• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

(._.)

Banned
could any high ranked players who saw my games tonight (if you remember them, Milabrega vs exlcamark) give me tips on what I can do better during mid/later game if you have any?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
(._.) said:
could any high ranked players who saw my games tonight (if you remember them, Milabrega vs exlcamark) give me tips on what I can do better during mid/later game if you have any?
Expand and attack. It seemed like yall bad the basics down but no sense of timing. Cant totally recall the games though.

zlatko

Banned
In case Shagg doesn't check the other thread----we need to do our fistacuffs ASAP. Let me know what day/time works for you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do you 3rax or 2rax all in now a days?

Meeru

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Expand and attack. It seemed like yall bad the basics down but no sense of timing. Cant totally recall the games though.
Watching the replays was saddening ._. Second game I deserve the loss sure, but the first...the..first game ><; O well there's always next time!! Unless I get a spot in the tourney :)

IceMarker

valenti said:
Watching the replays was saddening ._. Second game I deserve the loss sure, but the first...the..first game ><; O well there's always next time!! Unless I get a spot in the tourney :)
You only DON'T get that spot back if all 20 qualifiers are played!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
valenti said:
:(
Its sad that you are out while other plays will remain in :/

Slavik81

(._.) said:

any feedback is appreciated. where I went wrong. wondering how I can improve my mid game play, and timing for expanding, adding extra buildings, attacking.
Don't forget to keep making probes.
Remember to hotkey both Nexuses.
As your second base is coming up, you probably can add more unit producing structures. If your money's getting high, prioritize building unit-producing structures, rather than photon cannons, particularly when you already have a robo bay for detection. Unlike photon cannons, they give you a long-term outlet in to which you can keep sinking money.

But really, in game 1 you would have done fine had you not over-committed to that last battle. You'd won the previous battle quite decisively, mainly because your armies were even, but he had 30 food of his back in his base, giving you a 30-food lead when you engaged.

Against a Terrain like that, just expand. Put down photon cannons to help defend drops. Maybe switch to immortals given all the tanks, vikings and maruaders he had. If you managed to keep on 2+ bases when he'd mined out in his main, you could starve him out.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So I'm surprised more Zerg's don't QQ over spawning positions when it's quicker for your drones to get to your minerals when they are at the bottom of your hatch, compared to the top.

but with terrand and toss it doesn't matter..

ultron87

HolyCheck said:
So I'm surprised more Zerg's don't QQ over spawning positions when it's quicker for your drones to get to your minerals when they are at the bottom of your hatch, compared to the top.

but with terrand and toss it doesn't matter..

Well that means their units can get to a battle slightly quicker even if the drones take a second to start mining.

And if Zerg complain about that then Terrans will start complaining about positions where their add-ons are outside wall-ins.

And then Protoss will complain about... nothing positionally related really, since their buildings don't ever care about facing.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ultron87 said:
Well that means their units can get to a battle slightly quicker even if the drones take a second to start mining.

And if Zerg complain about that then Terrans will start complaining about positions where their add-ons are outside wall-ins.

And then Protoss will complain about... nothing positionally related really, since their buildings don't ever care about facing.

actually no :p

because the terrand and toss units will pop out down the bottom if rallied that way

the only thing being affected is drones going up, or troops going up all with longer times!

why am i doing this im a terran player ;_;

V_Arnold

HolyCheck said:
actually no :p

because the terrand and toss units will pop out down the bottom if rallied that way

the only thing being affected is drones going up, or troops going up all with longer times!

why am i doing this im a terran player ;_;

For terrans, there is no imbalance, everything is in a happy equillibrum.
*stims*

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aquavelvaman said:
SCVs should get stim
r7yxR.jpg

(._.)

Banned
Slavik81 said:
Don't forget to keep making probes.
Remember to hotkey both Nexuses.
As your second base is coming up, you probably can add more unit producing structures. If your money's getting high, prioritize building unit-producing structures, rather than photon cannons, particularly when you already have a robo bay for detection. Unlike photon cannons, they give you a long-term outlet in to which you can keep sinking money.

But really, in game 1 you would have done fine had you not over-committed to that last battle. You'd won the previous battle quite decisively, mainly because your armies were even, but he had 30 food of his back in his base, giving you a 30-food lead when you engaged.

Against a Terrain like that, just expand. Put down photon cannons to help defend drops. Maybe switch to immortals given all the tanks, vikings and maruaders he had. If you managed to keep on 2+ bases when he'd mined out in his main, you could starve him out.
Thanks a bunch for the feedback. I see what you are saying. I had only four gateways and I was sitting on 1600 at any given moment. Need to work on my mid/late game play.

zlatko

Banned
Shagg if you see this I'll be online for the next 12 hours or so if you can play our qualifying games today. PM me or drop a line here or the tourney thread.

a176

Banned
(._.) said:
Thanks a bunch for the feedback. I see what you are saying. I had only four gateways and I was sitting on 1600 at any given moment. Need to work on my mid/late game play.

4gate

500 minerals for 4 stalkers
+ 100 minerals for a pylon

= warp in units every 600 minerals and 200 gas (and build a pylon)

Aylinato

So, whenever I get home(within the next hour or so) I am going to upload some amazing team 4v4 that I faced with my 2v2 partner and some of his friends

(panda thinks he's a n00b lol)

One of the replays involves me cannon rushing for an entire game, the other involves a cannon rush into HTs, and then me killing hundreds upon hundreds of mutas (and i mean hundreds)

Aylinato

Corran Horn said:

lol, it was truly epic, my teammates were laughing so hard, I expanded about....8-10 times(taking over every base that I'd cannon rush, as it was protected afterwards, so there was no harm)

I also had over 80 probes at one point, and no army

::EDIT:: also, it obviously wasn't the highest skilled players we were facing, just to point that out lol

(._.)

Banned
I got cannon rushed today for the first time since the beta. Didn't know people still did that. Was a high silver player since that is what I'm being matched with these days. Was on steppes and I didn't really scout my base even though I should have when I went up to his front and noticed he walled off with two cannons. long story short he won. shit hurts (._.) looked at his profile though and he had played a ton of games and was still only in silver. Guess that is all he does.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Cannon Rushing can beat anyone, I remember watching Morrows stream as he cannon rushed people over and over.

yeah, this game isn't a broken piece of shit.

it's too bad that it's the only game worth playing, because everything else is even worse, save for Brood War, which is simply too hard for me.

(._.)

Banned
I'm guessing when I encounter a Protoss player that builds a forge and fast expands to his natural I should then fast expand myself and not over commit to taking him out? Not fully sure since once both are up and somewhat established their army's get pretty big. Got beat by two high silver Protoss players who fast expanded using cannons. One messaged me later and told me he has beaten diamond players with this strategy. umm, is this a good strategy?

Meeru

Banned
mescalineeyes said:
yeah, this game isn't a broken piece of shit.

it's too bad that it's the only game worth playing, because everything else is even worse, save for Brood War, which is simply too hard for me.
hon?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He'll probably ragequit sc2 and take up playing hon full time.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
(._.) said:
I'm guessing when I encounter a Protoss player that builds a forge and fast expands to his natural I should then fast expand myself and not over commit to taking him out? Not fully sure since once both are up and somewhat established their army's get pretty big. Got beat by two high silver Protoss players who fast expanded using cannons. One messaged me later and told me he has beaten diamond players with this strategy. umm, is this a good strategy?
i feel fast xpands should be harassed, so deny third and do runbys or drops.

(._.)

Banned
ughh :\ this game is frustrating to learn, but I think I'm slowly improving with every loss to a strategy I have never encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom