• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

YakiSOBA

What's everyones favorite 4v4 strategy? I love jumping on 4v4 when I'm a bit tired of laddering or don't want to do anything intense...

Terran:
Mass marines, stim, combat shield, 2/2 or 3/3 upgrades, medivacs = win 99% of the time as long as your team doesn't get massive cheese/rushed at the start.

Mass reapers, harass and snipe nexus/hatch/CC all game, allowing your partners to move ahead and win in the end

Zerg:
Mass speedlings, just run around controlling the map and harassing
Baneline drops are fun
Mass infestors in longer games, always fun taking control of enemy mass thors/collosus/etc :)

Toss:
surprisingly mass zealots + charge + upgrades are devastating
Mass stalkers
Void rays upgraded

Again, most of it is cheese or just for fun... not that i play 4v4 seriously, ever. lol :)

ultron87

Mass Blink Stalkers out of an absurd number of Warpgates is really fun in 4v4. Or FFA for that matter.

As is mass Archons. There are very few things a max supply Archon ball will lose to.

Aylinato

for protoss, i enjoy going HTs(en masse, sentries, zealots/immortals/stalkers) then I get hallucination and hallucinate collosi(everyone focuses those lol)

ultron87 said:
As is mass Archons. There are very few things a max supply Archon ball will beat.

Fixed. Archon balls suck due to their craptastic range, the only ball it will beat is a ball with the same range or worse. Hell 2 ghosts will beat an Archon ball of any size.

Deadman said:
MLG have edited shattered temple to remove the blink stalker imbalance.

MLG has been so good this year with maps. now let's just get rid of the extended series and it will pretty much be the perfect tournament.

JPs involvement is showing.

IceMarker

Well, I'll be gone for a few hours at my girlfriends house (Yes, sure, MsMister...) , I'll be home tonight around 8pm PST.

I have an update for Nuclear Arcade Beta before I leave, which fixes team powerups and introduces Score Attack Mode!
You're welcome Splinter.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MrMister said:
Well, I'll be gone for a few hours at my girlfriends house, I'll be home tonight around 8pm PST.

Before I leave I have an update for Nuclear Arcade Beta before I leave, which fixes team powerups and introduces Score Attack Mode!
You're welcome Splinter.

MrsMister!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrMister said:
Well, I'll be gone for a few hours at my girlfriends house (Yes, sure, MsMister...) , I'll be home tonight around 8pm PST.

I have an update for Nuclear Arcade Beta before I leave, which fixes team powerups and introduces Score Attack Mode!
You're welcome Splinter.
that girl in your basement finally gave in to stockholme syndrome, eh?

ultron87

MrMister said:

You're welcome Splinter.

There's no time MrMister!

And besides, just think how many girlfriends you'd have if Nuclear Arcade made it big. I'm pretty sure it would be at least 7.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I give up. pos game

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yoshichan said:
I give up. pos game
sk67L.png

just find your races ultra generic safe jack of all trades build order and master it and you could easily crush everyone at your level. dont focus on specializing when you haven't already capped out your macro.

TheExodu5

Banned
Meeru said:
whoa did he lost weight? :) He looks much better than what I used to see at day9 daily

The d9d doesn't show off the fact that he's huge and about 6'4".

edit: maybe he's shorter...I can't find a confirmation on his height.

edit2:

chekulk said:
Yeah I can confirm this, I'm 6'5'' and he was only slightly shorter than me when I met him at the King of the Beta Tournament.

edit3:

Apparently this is from a daily:
As of February 2nd, 2011 he is 6'3" 200lbs (after losing 22lbs in 5 weeks), or approximately 3lbs per inch.

SupaNaab

Is there any sort of competitive starcraft standards amongst most tournaments? Specifically hotkeys. Would a player be barred from using grid or custom hotkeys outside of the default setup?

Snow

SupaNaab said:
Is there any sort of competitive starcraft standards amongst most tournaments? Specifically hotkeys. Would a player be barred from using grid or custom hotkeys outside of the default setup?
I don't think any restrict hotkeys. I do remember some tournaments restricting what shader setting you can use, since low graphics with ultra shaders iirc negates a lot of the cloak effect.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No! Keep posting the moe <3

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Yoshichan said:
I give up. pos game

1) Buy a headset
2) Find a partner (perferablly someone you know IRL but don't matter)
3) Play 2v2 ladder
4) Have a shit ton of fun playing a more engaging mode that requires communication and coordination while simultaneously offering a multitude of new strategies (like Hydra Marauder Medivac).

kmc

YakiSOBA said:
What's everyones favorite 4v4 strategy? I love jumping on 4v4 when I'm a bit tired of laddering or don't want to do anything intense...

I only play 4 v 4. Let's create a super team so i can get into diamond finally!

I play as a platinum zerg on 4 v 4 and these are my favorite builds.

200 supply hydra roach army a moved into certain death only to build another 200 supply hydra/ roach army and destroy enemy base while they counter.

Fast brood lords also known as the "this is a really dumb idea" build. Works 60 % of the time irregardless and is a lot of fun.

Then theres there's the "wow my teammates suck and haven't built anything so i'll just burrow my army and contaminate buildings build"

Then there is the build i affectionately refer to as the Lethal Weapon. Build 1 unit of each type and send to enemy base on a solo mission 20 seconds apart. This confuses the enemy team and renders them passive for the rest of the match. Also known as the Mel Gibson. 60% success rate.

Anyways i'm grind:991. add me if you want to play! I would like to play more 2 v 2 now

kmc said:
I only play 4 v 4. Let's create a super team so i can get into diamond finally!

I play as a platinum zerg on 4 v 4 and these are my favorite builds.

200 supply hydra roach army a moved into certain death only to build another 200 supply hydra/ roach army and destroy enemy base while they counter.

Fast brood lords also known as the "this is a really dumb idea" build. Works 60 % of the time irregardless and is a lot of fun.

Then theres there's the "wow my teammates suck and haven't built anything so i'll just burrow my army and contaminate buildings build"

Then there is the build i affectionately refer to as the Lethal Weapon. Build 1 unit of each type and send to enemy base on a solo mission 20 seconds apart. This confuses the enemy team and renders them passive for the rest of the match. Also known as the Mel Gibson. 60% success rate.

Anyways i'm grind:991. add me if you want to play! I would like to play more 2 v 2 now

Have you tried mass muats in 4v4? Its incredible how much damage you can do. A lot of the time i just win the battle by myself by getting mutas.

kmc

AdventureRacing said:
Have you tried mass muats in 4v4? Its incredible how much damage you can do. A lot of the time i just win the battle by myself by getting mutas.

All joking aside, mass muta does very well in 4 v 4 most of the time and yes i use it often.

I've seen a lot of 4v4 teams just do a mega wall and gas feed the zerg so he has like 25 mutas at the 7 minute mark or something crazy like that. Seems good.

BigAT

Pandaman said:
http://i.imgur.com/sk67L.png[IMG]

just find your races ultra generic safe jack of all trades build order and master it and you could easily crush everyone at your level. dont focus on specializing when you haven't already capped out your macro.[/QUOTE]
Rule 34?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom