• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
zlatko said:
He's going to be on 1 base for a while. Get cloaked banshees to harass him. He can only have so many scans off of one base. You should be able to take out a ton of tanks/workers at your discretion. Expand yourself to take the lead, and go from there.
Unless you are pretty confident with your macro while you cloak banshee harass I'd say just expand.
1 base in TvT feels absolutely terrible and you need to expand unless you are 1 base all in since gas so ridiculously important.

Seige expand gets that expo up pretty early.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
syllogism said:
The URL contained a malformed video ID.
Sorry about that.
meh-vflQF1ybI.png

Anyone ever had weird input lag issues before? Right now theres a good 1 sec delay between my commands and the unit action, even in custom games vs ai. I can't figure out why it would run so poorly all of a sudden. The game is rendering fine with good framerate I'm just getting input lag locally...

Spl1nter

Aquavelvaman said:
Anyone ever had weird input lag issues before? Right now theres a good 1 sec delay between my commands and the unit action, even in custom games vs ai. I can't figure out why it would run so poorly all of a sudden. The game is rendering fine with good framerate I'm just getting input lag locally...

its your internet connection.

scogoth

Aquavelvaman said:

Are you in Canada? We have terrible lag issues caused by terrible internet.

My connection is causing problems even in ai matches? I'm downloading SC2 on my other computer right now (because playing on a tv 6 feet away is starting to drive me crazy via minimap blindness) so that would explain it >>

IceMarker

Unless you're playing the Campaign, Challenges, or Skirmish v AI in Single Player, you will always have a small bit of lag between click and command, because Battle.net forces a minimum ping between your computer, other players, and battle.net to keep the command timings consistent across all players, so one player doesn't have a 20 ms advantage over another. You will always have a 50ms to 2 second lag.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Did somebody do some early Overseer action in ZvZ recently, starting to see quite a few people grabbing early Lairs and getting some Overseers.

V_Arnold

Ikuu said:
Did somebody do some early Overseer action in ZvZ recently, starting to see quite a few people grabbing early Lairs and getting some Overseers.

I usually try to do that if I do not forget it. Contaminating Evo Chambers when you are ahead in upgrades or doing that to hatcheries are always fun.

Ashhong

Ikuu said:

HD did a video about that not long ago. He talked about how contaminating a hatch with larva spawning will not only pause the larva, but cancel it as well, something I didn't know.

Chris R

Any tips on doing a Forge+FE as Protoss? Had a game earlier on Shattered Temple, against a Z and it didn't go very well :( Do I start with 1 cannon and add more if I see a warren?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
V_Arnold said:
I usually try to do that if I do not forget it. Contaminating Evo Chambers when you are ahead in upgrades or doing that to hatcheries are always fun.
Talking about people basically rushing to Lair and grabbing Overseers and Contaminating.

Milabrega

Been a while since there were any LAN complaints in here so here's a little something from the Pax East thread:

JacksUsername said:
My other friend was in the Starcraft tournament - I headed over there for a bit and was disappointed to find out there was no way to really spectate. He was near one of the back rows, but since his monitor was facing the interior of the room, we wouldn't get to see him play unless he made it to the finals. And then, the tournament was postponed after they had been sitting there for over a half hour. Because so many people were trying to log into Battle.net, Blizzard blocked the IP, and no one could play. Because LAN isn't supported, they postponed the tournament while trying to contact Blizzard (so people were saying). My friend didn't bother to return since he had already wasted so much time.

(._.)

Banned
Can't seem to get back into 1v1s. Work builds up and its hard to set time to play the 10 games a day I have been wanting to do since last weekend.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
There we go!

Thanks guys :) Terran who bunkers themselves in with siege tanks = no map control.

Good shit. Good shit. Good shit.

Slavik81

Elcheris said:
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO! Finally got in masters league, my life feels validated and complete!
Fuck. Now I need to beat ANOTHER masters player?

rhfb said:
Any tips on doing a Forge+FE as Protoss? Had a game earlier on Shattered Temple, against a Z and it didn't go very well :( Do I start with 1 cannon and add more if I see a warren?
When I practiced it on Lost Temple, I would put up 2. I don't know how that would fare against roaches, though. I aimed to ward off zerglings, banelings and mutas.

I suspect Roaches would have demolished me.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Elcheris said:
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO! Finally got in masters league, my life feels validated and complete!
no surprise on my end, i knew it was coming to ya. ^^

you're just too damn good to be a normie.

Haunted

Yeah, some of the application videos have been pretty funny/interesting. CoLFirezerg and VTWhiplash's are comedy.

But you want professional? MyMCloud has the production values.

Aylinato

who would like to play team games tonight, as it is Funday Monday! (meaning we'll do a funday monday challenge!!!)

who's in? (I know I am)

Aylinato

I think marines should shoot lasers now, cause they keep nerfing the units that have cool visuals

::EDIT:: the lasers should be whatever color the marines r! also, zerglings should have a stream of *whoosh* like graphics following them(cause they so fast)

YakiSOBA

Okay, so I've been playing a lot of 4v4's lately (4v4 random), and I've won 14 of past 15 by doing this (albeit slightly boring) strategy:

Terran
Mass marines + Mass medivacs
Stim
Combat shield
3/3 upgrades
10+ reactored bunkers
2 bases at most

It just RAPES everything, even mass banelines (most of the time zergs don't bother to upgrade them). The only loss was this one game last night when they had a protoss go MASS collosus, and our ally stupidly sends his MASS VIKINGS to the opponents base instead of helping us defend.

Trickster

Am I the only one that's kinda sad to see a lot of the people making application videoes not take it seriously? While some of them might be funny to people on TL.net and other community sites, it's just look amaturish for any newcomers. And it sure as hell ain't gonna help expand esports towards a more mainstream audience if the "premiere" sc2 league outside of korea, is full of video clips from videos like these -

Xlord

Tyler

LGShew

MoMan is probably the only one that's done "funny" application video well

MoMan

Just needed to get that off my chest, feel free to comment :)

fanboi

Banned
Trickster said:
Am I the only one that's kinda sad to see a lot of the people making application videoes not take it seriously? While some of them might be funny to people on TL.net and other community sites, it's just look amaturish for any newcomers. And it sure as hell ain't gonna help expand esports towards a more mainstream audience if the "premiere" sc2 league outside of korea, is full of video clips from videos like these -

Xlord

Tyler

LGShew

MoMan is probably the only one that's done "funny" application video well

MoMan

BACK OFF KESPA

Slavik81

Trickster said:

I don't think so. The actual questions are really, really boring. They're looking for some way of making themselves stand out.

Is it a requirement that the application videos be of themselves? I think someone like TLO would be better served with clips of his entertaining strategies.

ultron87

I'd personally hope that by making E-Sports mainstream we didn't lose a lot of the stuff that makes it what it is.

I'd rather it remains where it is than lose stuff like commentators making silly jokes and stuff like these application videos.

Deadly

ultron87 said:
I'd personally hope that by making E-Sports mainstream we didn't lose a lot of the stuff that makes it what it is.

I'd rather it remains where it is than lose stuff like commentators making silly jokes and stuff like these application videos.
Totally agreed. When people mention esports being more mainstream, they all seem to say it has to be more serious. SC2 would totally lose its charm

fanboi

Banned
ultron87 said:

I would for the love of gaming love to have a mainstreamed game that is considered a sport by the general population where it is practiced.

Why?

More $$$ for players which can make a living out of it.

Aylinato

anyone know how to remove the stupid windows 7 border that is on every window when you window your starcraft 2 game(i dont want your damn window border all the time microsoft, screw u!)

ultron87

Aylinato said:
anyone know how to remove the stupid windows 7 border that is on every window when you window your starcraft 2 game(i dont want your damn window border all the time microsoft, screw u!)

If you use Windowed Fullscreen there shouldn't be a border. Beyond that I dunno.

Trickster

fanboi said:
BACK OFF KESPA

I don't get it? :p

Deadly said:
Totally agreed. When people mention esports being more mainstream, they all seem to say it has to be more serious. SC2 would totally lose its charm

are you honestly saying that if we had SC2 scene in the west, comparable to the SC:BW scene in Korea, then SC2 would loose it's charm?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aylinato said:
fullscreen windowed mode

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
TheThunder said:
daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

short skinny kid just got put into place.

He's gonna have to lick that guy's shoes for the rest of the semester.

if you havent seen the full vid (theres a thread in OT!) skinny kid is a bully and being a jerk to big kid for a while then big kid having put up with it just snaps

Deadly

Trickster said:
I don't get it? :p
are you honestly saying that if we had SC2 scene in the west, comparable to the SC:BW scene in Korea, then SC2 would loose it's charm?
Alot of people want esports over here to be serious business. Remember after one of the MLG's DJ Wheat had a sort of behind the scenes interview with the players and on TL people were raving about how unprofessional it was blablabla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom