• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Banned
TheThunder said:
Dear god no :lol

Those two miss so much during game it's ridiculous.

Let's keep them in youtube where they belong.

I love HD and Huskies videos. True Day9 is better but they are still perfectly capable. They got me into e-sports to begin with.

LakeEarth

I hate how Day 9 will spend an hour on a replay and then not even show the ending. I know that wasn't the point of the daily, but I still want to see it!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Won said:
I feel kinda bad for GOMtv. Europe/USA is so much more tempting for the players than code A at the moment....
GSL is pretty much always going to be the highest tier of competition so they shouldn't lose too many subscribers. You're still going to have foreigners coming over and wanting to give it a shot.
LakeEarth said:
I hate how Day 9 will spend an hour on a replay and then not even show the ending. I know that wasn't the point of the daily, but I still want to see it!
The problem with Day9 is he takes an hour to explain something that should take 20minutes.

ultron87

Won said:
I feel kinda bad for GOMtv. Europe/USA is so much more tempting for the players than code A at the moment....

Well it's entirely within GOM's abilities to make Code A into a not joke tournament in terms of prize money.

Darklord said:
I love HD and Huskies videos. True Day9 is better but they are still perfectly capable. They got me into e-sports to begin with.
Believe it or not, me too.

I started watching HD and Husky videos almost at the start of the beta and I got hooked, but then I discovered Day 9 and then Artosis and Tasteless and it became pretty hard to go back and watch them, because I'll be watching the minimap and their is a big drop going on and Husky will miss it because he's focusing on some probe running circles around itself and trying to say something funny.

I agree with what someone here said (which was also said in one of the SoTG) Both have their place in SC2 and both are huge in their place, but that doesn't mean they are good tournament casters tbh (and MLG clearly showed that).

I don't have problems with both of them existing in the scene, they help to bring more people in (like me), So more power to them.

Won said:

Korea is also fucked up when it comes to tournaments. How is it good to have one HUGE tournament every month but if you dropped down early you just sit on your ass for a month until the next one because there are no other tournaments going on.

Every time I go to TL.net and look at the bar on the right there is always some random tournament going on, sure it's not as big as the GSL or TSL3 but at least it's something.

Q8D3vil

The problem with Day9 is he takes an hour to explain something that should take 20minutes.
the problem with day9 daily that he spend 30 minute talking about how sc effected his life.

if we are talking about game knowledge i found that artosis is the best, tlo and day9 are the runner up guys.

please don't relate hd to husky, hd is way better than husky because he play the ladder and understand some of the strategies unlike husky. but i agree that both are good for the sc2 newcomers (they got me into sc2 :) ).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Q8D3vil said:
the problem with day9 daily that he spend 30 minute talking about how sc effected his life.
I havnt watched him much alot recently but he does seem, from what I seen lately, become much more aware of his e-fame and promoting himself. But oh well its his show and it gets tons of viewers. Im in the group that does not like funday monday. Im more interested in watching for education purpose than for fun. I still love to watch his old BW dailies because he goes so much in depth over simple stuff like maps and locations you want to be and reasoning for expansions.

My problem with Day9 recently is that everything he casts could be done in 20-30 minutes, instead of the 50+ minute videos he constantly does. Sometimes I just want to watch a regular cast, or a cast focusing on some strategy. But then again, most of the time I'm either watching a replay I downloaded or 2 Weeks with the Pros, which is the best show imo (but is even longer than Day9's vids)

oook now people are mixing up the Day 9 daily with Day 9 casting.

Day 9 daily = a Show on the internet about trying to become a better Starcraft player.

Day 9 casting = when Day 9 cast tournaments like other casters with no pauses or rewinding (since it's live anyway) e.g. MLG, IEM, Dreamhack... etc.

Criticizing the daily format or how much he pauses and rewinds is different from criticizing Day 9 regular casting.

TheThunder said:
oook now people are mixing up the Day 9 daily with Day 9 casting.

Day 9 daily = a Show on the internet about trying to become a better Starcraft player.

Day 9 casting = when Day 9 cast tournaments like other casters with no pauses or rewinding (since it's live anyway) e.g. MLG, IEM, Dreamhack... etc.

Criticizing the daily format or how much he pauses and rewinds is different from criticizing Day 9 regular casting.

I know. I already said he was the best caster, I'm not criticizing him. Just pointing out I'm not a fan of the daily, as compared to some other shows. It's obviously good and very informative, but sometimes you might just want to watch a cast, or download a replay or whatever.

V_Arnold

PhoenixDark said:
I know. I already said he was the best caster, I'm not criticizing him. Just pointing out I'm not a fan of the daily, as compared to some other shows. It's obviously good and very informative, but sometimes you might just want to watch a cast, or download a replay or whatever.

Luckily, it is just an option.
There is nothing to criticize it in that regards, it is the only deep and "coaching for free" content out there, so I am very happy that day9 keeps doing that.

PhoenixDark said:
Yeah, I get what are you saying but it's not right to compare Day 9 daily show to the GSL show for example. Both of them seek different goals, one is educational and the other is more sports like broadcast.

A more valid compression is Day 9 at the last IEM to the GSL.

Corran Horn said:
People? person.

Yeah, hyperbolic but I didn't want to single out Phoenix :p

TheThunder said:
Yeah, I get what are you saying but it's not right to compare Day 9 daily show to the GSL show for example. Both of them seek different goals, one is educational and the other is more sports like broadcast.

A more valid compression is Day 9 at the last IEM to the GSL.

Not comparing it to GSL or any other tournament cast. I'm talking more about the SC2 shows from Husky, Psy, HD, 12 Weeks with the Pros etc. I realized his daily is quite different from Husky's thing for instance, my point is simply that sometimes you just want to watch a cast of a game, or a cast of a game/strat. Psy's cast is often focused on specific strategies, and HD has done some of those too (haven't visited his page in awhile though).

It's less of a criticism than a preference.

PhoenixDark said:
Not comparing it to GSL or any other tournament cast. I'm talking more about the SC2 shows from Husky, Psy, HD, 12 Weeks with the Pros etc. I realized his daily is quite different from Husky's thing for instance, my point is simply that sometimes you just want to watch a cast of a game, or a cast of a game/strat. Psy's cast is often focused on specific strategies, and HD has done some of those too (haven't visited his page in awhile though).

It's less of a criticism than a preference.
The only one of those that is similar to the daily is Psy regular cast, Husky and HD are more of a broadcast like the GSL only its replays.

All in all it comes down to preference obviously, but I think the original argument was about casters in a tournament like environment, that's why I didn't know what was the daily doing here.

Finally !!

That should make everything better now since it will be easier to practice on the GSL maps + this almost guarantees that these maps will be standard for a while in tournaments.

I love Tal'Darim Altar and Terminus RE.

Ikuu

twofold said:
rk1vn4.gif

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Well Korea needs a rival company to compete with GSL but with GOM owning the rights to distribute esports of Blizzard games in Korea, that will be really hard unless GOM develops seperate leagues.

farnham

Banned
code A is supposed to be harsh as the ro8 of code A gets a shot at code S. and code S status means a steady income even if you drop out early (provided you win in the up and down matches)

its kinda like the No.1 and No.2 concept from Afro Samurai
Corran Horn said:
Well Korea needs a rival company to compete with GSL but with GOM owning the rights to distribute esports of Blizzard games in Korea, that will be really hard unless GOM develops seperate leagues.
well since OGN and MBCGame are just maintaining their KesPa love it wont happen in the near future

Spl1nter

MrMister said:
How is Scogoth not approved, but all these other Juniors get in? lol

Incorrectly typed out his email address. .ca is not interchangeable with .com. I sent a message to evilore earlier today.

zlatko

Banned
Enemy Terran goes mass Thor.

I make Mass roaches and infestors.

Armies clash.

All your thors are belong to us.

QQ from Terran.

:D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spl1nter said:
Incorrectly typed out his email address. .ca is not interchangeable with .com. I sent a message to evilore earlier today.
lol fail.

that screwed me over back when i had a yahoo.ca email and then they switched to ca.yahoo.com

Ikuu

I take back what I said team games can be fun, especially when you just roll the other team single handedly, just going Terran and making nothing but Marines and Medivacs!

IceMarker

Ikuu said:
I take back what I said team games can be fun, especially when you just roll the other team single handedly, just going Terran and making nothing but Marines and Medivacs!
Massing units wins you team games? SHOCKER

zlatko

Banned
Ikuu said:

It's even better when your other team mates quit right in the first 5 seconds of the game...literally. Then you can control all 3 bases, of 3 races. They'll want to rush you ASAP, but since you're already on 3 base you can mass up units.

I had one game exactly like this. They were stupid enough of to leave me alone for too long and I had teched up to collasi and a big death ball. They came, got mauled, and I took my ball and rolled all of their bases.

They managed to beat me right at the end by attacking my base while I was out destroying what little they had left.... they found my last pylon. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom