• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

Damn, I'm getting killed in post count. I need to step my game up.

Curse you all and your ability to watch entertaining streams while I'm at work!

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
My friend works as an intern for NPR and managed to convinced a reporter doing a story about people who make money via creating original video content on the internet to interview Day9. He's not sure how much of the interview's content is going to make it into the piece, but at the very least Day9's going to get exposure to all the "Liberal elitists" who listen to NPR on a daily basis.

nilbog21

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
My friend works as an intern for NPR and managed to convinced a reporter doing a story about people who make money via creating original video content on the internet to interview Day9. He's not sure how much of the interview's content is going to make it into the piece, but at the very least Day9's going to get exposure to all the "Liberal elitists" who listen to NPR on a daily basis.

liberal elists ? lol the fuck? How about just intellectuals

and that is so fucking cool XD

i shit myself when i saw day 9 in the economist

Spl1nter

zlatko said:
You're screwed then. :p

Evidence of your low quality posts. I know you are ashamed of your posting quality and that is why lash out on others.

So everyone excited for the ladder reset? Will GAF's top ~10 players change?

zlatko

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Evidence of your low quality posts. I know you are ashamed of your posting quality and that is why lash out on others.

So everyone excited for the ladder reset? Will GAF's top ~10 players change?

Your words sting like Hydra spit. :(

I'm excited for the reset. Who is the top 10 of Gaf?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey guys.

As some of you know the first event of the MLG Pro Circuit starts on Friday. I wanted to know if you guys had plans for a thread. I was thinking of making a all encompassing MLG Dallas thread so that it contains all conversations about each game. Or did you guys have a plan for just an MLG Dallas SCII thread? And I could just make a Halo Reach thread? Lemme know, thanks.

zlatko

Banned
Spl1nter said:
http://sc2ranks.com/c/3465/neogaf/

1. Ezrarh
2. Elcheris
3. Mardil
4. Panda
5. Striek
6. Paz
7. Chanstaa
8. Vautrin
9. Holden
10. Coolio

I cannot confirm or deny any rumors.

My posts contain to much quality for me to be eurotrash

I don't see a shake up in the top 10 being who they are, but I do see shake ups on what place those 10 are in.

Also, why you no top 10 Splinter? You live/breathe SC2. You just hate 1v1 ladder or ?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Tashi0106 said:
Hey guys.

As some of you know the first event of the MLG Pro Circuit starts on Friday. I wanted to know if you guys had plans for a thread. I was thinking of making a all encompassing MLG Dallas thread so that it contains all conversations about each game. Or did you guys have a plan for just an MLG Dallas SCII thread? And I could just make a Halo Reach thread? Lemme know, thanks.

Splitting it for every game would create too many threads. We normally just have one thread per event, covering all the different games.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
EviLore said:
Splitting it for every game would create too many threads. We normally just have one thread per event, covering all the different games.

OK, that's cool by me. I'm going to create the thread then if that's OK. I don't know if anyone's claimed it already though.

zlatko

Banned
Spl1nter said:
You forgot about the girls. SO MANY GIRLS

3012327949_08de60ea41.jpg

and

172aa2c5dd.jpg

The glory and the girls are quite a site to behold indeed.

:p

Really though Splinter I'm curious why you don't have like a million 1v1 ladder games played already.

zlatko

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Because I actually dont play 1v1 that much.

Fair enough. You are definitely at a diamond level when I've seen you play if not better. Do you only play customs against Gaf to get better? I'm curious what your stress free training regiment is, because I might start doing that instead of getting cheesed on ladder so much. :(

Spl1nter

zlatko said:
Fair enough. You are definitely at a diamond level when I've seen you play if not better. Do you only play customs against Gaf to get better? I'm curious what your stress free training regiment is, because I might start doing that instead of getting cheesed on ladder so much. :(

Play 1v1 with gaf a bit. The reality is I have been waiting for this ladder reset for a while, plan to start playing after the reset. Only issue are finals during april, but after that I plan to play ladder.

Edit: Since I switched to terran I am focusing on each matchup individually. Right now I feel as if tvp is my strongest matchup but I still have a lot of room to improve and dont have a good opening I like but I think its a high diamond level at least. tvz I have a pretty good build but I havent played it enough. tvt I have played about 5 games in the past 3 months.

zlatko

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Play 1v1 with gaf a bit. The reality is I have been waiting for this ladder reset for a while, plan to start playing after the reset. Only issue are finals during april, but after that I plan to play ladder.

I look forward to you becoming top 10 in Gaf. You can replace Coolio as our Terran hope.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
nilbog21 said:
liberal elists ? lol the fuck? How about just intellectuals

and that is so fucking cool XD

i shit myself when i saw day 9 in the economist

I put it quotation marks to indicate sarcasm. Based on the shit NPR got after all the shit went down a few months ago, I know people don't find them too "neutral". I really couldn't care less about their leanings, though.

Trickster

Should it annoy me that the matchup that is far and away my best is PvP?

In PvT I continually get destroyed by the bioball regardless of if it's early, mid or late game, bioballs just crush me.

In PvZ I usually loose because I'm too passive and let the zerg get up a bigball of roach/hydra or muta's.

In PvP however I always go 4gate, simple because it seems to be the do or die build in PvP, and 80% of the time just crush my protoss opponent, even though they also 4gate most of the time.

Maybe I should just start going 4 gate every game regardless of the race, I'd probably reach diamond within a week of doing it :p

Edit - Case in point - started out my gaming session with a 5 lose streak, where none of my opponents were protoss. Right now though, I'm on a 7 game win streak and 5 of those games were PvP.

scogoth

Trickster said:
Should it annoy me that the matchup that is far and away my best is PvP?

In PvT I continually get destroyed by the bioball regardless of if it's early, mid or late game, bioballs just crush me.

In PvZ I usually loose because I'm too passive and let the zerg get up a bigball of roach/hydra or muta's.

In PvP however I always go 4gate, simple because it seems to be the do or die build in PvP, and 80% of the time just crush my protoss opponent, even though they also 4gate most of the time.

Maybe I should just start going 4 gate every game regardless of the race, I'd probably reach diamond within a week of doing it :p

Terran Bioball -> High Templars with Amulet, Colossus and voids with flux, archons with vortex or 4gate.

Seems 4gate is the only option left. Blizzards trying to tell you something.

Trickster

scogoth said:
Terran Bioball -> High Templars with Amulet, Colossus and voids with flux, archons with vortex or 4gate.

Seems 4gate is the only option left. Blizzards trying to tell you something.

I know that things like HT's and Colossus are the way to deal with bioballs. Problem I'm having is that by the time I have 3-4 collosus they just have such a big bioball that they 1a + stim into my army and win :(

Gah, bioballs annoy me so much. People whine a lot about 4gating, but that at least require you to micro if you wanna win.

Spl1nter

Trickster said:
I know that things like HT's and Colossus are the way to deal with bioballs. Problem I'm having is that by the time I have 3-4 collosus they just have such a big bioball that they 1a + stim into my army and win :(

Gah, bioballs annoy me so much. People whine a lot about 4gating, but that at least require you to micro if you wanna win.

forcefields are pretty good i hear.

Deadly

Trickster said:

Sentries? with 3-4 colossus, you should be able to make mince meat of the bioball...

Trickster

Spl1nter said:
forcefields are pretty good i hear.

Deadly said:
Sentries? with 3-4 colossus, you should be able to make mince meat of the bioball...

Yup, unfortunately I'm not as good as MC with forcefields so what normally happens is I either cut the army in a way that's bad for me, cut the army so that most of his bioball doesn't get trapped and he can just retreat and loose nothing, while my sentries spends precious energy, or third, I don't make a perfect wall and his units can easily stream through the opening(s) and crush my army with ease.

My main problem with having to go a super gas heavy build vs a bioball is that if I loose my army, i'm done, I lose. If he looses his army, he will have another one ready almost immediately.

scogoth

Trickster said:
Yup, unfortunately I'm not as good as MC with forcefields so what normally happens is I either cut the army in a way that's bad for me, cut the army so that most of his bioball doesn't get trapped and he can just retreat and loose nothing, while my sentries spends precious energy, or third, I don't make a perfect wall and his units can easily stream through the opening(s) and crush my army with ease.

Get more sentries then, through down ffs all over the map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom