• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

i would actually suggesting checking out some of the unit tester maps. you can set up an army of one side, aka a bioball, then set up another on theother side, set both to have full energy, and then attack each other. you can practice your FFs and then with a press of a button the armies are reset to original health/placement and you can do it again!

Trickster

mcrae said:
i would actually suggesting checking out some of the unit tester maps. you can set up an army of one side, aka a bioball, then set up another on theother side, set both to have full energy, and then attack each other. you can practice your FFs and then with a press of a button the armies are reset to original health/placement and you can do it again!

I might try that out, thanks.

Spl1nter

Trickster said:
Yup, unfortunately I'm not as good as MC with forcefields so what normally happens is I either cut the army in a way that's bad for me, cut the army so that most of his bioball doesn't get trapped and he can just retreat and loose nothing, while my sentries spends precious energy, or third, I don't make a perfect wall and his units can easily stream through the opening(s) and crush my army with ease.

My main problem with having to go a super gas heavy build vs a bioball is that if I loose my army, i'm done, I lose. If he looses his army, he will have another one ready almost immediately.
Dont be afraid to come into the gaf channel and ask for help. Im sure a gaf member will step to teach you a few things for protoss.

Trickster

Spl1nter said:
Dont be afraid to come into the gaf channel and ask for help. Im sure a gaf member will step to teach you a few things for protoss.

the eu gaf channel is pretty sparse most of the time :p

Man, I have a terrible habit as (a terrible silver-should-be-bronze) zerg of blowing way too much of my stuff up in Terran marine/siege emplacements or slow-pushes.

I need to leave that stuff alone mostly and just try and harass elsewhere with mutas, nydus, or drops while teching and getting map control otherwise, right? I always come up with some "clever" idea and end up losing so much of my army so fast.

zlatko

Banned
Spl1nter said:

Is rolling your face across the keyboard really that hard? XD

Just kidding I have played Toss the most out of all 3 races. To get to silver league with Toss it was a matter of learning 4 gate, cannon rush, 2 gate proxy, 3 gate expand, and that's the builds I know so far and have practiced. The rest of the knowledge needed is the basics---what units beat what units, how to make control groups, some macro knowledge, make probes/pylons, try to keep money low, and learning when to make a push with your army.

Anything past this point is Gold + material.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
IsayFever said:
So pumped for ladder reset. Master League this season, believe
Today, right?

Tntnnbltn

It already happened earlier today for SEA.

rzJPz.jpg

X8wIT.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, butterflies in my stomach when I see that "!" :lol

YakiSOBA

Will our first placement matches in 1v1 be against someone of similiar hidden MMR?

Shit that is so much pressure to win that first placement match!

Yoshichan

Oh god, I completely forgot about the new system... only ONE placement match? Ugh.

Tntnnbltn

YakiSOBA said:
Will our first placement matches in 1v1 be against someone of similiar hidden MMR?

I doubt you'll change league from what you were before.

cdyhybrid

YakiSOBA said:

I think it's just to give the system something to allow it to place you in an appropriate spot in the division. I'm pretty sure how you performed during the lock will have a much larger effect.

Aylinato

jasonng said:
My placement match was a ZvZ. Needless to say I've been demoted to silver. This is going to be a long season.

hmm, maybe if i lose bad enough I can get into bronze and smurf everyone! muahaha

and maybe I'll get into diamond in 4v4!

jasonng

Well if what cdyhybrid said about the time during the lock is true, then maybe that's why I've been demoted. I lost a lot of games after season 1. I definitely don't feel like I should be in silver but it'll give me a chance to brush up on basics that I feel like I've been missing out.

I don't have to troll and faceroll people to boost my ego like you Aylinato. :)

syllogism said:
What were you before, gold?
Yeah I was top gold. Just played two matches both favored opponents, won both.

Aylinato

Deadly said:
With the new season I'm finally going to start playing 1v1s wish me luck guys!

I wish you luck entering the world of non-casuals!

Btw, next time we do a mono-battles im shouting

"Forever we will remember the archon toilet!"

syllogism

Now that I think about it, perhaps once the inactive players are removed, some players have to be demoted to maintain ratio between leagues

jasonng

slidewinder said:
Why would it be a "long season"? You'll just get promoted same as before, right?
I meant that in a good way. I fell off the ladder grind to play WoW during the first season. Now I'm aiming to becoming more active and hopefully hit diamond before the end of the second.

I wish there was a per-race 1v1 league placement. I'd like to be able to work on my Zerg game in the muck of mid-bronze where it belongs while also soaring to the lofty heights of high silver and even low gold with my sloppy Brotoss 4-gate.

Right now I can get some seriously screwy matchups depending upon which race I pick and how drunk I am.

edit: I see, jasonng. I thought maybe you were insinuating the existence of a seasonal lock-in I wasn't aware of.

Aylinato

syllogism said:
Now that I think about it, perhaps once the inactive players are removed, some players have to be demoted to maintain ratio between leagues

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

Actually, I hope it brings players back, but I wish they had a system that had a sort of demotion algorithm in case people just don't ladder after they get into master/diamond/plat

V_Arnold

I am in diamond as zerg (as of end of S1), but I feel I am not worthy of being there just yet. I need FAR better decision making than I have right now. So it is okay if I get demoted to plat/even gold now, and I get to climb up yet again. It is okay.

jasonng

slidewinder said:
I wish there was a per-race 1v1 league placement. I'd like to be able to work on my Zerg game in the muck of mid-bronze where it belongs while also soaring to the lofty heights of high silver and even low gold with my sloppy Brotoss 4-gate.

Right now I can get some seriously screwy matchups depending upon which race I pick and how drunk I am.

edit: I see, jasonng. I thought maybe you were insinuating the existence of a seasonal lock-in I wasn't aware of.

custom games or play with gaf. Or just play off race take those loses so you'll get demoted faster. It's not like the losses are visible on your record. :D

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
You can't really do that if you're say Diamond Zerg and want to learn Terran, you'd be stuck with customs which isn't really the best solution. They're supposedly going to add an unranked ladder in the future.

BigAT

I played, and won, my placement match a few minutes ago. I got placed back into Diamond, although I am pretty sure I would have (and should have) been even if I lost.

YakiSOBA

Okay I've finally solved (for now) my woes about TvP more or less... went on a freak laddering session last night and won 8 of 10 of my TvP's woooh!

Next is TvZ... can any zergs share some insight and tell me what your worst nightmare is when you are up versus a terran? Are you happy when you see mass bio since you will go banelings?

I played a lengthy TvZ last night and my first time kind of going more of a mech play (tanks, thors, vikings with some medium sized bio)... what happened was I made my push and my bio got raped by banelings at the front, but my mech destroyed his army and he GG'd...

but then I watched the replay and he was at 4 bases compared to my 2? Is mech the way to go then, or was that guy just terribad?

ultron87

Ikuu said:
Time to call it a day until next season!

But don't you see, unless someone is in Masters they always have a 100 percent win ratio! If you can't see losses they don't exist right?

My self-esteem is sky rocketing! Thanks Blizzard!

Jeff-DSA

I'm excited to get home and do my placement match.

Is there any reason why they kept it to one match? I haven't read details, but is your placement solely based on the one match, or does it include a little bit of info from last season in it? I have in-laws in town and I know when I place that my brother-in-law is going to be hovering over my shoulder the whole time, but I don't want to wait until Sunday night to place.

Aylinato

ultron87 said:
But don't you see, unless someone is in Masters they always have a 100 percent win ratio! If you can't see losses they don't exist right?

My self-esteem is sky rocketing! Thanks Blizzard!

until you get streamed live in a GAF night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom