• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

s5vue.jpg

Nuclear Arcade, after two long weeks, is finally out of alpha and finally out of beta! To celebrate a trailer has been released along with the first full version of Nuclear Arcade! If you don't already know what Nuclear Arcade is, you obviously haven't been on the GAF chat channel while I'm online!

Map Stats
  • Name: Nuclear Arcade
  • Category: Custom
  • Mode: Nuclear Arcade
  • Version: 1.0
  • Region(s): NA
  • Players: 2-10 Recommended
Latest Changelog:

-- Added New Loading Screen
-- Increased frequency of Zerg Eggs
-- Adjusted Default Game Variant

Screenshots:
http://i.imgur.com/BeT5A.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CWYug.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qngh5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IUhCj.jpg

Links
Starcraft II Official Forums Thread
TeamLiquid Thread
SC2Mapster Thread

Thanks to everyone on GAF who supported my mapping habits!

I saw Sheth do the Ling/Baneling thing with Infestors.

Looked pretty good. He beat both Minigun and Optikzero.

What I like about it is your upgrades will benefit you in the late game with hive tech, since both Ultras and BL benefit from the ground melee and armor upgrade.

Aquavelvaman said:
I hate zvz
I hate zvz
I hate zvz

I just hate mirror matchups in general (did in SC1 as well).

For the most part now i am just getting quick zerglings and banelings and ending the match quickly.

The problem is that for some reason currently ZvZ is making up about 50-60% of my games (has stayed this way for the last 50 or so games).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TvT is fucking amazing
PvP is adorable
ZvZ is horrid

Ecto311

AdventureRacing said:
I only just found out you can do larvae injects by clicking on the minimap. This is going to make a massive difference to my macro.

I just found out you can right click the repair icon and have SCV on auto repair, I thought the same thing - I will be amazing now.

#1 in my bronze division

Spl1nter

AdventureRacing said:
I only just found out you can do larvae injects by clicking on the minimap. This is going to make a massive difference to my macro.

probably the worst way to do it. You can misclick and not notice. Just individually hot key your queens.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
AdventureRacing said:
eh. townhall key still seems to be the most efficient.

droopy

Spl1nter said:
probably the worst way to do it. You can misclick and not notice. Just individually hot key your queens.

But the game tells you when you miss a hatch. You can end up sending queens cross-map if the closest queen doesn't have enough energy though.

NukeDukem

Banned
Spl1nter said:

Backspace
select queen(s) on hotkey
press v
click hatch/lair/hive
backspace
press v
click hatch/lair/hive

you get the idea.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
NukeDukem said:
Backspace
press v
click hatch/lair/hive
backspace
press v
click hatch/lair/hive

you get the idea.

Make sure the energies are good though, or else the queen in your main just jogged out to your third.

Changing the townhall key to W has been great for me, except when I play a ffa as random for funzies and spawn as protoss and don't have a key for warpgates

The obvious thing that I just learned this week is that you can set burrowed banelings to auto-unburrow and kill dudes without even watching them. I don't think I've ever had burrow and banelings in the same game though >>

Spl1nter

droopy said:
But the game tells you when you miss a hatch. You can end up sending queens cross-map if the closest queen doesn't have enough energy though.

how does that possibly happen if you individually hotkey every queen. Its such a simple and fast process. 55v click 66v click 77v click. Allows you to specifically inject the hatch you want at any time throughout the game. As well you can check how much energy a queen has at any time throughout the game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
TvT always turns into a cold-war standoff, with both sides massing tanks and valkyries/scans going around trying to catch the other person off position.

zlatko

Banned
Not 100% sure what kind of rush Terran just did against me. Tons of marines and brought almost all his SCVS save like 3 maybe. I hold it off and then went to his base to roll him. He didn't even wall off his ramp. I think he just 3 raxed all in. What a stupid idea on cross map positions on temple. :p

zlatko

Banned
DaFish said:
This

except I changed backspace to the spacebar (since I don't seem to use my thumb for anything else in the game)

What does back space do? Cycle through your hot keys or that specific type of unit ?

DaFish

zlatko said:
What does back space do? Cycle through your hot keys or that specific type of unit ?
cycles through your bases...

Backspace is too far away for me (I use grid layout) so I changed it to Spacebar and just tap it with my thumb.

zlatko

Banned
DaFish said:
cycles through your bases...

Backspace is too far away for me (I use grid layout) so I changed it to Spacebar and just tap it with my thumb.

I use grid as well. I'll def. change that next time I log on. Thanks for the heads up. :)

YakiSOBA

zlatko said:
Not 100% sure what kind of rush Terran just did against me. Tons of marines and brought almost all his SCVS save like 3 maybe. I hold it off and then went to his base to roll him. He didn't even wall off his ramp. I think he just 3 raxed all in. What a stupid idea on cross map positions on temple. :p

What league was he in?

Marine/SCV-all in is pretty successful until Diamond-level IMO. The lean version of it mind you, hitting at 4m30s with 15+scv's and 6 marines with 6 queued and rallied.

IceMarker

Nuclear Arcade has been updated! Huge update involving a new scoring interface and new abilities and powerups!

-- Added NEW Player Leaderboard Display
-- Added NEW Team Scoreboard Display
-- Added Guardian Shield ability
-- Added Wormhole Transit ability
-- Added Force Field ability
-- Added the Mineral Pallet powerup
-- Added Rally ability to Nuke Machine
-- Increased radius of Vortex by 0.5
-- Decreased Pygalisk speed
-- Fixed Score Attack end game looping
-- Adjusted doodad and terrain elements

zlatko

Banned
YakiSOBA said:
What league was he in?

Marine/SCV-all in is pretty successful until Diamond-level IMO. The lean version of it mind you, hitting at 4m30s with 15+scv's and 6 marines with 6 queued and rallied.

I'll have to check later in the replay. I'm Silver league, and he def. had about 15+ SCVs and 6+ marines. I was just able to scout it really well and had a lot of speedlings ready. Once I held of the big main push I got out a few roaches, more lings, and went to his base to stop him. He had a few marines there, and just a little bit of SCV's + mules.

mcrae

guys, i found this awesome custom map that seems like it is a copy of another game its so complex. its called final frontier and no one ever plays it so i'm looking for people to play with. the map is called final frontier.

the map starts out with randomly generated planets that have a population maximum, and 3 resources: metal, water, fossil (random amount)

you set passive influence % on the planet to up harvesting of the raw materials, or to up your economy (minerals) or to increase production of ships, or speed/quality of research

research costs minerals, how long it takes depends on how many citizens you have set to ressearch throughout your empire, and the quality of the result depends on your race at the beginning (which you choose) as well as how many minerals you put into the project

there are 4 types of combat ships, with 4 types of weapons, and a +health and +shield upgrade. you can research all individually then mix and match to build ships. there are two types of transport ships, one used to take over hostile planets, and one used to ferry resources from one planet to another. there is another type of ship used for colonizing neutral planets, and another used for scouting.

there are also buildings on your planets. each planet can only have a set # of buildings depending on its size. buildings help you up your population, the max # of planets you can colonize, your raw material output, your mineral output, your production speed, and research speed.

what i normally do is expand to 5 planets fast, then start researching battleship hull and laser level 1. then i build some transports to ferry resources from the 4 outer planets to a central planet, where i do all of my production. build 5-6 battleships to protect the empire, and then start a cycle of stopping transportation so resources build up on each planet, where i then build buildings that let you expand your empire, then i expand, and res-start the moving of resources to a central location. all the while trying to make sure my ships are as strong as the aliens and i can defend my side of space.

this isnt a short game, it can and will take an hour+. the first 30 minutes is devoted to destroying the aliens, then it becomes a ffa.

the BEST part of the map is everything is randomly generated. the map, the raw materials on each planet, and most importantly the research results. if you research a engine with only 500 minerals, it may be 1-2% better than what you already have, and may take 50 ticks. if you use 50,000 minerals, it will be 90-110% better than what you already have, and will still only take 50 ticks.

if anyone is interested let me know. mcrae.763

IceMarker

scogoth said:
Bug report, force fields can screw up the brutalisk unit pathing so it stays in one spot.
Took a screenshot after trapping it with ff and it just stayed there.
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596931496790465441/D26B9EA1B70B85C3B5D7D56611274DBBE9C029E3/
Filed under "Minor 1.4 update coming soon."
Massive units should destroy FFs anyways, the hell!?

--

Also, disappointed by the lack of people in Mumble, I check every hour or so and idle on there for an hour waiting for someone to talk to/play with in my free time.

ultron87

MrMister said:

--

Also, disappointed by the lack of people in Mumble, I check every hour or so and idle on there for an hour waiting for someone to talk to/play with in my free time.

Well it's the middle of the day on a work day. Can't expect us to be playing Starcraft all the time.

Aylinato

MrMister said:

--

I'm not on spring break this week =P

Deadman

They updated the ptr 1.3 notes with some changes.

Changes:

Ghost EMP now drains up to 100 energy instead of all available energy. The effect on Protoss shields remains unchanged

Infestor Health increased from 90 to 110. -- This change has been revoked.

Fungal Growth

Stun duration decreased from 8 to 4 seconds.

Damage increased by +30% vs. armored units.

Now fires a missile instead of being instant cast. -- This change has been revoked.

Source http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1213111662

Awesome. So the PTR is being used for just testing out changes instead of previews of patches like I was afraid it would be. If i'm not mistaken the only thing they messed around with in the last PTR patch was the bunker timings. It is much better to make lots of changes all the time I feel, but not enough that it would remove all your constants.

syllogism

SteveWinwood said:
Awesome. So the PTR is being used for just testing out changes instead of previews of patches like I was afraid it would be. If i'm not mistaken the only thing they messed around with in the last PTR patch was the bunker timings. It is much better to make lots of changes all the time I feel, but not enough that it would remove all your constants.
You are mistaken as they reverted at least fungal not hitting air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom