• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corran Horn said:
PvP is lame atm. Its all 2 gate or 4 gate. whenever I lose, its always to stupid shit. Then late game, if you get there is war of the worlds.

All of the same race 1v1s are pretty bad IMO. At least when both players just do standard stuff. Its normally cheese the opponent or make more of whatever he is making.

In PvP collossus is pretty much the standard unit you'll end up with. For terran its tank/marine or marine/banshee, in zvz its spaneling/muta.

For PvP I would say 3-gate expand, and either go robo right away or buy some time with blink stalkers. Unless you win/lose the game at that point you'll want to go collossus with those stalkers into mid-late game.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Spl1nter said:
Ever tried 3 gate? Lots of really strong 3gates you can do based on scouting info you gain. There is an agressive 3 gate which should give you more units then your opponent at 6:20 mark. Also 3gate into blink stalkers is pretty amazing. Completely destroys a 4gate.
I usually go 3gate robo but unless I got a sentry or more up, 4 gate can destroy me as my unit control isnt the cleanest.

DurielBlack said:
All of the same race 1v1s are pretty bad IMO. At least when both players just do standard stuff. Its normally cheese the opponent or make more of whatever he is making.

In PvP collossus is pretty much the standard unit you'll end up with. For terran its tank/marine or marine/banshee, in zvz its spaneling/muta.

For PvP I would say 3-gate expand, and either go robo right away or buy some time with blink stalkers. Unless you win/lose the game at that point you'll want to go collossus with those stalkers into mid-late game.

TvT is fun to watch at least. Positions matter alot plus drops are cool. TvT use to be horrible though when it was purely tank/viking. ZvZ sucks as games are too short :/ love to see some intense long ZvZ games.

Deadman

The thing with mirrors is that there is suddenly a jump in power when you get a special thing for that race. In pvp its obviously warpgates. zvz its the weird rock-paper-scissors of ling bane roach. The thing that makes tvt good is that their sudden jump is tanks with siege mode which is (primarily) defensive not offensive, so their games can get past that stage.

ezrarh

Corran Horn said:
Watching the videos of artosis trying to qualify for gsl. FUUUUUUCK banshees.

There's nothing wrong with flying dts with range that doesn't put you behind if you don't do any damage with it. I just watched sheth warp/ dt rush a terran for a win after being down 0-3 (played zerg previously) for a showmatch. :lol

Corran Horn

Daaaaaamn.

PvP match. He goes expo first and contains me for a min so my expo is a bit later. Then later gets me when I only get my 2nd colossus out and he is going pure gateway atm with good attack positioning. My Natural is destroyed and shitload of workers are gone. About 40 food down, he is 2 bases ahead of me. He blink harrasses me and takes out shitload of pylons yet I almost won....I destroyed his gold and most of his army as his colossus were in bad place at the time, attacking my third from ledge. I acctually went ahead in the food. But then his 7~ colossus destroyed my army with his reinforcements :( If I would have pulled back after destroying gold base ;;

Vaporak

DurielBlack said:

But you will lose the game at that point. Why would you advocate 3 gate expands in PvP? If you don't want to participate in the 4gate wars your only choice is to proxy 2gate or do the AdelScott 2gate aggression into expand.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Played a good 12 hours of terran today.

<3

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jesus fucking Christ. I'm a freaking gold player, why am I being matched against 2k diamond level players?

Edit:In other other news, I managed to get into Platinum league yey.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Pankaks said:
Jesus fucking Christ. I'm a freaking gold player, why am I being matched against 2k diamond level players?

Edit:In other other news, I managed to get into Platinum league yey.
my mind is full of stars.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Pandaman said:
my mind is full of stars.

You and me both, after a 5 loss streak: "Oh yea btw you're getting promoted!"

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Pankaks said:
guess the system thought you were better than gold, but wanted to make sure you wouldnt also be better than platinum.

Corran Horn

Pankaks said:
I usually get promoted after a losing streak or after a long ladder break lol

Nothing like a 4gate to clear your near tilt rage. "Oh steal my gas? Well...okay..."

Pancakes

Corran Horn said:
I usually get promoted after a losing streak or after a long ladder break lol

Nothing like a 4gate to clear your near tilt rage. "Oh steal my gas? Well...okay..."

4-gate feels so dirty and yet so gooood.

Unless they 2 gate and then I slam my keyboard against a wall. Sigh...I hate PvP.

Idra is streaming/commentating live
http://www.justin.tv/eg_idra#/w/831637888

Talking mad shit lmao. About to 7 pool a "noob" in masters league lol because he "isn't worth playing" ha

edit: "sorry the games are so shitty. Basically it's just a bunch of strong pressure builds on the Korean ladder because they're all robots and don't know how to think"

SHOTS FIRED

Re: Idra vs MVP from last night:

YakiSOBA said:
waiting for it to be casted by someone decent *crosses fingers* !

If I'm reading Artosis's twitter right he should have this game uploaded w/ commentary pretty soon.

Mindlog

wonderdung said:
Re: Idra vs MVP from last night:

If I'm reading Artosis's twitter right he should have this game uploaded w/ commentary pretty soon.
@artosis

hey everybody...guess what I'm rendering? :D about 3 hours ago via web

hint: its a certain game between 2 certain players! about 3 hours ago via web

wow lots of good guesses! its 19% done rendering atm, and boy oh boy was it long....awesome game tho :D will upload to youtube ASAP!

Darklord

Banned
What's Artosis' YT channel?

Pankaks said:
I'm Bronze and get thrown against very top tire diamond players. Once, I'm 99% sure was a pro player by his insane stats. I want to get out of Bronze but I can't because it throws me against diamond players. :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
nilbog21 said:
hey guys, what does it take to stream in decent quality? (not huk quality)

is it mostly PC or internet?
50/50

If you have 1.5mbps upload you should be fine.
I finally got Justin.tv working and its pretty sweet.

Darklord said:
I'm Bronze and get thrown against very top tire diamond players.

If that's really true (which I doubt), then you're about to be promoted to diamond yourself. Blizzard's system matches you up with players it thinks are on the same level as you.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
toss scouts, sees early roach warren, still 4gate.

herp derp.
its better when they complain.

you should see the responses i get when i tell them they lost because they played greedy.

Pandaman said:
its better when they complain.

you should see the responses i get when i tell them they lost because they played greedy.

yup.

I think toss have been too greedy in zvp for the longest time. guess it's time to learn builds other than 4 gate or greedy as shit fast expands.

Corran Horn

mescalineeyes said:
yup.

I think toss have been too greedy in zvp for the longest time. guess it's time to learn builds other than 4 gate or greedy as shit fast expands.
Only when zergs stop whining imba on everything

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
mescalineeyes said:
yup.

Oh how you've changed, I remember the time when you said you'd never lost due to imbalance and we had no right to complain about balance ;)

Ikuu said:
Oh how you've changed, I remember the time when you said you'd never lost due to imbalance and we had no right to complain about balance ;)

I still stand by that. I still believe you can overcome most imbalances with skill but back then I still had a lot to learn about the game and felt inadequate commenting on balance. Back then I wasn't at a stage where my opponents played well (and neither did I), plus, the metagame was different back then.

It peeves me having to be twice as skilled at my race than my opponents to win.

fanboi

Banned
Hmm, one problem I think is a general problem for Z... we don't have a long shooter (aka Seige tank or Colossus with range upgrade), of course we have BL but to be honest... It takes a life time before Z gets that unit.

zlatko

Banned
silverleague.png

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ifgIX1FQRo

The music I played to celebrate! Wooh!

Darklord

Banned
These have probably been long since answered but if I have RealID on can people see my name in chatrooms? For me it says '(Real Name) Character name.' but am I just seeing that?

Also, I thought RealID carried over all characters and games yet after making my new account on the NA servers this time, I have no friends on my list.

ultron87

Darklord said:
These have probably been long since answered but if I have RealID on can people see my name in chatrooms? For me it says '(Real Name) Character name.' but am I just seeing that?

Also, I thought RealID carried over all characters and games yet after making my new account on the NA servers this time, I have no friends on my list.

If you decide to be RealID friends with someone they can see your real name. You ahve to know their email address to do that and then they have to accept the request. Everyone else just sees your character name.

RealID friends are the only ones that carry over across multiple games.

Darklord

Banned
ultron87 said:
If you decide to be RealID friends with someone they can see your real name. You ahve to know their email address to do that and then they have to accept the request. Everyone else just sees your character name.

RealID friends are the only ones that carry over across multiple games.

Oh ok. I have RealID friends but my friends list is empty on the NA server. :s

Mindlog

Ashhong said:
Played 5 games. Got canon rushed 3 times and 6 pooled twice. I fail to stop this cheese.

That was on his stream
Yeah, I missed it. I remembered a few banes exploding, but was mostly focused on the mutas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom