• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ikuu said:
Next 5 players for NASL announced: Vibe, Moman, Moonglade, Stalife and Drewbie

Awesome!

2011&

Artosis hanging out with the TeSL players!

Ecto311

Snow said:
I believe that the other player is always favoured when playing against someone who is still in placement matches. And what your enemy being favoured means in the matchmaking system is that you can get a lot more points from a match when winning than losing. I guess it's a way deal with potential unfair matches with a strong player that is doing placements by giving the other player a low chance of losing lots of points and a high chance of gaining lots of points.

Makes sense I suppose but when it says he is favoured I think aww fuck.. then I win so easily - and think goddamn this computer thinks I suck if THIS guy was favoured. 59seconds in and 1 gas was made.

Tntnnbltn

Fucking proxy voidrays. Argh, fuck! Never even scouted where he hid the stargates. I thought I had it in the bag because I'd fully scouted his base, warped in units into the back to avoid the 5 photon cannon ramp. But then I mis-micro my forces in his base and they die. Next thing I know there fourfully charged voids in my base and no army to defend.

I want to get that top 8 spot, but I have to fight through so many layers of cheese.

IceMarker

s5vue.jpg

Nuclear Arcade 2.0 has been uploaded to Battle.net! This major update fixes some minor issues with Starcraft 2 v1.3 and introduces the ranking system and stat tracking!

-- Added Player Stat Tracking
-- Added Player Ranking System
-- Added Ranking System gameplay tip

-- Fixed the Medicinal Recharge powerup not recovering shields
-- Fixed many bugs related to Starcraft 2 patch 1.3
-- Muted the nuclear launch detection voice over
-- Removed Disruption Grenade powerup
-- Removed Duel Arcade game variant

EDIT: The Stat Tracking and Ranking Systems will be re-added at a later date.

Watching even the proplayer Zergs clump up their overlords and tech buildings made me think of something. In late game TvZ where Terran is confident he has a lead and will have a bigger army, might it be worth the investment to get cloaked ghosts and 1-2 nukes to almost completely annihilate the Zerg's supply and tech during the big battle?

I have yet to play an MP game (I want to get through the campaign to reacquaint myself after a prolonged absence from the Starcraft Universe) which means I will take the definitive last place when I add myself to the list.

:)

Zen

Banned
So overall how is everyone feeling about the Amulet being removed and the increased Stim research time? I haven't noticed too much difference with the buffed plague (SC2 name eludes me for some reason).

scogoth

Zen said:
So overall how is everyone feeling about the Amulet being removed and the increased Stim research time? I haven't noticed too much difference with the buffed plague (SC2 name eludes me for some reason).

Fucking sucks, amulet need to be put back to make toss op against zerg again. Fuck colossus

Jeff-DSA

Zen said:

I am so glad it is gone. Nothing was more infuriating than warping in high templars dropping storms. I am fine with the extra stim time, even as a Terran player. It is such a strong upgrade that it needed to be delayed in the early game a bit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I've been watching Bronze players a lot recently (my friends) and I think I can coach them pretty well. They went 4-1 and got into plat 2v2 which is pretty nice. No cheese allowed.

It's basically just:

Scouting (After depot/pylon/overlord)
Early early builds (up to 20 supply)
Keeping in tempo and not being caught up on little things
Scouting
Reacting to the scout (Understanding some common openings)
SCOUTING

Everyone should be hotkeying their scouting worker, setting move points, and tabbing back to it after you queue up workers / depot.

Also I went 11-0 by 4 gating. The first games felt kind of good. Then I 2 gated close spots against Zerg twice. Then I got 6 pooled by a guy twice in a row. He quit both games without a gg after he tried to attack my cannon :(

Ashhong

Zen said:

Sucks to high heaven. I hate having to build HT at my base and wait for them to catch up to my army as I walk across the map. Luckily its so late in the game that I don't have any kind of timings for it. Still annoying though.

Jeff-DSA

Ashhong said:
Sucks to high heaven. I hate having to build HT at my base and wait for them to catch up to my army as I walk across the map. Luckily its so late in the game that I don't have any kind of timings for it. Still annoying though.

The only way that they should have kept the amulet upgrade is to have made High Templars unable to be warped in. That would have been fine, but the warp and immediate storm play was too powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom