• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I wanted to add something to that gif, something like saying "Apologize for playing Protoss" then at the end incontrol saying "Colossus/Void Rays are not imbalanced!"

but alas, Im not on my pc.

Corran Horn

Trickster said:
I don't get it? :p
KESPA is like the Korean no fun commissioner. They put in alot of stupid rules/regulations you have to follow. For example if you type anything thats not gg or ppp in game you get disqualified.

Trickster

Corran Horn said:
KESPA is like the Korean no fun commissioner. They put in alot of stupid rules/regulations you have to follow. For example if you type anything thats not gg or ppp in game you get disqualified.

aha, yeah KESPA can be a bit extreme I agree.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to make fun application videos though. It's just that virtually everyone that's tried to make one so far has failed miserable. It's just gonna look extremely stupid when NASL tries to appear as a new, serious starcraft 2 league, only to have to show clips of someone sitting in a bathrobe petting ferrets, someone pretending to be a WWE wrestler or Pokemon with voiceover...

If people took a page out of MoMans book I'd have no problem with "fun" application videos.

Aylinato

anyone know how to remove the same type of window from an image using an overlay type program(i already have the program to have the image on top, just looking for how to remove the border)

mcrae

Aylinato said:
who would like to play team games tonight, as it is Funday Monday! (meaning we'll do a funday monday challenge!!!)

who's in? (I know I am)

im in! i think. when does it start? runs for an hour right?

mcrae

Aylinato said:
anyone know how to remove the same type of window from an image using an overlay type program(i already have the program to have the image on top, just looking for how to remove the border)

wtf image are you overlaying?

a176

Banned
Aylinato said:
anyone know how to remove the stupid windows 7 border that is on every window when you window your starcraft 2 game(i dont want your damn window border all the time microsoft, screw u!)

use windowed fullscreen option

Corran Horn

Aylinato said:
Are you trying to image over a replay bar or something?

Corran Horn

Trickster said:
aha, yeah KESPA can be a bit extreme I agree.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to make fun application videos though. It's just that virtually everyone that's tried to make one so far has failed miserable. It's just gonna look extremely stupid when NASL tries to appear as a new, serious starcraft 2 league, only to have to show clips of someone sitting in a bathrobe petting ferrets, someone pretending to be a WWE wrestler or Pokemon with voiceover...

If people took a page out of MoMans book I'd have no problem with "fun" application videos.
NASL doesn't appear that professional to begin with when the show match stream production was crap. Then having incontrol as the figure head while he is asking for restreams of gsl or making fun of other casters. Shrug.

Going to take a big company to push it along. TSL is alot more professional. Glad that is soon.

Corran Horn

The Lamonster said:
I just can't convert over to SCII from Warcraft III.

The TD maps just aren't there. Why does the TD selection in SCII still suck so much?
I blame the custom game system. Its near impossible to make something and not get ignored due to being x pages down. Hopefully the new custom system will be good.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
We welcome FXOSlukad (sc2tv.ru) and FXOKhaldor to the team of official casters. We appreciate their success in casting and have decided to make them a part of our team.

Regards

FXOpen e-Sports

Loving that they're not only focusing on the players branding, but the other parts of esport too.

Deadman

The episode of state of the game recorded at pax is out. Ive only listened to the end (i was checking that i had the whole file) and day9 basically announces he will play seriously after he graduates. And that he will knock artosis out of every tournament :lol

Corran Horn

Deadman said:
The episode of state of the game recorded at pax is out. Ive only listened to the end (i was checking that i had the whole file) and day9 basically announces he will play seriously after he graduates. And that he will knock artosis out of every tournament :lol
Awesome. Love to see him be competitive.

Deadly

Deadman said:
Hahaha poor Artosis. Awesome to hear about Day9 though, wonder if he'll keep playing random or pick a race.

Volodja

The Lamonster said:

The TD maps just aren't there. Why does the TD selection in SCII still suck so much?
I'm still searching for decent Hero Base Defense maps, but those seem to be pretty much disappeared from WCIII too, at least I had huge troubles finding any of them last time I installed it.
It makes me sad.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I take it SotG is mostly awkward nerds asking stupid questions, or is it worth listening to.
HolyCheck said:
Loving that they're not only focusing on the players branding, but the other parts of esport too.
FXO really deserves more attention than they're getting and they've got some serious backing.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Aylinato said:
irfanview?

Deadman

Anyone watch the final of the little tournament day9/husky did for pax? Haypro had some awesome use of nydus worms in the 2nd game.

BigAT

Deadman said:
Anyone watch the final of the little tournament day9/husky did for pax? Haypro had some awesome use of nydus worms in the 2nd game.
I was actually there for the PAX panel!

It was a pretty amazing day for all things Starcraft. I got to meet DJ Wheat and iNcontrol during the day at their booth, where Geoff was taking on opponents from the crowd. Wheat was actually much taller than I pictured him (as was JP), while iNcontrol was a bit shorter than I imagined. I guess that's what happens when you assume width = height and you only see these guys sitting down.

The group I was with ended up heading back to the convention center like 3 hours before the Husky/Day[9] panel started to grab some food and who was hanging outside the theater but Day[9] himself. He was just chilling and talking to the fans. He was just absurdly friendly and outgoing to everyone that was there, it's really unbelievable how genuinely nice he is in every way. Met and talked to him for a bit, he signed the "Tasteless is my Homeboy" t-shirt that my roommate was wearing.

It's a good thing we did headed back early for food because the line was ALREADY fairly long. THREE HOURS BEFORE IT BEGAN. They really grossly underestimated the demand for this panel as it was put into one of the smaller theaters at the convention center. They actually hit capacity and were full TWO FULL HOURS before it began. It really sucked to see, as they had to turn away a ton of people that were clearly eager to be there.

Day[9] greeted and high-fived literally every single person as they entered into the panel. I'm pretty sure it's absolutely impossible to match the charisma and energy he has. The panel itself was fantastic throughout. The Haypro/Tyler series (casted by Husky and Day[9]) was great and there was a ton of energy from the crowd during all of the games, plenty of cheering and screaming at the appropriate times. State of the Game was great as always, lots of insight and interesting things coming from the 5-man panel of Husky, Day[9], JP, DJ Wheat and iNcontrol. Following that there was a 4-man (everyone above minus Wheat) cast of the PAX Starcraft tournament finals that was more silly than serious, but it was very funny throughout thanks to the casters.

The event was only scheduled for an hour, but they actually went until 1:30 in the morning and would have gone longer if we weren't getting kicked out of the theater. Really just a great job by everyone that was involved and it was a clear sign of just how great the Starcraft community is.

I've also got to say I really don't understand the hate for Husky. I don't really watch his videos anymore, simply because I've gravitated more towards GSL and Day[9], but he clearly knows what he's talking about, is a great caster and he was HILARIOUS and on-point throughout the entire panel.

mcrae

BigAT said:
I was actually there for the PAX panel!

It was a pretty amazing day for all things Starcraft. I got to meet DJ Wheat and iNcontrol during the day at their booth, where Geoff was taking on opponents from the crowd. Wheat was actually much taller than I pictured him (as was JP), while iNcontrol was a bit shorter than I imagined. I guess that's what happens when you assume width = height and you only see these guys sitting down.

The group I was with ended up heading back to the convention center like 3 hours before the Husky/Day[9] panel started to grab some food and who was hanging outside the theater but Day[9] himself. He was just chilling and talking to the fans. He was just absurdly friendly and outgoing to everyone that was there, it's really unbelievable how genuinely nice he is in every way. Met and talked to him for a bit, he signed the "Tasteless is my Homeboy" t-shirt that my roommate was wearing.

It's a good thing we did headed back early for food because the line was ALREADY fairly long. THREE HOURS BEFORE IT BEGAN. They really grossly underestimated the demand for this panel as it was put into one of the smaller theaters at the convention center. They actually hit capacity and were full TWO FULL HOURS before it began. It really sucked to see, as they had to turn away a ton of people that were clearly eager to be there.

Day[9] greeted and high-fived literally every single person as they entered into the panel. I'm pretty sure it's absolutely impossible to match the charisma and energy he has. The panel itself was fantastic throughout. The Haypro/Tyler series (casted by Husky and Day[9]) was great and there was a ton of energy from the crowd during all of the games, plenty of cheering and screaming at the appropriate times. State of the Game was great as always, lots of insight and interesting things coming from the 5-man panel of Husky, Day[9], JP, DJ Wheat and iNcontrol. Following that there was a 4-man (everyone above minus Wheat) cast of the PAX Starcraft tournament finals that was more silly than serious, but it was very funny throughout thanks to the casters.

The event was only scheduled for an hour, but they actually went until 1:30 in the morning and would have gone longer if we weren't getting kicked out of the theater. Really just a great job by everyone that was involved and it was a clear sign of just how great the Starcraft community is.

I've also got to say I really don't understand the hate for Husky. I don't really watch his videos anymore, simply because I've gravitated more towards GSL and Day[9], but he clearly knows what he's talking about, is a great caster and he was HILARIOUS and on-point throughout the entire panel.

love the personal experience write up. thanks BigAT!

gonna go find where and when to watch funday monday
edit: i doubt many people will find this helpful, but http://www.ustream.tv/day9tv in an hour and a half, aka 7pm pst/10pm est

mcrae

Corran Horn said:
Did he go back to ustream?

i dunno im probably an idiot and found the wrong link. lol i believe i pasted the link thats in the day9 daily thread on teamliquid

edit: reading the end of the thread i guess hes on justin.tv now? the search continues lol

Corran Horn

mcrae said:
i dunno im probably an idiot and found the wrong link. lol i believe i pasted the link thats in the day9 daily thread on teamliquid

edit: reading the end of the thread i guess hes on justin.tv now? the search continues lol
Yeah on justin tv now. Day9.tv redirects you

scogoth

The Lamonster said:

I completely agree. I loved playing TDs in war3 but in sc2 they are all unfinished or really easy.

mcrae

next weeks funday monday
TEAM MONOBATTLES!
3v3 or 4v4
start of match publicly announce what 1 unit you'll produce the entire game

WHO IS IN GAF

Slavik81

Cool summary, I wish I'd gone to PAX.

Next time... next time...

BigAT said:
I'd watch more Husky videos if he stopped opening with "H to the Usky, Husky". It's like a TV show with terrible opening credits. Even if the actual content's decent, you know you'll be faced with awfulness right off the bat.

IceMarker

The Lamonster said:

We need less TD maps in SCII, so I'd stay in WCIII if I were you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Been playing around with 1-1-1 today... so fucking OP.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Spl1nter said:
or just completely average.
Against terran? No. It's fucking ridiculously versatile, the map control is there, you've got sight over enemy ramps with flight, constant scouting and safe expanding is almost always guaranteed.

edit: when do we get the GSL maps? And will the map pool change when they're released?

Thanks for the summary BigAT. I got to the theater an hour ahead of time, and was totally heartbroken to see it already full. I cried my way over to table top gaming, and proceeded to morosely play some Dominion, dreaming about the awesome things probably going on in the Cat Theater. :( Saddest part of my otherwise awesome PAX experience.

Spl1nter

Yoshichan said:
Against terran? No. It's fucking ridiculously versatile, the map control is there, you've got sight over enemy ramps with flight, constant scouting and safe expanding is almost always guaranteed.

edit: when do we get the GSL maps? And will the map pool change when they're released?

for tvt yes it is good. You didnt exactly specify

Yoshichan

Spl1nter said:
for tvt yes it is good. You didnt exactly specify
Haha yeah sorry about that. So tired ._.

IceMarker

For some reason, after my Oregon Windstorm 2011 30-hour power outage, I can't connect to TeamLiquid... at all, I'm gonna reset Winsock tonight and see if that works, if not oh well.

EDIT: And it didn't work and I still can't connect to TL.net.

IceMarker

Nuclear Arcade has been updated! Huge bugfix and minor balance patch!

-- Overhauled the Wormhole Transit ability
--- Ability has a prep time of 3 seconds
--- Ability now drains all shields to use
--- Ability cooldown is now 2 minutes
--- Ability now correctly targets units
-- Increased shield drain of Force Fields from 25 to 50
-- Increased physical size of Zerg Eggs
-- Increased the movement speed of Corruptors
-- Decreased the movement speed of Banelings
-- Decreased the movement speed of Hydralisks
-- Decreased the movement speed of Hunter Killers
-- Decreased the detection range of Overseers from 11 to 10
-- Decreased cooldown of Blink from 20 to 15 seconds
-- Fixed player leaderboard not displaying scores correctly
-- Fixed some gameplay tips showing old information

Aylinato

man, team monobattles is hard =(

::EDIT:: if we do it again, im cannon rushing+whatever unit I wish to go with

::EDIT:: omg, brilliant idea, cannon rush on side, planetary rush to the other(panda is the expert on that, but i challenge splinter)

ultron87

Aylinato said:
man, team monobattles is hard =(

::EDIT:: if we do it again, im cannon rushing+whatever unit I wish to go with

::EDIT:: omg, brilliant idea, cannon rush on side, planetary rush to the other(panda is the expert on that, but i challenge splinter)

We just need to lose a few more matches and get placed in Bronze where we can play either against other people monobattling or scrubs.

Detox

Ok I played a few games with a couple of my friends last night (who also just bought the game) and had amazing fun.

I have a couple of questions that I just couldn't quite figure out through trial and error.

I played custom melee last night on the custom browser so is that the default game?
How exactly do custom games work I saw a list of join games are they hosted by other people or are Blizzards own creations?
Somewhat linked to the question above are there any must have or recommended mods for co-operative play for groups of 2 or 3?
How can I play unranked 2v2? I couldn't find it on the join game list
My friend loves to play Protoss what would you guys recommend me to counter him with? Preferably using Terran currently I've beaten him twice and he's beaten me twice.

Finally I'm not sure what I'm supposed to post to add Gaffers to my friendslist so what do I need to provide, I've got the EU version by the way.

Thanks for any help.

scoobs said:
This games been out for a year and I still only play Nexus Wars. I fucking love nexus wars.
I've tried just about everything and all I really play is Star Battle until a good TD comes out. Someone needs to remake Burbenog TD for SCII.

I like Nexus Wars but I prefer Castle Fight in Warcraft III.

ultron87

scoobs said:
This games been out for a year and I still only play Nexus Wars. I fucking love nexus wars.

I like Desert Strike more mostly because it auto-balances if someone quits.

I barely ever get a good game out of Nexus Wars because someone always quits.

Yoshichan

And why does DoTA SC2 suck so much ass?

Aylinato

nexus wars, nuclear arcade, Storm of the Imperial Sanctum, zellion zerglings before the creator nerfed every possible winning possibility and dropped updates, round-a-bout wars is pretty nifty idea, but some things need nerfing(mostly low tier unit spam, like marines+medics), marine arena has become so stale(like, I've gotten the exact upgrades you need and such, it's just...boring now since there is only two strats that work(heros r too weak for their cost as well), starbattle is amazing(wish there was respawn for somewhat longer games, but then it makes sure the games aren't supper long), any MrMr map

::EDIT::

try SotIS
Yoshichan said:
And why does DoTA SC2 suck so much ass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom