• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
Aquavelvaman said:
If you click on the mineral line from your hatch it will rally workers to the mineral and then you can click again anywhere else and it will rally fighting units to that point. Hatcheries get two rally points! Don't confuse your first egg's rally with your hatch's rally like I do at the start of pretty much every game.

So when starting a game, or when I make a new hatchery as I expand, I should left click hatch, right click the line. Then left click the hatch, then right click where I want my units rallied. No shift key needed or anything weird right?

As for the first egg, when you start a game will you have to make the first drone you make manually go to the line, and then the ones after will not be needed, or can you make the first drone also go to the line without manually picking the eggs rally point ?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
zlatko said:
As a Zerg is there a way to make it so anytime I make drones they automatically go to the mineral line, or do I always have to make the cocoons aim to the line as I make them?

I was hoping there is a way to use the hatchers like you would Terran buildings to set up the rallies for units here, and when I make drones to auto go to the line. If that makes any sense.

I noticed sometimes you get a white line or a red line and wasn't sure what that means, and thought maybe that's what that is.

Your so cute!
oLh4P.gif

When you're setting up hatch rally points you can just select the hatch, right click mineral, right click unit point. You don't have to left click the hatch in between.

As for the start of the game I always just immediately select the hatch, SD to make a drone, then move my starting workers to the mineral, then rally my hatch to the mineral for worker and a forward position for the first real units. Unless you specifically tell an egg to go somewhere it will follow the most recent rally, not the one that existed when you created the egg.
In other words you make your first drone, set your rally for your workers and units from your hatch, and that first drone will go to the right place, you don't have to micro the egg individually.

I micro every overlord egg individually though so I can that get sneaky sneaky map vision.

Jeff-DSA

I joined the GAF sc2ranks.com page.

BRONZE REPRESENT!

If anybody wants to add me as a friend from the Gold down to Bronze leagues as a practice buddy, I'm game.

zlatko

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Your so cute!
oLh4P.gif

tumblr_lf5sj1Ztp81qf8yek.gif

^^; Thanks.

:( Sorry I know my Zerg information is like the opposite of gosu. I mean yesterday I just learned about the warp gates being selectable with Y on grid hot keys. Mind was blown. I have a LONG ways to go in learning for this game, but I fill my brain everyday with more and more. This is my first RTS too. I learn fast, but this game is deep as crap. I read about a guide a day or watch a video tutorial on something everyday, and constantly hit up streams. I play, and keep putting in a lot of effort, and hopefully months from now it pays off. If not at least I'll have a lot of fun during that time. :p

I guess maybe a guide I didn't stumble upon is what all the keys can do. xD

Mystery

So. I was playing against a zerg, and he stole my gas. I pretended to 4-gate until I could get my second gas, then cancelled 2 of the gateways after I killed his scouting drone. I then proceeded to get 4 Phoenices. When my phoenices were on the way to his base, this happened.

pjyQo.png

He tried to counter-attack me, but I had a decent gateway army at my base, and I used some probes to fend off the attack while my air force killed both his queens, a bunch of overlords, and started on the drones. Eventually, I made 2 void rays, had a few warp cycles of stalkers and walked over him.

This happens next.

m35UC.png

4fudq.png

XSYSS.png

So then I proceed to have some fun with him, by propositioning him this question:

2OidQ.png

When he realizes I was trolling him, he gets all huffy and internet tough guy on me again.

1aVyW.png

He refused to quit out, so I just made some zealots and danced them in front of his "hidden" hatchery for 10 minutes, then killed him.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
So when starting a game, or when I make a new hatchery as I expand, I should left click hatch, right click the line. Then left click the hatch, then right click where I want my units rallied. No shift key needed or anything weird right?
yep.

they're overruled by eggrallies too, so you'll always have units going where you want em.

As for the first egg, when you start a game will you have to make the first drone you make manually go to the line, and then the ones after will not be needed, or can you make the first drone also go to the line without manually picking the eggs rally point ?
units will follow the most up to date rally at time of spawn unless it is an egg rally.

Keikaku

Pandaman said:
so... >:D

have you decided?

1 week more of time is all I ask before I submit to the moe. I've got some classwork to do and I'm not quite ready to clog my local interweb tube with Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha right now.

Aylinato

so, marine arena is pretty boring, and after a few weeks of attempting some other strategy other than upgrading damage, the only thing that works...is upgrading damage. It is a stale custom game, and I do not see why people enjoy such a crappy game that has only one viable strategy. Also, tier 2 mercenaries in that game need to be nerfed as tier 3 ones cannot counter them. I mean, wtf is the point of higher tier units that CANT kill anything from tier 2. Yet tier 1.5 units get slaughtered by tier 2 units by the handful. It is so frustrating as every game boils down to marines and stalkers, I never see anyone able to win but marines stalkers. Every once and awhile I'll see hybrids and stalkers. Firebats are useless, banelings are good, but they need to be buffed as to counter stalkers as banelings are tier 2 unit(and cost money. They are cost efficient, but there is no counter except the stupid hybrids. The only viable tier 3 unit is the goliath, which is amazing against air units, but does not counter any of the tier 2 units in a reliable way. Tier 3 units(air units) all get destroyed by freakin' tier 2 units, and are hard countered by them as well. The hero units are rather weak, except the colosi late late game(in combination with a thor). As well as it's hard as hell to micro any units as it's just a mass fest(I'm picking on this point as it's a game that says it's a micro game). Armored units can't kill anything, although high shielded units do pretty well vs things(but that is a stalker build as well).

In total, it's stale, uninteresting, and needs better alternative strategies to be fun.

P.S. MrMr, love your maps

::EDIT:: I also have a 54.12% win rate in 4v4 (probably going to get promoted if I play some more)

::EDIT2:: where is everyone?

datruth29

HI GUYS!

I just added myself to sc2ranks, I feel special on the inside now :p

So, I'm currently trying out Zerg, and I've been doing that 6 roach rush mostly to practice on my mechanics. I feel like I'm getting up to speed with larva injects, army management, Roach and Ling control, and so on (could definitely use some more work on the Ling control as well as Larva injects, but definitely better then when I started). I think I'm ready to start managing two bases, along with learning to work with Tier two units (mainly being able to control lings/blings/mutas competently). Andddd I was wondering a couple of things:

1) What's a good BO for developing ling/bling/muta play?

and

2) I don't have any training partners because my real life friends suck huge monkey balls and don't play SC2. Is there anybody looking for a Zerg training partner to spar with?? :D

I'm currently ranked at Gold with a score of 1227 and would love to be more active in the NeoGaf Starcraft community, so in a sense, this is kinda my introduction :D

ultron87

Aylinato said:
tis Monday, so no weekend, and I meant on the forums lol

I'm busy participating in glorious forum battles in other threads. And by glorious, I mean dumb. But at least they pass the time at work.

fatty

datruth29 said:
HI GUYS!

I just added myself to sc2ranks, I feel special on the inside now :p

So, I'm currently trying out Zerg, and I've been doing that 6 roach rush mostly to practice on my mechanics. I feel like I'm getting up to speed with larva injects, army management, Roach and Ling control, and so on (could definitely use some more work on the Ling control as well as Larva injects, but definitely better then when I started). I think I'm ready to start managing two bases, along with learning to work with Tier two units (mainly being able to control lings/blings/mutas competently). Andddd I was wondering a couple of things:

1) What's a good BO for developing ling/bling/muta play?

and

2) I don't have any training partners because my real life friends suck huge monkey balls and don't play SC2. Is there anybody looking for a Zerg training partner to spar with?? :D

I'm currently ranked at Gold with a score of 1227 and would love to be more active in the NeoGaf Starcraft community, so in a sense, this is kinda my introduction :D

Welcome aboard! If you ever need a training partner (spar, practice builds, whatever) just let me know. I'm on the NA server: Fatty #546.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

ezrarh

day9 funday monday on! with the mass overseer strat. I should have lost that one game just for the chance of having my game on.

a176

Banned
ezrarh said:
day9 funday monday on! with the mass overseer strat. I should have lost that one game just for the chance of having my game on.

used to do this in beta when they had infested terran :>

IceMarker

lhTmT.png

Shadow Assault 2 has been updated! This patch is mainly polish and adds a few new features!

-- The Mission now fails when the 'Shadow Cage' has been destroyed
-- The Mine field warning is now more noticable
-- Added additional late-game Dominion spawn waves
-- Added new 'Hyper Magazine X' upgrade
-- Optimized some minor trigger performance issues
-- Increased Dominion Kill Team Marauder shields from 50 to 100
-- Adjusted Shadow Union spawn
-- Adjusted Healing Tower healing rates
-- Adjusted front door alarmist spawn
-- Adjusted enemy ambushes
-- Adjusted many in-game gameplay tips
TeamLiquid Thread

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hot damn MrMr.

2 more days til I can play it!

Don't wanna do it without my buddy whom we finished number one with a dozen or so times. the weekend must come sooner

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HolyCheck said:
like over a day ago. so slow (don't know what's in it, the patch notes were for the last patch when I dl'd it lastnight)
same version number as the ptr patch, so its probably all those bug fixes.

BigAT

Nothing of any real consequence. No new maps added with this patch.

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Patch 1.2.1

General

Matchmaking has been updated to better match players queuing with pre-made teams in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 brackets.
Bug Fixes

General
Fixed an issue where the title of a conversation window was scaling rather than truncating.
Fixed an issue where the Match History score screen was displaying "Null" for the map info for all games played before Patch 1.2.
Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players to be improperly disconnected from a game.
(Mac) Fixed an issue that would cause the Control key to become stuck when holding Control and minimizing the game window, then going back to the game window and attempting to use Control+1 to create a control group.
Maps
Fixed an issue with foliage that would die and become visible through the fog of war when a player spawned as zerg.
StarCraft II Editor
Fixed an issue where copied-and-pasted units were not set to the correct height in-game.
Fixed an issue where the table view scroll-bar position was reset when switching objects.
Fixed an issue where secondary sort priorities were not working properly. Model name is now the secondary sort so that models are listed in alphabetical order after being sorted by the mod they are contained in.

LakeEarth

"Fixed an issue with foliage that would die and become visible through the fog of war when a player spawned as zerg."

A minor but needed fix.

Deadman

Ikuu said:
Sounds like Blizzard might be adding the GSL maps to 1v1: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2089109914#17

I really wish they would do what was suggested on SotG and have a massive pool and let people select what they want, or have playlists that people can choose, but I don't see that happening.

I really liked the playlist idea too.

The thing is once gsl march starts almost every korean who cares about the game even a little bit will have the 3 maps removed from gsl crossed off, no matter what their race. I assume there is stat tracking going on behind the scenes so they have to recognise people really want to play on whatever maps gsl is using at that moment.

Can anyone explain to me how I can still be in Silver despite that fact that I have been #1 for the last 2 months and I have been consistently beating Golds and Diamonds. Meanwhile one of my friends who just got the game a month ago and has a 1/3 win loss ratio is diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom