• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

scogoth

MrMister said:
Filed under "Minor 1.4 update coming soon."
Massive units should destroy FFs anyways, the hell!?

--

Also, disappointed by the lack of people in Mumble, I check every hour or so and idle on there for an hour waiting for someone to talk to/play with in my free time.

Try idling the neogaf chat channel. Usually don't start up mumble unless there are people on sc2.

Striek

Deadman said:
They updated the ptr 1.3 notes with some changes.

Source http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1213111662
Thats a good change for EMP. Now ghosts wont make the sentries you've had all game completely useless (at least as easily).

I can't wait to see how fungal growth is used after the patch. Does storm-like damage, holds the enemy in place, has a bigger radius than storm, and is cast by a pretty fast unit that can burrow-move. Could be crazy strong.

Spl1nter

Striek said:
Thats a good change for EMP. Now ghosts wont make the sentries you've had all game completely useless (at least as easily).

I can't wait to see how fungal growth is used after the patch. Does storm-like damage, holds the enemy in place, has a bigger radius than storm, and is cast by a pretty fast unit that can burrow-move. Could be crazy strong.

ya no joke. Talk about over-buffing an ability.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Artosis's head poping up makes me lulz

TSL3commentators.jpg

^
fail

Great maps though
TSL3maps.jpg

The Blizzard maps are MLG modified (No ramp block, no close spawns metal...etc)

Can't wait, gonna be an amazing tournament
as long as they don't allow Husky to control the camera

mcrae

TheThunder said:
^
fail

Great maps though
TSL3maps.jpg

The Blizzard maps are MLG modified (No ramp block, no close spawns metal...etc)

Can't wait, gonna be an amazing tournament
as long as they don't allow Husky to control the camera

what does no ramp block mean? and i assumed no close spawns metal meant always cross positions on metalopolis, but then realized that it wasnt in that map pool you posted, so what is that as well?

Corran Horn

mcrae said:
what does no ramp block mean? and i assumed no close spawns metal meant always cross positions on metalopolis, but then realized that it wasnt in that map pool you posted, so what is that as well?
No Ramp block means it requires 3 structures to block a ramp instead of 2. So much harder to bunker/Pylon in a Zerg player.

No Close positions mean on Metal no close spots by ground. Its distance is shorter than Steppes of War and causes alot of cheese/crappy games. I think Shakuras you can only spawn at diagonal spots too.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Corran Horn said:
No Ramp block means it requires 3 structures to block a ramp instead of 2. So much harder to bunker/Pylon in a Zerg player.
no, it means its impossible[impractical] to block a ramp.

all ramps have three 1x1 squares at the bottom that are unbuildable terrain, so you need like 5 builds with some of them being rax sized to get a true block kittycorner to the ramp.

Corran Horn

Pandaman said:
no, it means its impossible[impractical] to block a ramp.

all ramps have three 1x1 squares at the bottom that are unbuildable terrain, so you need like 5 builds with some of them being rax sized to get a true block kittycorner to the ramp.
4 pylons block, off by 1.

mcrae said:
metalopolis is on the map pool, what are you talking about ?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Halycon said:
TvT always turns into a cold-war standoff, with both sides massing tanks and valkyries/scans going around trying to catch the other person off position.
in my experience, that's often the mid game, but the early game or late game can consist of quite a lot of different things. id say that tvt isnt that fun to play because it's tooo easy to make a game changing blunder but it's fun to watch.

edit: also, early mass banshee has been really popular in ladder tvts recently.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the new infestors rape mineral lines so hard right now. its sos exy. :p

before you had to wait like 2-3 seconds for enough health to tick down for the second fungakl to kill, but now you can just #f#f and the time it takes to reselect and recast is enough.

also i wish the normal ladder was more like this:
http://i.imgur.com/4U6nZ.jpg

Striek said:

Not to mention that unlike storm Fungal doesn't damage your own units.

Deadman

Id imagine not before the gsl code s final, they tend to try and avoid messing up tournaments.

Except for that time they made ultras amazing for 3 days so that fruitdealer could beat ogs top

IceMarker

Haunted said:
looks like a blast
*rimshot*

Thanks! Page 4 this morning! :)

YakiSOBA said:
Do you guys think 1.3 comes out next week?
Either this Tuesday, next Tuesday, and definitely by the end of the month. I was reading over Join Game List and Editor improvements and bug fixes this morning and hyped myself even more.

zlatko

Banned
Aquavelvaman said:
They've said it will happen eventually but they will give plenty of fair warning ahead of time.

Really? That's kind of surprising. Wouldn't people moan over something like that in big droves ?

If they do a reset does that mean we would redo placement matches?

zlatko

Banned
Deadman said:
You have to redo 1 placement game

What would really reset then? Would it use your old rank, see if you win/lose your placement match, then place you either where you were on a win or below where you were if you lost ?

ultron87

And apparently you keep your MMR, so it doesn't really matter except that everyone will start at 0 points in whatever league/division they are in.

IceMarker

Nuclear Arcade has been updated! Patches polishing patches polishing patches!

-- Prepped game variants for forth coming Starcraft II Patch
-- Added text to the countdown in Classic Mode
-- Remade Player Leaderboard in an attempt to fix it
-- Remade many text chat strings
-- Increased detection range of Nuke Machines from 10 to 12
-- Increased progress bar threshold for Classic Mode to 20000
-- Increased timed life of Zerg Eggs by 10 seconds
-- Increased minimap ping time for powerups and eggs
-- Decreased cost of range upgrades by half
-- Formatted team scoreboard numbers
-- Fixed stopping Zerg spawning after 30 minutes in Score Attack

Corran Horn

zlatko said:
Really? That's kind of surprising. Wouldn't people moan over something like that in big droves ?

If they do a reset does that mean we would redo placement matches?
Resetting Ladder is a common thing to do. Generally people call it Seasons.

Corran Horn

zlatko said:
When was the last reset?
For sc2? Never unless you want to count the beta which was often. SC1 had ladder resets on ICCUP like every...3 months or so? I never did ICCUP. Warcraft 3 was like...once a year I think.

zlatko

Banned
Corran Horn said:
For sc2? Never unless you want to count the beta which was often. SC1 had ladder resets on ICCUP like every...3 months or so? I never did ICCUP. Warcraft 3 was like...once a year I think.

Ah alright. Thanks for the info.

I'm excited for the next patch even if it doesn't include this. There will be a really big shift in play styles. I hope some new awesome infestor builds pop up for me to mess around with my sly silver Zerg play. :)

a176

Banned
slidewinder said:
Was there a clearly most reactive and macro-oriented race in Brood War?

no, but you can say that bw is itself a much more macro orientated because you could not select multiple buildings to build units...had to go through them one by one.

there were no strict hard counters in the game either.

if you'd like, there's some pro-BW matches going on tonight at 11est you can watch to see how the matchups were. visit teamliquid.net

Zen

Banned
SteveWinwood said:
Awesome. So the PTR is being used for just testing out changes instead of previews of patches like I was afraid it would be. If i'm not mistaken the only thing they messed around with in the last PTR patch was the bunker timings. It is much better to make lots of changes all the time I feel, but not enough that it would remove all your constants.

No you're wrong. Considering last time and this time if everything goes the same, we're getting 90% of the initial changes (last time infestors fungal growth only hitting ground was removed but everything else went live on the game proper). Why in the world would you dislike the idea of them using the PTR as a Public Test Realm? This isn't Xbox Live Gold or something stupid like that, it's there specifically to test the upcoming changes.

It's Public Test Real
Not Preview Try Realm

Detox

I just played the demo of this and I'm a complete strategy noob the only strategy games I've played are Halo Wars and a bit of Medieval II total war (which I hated). Anyway I liked what I played it felt like the Halo of strategy games for me with the ease of use and the depth in the game.

I have two questions where is the cheapest place to get it in the EU? This game doesn't seem to drop. The cheapest I've found is this and it comes with Starcraft Battlechest for £34.44. I don't mind if its boxed or serial code as long as it's the cheapest.

Also is there any noob guides for this game? I wanted to do stuff like select all units or all of a specific unit but couldn't figure it out. And can you line up your units like in Total war or not?

Thanks

Detox said:
Also is there any noob guides for this game? I wanted to do stuff like select all units or all of a specific unit but couldn't figure it out. And can you line up your units like in Total war or not?

Thanks

to select a specific subset of units, like say, all marines, you can either control- or doubleclick them.
and no, there is no way to get units into a formation except for manual micromanagement.

sorry I can't help you out where to get it cheapest but good luck and we look forward to another fellow gaffer joining our ranks on eu :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom