• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milabrega

ultron87 said:
I barely ever get a good game out of Nexus Wars because someone always quits.

Nexus Wars is excellent yeah, but this always, always happens. A by product of the match making custom games system. Always end up with people leaving. I've only ever had two 4v4's, and they were both epic just slightly above 35 min mark games.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aylinato said:
try SotIS
I can't play against another friend on it... I've tried letting him join my game and then I switch him to team 2 but it doesn't work.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MLG Schedule

April 1-3 Dallas, TX
June 3-5 Columbus, OH
July 28-31 Anaheim, CA
August 26-28 Raleigh, NC
October 12-16 Orlando, FL

National Championship
November 18-20 Providence, RI

IceMarker

Nuclear Arcade has been updated! Changes will be applied next time you play the damn map!

-- Decreased shield cost of Force Field to 30 from 50
-- Fixed Wormhole Transit not targeting friendly Spotters
-- Fixed Score Attack final spawn not working correctly
-- Fixed some tooltips showing incorrect information
-- Fixed player leaderboard being incorrectly sorted
-- Adjusted some text strings to be consistent visually

Haunted

Anyone else following all the NASL application videos? Pretty cool to see the different approaches from people, some of the stronger personalities really shining through.

NASL requiring these vids was a brilliant idea and already did a good job putting an actual face to so many players I've only seen casted on streams before.

I've made a google doc
with all of the applicants, sortable by their ELO rating/prize winnings. Going to be over 100 applicants when all is said and done from the looks of it.

Haunted

Ikuu said:
Most of the videos have been pretty terrible, Moman and DeMuslims are probably the best though.
What do you expect from sticking 100 pasty nerds in front of a webcam? :p

That said, there have been some entertaining ones.

I enjoyed Kiwikaki's and TT1's from the recent batch.

TT1: who is the other best NA Protoss?
Kiwi: Minigun?
TT1: FUCK YOU

:lol

Haunted

Trickster said:
MoMan is probably the only one that's done "funny" application video well

Just needed to get that off my chest, feel free to comment :)
LGShew <-> avilo dynamic was hilarious.

Won't be enough for either of them to get into this, but still.

And yes, Moman's was great.

IceMarker

2wq5xrk.png

The 15th weekly GAF night! Where fun is allowed and people will get yelled at for it!

Information Guru said:
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Custom Maps>

Streams and Misc. Info
-MrMister's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live
-Corran Horn's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065
NO YOU FOOL! I WAS PHONE THE WHOLE TIME!

Deadly

Haunted said:
What do you expect from sticking 100 pasty nerds in front of a webcam? :p

That said, there have been some entertaining ones.

I enjoyed Kiwikaki's and TT1's from the recent batch.

TT1: who is the other best NA Protoss?
Kiwi: Minigun?
TT1: FUCK YOU

:lol
Is TT1 also from Quebec?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
According to Huks stream they recorded the oGs NASL videos tonight and he's not entering due to the lag.

Ikuu said:
According to Huks stream they recorded the oGs NASL videos tonight and he's not entering due to the lag.
Yeah, we don't want anything to blemish his "top 3 control in the world", after all we all saw how mind blowing his stalker/zealot micro :lol

DaFish

Corran Horn said:
MLG Schedule

April 1-3 Dallas, TX
June 3-5 Columbus, OH
July 28-31 Anaheim, CA
August 26-28 Raleigh, NC
October 12-16 Orlando, FL

National Championship
November 18-20 Providence, RI

Fuck yeah! I'll be there!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Deadman said:

Stay out of the god damn sc2 thread :p

I bet you go into threads on TL called GSL RESULTS

and then post HOLY SHIT YOU'RE POSTING SPOILERs.

not really.

but I hate team liquid.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO WATCH A SPORT LATER THAN WHEN IT HAS AIRED, DO NOT GO TO THE FUCKING WEBSITE DEVOTED TO IT

ultron87

Well there's a reason we have a SC2 thread and a GSL thread. To keep people who can't watch the event that airs in the middle of the night live from being spoiled.

I'm not that mad, but it's in general a good division to maintain.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yeah, GSL spoilers shouldn't be mentioned in this thread.. my rant was really just about Team Liquid.. they're all idiots..

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ultron87 said:
Well there's a reason we have a SC2 thread and a GSL thread. To keep people who can't watch the event that airs in the middle of the night live from being spoiled.

I'm not that mad, but it's in general a good division to maintain.
Not really for that reason. We separated them because SC2 thread was becoming a mess with everyone talking about separate stuff. But deleted post....Not like we never talk tournament spoilers in here before. It happens all the time

ultron87

Corran Horn said:
Not really for that reason. We separated them because SC2 thread was becoming a mess with everyone talking about separate stuff. But deleted post....Not like we never talk tournament spoilers in here before. It happens all the time

Well it's a nice side effect of that at least.

I think spoiler tags for results from the last few days in the SC2 thread are a pretty reasonable request for those of us who like to catch up with the VODs.

ezrarh

ultron87 said:
If I can drag my other Starcraft playing friends along I'm going to go to MLG Columbus. And I might even if I can't.

I'm definitely tempted to go to MLG Columbus, it would only be a 5 hour drive or so from Buffalo but with gas going up to $4+ a gallon, I don't know if it'd be worth it if I'm going alone.

ultron87

ezrarh said:
I'm definitely tempted to go to MLG Columbus, it would only be a 5 hour drive or so from Buffalo but with gas going up to $4+ a gallon, I don't know if it'd be worth it if I'm going alone.

Yeah, five hours is pretty long to go alone.

For me it's just an hour and a half from Cincinnati and I can just stay at my parent's house so I wouldn't even have to worry about finding a hotel.

Birdman02

My wife was actually really excited about going to MLG Dallas..until she watched some vids from last year. Now she's worried that we'd be the oldest people there (we're late 20s), so she doesn't want to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom