mobile pylon
It also can be used to absorb small amounts of anti-air fire or if you get enough of them you can spell out secret messages to the spectators.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Aquavelvaman said:
It also can be used to absorb small amounts of anti-air fire or if you get enough of them you can spell out secret messages to the spectators.
so youre saying the mobile pylon power is completely useless?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I dislike using War Prisms is because it ties up my robo for sorely needed Immortals/Observers/Collossi.

Also micro is hard :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I forged - Canon behind fast expand zerg just now. I feel shitty for doing that after he said glhf :(

He didnt even put up a fight after the canons killed like 6 drones

a176

Banned
Halycon said:
I dislike using War Prisms is because it ties up my robo for sorely needed Immortals/Observers/Collossi.

Also micro is hard :(

obs -> immortal - > prism i find is the best order, then u can just pump whatever from there

Aquavelvaman said:

a small amount is right ...

Aylinato

a176 said:
marine tank rush vs protoss is so good

phoenixs and zealots, add some stalkers and one or two sentries to nullify the damage of the marines(+1 armor) and baam marine tank rush fails, miserably

I know how to counter that at least =)

also, my goal for next few weeks is learning how to use stargate tech with gateway units(transitioning and such)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
destiny's stream is amazing right now.

he's coaching this bronzie austrian in zvz and the guy is raging at everything.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
another austrian? :D haha

*edit: he's australian :>
nah, he's australian and being trolled hard.
it was really bad, guy kept raging at 10 pools and baneling harasses and ignoring advice.

edit: if destiny and mrbitter both cost the same, why would anyone pick destiny as a coach. >_>

the guy just needed to calm down and keep cool, didnt heklp that destiny trolls his students for the benefit of the stream. he needd mrbitters moment of zen peptalk. :p

Spl1nter

captmorgan said:
I don`t know if this is the proper place to put this but I need some help with my build.

I`ve been working on a very heavy Raven build, but the problem is its leaving me with too much money, since the turret guns just take power I don`t have to buy more.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/135910-1v1-terran-zerg-xelnaga-caverns

If someone wouldn`t mind watching a replay of mine and suggest improvement`s I would be very grateful.

you are terran, make marines. dont need to watch the replay to tell you that.

ill watch it later and try to help you out

I use to pop out marines like crazy but since I`ve been working on this build it just seems so unneeded. They would just take up food space, and serve no real purpose.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
captmorgan said:
I don`t know if this is the proper place to put this but I need some help with my build.

I`ve been working on a very heavy Raven build, but the problem is its leaving me with too much money, since the turret guns just take power I don`t have to buy more.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/135910-1v1-terran-zerg-xelnaga-caverns

If someone wouldn`t mind watching a replay of mine and suggest improvement`s I would be very grateful.
Only seen the start as of yet and the zerg you're fighting against some pretty bad zerg player.

Spl1nter

captmorgan said:
I use to pop out marines like crazy but since I`ve been working on this build it just seems so unneeded. They would just take up food space, and serve no real purpose.

lol. Just because they seem unneeded when you face bronze players doesn't mean you wont need them when you face a silver player.

Spl1nter

zlatko said:
I think I missed it but what's up with the new sign in screen option of SC-1 and SC-2 now?

ptr right? Hopefully means implementation of multiple accounts per cd key so I can have a account to ladder with terran and toss. Just make it so only one account can be active at a time blizzard.

However its highly unlikely that is the case. There was a thread on tl about it.

zlatko

Banned
Spl1nter said:
ptr right? Hopefully means implementation of multiple accounts per cd key so I can have a account to ladder with terran and toss. Just make it so only one account can be active at a time blizzard.

However its highly unlikely that is the case. There was a thread on tl about it.

It's weird because after I saw/did that on the PTR----it now does it on the real game version too that I can pick SC-1 or SC-2. I'd like to have an account on the Korean ladder so I can just use my USA account to level up/not care about stats, and then have my srs bznz account on the Korean ladder.

Edit: Also, why is it so hard to find build orders for this game that aren't from April to August of last year? Some of the stuff is super out dated.

I'm trying to learn some Terran BO's like 1-1-1 and 2rax, but video tutorials sucks due to not being able to see exactly when what is happening. Anyone have a link to these two builds that is 100% correct?

Spl1nter said:
lol. Just because they seem unneeded when you face bronze players doesn't mean you wont need them when you face a silver player.

Your absolutely correct, I guess I was just getting use to winning with only losing 3-4 marines.

I`ve noticed that in my last 6 or so games it keeps saying I`m favored even though my opponents are much higher ranking than me. When their ranked 40 and I`m 75 shouldn`t they be favored?

captmorgan said:
Your absolutely correct, I guess I was just getting use to winning with only losing 3-4 marines.

I`ve noticed that in my last 6 or so games it keeps saying I`m favored even though my opponents are much higher ranking than me. When their ranked 40 and I`m 75 shouldn`t they be favored?
"Favored" means that your opponent's hidden MMR is higher than your displayed rating (your ladder points) as far as I know. Also, the ranks in each division don't say a lot because the skill levels of divisions are far from equal.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Neural Parasite probe -> Build Nexus -> Chrono Boost own Hatchery = Win

Ls3I2.jpg

Slavik81

Spl1nter said:

That sounds like the most nonsensical way of implementing a feature that I can think of. It would make far more sense to just let you keep a single account and separate your ladders for P, T and Z, just like how they do if you have multiple 2v2 partners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom