• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

Just to let you guys know I'll be updating Nuclear Arcade tonight with 'powerups'

The excitement is overwhelming I know keep it to yourselves

--

EDIT: And now it has been updated!

Vaporak

Spl1nter said:
2 Thor Rushes are a lot weak now because of the change in scv priority when repairing. However, polt timing attack and iechoic 1-1-2 build are still strong.

2 Thor rush is still a better 1 baseing strategy than 3rax is even after the nerf. 3Rax is just really bad as far as Terran's Openers go.

Played a fair bit today, i did ok in my ZvP and ZvT but i really struggled with ZvZ (which was my most common match). I think i went something like 1 or 2 wins to about 8 or 9 losses.

I really have no idea what im doing.

Gandie

I got placed in Silver League after my Placement Matches and after struggling to beat any of the opponenents the game threw at me, I'm starting to pick up the pace and moving up in my division. Playing this game 1v1 is extremly exhausting for me, but that makes the feeling of having beat someone even better.

zlatko

Banned
LeadGandalf said:
I got placed in Silver League after my Placement Matches and after struggling to beat any of the opponenents the game threw at me, I'm starting to pick up the pace and moving up in my division. Playing this game 1v1 is extremly exhausting for me, but that makes the feeling of having beat someone even better.

I can only usually play 10-15 ladder games before I have to tap out. Win or lose I just feel like my brain melts once I reach that point.

Good places for information are:

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Main_Page

www.teamliquid.net

Really that's all I use for written resources. Youtube wise check out HDstarcrafts channel, to find his playlists which has race specific video tutorials that are worth watching.

Also, without question watching day9 will benefit you in some way. Either with knowledge, entertainment, or even more love and appreciation for the game.

day9tv.blip.tv

That will let you check out his video archives. If you need any specific things you want to get better at, like hot keys, build orders, etc let people on here know and we can probably link you to a great day9 daily where he goes over it to help you out.

Hope this helps you two newer guys who may feel a bit lost.

Gandie

zlatko said:
I can only usually play 10-15 ladder games before I have to tap out. Win or lose I just feel like my brain melts once I reach that point.

Good places for information are:

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Main_Page

www.teamliquid.net

Really that's all I use for written resources. Youtube wise check out HDstarcrafts channel, to find his playlists which has race specific video tutorials that are worth watching.

Also, without question watching day9 will benefit you in some way. Either with knowledge, entertainment, or even more love and appreciation for the game.

day9tv.blip.tv

That will let you check out his video archives. If you need any specific things you want to get better at, like hot keys, build orders, etc let people on here know and we can probably link you to a great day9 daily where he goes over it to help you out.

Hope this helps you two newer guys who may feel a bit lost.

Thank you for the links. I've actually been following Day9 and the GSL quite closely, (SC2 as an esport is the reason why I even built a gaming PC) it's more the mechanics and macro that I'm struggling with. I'm confident, that I'll probably get into Gold with constant practice.

Ohne%20Titel.png

fatty

AdventureRacing said:
Played a fair bit today, i did ok in my ZvP and ZvT but i really struggled with ZvZ (which was my most common match). I think i went something like 1 or 2 wins to about 8 or 9 losses.

I'm in the same boat as I've just switched over to Zerg. I feel more comfortable when I can get a macro game going (which is much more often against Toss and Terran) but against Zerg it seems like it is a rush to either mass lings or roaches, and my normal build of 15-Hatch, 14-Pool, 13-Gas really struggles. So now against Zerg I'm very hesitant to fast expand.

If you check out Mr. Bitter's VODs on teamliquid.net (thread is called '12 weeks with the pros'), he talks about this with LiquidRet on his ZvZ video on Foundations. But I'm still trying to learn timings.

Last night I stumbled on Mr.Bitter's VOD archive and there is also a video with Machine where they talk about adjusting from the 15-hatch build on smaller maps. I need to finish it tonight but I think the idea is to go 14-Pool, 14-Gas and pop out 6 zerglings and scout with your first two. Then build 6 roaches to block your ramp (staggered in two groups of three to counter banelings) while getting roach speed and more roaches to push out and then expand. I need to finish watching that though.

Right now, if I get that expansion too early against Zerg I have a hard time defending it, and knowing when to drone up or crank out units is still a struggle with me.

fatty

Ikuu said:
Wow, Dimaga showing off 16Hatch 15pool on Xel'naga, sounds so risky.

Hopefully it will be available as a VOD, Xelnaga Cavern is is one of the worst areas I have trouble with on fast expanding.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
AdventureRacing said:

14gas 13pool, make some lings to scout and see what he's doing and then expand, go 1base baneling or whatever.

Aylinato

so, why do people like artosis casting(I watched him cast during GSL over my spring break) and I must say, I love day9 way better (tasteless sucks imo, but thats cause I feel he just spouts out random stuff.) So, I guess I love DJwheat and Day9 casting duo best, so far, though I can't remember seeing husky cast any big events lately(what's he been up to?)

syllogism

Aylinato said:
so, why do people like artosis casting(I watched him cast during GSL over my spring break) and I must say, I love day9 way better (tasteless sucks imo, but thats cause I feel he just spouts out random stuff.) So, I guess I love DJwheat and Day9 casting duo best, so far, though I can't remember seeing husky cast any big events lately(what's he been up to?)
I love day9, but artosis is a better caster because he always voices his opinion on things while day9 maintains strict neutrality (that is to say, he rarely if ever criticizes play and even invents reasons for poor play), which can be quite dull

ultron87

Aylinato said:

Artosis is really really good at the analytical side of casting because he has a crazy amount of game knowledge. The more you watch GSL the more you'll notice how often he calls a player's build order just from seeing their opening. He can do this because he pretty much plays Starcraft all the time. So he has a pretty good sense of the current metagame.

I think Tasteless does a really good job as the play by play man. And his randomness is really good for filling up the times in the game where nothing is really happening.

And their chemistry as a duo is second to none.

Tntnnbltn

Quite enjoyed the Hannibal (T) vs Cezanne (Z) replays on HD's channel. In particular, the third game was very interesting.
Base race in the third, comes down to a single building. Start at 8:30 on the third video if you can't be bothered watching the rest.

Game 1, Game 2, Game 3

Won

Aylinato said:

People realized that Husky is awful, so no one hires him anymore.

Artosis is just the whole caster package. Voice, knowledge and all that.

Husky is decidedly not awful. He is the perfect way to get people less familiar with the game into it.

He has his place in the community and people need to accept that.

Meeru

Banned
No. Tasteless sucks. Artosis can do everything right. Starting a conversation, not letting his sentences mess up, this guy is good. Everyone else sucks

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
After watching all of these tournaments I have a hard time watching anyone casts games that are not for a tournament or for educational purpose.

I dunno, I rather watch a tournament with bad casters than HD/Husky/etc do good games I guess. I guess thats why I like watching psy sometimes because he goes into his decision makings at times.

IceMarker

Prissy said:
Aight.. I am finally an official member of Gaf ! Hopefully I will join the next tourney with u guys :)
Welcome!

Also, farming time to get up the popularity list by idling in dozens of games of Nuclear Arcade is shit, can't wait for 1.3.
Maybe a trailer will help.

EDIT: Seems Blizzard still has anti-idle still in effect. Looks like my map is frozen on 4 hours played if only I play it.

Spl1nter

MrMister said:
Welcome!

Also, farming time to get up the popularity list by idling in dozens of games of Nuclear Arcade is shit, can't wait for 1.3.

I will give you negative ratings so it will be even more shit

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Deadly said:
What big tournament has Husky done besides the HDH? I only know that he's casting a showmatch with Day9 at PAX though.
Umm he and HD, along with Day9, DJwheat, and JP casted the first MLG tournament.

Aylinato

Corran Horn said:
Umm he and HD, along with Day9, DJwheat, and JP casted the first MLG tournament.

day9+djwheat=amazing

(I do like artosis cause he's very knowledgeable, I just do not like only critical analysis of every move in a game, mostly only the critical ones)

I do enjoy HD's voice, and I was their stream a lot even when not on starcraft(though he sucks at FPSes lol)

Aylinato

LeadGandalf said:
By the way, if someone wants to play 2v2 or something sometimes, just add me

Gandie - 112

join the chat channel "neogaf" there's always someone on(watch out for splinter calling you casual, those non-casuals r so cliche' [lawls])

(i recommend playing with grind, he has a lot of team game experience behind him)

also! only 100 and some 30ish wins until I get mohander, then 500 left until artanis (i don't care for selendius as I don't like having girls as my game portrait, though she is epic)

IceMarker

Aylinato said:
MrMr what other custom-type maps do you plan on making?
Other than Shadow Assault 3 and some more melee maps? None at the moment, like I said I plan on supporting SA1, SA2, eventually SA3, and Nuclear Arcade throughout the year. I do have couple ideas though...

Spl1nter

Aylinato said:
join the chat channel "neogaf" there's always someone on(watch out for splinter calling you casual, those non-casuals r so cliche' [lawls])

well fine then, I wont play team games with you anymore.

Deadly

Corran Horn said:
Oh right I remember that. It was pretty bad though, HD and Husky looked so nervous. When it changed to Day9 and DJ Wheat/JP the difference was ridiculous.

YakiSOBA

Yo... okay how many bunkers would you say I need to defend early aggression?

Also, any tips on repairing? Serious question... I find by the time I get my scv's (which are all hotkeyed into a group for emergency repairing), I never get to the bunker on time to repair before it dies :(

Ive been trying to FE and try other non-3rax/4gate builds lately, but I get crushed each time around 6-7min when they roll in with timed pushes :(

Q8D3vil

Tntnnbltn said:
Quite enjoyed the Hannibal (T) vs Cezanne (Z) replays on HD's channel. In particular, the third game was very interesting.
Base race in the third, comes down to a single building. Start at 8:30 on the third video if you can't be bothered watching the rest.

Game 1, Game 2, Game 3
game 3 is awesome
terran future is full of raven's
Yo... okay how many bunkers would you say I need to defend early aggression?

Also, any tips on repairing? Serious question... I find by the time I get my scv's (which are all hotkeyed into a group for emergency repairing), I never get to the bunker on time to repair before it dies :(

Ive been trying to FE and try other non-3rax/4gate builds lately, but I get crushed each time around 6-7min when they roll in with timed pushes :(
first, it depend on the map
maps like xelnaga are really hard to do early fe build.
shattered temple and shakura are the easiest.
i suggest 2 rax into fe with 3 bunkers.
1 rax fast expand is really hard if your opponent is going with timing push.

Jokab

Won said:
People realized that Husky is awful, so no one hires him anymore.

Artosis is just the whole caster package. Voice, knowledge and all that.
As stated above, Husky is certainly not awful. While he isn't knowledgeable enough to cast any major tournaments, he gets the job done for anything below that. Many of my friends who aren't that into watching starcraft tournaments, but rather just random games for fun, like Husky over any other caster because he is so energetic.

Kinda funny seeing people shit on Husky while liking Tasteless, who's borderline horrible. He hasn't improved since the first GSL, and casting with Kelly in code A really has exposed his poor casting. Seems like a cool dude and everything, and I like the banter he gets into with Artosis but he's not good imo.

Day9 and Artosis are the best casters obviously, but Husky is certainly the best "color man" caster. I hope he's involved in NASL, alongside HD.

ultron87 said:
Well to be fair, Day9 + almost anyone = amazing.
True that

Best caster in the business. Knowledge, passion and great play by play

Day 9 fo life

Tastetosis is close second though. They many times these two made me laugh over something random is amazing :lol

Edit:
PhoenixDark said:
Day9 and Artosis are the best casters obviously, but Husky is certainly the best "color man" caster. I hope he's involved in NASL, alongside HD.

Dear god no :lol

Those two miss so much during game it's ridiculous.

Let's keep them in youtube where they belong.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Tasteless used to be a much better caster, it's pretty obvious he isn't as interested in SC2 as he was with BW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom