• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

i find it hilarious that of the 6 viewers in your channel, one is me who doesnt have a clue what is goign on or why this is happening, and 2 are people who dont know anytihng about starcraft

... and there are 2 casters lol

Deadly said:
Seems so... Wonder why?
Root is not sponsored, not backed by a big corporation and doesn't pay salaries.
FXO is sponsored, backed by a big corporation and pays salaries.

That being said, I feel bad for Root. They are one of my favorite teams and hope they catch a break soon.

twofold

Trickster said:
None at all? kinda suprises me.

Root want to be taken on as a team or not at all. Their insistence on banding together has made it difficult to get sponsors.

Still, with the NASL and IGN proleagues coming up, I think they'll have an easier time of getting some sponsorship deals sorted.

Haunted

FXOqxc :eek:

syllogism said:
In fact FXO probably has the most generous sponsor currently, so I'm actually surprised their roster isn't better.
True.

Some of these players were probably chosen because they'll be able to play in the FXO events in Malaysia.

But tbh, Moonglade, Sheth, qxc, Moonan as the headliners is not a bad lineup at all.

Striek

So I play a PvZ on the new Shakuras, forge-FE, go 2stargate phoenixes...he sees this and goes muta/baneling anyway. I CRUSH his ~20 mutalisks so hard and pick up a ton of banelings for free....and four infestors come and kill 16 pheonixes in about 10 seconds with fungal before any of my ground units have a chance to get there.

New infestors are sick, goddamn. They were always sort of the counter to phoenixes but they generally needed some ground support because they did so little DPS. Now they're freakin' very fast, healthier HTs with kheydarin amulet... except their storm hits a bigger area and stuns the units so every successive storm always hits everything perfectly. Its crazy.

Not saying imba, just saying wow btw :p

Q8D3vil

damn, qxc left root :/
btw, he is the second member to left root to join FXO ( first one was sheth).

can't really blame him, FXOboss said on TL that he started paying his players since November so it must be hard to resist that.

hopefully their new member, rootprincess/kitty don't leave them, he have an insane mechanics and potential.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
He had a pretty poor track record in BW for leaving teams every other week, pretty sure he'll leave if someone offers him something better, which may not happen with his history.

Q8D3vil

Ikuu said:
He had a pretty poor track record in BW for leaving teams every other week, pretty sure he'll leave if someone offers him something better, which may not happen with his history.
yeah, i read that in teamliquid thats why i don't expect him to remain for more than 1 or 2 month's.

Ikuu

Not sure if he still has another year of college left, but he should be finished for the year soon and plans to go to Korea over the summer. Speaking of Korea, things have been pretty quite with regards to people going over to the foreigner house.

fanboi

Banned
What is the SC2 status over there?

Seems in every other region of the world, SC2 has sky rocketed (alot of tournaments and money to earn).

Ofc, none is near the BW status in SK not even within a country mile.

Tntnnbltn

The armies:

• Zerg force: 58 roaches + 17 lings + 2 infestors

• Protoss force: 36 stalkers + 11 zealots + 10 DTs + 3 immortals... oh, and one or two
    or 11
    sentries.

The battle:

pI4gE.jpg

vAV3K.jpg

dq25n.jpg

0MeIp.jpg

p93OO.jpg

Dat forcefield.

Don't look at my minerals and gas

IsayFever

Ikuu said:
Not sure if he still has another year of college left, but he should be finished for the year soon and plans to go to Korea over the summer. Speaking of Korea, things have been pretty quite with regards to people going over to the foreigner house.

I think it might be reality that they won't survive qualifiers, and if they do will be stuck in Code A for at least 1 season. That's like a negative in the money front

Mairu

I don't think it would be financially responsible to compete in Korea unless you can consistently get high results in Code S. With the amount of tournaments outside of Korea and the amount of leagues popping up, I don't really see the point outside of the prestige

ultron87

Tntnnbltn said:
Dat forcefield.

Shoulda fungaled that stalker ball. From what I hear (haven't played a zerg since the patch) Fungal Growth makes stalkers explode instantly these days.

Ikuu

Well you don't need to go for that long and I'd imagine being able to spend time in something of a team house and playing on the Korean ladder can only improve your game.

scogoth

Tntnnbltn said:
The armies:

• Zerg force: 58 roaches + 17 lings + 2 infestors

• Protoss force: 36 stalkers + 11 zealots + 10 DTs + 3 immortals... oh, and one or two
    or 11
    sentries.

10 DTs + 3 immortals

Thats all that was needed

Trickster

Pandaman said:
was he going pure ling into ultralisks?
because i was.

*Pandaman sees SS of zerg with 2k gas*

"looool why?!"

*someone points out Pandamans own SS with even more gas*

"it's different, I was gonna use it eventually on ultras"

syllogism

Ikuu said:
Why do you want to so few?
Basically because I want NA/EU players to win or finish in top 16 so the $400k doesn't end up simply sponsoring the korean scene. Plus more koreans might rob us of Goody

droopy

Tntnnbltn said:
The armies:

p93OO.jpg

The new overlays would work sooo much better in the selection area. I have no idea why they thought putting them in the middle of the screen was a good idea.

ultron87

droopy said:
The new overlays would work sooo much better in the selection area. I have no idea why they thought putting them in the middle of the screen was a good idea.

If they weren't so fucking gigantic they'd be great.

Cheeto

The overlays look like they sized and positioned it for standard definition television broadcasts... only explanation I can come up with.

Jeff-DSA

My friend and I have been playing a good bit of 2v2 lately and I feel that this game is way better balanced on the 2v2 matchups than the 1v1. You're allowed so much more diversity in your builds.

What's everybody's favorite race mix for 2v2s, and what are your least favorite matchups?

For us, we do really well with Terran/Protoss. There's something almost unfair with having a few sentries, some colossi, and some siege tanks mixed in with the marines. Siege tanks roll up, sentries keep enemies out of range with fields, and the colossi roast whatever tries to get close while the siege splash dominates. Just gotta make sure you have enough upgraded marines to deal with air.

I think Protoss/Zerg can be particularly had to deal with for us. Those banelings + force fields are deadly, and the new infestors are making everything melt under fungal growth + colossus.

Spl1nter

Jeff-DSA said:
My friend and I have been playing a good bit of 2v2 lately and I feel that this game is way better balanced on the 2v2 matchups than the 1v1. You're allowed so much more diversity in your builds.

:lol

Casuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom