• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

Wow so apparently when you get disconnected there's a bug that occurs and you can't ever rejoin the chat channels you were in. Is it so hard to implement chat channels Blizzard?

Deadly said:
Wow so apparently when you get disconnected there's a bug that occurs and you can't ever rejoin the chat channels you were in. Is it so hard to implement chat channels Blizzard?

I had that bug in the beginning but I thought they already fixed that? :S

q_q

Can anyone help out a bronze protoss in need? I've been using 4gate or 3gate-robo openings to good effect lately. But I've noticed that when playing against zerg I can rarely do anything to defend against the 7 roach rush. I can block a 6 pool pretty well with a zealot or two plus a wall of gateways at the ramp, but I'm never able to get out stalkers or immortals quickly enough to deal with early roaches. Am I just not doing my builds fast enough or is there something else I need to do?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
banelings, banelings, banelings ooooooooooooooooooooooh
USGZX.jpg

glu3s.jpg

F9lRk.jpg

MOqtd.jpg

OWq3c.jpg

r66iz.jpg

who says ladder cant be fun.
[shame my own macro slipped hard, otherwise it wouldnt have taken 30minutes. -.-]

mcrae

Slavik81 said:
4gate, 4gate, 4gate, 4gate...

*sigh*

PvP on ladder is even worse than I remember it being.

dunno why you're complaining. playing un-creative and repetitive strategy should mean you develop an effective counter-strategy, no?

Slavik81

mcrae said:
dunno why you're complaining. playing un-creative and repetitive strategy should mean you develop an effective counter-strategy, no?
The only reasonable counters are:
1. 2gate.
2. 4gate.
3. Watch your ramp like a hawk and forcefield perfectly (only possible if it's a narrow ramp).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Jesus my biggest issue is reacting to my scouting. I see mass broodlords and it takes me forever to finally get stargates...should have won. I was getting sick upgrades too :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
banelings, banelings, banelings ooooooooooooooooooooooh

who says ladder cant be fun.
[shame my own macro slipped hard, otherwise it wouldnt have taken 30minutes. -.-]
For all those drops your worker counts sure are close.

DaFish

q_q said:
Can anyone help out a bronze protoss in need? I've been using 4gate or 3gate-robo openings to good effect lately. But I've noticed that when playing against zerg I can rarely do anything to defend against the 7 roach rush. I can block a 6 pool pretty well with a zealot or two plus a wall of gateways at the ramp, but I'm never able to get out stalkers or immortals quickly enough to deal with early roaches. Am I just not doing my builds fast enough or is there something else I need to do?
Couple sentries maybe?

q_q

Slavik81 said:
4gate, 4gate, 4gate, 4gate...

*sigh*

PvP on ladder is even worse than I remember it being.
I've actually been owned a few times by 3 gate robo when I went 4 gate. Could just be that my 4gate sucks though. What opens do you like to use then? I'm honestly trying to learn how to improve my protoss play so I can get out of bronze. :/

Slavik81

q_q said:
I've actually been owned a few times by 3 gate robo when I went 4 gate. Could just be that my 4gate sucks though. What opens do you like to use then? I'm honestly trying to learn how to improve my protoss play so I can get out of bronze. :/
Actually, 3-gate robo works too, I think. It's just as heavy into the 1-basing, but it's a little more defensive. You just need to get that first immortal out in time.

If you're 4gating and things are looking bad, just warp in a few sentries and expand. You should be able to hold them in their base for a minute or two with forcefields while you get your base up. Retreat the second you don't think you can keep them in.

Hold their push and you win. When you have the money, drop down a robo, a 5th gate and a robotics bay and get collossi for the finishing blow.

Rubashov

I guess some people are tanking their accounts before the ladder freeze tomorrow. Played a guy in diamond who's lost dozens of games today by quitting immediately. I'll laugh if they're unable to get back into their leagues after season 2 starts. Might see a lot of weird plays this week.

ultron87

Slavik81 said:
Actually, 3-gate robo works too, I think. It's just as heavy into the 1-basing, but it's a little more defensive. You just need to get that first immortal out in time.

You can beat this (generally) with a 4-gate if you drop a pylon in a place that you can warp onto their high ground. When they try to forcefield your army in half you just warp 4 zealots onto the high ground. Then their sentries cry because they don't actually do any damage.

Vaporak

Slavik81 said:

If you're 4gating and things are looking bad, just warp in a few sentries and expand. You should be able to hold them in their base for a minute or two with forcefields while you get your base up. Retreat the second you don't think you can keep them in.

Hold their push and you win. When you have the money, drop down a robo, a 5th gate and a robotics bay and get collossi for the finishing blow.

At higher level PvP 3gate robo is no good, a 4 gate push kills you before the immortal gets out.

WedgeX

Banned
I love being bronze. Popped out six marines early on just to poke around at his base.

Got overrun by twenty marines.

Expand out, and push with the usual tank + m&ms + a few dropships. Get overrun by a horde of marines, marauders and drop ships.

Get to my fourth expansion. See a ton of drop ships appear at my natural, which is mined out. Pull everything I can out of it. Put my tanks and what m&ms I have left so they guard my 3rd expansion and gold if he decides to push out of my natural. He does. He gets rocked by my tanks.

Push my tanks and m&ms remaining to the side of my gold closer to his base. Rebuild.

Say "fuck it, I'm going battlecruisers."

Build a few ravens for good measure.

See a ton of drop ships yet again. They outrun my battle cruisers and make it to my 3rd expand. Drops marauders. Only marauders. So many marauders. Battlecruisers take care of business.

Get to his natural. He had even more marauders there, with...banshees! A couple vikings popped out as I got there.

Not even a gg.

I love bronze, and having slightly more confidence than when I first started.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
1.3 is live is SEA, all the proposed changes went through.

n4ifk.jpg

maybe sanszenith should've stuck with national service.

They removed the backdoor rocks in Shakuras...

and patch list:

thebigblizz said:
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Patch 1.3.0

General

Leagues & Ladders

A new Grandmaster League has been added for 1v1 ladders. This league represents the Top 200 players in each region.
Players are automatically drafted into the Grandmaster League shortly after a new season starts, and will remain in the Grandmaster League until the end of the season. If a Grandmaster player’s available bonus points get too high due to inactivity, they will be automatically removed from the league and a replacement player will be drafted in.
The Grandmaster League can be viewed by all players through the new Leagues & Ladders > Grandmaster page.
The bonus pool has been reduced for arranged teams.
Leagues will now be locked during the final weeks of the season. As a result players will not accumulate additional bonus points and will not be promoted or demoted out of their current division during this period.
This will allow players to focus on moving up in their current league without being promoted during the final weeks of a season, and having to fight their way up from the bottom ranks of their new higher league.
Players can still utilize any bonus points they previously accumulated.
Ladder data from the prior season can be viewed through the new Leagues & Ladders > Last Season page.
New league icons have been introduced to indicate division rank. These will indicate the Top 8, 25 and 50 players in each division.

Loss counts are no longer displayed in Profile and Ladder pages for players below Master League.

Join Custom Game

Several improvements have been made to the Join Custom Game section:
The Details panel has been removed from this page. Map details are now shown inside a tooltip for each game.
Players can now bookmark their favorite custom games! The number of times a game has been bookmarked will be shown in that game's tooltip.
Games are now organized into several pages to make finding your desired game type easier:
Featured: Our team is always on the lookout for new games that are lots of fun. Our latest favorites are shown on this page.
Most Popular: Shows all game types, with the most played games sorted to the top.
By Category: This page allows you to browse through Custom Games based on Category.
Up & Coming: This page highlights games that other players are recommending, but haven't yet become popular.
Fun or Not: From this page you can automatically join a random new Custom Game. After the game, players using Fun or Not are asked to recommend the map (or not). Recommending maps helps get them onto the Up & Coming page.
Recently Played: The last several games you’ve played are shown here. Use this to quickly get back into games you play often, or to easily bookmark a game you enjoyed playing.
Bookmarks: Use this page to view your Bookmarked maps.
A search option has been added to the Join Custom Game interface.

Observer and Replay UI

New panels are now available when observing or viewing a replay of 1v1 games. These panels can be toggled via hotkeys which are shown under the Leader Panel drop-down.
Player Name Panel: Displays the players' name, team color, race, and supply count.
Stat Comparison Panels: Shows a head-to-head comparison of players' resources, army supply, units killed, or APM.
In 1v1 observed games, both players’ resource rows are shown in the upper right at the same time.
The main game UI can now be hidden/shown via hotkey.
You can now toggle between player unit colors and team unit colors when watching a replay or observing.

Game Options

A new Control page is available from the Options menu. You'll find Mouse, Keyboard and Scrolling options within this new page.
A new menu option is available in the Gameplay page to change the behavior of Control Group Buttons. These can now be set to ignore mouse clicks or be hidden completely.
The existing menu option under the Gameplay page for Menu Bar Buttons now also supports hiding the Menu Bar.

Balance

GENERAL
Players can no longer hide units by setting them in a close proximity patrol (ex: Viking flower).

PROTOSS

Mothership
Units leaving the Mothership's Vortex are now un-targetable and immune to damage for 1.5 seconds.

High Templar

Khaydarin Amulet upgrade (+25 starting energy) has been removed.

Zealot

Charging Zealots will now hit fleeing targets at least once.

TERRAN

Battlecruiser

Movement speed increased from 1.406 to 1.875.

Bunker

Build time increased from 35 to 40 seconds.

Ghost

EMP now drains up to 100 energy instead of all available energy. The effect on Protoss shields remains unchanged.

Tech Lab

Stimpack upgrade research time increased from 140 to 170 seconds.

ZERG

Infestor

Fungal Growth

Stun duration decreased from 8 to 4 seconds.
Damage increased by +30% vs. armored units.
-editor stuff

scogoth

Once upon a time in troll land there were 3 trolls who decided to fast expand...

But they got triple 4 gated and the enemy was very bad mannered

But one of the trolls was protoss and built an over powered unit and had Spl1nter control the units while the other two macroed

This kids is why you never triple 4 gate gaffers....

Just had some fun testing the new zealot charge. They just keep on charging until they get a hit. We were getting them to chase speed roaches to make them charge really far.

Also the change not to display losses sucks. Why not give us the option? I'm not a whiny moron who is embarrased about my record. Let me see my actual record.

Spl1nter said:
so fucking retarded. good job making macro terran harder blizzard with stim taking longer.
Wah wah my OP master race is now OP 30 seconds later than before Wah. I mean it's not like Terran has Free bunkers or anything.

ultron87

SteveWinwood said:
They removed the backdoor rocks in Shakuras...

and patch list:

-editor stuff

So I thought for a second you meant that they removed the rocks but left the ramp.

Which would've been the crowning achievement in Blizzard map design.

BigAT

AdventureRacing said:
Just had some fun testing the new zealot charge. They just keep on charging until they get a hit. We were getting them to chase speed roaches to make them charge really far.

Also the change not to display losses sucks. Why not give us the option? I'm not a whiny moron who is embarrased about my record. Let me see my actual record.
It's just silly. Were people really clamoring for this change?

Besides, unless you're really low Bronze pretty much everyone's win rate is 50%, +/- 5% or so. By displaying someone's wins, you give a pretty good indication of what the players' losses are as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom