• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadman

The eu top 200 came out today and this is the top 10

1: (P)KiWiKaKi
2: (T)Kas
3: (P)SaSe
4: (Z)DIMAGA
5: (Z)DarKFoRcE
6: (Z)MorroW
7: (P)InSo
8: (T)ClouD
9: (R)TLO
10:(T)ThorZaIN

3 Terran, 3 Protoss, 3 Zerg, 1 Random.

Game is perfectly balanced.

And the catz mass queens games were awesome, particularly ultra/queen.

Keikaku

Just started watching the Funday Monday and I've got a big grin on my face from all the potshots that Day9 is taking at Artosis and Idra's new show. Awesome :D

a176

Banned
Hazaro said:
He's finally pointed out that Queens are good.
Laddering going to be so much harder now.

It's not like a 175hp mineral only unit with no weakness that is a spell caster, takes no larva, tanks, heals, has great AA, and can be made all the time is bad.

On the other hand I'm very excited to see a good player actually use them well.

im sorry, do you play as zerg?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
a176 said:
im sorry, do you play as zerg?
Tongue in cheek with the regulars here.

Obviously early ghost builds are the way to go with EMP and mass snipe now

*And Ro4 MSL has 4 Zergs. Talk about imba race.

Cheeto said:
Basically something like, "look at this asshole protoss, he's building a pylon on 9 and he'll most likely end up with that unbalanced colossy unit that artosis and idra hate so much" --cut to day9, srsly? face

I turned their show off shortly after the Col complaints, which seemed ridiculous considering how rarely they matter in GSL matches; protoss get their ass beat unless they're MC, and when they do win it's not because of Col balls of death.

Horrible presentation values too; I might have accepted that during the beta, but now...no. Get some gameplay footage or something, jeez

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
So Zergs, what do you think of Ling/Infestor/Ultra in ZvT? Tried a few games tonight and it worked well, but I wasn't exactly playing the best compeition. Pretty hilarious to just mind control all of the Terrans higher tech units and run in with a million Lings.

V_Arnold

Ikuu said:
So Zergs, what do you think of Ling/Infestor/Ultra in ZvT? Tried a few games tonight and it worked well, but I wasn't exactly playing the best compeition. Pretty hilarious to just mind control all of the Terrans units and run in with a million Lings.

Just make sure you got a reserve spire in case he decides it is mass BC time. Otherwise, GETTING to ultras is the hard part, not winning with it, if you do not go into unwinnable situations (mass planetary for example, etc.)

Ikuu

I don't see how getting to Ultras is that hard to be honest, once you get your Infestors out you can hold off pretty decent attacks. Not sure how a Terran would be able to mass BC without you knowing either.

Cheeto

Hazaro said:
Tongue in cheek with the regulars here.

Obviously early ghost builds are the way to go with EMP and mass snipe now

*And Ro4 MSL has 4 Zergs. Talk about imba race.
Early ghost builds better than no ghost builds amirite?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Deadman said:
The eu top 200 came out today and this is the top 10

1: (P)KiWiKaKi
2: (T)Kas
3: (P)SaSe
4: (Z)DIMAGA
5: (Z)DarKFoRcE
6: (Z)MorroW
7: (P)InSo
8: (T)ClouD
9: (R)TLO
10:(T)ThorZaIN

3 Terran, 3 Protoss, 3 Zerg, 1 Random.

Game is perfectly balanced.

And the catz mass queens games were awesome, particularly ultra/queen.

it may be balanced in europe but we all know that terran is OP everywhere else

V_Arnold

Ikuu said:
I don't see how getting to Ultras is that hard to be honest, once you get your Infestors out you can hold off pretty decent attacks. Not sure how a Terran would be able to mass BC without you knowing either.

I get it, you have S rank scouting :D The "you have the wanted unit composition" is not a describing factor of what your opponent has. How many bases, etc.

Ikuu

V_Arnold said:
I get it, you have S rank scouting :D The "you have the wanted unit composition" is not a describing factor of what your opponent has. How many bases, etc.
You'd have not scout after the first 5 minutes to notice him massing BCs.

twofold

Ikuu said:
So Zergs, what do you think of Ling/Infestor/Ultra in ZvT? Tried a few games tonight and it worked well, but I wasn't exactly playing the best compeition. Pretty hilarious to just mind control all of the Terrans higher tech units and run in with a million Lings.

I'm pretty undecided about it.

When I used to play ling/infestor/ultra, I used to open 15 hatch, 15 pool going for an early lair and an infestation pit with the energy upgrade out as soon as possible. Once I had 3-4 infestors, I'd grab a third, upgrade the Lair to a Hive, grab double evos and start upgrading everything I could. 1/1 Cracklings are surprisingly powerful and can be used to deny a third.

My problem here was that a push would kill me, but I think dropping a Roach Warren would be the smartest thing to do, leaving a Zergling, Roach, Infestor composition with Ultras to follow once the third is up and running.

At that point, Ultra drop their base.

If I get the chance, I'm definitely going to mess around with ling/infestor/ultra more. It's more fun to play than the standard Muta harass, imo.

To get a good idea of the timings, check out this (rather old) game of Idra's where he goes ling/infestor/ultra - http://sc2casts.com/cast1146-IdrA-vs-Seoyeonji-1-Game-No-Event-Pro-Matchup

Ikuu

I've been playing it similar to how Mr Bitter was explaining it, basically open pool or hatch first and just use the one gas until lair, and then grab the other 3, and then drop double evo and infestation pit. The way he was playing it was basically grab upgrades as soon as you can, get Hive much faster than you normally would and then grab Ultras.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
I turned their show off shortly after the Col complaints, which seemed ridiculous considering how rarely they matter in GSL matches; protoss get their ass beat unless they're MC, and when they do win it's not because of Col balls of death.
you know, if you had watched it to the end, you might have known that their conclusion was that the colli probably wasnt unbalanced and if it was nerfed for the purposes of diversifyng protoss tech, other units would have to be buffed to compensate.

but nah, lets just lol because the players talking are zergs.

twofold

Ikuu said:
I've been playing it similar to how Mr Bitter was explaining it, basically open pool or hatch first and just use the one gas until lair, and then grab the other 3, and then drop double evo and infestation pit. The way he was playing it was basically grab upgrades as soon as you can, get Hive much faster than you normally would and then grab Ultras.

Sounds good.

Just make sure to build Ultras pre-emptively. Because of their ridiculously long build time, you have to build them way in advance of an enemy attack else you'll be rolled over.

Pandaman said:
you know, if you had watched it to the end, you might have known that their conclusion was that the colli probably wasnt unbalanced and if it was nerfed for the purposes of diversifyng protoss tech, other units would have to be buffed to compensate

seriously though, zvp is the dumbest, most one dimensional matchup there is right now thanks to colossi basically LOLing at everything on the ground and forcefields adding insult to injury.

Colossus always makes me feel like Zerg is short a ground unit. Maybe it's just me not being good with fungal growth or whatever I need but all of the short range units become such a hassle to control against a colossus and like, 2 forcefields.

Aquavelvaman said:
Colossus always makes me feel like Zerg is short a ground unit. Maybe it's just me not being good with fungal growth or whatever I need but all of the short range units become such a hassle to control against a colossus and like, 2 forcefields.

well you do want corruptors to deal with the colossi.

yay being forced down a tech path that is good against a single unit in the toss' army composition.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
well you do want corruptors to deal with the colossi.

yay being forced down a tech path that is good against a single unit in the toss' army composition.
atleast they dont get oneshot the second the templar archives finishes anymore.

Pandaman said:
you know, if you had watched it to the end, you might have known that their conclusion was that the colli probably wasnt unbalanced and if it was nerfed for the purposes of diversifyng protoss tech, other units would have to be buffed to compensate.

but nah, lets just lol because the players talking are zergs.

Couldn't last the entire vid looking at pasty nerds staring into a camera breh

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
nilbog21 said:
anyone listening to State of the Game?

they had the CEO from MLG. really fucking interesting o_ O

Gotta finish the bombcast first. Also, I'm waiting for JP to upload the pre-show.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
nilbog21 said:
anyone listening to State of the Game?

they had the CEO from MLG. really fucking interesting o_ O

Not live, but will be dl ing it the moment it's up to take to work in 3 hours (hope it's up before then!)

awesome. i love when they have a proper guest on

YakiSOBA

new fav 4v4 strategy: mass phoenixes... dont.ever.stop.making.phoenixes!

IF you're allies are any half decent, easy win :p let your allies deal with any mass bio, rush in and pick up everything else.... stalkers, tanks, immortals, you name it!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
YakiSOBA said:
new fav 4v4 strategy: mass phoenixes... dont.ever.stop.making.phoenixes!

IF you're allies are any half decent, easy win :p let your allies deal with any mass bio, rush in and pick up everything else.... stalkers, tanks, immortals, you name it!
Works in 2v2 also.

Back in beta 12 rax marine + mass phoenix was the best trolling build.

Haunted

*marks calendar*

Pandaman said:
JINRO' JOINING EG!
Incontrol and Idra joining TL

Corran Horn said:
jinro to quit sc2 and ascend into heaven.
n5DEr.jpg

Keikaku

Just won my first game against a Gold league player while playing as Zerg. He wasn't the best Z, but it was still a helluva rush. Now to dig myself out of silver and ascend the ladder again.

Playing Zerg is a totally different experience than any other side I've ever played in any RTS. The early game feels like I'm living right on the edge; the mid to late game feels like "come at me bro" as the enemy just fritters away their supply while you remax/respec.

I've still got a lot to learn about playing them, but damn do Zerg feel good.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
announcing panda's zerg coaching:
-will coach any gaf zerg
-low price of committing to watching one season of magical girl lyrical nanoha.

>____>
ill learn you good.

Kotaku has an article up on FruitDealer:

http://kotaku.com/#!5755644/the-worlds-most-delicious-starcraft-ii-player-offers-you-tasty-fruit

It's actually sorta good, but nothing we don't know.

Ikuu

Pandaman said:
-will coach any gaf zerg

>____>
ill learn you good.
How about watching just the one episode?

Cheeto

Pandaman said:
-will coach any gaf zerg

>____>
ill learn you good.
Can you teach me brotoss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom