• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

ChronicleX said:
Wah wah my OP master race is now OP 30 seconds later than before Wah. I mean it's not like Terran has Free bunkers or anything.

its amazing how easy it is to make you qq about everything in the game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
AdventureRacing said:
Just had some fun testing the new zealot charge. They just keep on charging until they get a hit. We were getting them to chase speed roaches to make them charge really far.
That is absurd.

Also top 25 in my division only 1200 right now. But I doubt I'll be in play for long, maybe I'll luck into a new diamond or master league.

I want the top 8 silver icon though...

scogoth

Hazaro said:
That is absurd.

Also top 25 in my division only 1200 right now. But I doubt I'll be in play for long, maybe I'll luck into a new diamond or master league.

I want the top 8 silver icon though...

With terran attacking your own base it take less the 1:30 to lose adding in matchmaking and loading time at most a lose every 3 min. Thats 20 loses an hour, should put you in silver in a couple of hours.

Striek

I thought the charge change would make them connect more or less immediately (so they couldn't be kited without getting a hit off), which makes so much sense considering the ability only has a range of 4. Kind of disappointing to hear otherwise, but I'll wait to see it in action.

The changes to Shakuras look kind of iffy. I KNEW Blizzard was lying when they said it was removed for being 'boring' though, the back rocks vs. terran (especially for zerg) was obviously ridiculous. But still can't wait to play it. Backwater Gulch change is so epic though. I can only imagine it will make expansions MUCH easier to hold for every race.

scogoth said:
With terran attacking your own base it take less the 1:30 to lose adding in matchmaking and loading time at most a lose every 3 min. Thats 20 loses an hour, should put you in silver in a couple of hours.
I enjoy how well thought out your losing strategy is...but why wouldn't you just quit each game immediately?

Hazaro said:
That is absurd.

We thought it was hilarious. I need to test it with a zergling see if we can get them to charge across the whole map.

BigAT said:
It's just silly. Were people really clamoring for this change?

Besides, unless you're really low Bronze pretty much everyone's win rate is 50%, +/- 5% or so. By displaying someone's wins, you give a pretty good indication of what the players' losses are as well.

Exactly. I just can't believe that lots of people really wanted this change. I understand that for the most part my win rate will be around 50% (actually in team games particularly 4v4 its more like 80%) but id still like to be able to see it.

Also i like the new additions to the replays.

Striek said:
I thought the charge change would make them connect more or less immediately (so they couldn't be kited without getting a hit off), which makes so much sense considering the ability only has a range of 4. Kind of disappointing to hear otherwise, but I'll wait to see it in action.

I would definitely try it for yourself (i'd like to hear from someone else cause im probably doing something wrong). As far as i can tell charge is the same speed but you simply wont stop charging until you actually make a hit.

cdyhybrid

SteveWinwood said:
Loss counts are no longer displayed in Profile and Ladder pages for players below Master League.

Oh man, this will help me so much. No more stressing about staying over .500 because I won't remember what my record is after this goes live.

Edit: I think it should be toggleable, though.

scogoth

Striek said:
I enjoy how well thought out your losing strategy is...but why wouldn't you just quit each game immediately?

Want to make sure bnet knows that I'm bad. Not sure if immediate quits will do it.

Vaporak

AdventureRacing said:
Just had some fun testing the new zealot charge. They just keep on charging until they get a hit. We were getting them to chase speed roaches to make them charge really far.

Also the change not to display losses sucks. Why not give us the option? I'm not a whiny moron who is embarrased about my record. Let me see my actual record.

Does this mean Marauders can't slow a charging zealot anymore?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Infinite funning Zealots look retarded.

mcrae

scogoth said:
Want to make sure bnet knows that I'm bad. Not sure if immediate quits will do it.
i only play toss and zerg, am terrible with terran, so ive started playing with terran and just losing cause my terran is bronze/silver level and im playing diamond players lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
AdventureRacing said:
Lol i'll have to go check this out. If you can i think i could have some fun playing around with it.
Can you pretty please record?

scogoth

mcrae said:
i only play toss and zerg, am terrible with terran, so ive started playing with terran and just losing cause my terran is bronze/silver level and im playing diamond players lol

My zerg is terrible but I'm in the high silver low gold level already. Not sure when I should start winning

IceMarker

Corran Horn said:
Must...get...Lost Viking Gold Achievement...
Ah yes, the very first 'custom map', I still need to beat those achievements too. Then again I haven't touched the SP campaign in weeks... really need to finish Brutal.

SQUEEEEEEEEE PATCH 1.3 JOIN GAME IMPROVEMENTS

Striek

Corran Horn said:
I hate these games, plus the controls are killing my hands lol. Only tried 3 times, almost got 250k ;;
All you need to know is the powerups always cycle the same way, so you get the drones first (essentially two extra lives), then one of the weapons twice, then only get bombs. You will have so many bombs that anytime its close to dangerous you can just blow everything up.

scogoth

MrMister said:
Ah yes, the very first 'custom map', I still need to beat those achievements too. Then again I haven't touched the SP campaign in weeks... really need to finish Brutal.

SQUEEEEEEEEE PATCH 1.3 JOIN GAME IMPROVEMENTS

Bad patch! Get me into silver first!

scogoth

Slavik81 said:
Welp, no masters league for me. A valiant effort, but it seems I'm maybe mid-high diamond material.

It seems I can't get demoted not matter how much I lose. Maybe they locked them early?

Edit: HA INTO SILVER!

mcrae

scogoth said:
My zerg is terrible but I'm in the high silver low gold level already. Not sure when I should start winning

i dropped from bottom third of diamond to plat doing 5-6 kill your own CC, then 1 insta quit and i was in gold. 10 or so insta quits later im in gold. gonna stop at silver i think.

Holy shit baneling/ling destroys Toss. Won two of my three games against Toss tonight using it.

First game (Xel Naga Caverns): successfully held off mass Zealot 4-gate with all lings/banelings, two spine crawlers, and a queen. By the time I got over the shock of such a moral victory I realized I was quite behind, and ultimately lost to a shit ton of Colosus/Stalker/Sentry.

Second game (Xel Naga Caverns): Ok I cheated a bit. Scouted toss, saw him put down his second building and assumed it was a Cybernetics Core. Wasn't paying attention, then realized holy shit I'm getting 2-gated. Got my Roaches out in time to stop the push. Held off his second push with a couple Roaches and a majority of ling/baneling. He was so far behind after that I just waltzed up and finished him off.

Third game (Slag Pits): Once again held off 4-gate with ling/baneling/spine crawlers. Seems like the trick is to play a bit of Poke The Protoss - just micro back and forth buying time for more lings. Then attack in range of your Spine Crawlers and make sure the banelings explode on the Zealots. He was quite persistent with the rush, and I wound up getting a Lair/Hydras out to finish off the push. Then transitioned to heavy Muta and rolled over his armies multiple times, including 3-4 Colosus armies.

Weakness: VERY easy for your macro to slip. Also if Toss catches you off guard with a HT tech switch you could be fucked. In the third game my opponent managed to get some out, but by that time I had a couple Ultras and a shit ton of cash banked/map control. But a mid game transition could be deadly.

Also I noticed I became kinda compacent. I got drop tech to do some worker harass, but caught myself not teching up to better units. Given how cost efficient your army is, you can quickly get to Hive tech and have the option of going Ultra or Brood Lord. I stayed on Lair tech way too long in the first game, and didn't have enough cash to get a good Muta count.

Also I'd imagine a very good Toss could still destroy the build with 4-gate. Haven't tried it on Masters level folk or anything. Wonder what my brony Panda's experiences are in terms of protoss snuffing out the build

Yoshichan

scogoth said:
It seems I can't get demoted not matter how much I lose. Maybe they locked them early?

Edit: HA INTO SILVER!
Why do you want to go to silver that badly?

edit: wait, why are so many people wanting to downgrade their rank?

scogoth

Yoshichan said:
Why do you want to go to silver that badly?

edit: wait, why are so many people wanting to downgrade their rank?

So when the leagues get locked tonight I can ladder all next week in the lower leagues and place top 8. Then I get the cool-guy top 8 silver badge.

Yoshichan

scogoth said:
So when the leagues get locked tonight I can ladder all next week in the lower leagues and place top 8. Then I get the cool-guy top 8 silver badge.
But... what's the point in being top 8 in silver when you can be (example) top 8 in gold :lol?

Yoshichan said:
Can you pretty please record?

Eh it wasn't as good as i hoped. I'm not totally sure but it looks like the zealots just break out of the slow when they charge.

Also we tested a zergling on creep. The zealot was just slower and he gave up after a while, so you can't run as far as i thought.
Didn't get to charge across the map :(

Ashhong

Amulet removal makes me very, very sad. I wish they would increase their movement speed or something then. Now that I have to make the HT early, means I have to wait for their ass to move with my army.

mcrae

Yoshichan said:
But... what's the point in being top 8 in silver when you can be (example) top 8 in gold :lol?

instead of fighting a 20 minute extremely stressful back and forth game ultimately for no reason because i lose, i can play a bunch of games at an extremely casual pace, and still win

AND place top 8

scogoth

Yoshichan said:

Cause the silver one looks nicer. I'd want the plat one but thats too much work, next season I'll try for plat.

It's a shame cause i don't really know how charge worked before. It seems pretty much the same except they go 2 or 3 times as far.

Also i only just noticed that fungal growth was left as instant. I didn't realise they were doing that.

zlatko

Banned
BlueScrote said:
What is the GAF channel? (PM it to me if need be). I wasn't actively playing SC2 when the chat patch came out.

You bring up an interesting thought to my brain. Maybe to weed out the lurkers we should make a new Gaf channel on SC2 with a more unique name so only GAF members join.

I was wondering how the Zeniths were myself. <_<

IceMarker

Should I make my huge NeoGAF 2011 • Starcraft II Tournament Preview post at the top of the hour or later?

EDIT: Waiting for the next page...

IceMarker

Aylinato said:
no way in hell should that little amount of banelings destroy a shit-ton of z-lots
Anything can happen in the editor! You can make Collosi shoot up! You can make Mutalisks die a horrible death! You can throw Spider Mines at your mom!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aylinato said:
no way in hell should that little amount of banelings destroy a shit-ton of z-lots
i dont think he was being serious. >_>

*psot spam to get to next page to see what mrmister is talking about*

Aylinato

MrMister said:
Anything can happen in the editor! You can make Collosi shoot up! You can make Mutalisks die a horrible death! You can throw Spider Mines at your mom!

eh, I'd rather have banelings do that to marines that belonged to splinter(and his maraduers) just to give him a fair 'challenge'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom