• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Someone named EGIdrA 6 pooled me and won ;;
I placed blocking pylon in wrong spot.

High Diamond so Im assuming fake...

ezrarh

Corran Horn said:
Someone named EGIdrA 6 pooled me and won ;;
I placed blocking pylon in wrong spot.

High Diamond so Im assuming fake...

You know what's funny, I remember playing him on steppes of war. Dude managed to get me with a ling all in I think. It was a while ago. I'm pretty sure he only cheeses.

Deadly

ezrarh said:
You know what's funny, I remember playing him on steppes of war. Dude managed to get me with a ling all in I think. It was a while ago. I'm pretty sure he only cheeses.
I thought Idra hated cheese :lol

fatty

Hazaro said:
Gate -> Core -> 4 phoenix -> lift queens. Yeah thats basically it.

From there you can see if he plays defensively, but most likely you'll want to pylon + gate at your natural and get that running while you run around with your phoenix snipping ovies, forcing queens, etc.

What I did was still add some Gateways and eventually expanded. Looking back at the replay there were so many areas where I could have improved (like not taking so long to get Warpgate research). I've tried looking around for similar VODs/replays and haven't had any luck.

Here's the replay:

And the original post for reference:

fatty said:
Would like to get you guys' input. So, after the latest patch that reduces Phoenix build time I'm starting to experiment a bit with a build order against Zerg.

The idea was based a bit off of Nony's 2 Stargate build and also the +1ZealotFastExpand from Broodwar where you pumped out a Corsair asap to hunt overlords while fast expanding and getting the attack upgrade for Zealots to two-hit kill Zerglings.

The one I'm trying out is basically:
Gateway,Gas,Forge,Gas,Core,Stargate,Gateway,Gateway

The concept is to hide your Stargate tech from Zerg and give the impression you are either going with 4-Gate or Fast Expand, but your entrance would need to be blocked off. I first go zealot (to help block off entrance), stalker (to deal with scouting overlord) and then pump out zealots while chronoboosting out four Phoenixes as soon as possible.

Four Phoenixes are enough to lift and kill a queen while also killing Overlords. Zerg is then forced to switch tech paths if he didn't go Hydra but if he chooses to throw down some spore colonies you should then have a considerable amount of Gateway units to attack, expand or whatever you choose.

I'm wondering if anyone knows where there are some more fleshed out replays, VODs or threads that talk about this? I've tried a rough build against someone who happened to be ranked Diamond in all categories (I'm only platinum) and I'm surprised at how well it worked, esp. since my build order was pretty sloppy. (I'll post the replay later on when I get home)

Problems with this build I see is an early Roach rush (which throwing down a cannon at my entrance would help since you already have the forge), allowing zerglings to break into your main (that is why it is so important to block off the entrance), and Hydras (but then again you're not really using too many Phoenixes anyway, just for harrassment).

I like this build because it deviates away from the standard 4Gate (which helps with the surprise factor), helps with map control (which I have a problem with when playing Protoss), and provides much needed scouting after the initial probe (which trying to get an observer out really wasn't too easy when going 4Gate).

I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this and if you can point me to any specific threads/vods that go into length on this because I know there are far better players than me that have really looked into this.

IceMarker

Terproerg said:
he wasnt on last night, he said he forgot to get on.
Well, just be done by Monday.

In other news, if anyone would like to help test the last beta build of Shadow Assault 2 I'll be online for the next couple hours before I head into work... I can't release this thing until I know it works fine in multiplayer as well. Get online right now if you've got the time!
I'm also on Mumble.

Aylinato

MrMister said:

In other news, if anyone would like to help test the last beta build of Shadow Assault 2 I'll be online for the next couple hours before I head into work.
No one is online and I need people to help me test this thing to get it out tonight after I work! Need. Volunteers!

I just got done cleaning, and since I am the one SC2 person with the most custom games played I'll gladly help =P

fatty

MrMister said:

In other news, if anyone would like to help test the last beta build of Shadow Assault 2 I'll be online for the next couple hours before I head into work... I can't release this thing until I know it works fine in multiplayer as well. Get online right now if you've got the time!
I'm also on Mumble.

I'm pretty new to custom games, how do I find it?

Edit: found the Neogaf channel but that's about it.

Corran Horn

Crevasse update, the map for GSL
4Dssz.jpg

Changes on 12 Feb 2011 KST

* Number of mineral patches on a first expo is now 6. (8 before)
* Number of vespene gas geysers on a first expo is now only 1. (2 before)
* Destructible Rocks on the ramps now has 1000 hit points and 1 armor. (2000 hit points and 3 armor before)
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=192417

I guess turtle power was too strong :p *only seen the one VOD so far of the protoss 2 basing and destroying the zerg*

fatty said:
I'm pretty new to custom games, how do I find it?

Edit: found the Neogaf channel but that's about it.

Go to Multiplayer then Creat game and search for the game if you want to play solo

IceMarker

Thanks to those of you who tested SA2 with me, the first public full version will be released tonight around midnight. Thanks for playing!

fatty

Thanks, Corran. Was able to message MrMister in the Neogaf chat and he hooked me up.

Hey guys, if you haven't had a chance to check out Shadow Assault 2, I'd urge you to give it a shot. Game is very polished and fun to play, even though I don't really care for too many custom games (I'm addicted to the 1v1 games) I'm looking forward to playing it again.

MrMister, I know it's releasing tonight but just wanted to add a couple of comments. The tips section is great in giving an overview of the game but is there any way to show some of the main objectives/tips while the game is loading (or in the description of the game while in the lobby)? Getting a game under your belt definitely helps with learning the ropes but it was a bit overwhelming with trying to read through the tips while the action was going down. But this is something I guess every custom game has to deal with, but since your game is so detailed and fleshed out any little bit helps. There are a couple of other things but they are very minor and not worth noting unless you're interested.

Does the difficulty scale accordingly to the amount of people playing? Anyways, very nicely polished and looking forward to playing with friends, it's almost like what you would expect of a co-op mission from the campaign, which is awesome.

IceMarker

fatty said:
Thanks, Corran. Was able to message MrMister in the Neogaf chat and he hooked me up.

Hey guys, if you haven't had a chance to check out Shadow Assault 2, I'd urge you to give it a shot. Game is very polished and fun to play, even though I don't really care for too many custom games (I'm addicted to the 1v1 games) I'm looking forward to playing it again.

MrMister, I know it's releasing tonight but just wanted to add a couple of comments. The tips section is great in giving an overview of the game but is there any way to show some of the main objectives/tips while the game is loading (or in the description of the game while in the lobby)? Getting a game under your belt definitely helps with learning the ropes but it was a bit overwhelming with trying to read through the tips while the action was going down. But this is something I guess every custom game has to deal with, but since your game is so detailed and fleshed out any little bit helps. There are a couple of other things but they are very minor and not worth noting unless you're interested.

Does the difficulty scale accordingly to the amount of people playing? Anyways, very nicely polished and looking forward to playing with friends, it's almost like what you would expect of a co-op mission from the campaign, which is awesome.

Thanks for your input, this map took me 3 months to complete (Compared to the 3 weeks it took to finish 1.0 of the original Shadow Assault). I've squashed many bugs and at the moment the Tips are the easiest way for me to get people up to speed for now, I will implement a cinematic system along with SA1's 3.0 update that will help new players pick up the game faster. Most of the bugs when you played have been squashed, the map is slightly more challenging, and indeed the difficulty does scale with how many players there are.

I hope you all look forward to playing it!
Because it has been already released as of this post, I'll make a formal post after I get back from work, enjoy guys! ;)

fatty

Deadman said:
Semi finals and final of this weeks TL Open are about to start with the games being casted by djwheat and day9.

Semi finals:

Zeerax vs Strelok
qxc vs select

Then after/during they will announce the korean zerg invites for tsl3. Word is they are quite good.

I will edit in a link to the stream when it is up. http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/TeamLiquidTV

Its about to start.

Very good first TvT game between Qxc and Select. Hope they get some Protoss action in there.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
STRIKE CANNONS
STRIKE CANNONS
STRIKE CANNONS
STRIKE CANNONS
STRIKE CANNONS
STRIKE CANNONS
STRIKE CANNONS
STRIKE CANNONS
STRIKE CANNONS

have you ever strike cannoned a zergling? soooo goood

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Corran Horn said:
Thats how it starts. Then your all moe.
Your objection, young prodigal, is typical. As is your inability to comprehend the greater scheme of things. You can destroy all of the moe~ here. It will do you no good. For I have seeded moe~ within many, many gaffers. You will never find them all before they awaken... And when they do... your universe will be changed... forever.

fatty

Who in the heck is ZeeRax?!?

He's my new favorite player, that's who.

From his 45APM and not hotkeying any of his buildings except his two Nexuses, and only one hotkey for all his units yet he dominated. Wow, very impressive.

Deadman

Idra ret and haypro are guaranteed. Wonder who the other 2 are, nestea and july if i could pick anyone. Nestea and fruitdealer more likely.

Corran Horn

Idra, haypro, and ret.

Guess the last 2 are obvious but would prefer some koreans from the korean invites lol

Nice, Fruitdealer too

zlatko

Banned
fatty said:
Who in the heck is ZeeRax?!?

He's my new favorite player, that's who.

From his 45APM and not hotkeying any of his buildings except his two Nexuses, and only one hotkey for all his units yet he dominated. Wow, very impressive.

Was this eat early game or late game? How the hell does he warp in units without a gateway hot key?

fatty

:(

Qxc really exploited ZeeRax's build on that last game, uphill climb from here on out. It'll be interesting to see how ZeeRax responds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom