• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ChronicleX said:
I might let you in on a secret someday panda =)
silly chronicle, if its starcraft related the moe~ has already revealed it to me.

but srsly, eu gaffers are welcome to join us on the battlefield
we would engage in gentlemanly combat.
and then we would snap your spine.

zlatko

Banned
Get on 8 base as Zerg.

Terran is only on main natural.

Roflstomp the whole place....guy doesn't GG.

Start sending a unit here and there to check for his holy grail base I musta missed.

Find 9000 thors.

Lose.

zlatko

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
It's so imba that Thors only take up 0.02 supply. Blizzard need to patch that shit.

:p

It sucks, because I was on a map I had no practice on. Not sure wtf it was called. There was so many places to expand to though. I had scouted a few of the places I hadn't owned as the game went on. When he was getting on his third near his main/natural I went in for the kill thinking that this was it.

He had massed up the factories in the one corner I had not scouted. Once I took out his main/natural... and what I thought was his third. I took my army to check a few other spots up top, and my creep was not spread up there enough, so when he made his Thor Push he took out 3 hatcheries extremely quick. I get down there and the positioning for the fight didn't favor me, but if I didn't try to fight him then he'd take out another hatch.

Throughout the game he did some harassment with vikings to take out some overlords. He also had an incredible wall of ass kickery when I tried to take out his main/natural/third. Lots of units, but they were there to only buy him more time for the thors.

I also screwed up on not using my push then to set up myself for end game units(blords/ultralisks). I tried to engage the thors with a big roach/hydra army and a few corruptors. I grabbed a few of the Thors to shoot at the others, but where we engaged was a small choke so I was fucked. As I tried to remass with the few hatchers I had left during that fight... the units on the rally points for the hatches passed right by the Thors so they were picked off. I had a lot of drones at 2 of the hatcheries he took out, and my main and natural were mined out by that point. I just wasn't able to remass or sustain myself to stall for time somewhere else on the map and make Blords.

It just stinks that 1 little bit of info being missed(that base being hidden) cost me a game where I was so far out in the lead.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
One of these days you need to run me through a Zerg training regiment. The stuff I'm doing on my own just isn't cutting it. :(
my training is mostly just me reminding people about ovies and constantly getting people to set small goals.

but sure, the nanoha offer is always on the table.
its now also interchangeable with my little pony.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
*bored*
*watches the tourney night i missed last week*

mp85T.jpg

50aWo.jpg

i seem to be in good company. >_>
my cheeks are alittle rosy!

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
zlatko said:
Get on 8 base as Zerg.

Terran is only on main natural.

Roflstomp the whole place....guy doesn't GG.

Start sending a unit here and there to check for his holy grail base I musta missed.

Find 9000 thors.

Lose.

This has happened to me on more than one occasion. Since then, I've learned to always, ALWAYS tech when I'm up. If you have 2+ more expansions than your enemy, you will win as long as you have better tech then them.

For Terran, the best solution is always to go Ultra's. Nothing can really stop them (save a massive Tank wall, but if you know how to run diversions they really aren't a threat). Don't think you can win the game by just out-expanding.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
what really spooked me ingame was he started firing before my banes even unloaded. >_>
i still get all but 1 probe

Striek

Pandaman said:
another entry for GAF gaffes:
5byRx.gif

Striek seems to have adopted a frightful scorched earth policy to his expansions...
I was wondering how 4 banelings killed my expansion. AAARRRGGGHHH misclicks.

Edit: Actually I'm going with pity nexus sacrifice >_>

Pandaman said:
what really spooked me ingame was he started firing before my banes even unloaded. >_>
i still get all but 1 probe
Baneling speed imba! Clearly I had gosu minimap vision (that time).

Striek

Boken said:
Hahaha I thought Striek noticed and was shamefully pretending it didnt happen.
I would have been blissfully ignorant if not for Pandas unscrupulous need to bring everyones foibles to light...

...that is to say, had I not know about it because I did it deliberately.

Yeah. Thats it.

Played my first SC2 MP match last night in the practice ladder. It was premature for me to play a match because I don't know the trees at all. It was humorous because while I lost, it was only because what Terran units I thought were Anti-air were in fact not. So when I caught him going with air units, I ended up screwing myself. That and the fact that the practice maps put fucking rocks at your choke point preventing any kind of scouting or early harass.

But yea, in the end I need to learn the units better before I start doing online stuff. L2P. Things have changed a bit since my BW days.

ultron87

Awesome Animals said:
Played my first SC2 MP match last night in the practice ladder. It was premature for me to play a match because I don't know the trees at all. It was humorous because while I lost, it was only because what Terran units I thought were Anti-air were in fact not. So when I caught him going with air units, I ended up screwing myself. That and the fact that the practice maps put fucking rocks at your choke point preventing any kind of scouting or early harass.

But yea, in the end I need to learn the units better before I start doing online stuff. L2P. Things have changed a bit since my BW days.

Just play some skirmishes vs computer and you'll get the units down in no time.

And yes, you should absolutely skip the practice matches once you feel you are ready to go online. Not only do they have stupid rocks, but they also are played at a slower speed.

Boken

Banned
Yeah practice matches are terrible. While the idea is good, I'm not sure it readies people for the shock that is 'faster' and open bases. Best to beat a hard computer then level up in bronze.

Striek

Better to simply skip practice and jump into ladder altogether. You'll be placed in bronze and working your way up through the leagues is(/was) the most fun part of SC2.

Who cares if you lose a bunch to begin with?

IceMarker

Boken said:
What are everybody's goals for season 2? Me? I think I'll aim for masters.
If S2 is as long as S1 was? Diamond, if not I'll take the short goal and get back into Platinum.

As for team Leagues, I want Gold or Platinum minimum in each.

BigAT

MrMister said:
If S2 is as long as S1 was? Diamond, if not I'll take the short goal and get back into Platinum.

As for team Leagues, I want Gold or Platinum minimum in each.
Mass Void Rays = auto diamond for 3v3 and 4v4.

ultron87

Boken said:
What are everybody's goals for season 2? Me? I think I'll aim for masters.

Ideally I'd like to get Masters.

And I'm sure I can do it if I actually start laddering and play at least a decent number of games every day. I just don't know if I'll be motivated enough to actually hunker down and do it.

Spl1nter

So many undeserving gaf members in higher leagues than they should be because they play toss.

I wake up this morning to see how well my little statement did. Ultron I think I deserve a high five or a pat on the back. lol

Poor EuroGaf missing out on all the inside jokes because they are not on NA.

Jeff-DSA

I guess I'm fine with just getting into Gold 1v1 and I'd like to shoot for Platinum 2v2. In my 1v1 matches I typically beat the Gold players they match me up with (probably like a 66% win rate there), and I never lose to Bronze players ever. I have a strong win rate against fellow Silvers as well, but I don't think I'm a Platinum level player by any means.

In my 2v2s, my friend and I are winning most of our matches, whether we're favored or not. I think we'll probably place Gold this season as we stomped all over Silver last season, especially toward the end. I'd hope that we could improve enough to get to Platinum by season's end.

Won said:
My goal is to actually play the game again from time to time.
Pretty much.

Playing SC2 is not as good as watching pros play and the fact that the game is way to stressful. I'll see if I can stay in gold.

Ecto311 said:
Glad I'm not the only one:
I got season 2 demotion :(.

Goal for season 2 is to avoid just throwing the game away...

Or try and move from gold back to platinum and hopefully diamond. But just getting back to platinum seems like its gonna be hard.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ChronicleX said:
If you keep this stupidity up Yoshi will have to fight for the title of biggest baby, you been trespassin on his turf too much recently.
Trespassing MY turf? No one does that, now shut up while I head over to my Grand Master buddies.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I was thinking about skipping the practice matches after that one, mostly because of the rock bs, so I'm glad everyone pretty much confirmed that for me. lol

How does the friends list work on battle.net? Is there a GAF master list where I can start adding y'all? I'm on the NA server, and my username is AwesmeAnimal. Stupid character limit.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
TheThunder said:
Pretty much.

Playing SC2 is not as good as watching pros play and the fact that the game is way to stressful. I'll see if I can stay in gold.

Solution: play custom matches/ladder with your buds in 2v2/3v3. Worked for me when 1v1 proved far too stress-inducing.

abunai

Man, since the patch I can't log in..
A friend said mobile authenticators were having problems due to the clocks going forward but still no dice.

Blizzard sure take their time to reply to tickets :/

ksan

Being a 3.6k diamond was kinda getting old so I was really looking forward to season 2!

And this is what happened after my placement which was a zvz win on scrap station!
QmKx1.png

ahoyhoy said:
Solution: play custom matches/ladder with your buds in 2v2/3v3. Worked for me when 1v1 proved far too stress-inducing.
I find the Fyndor AI maps (search for "Fyn" in custom games) a pretty fun way to work on mechanics when 1v1 is too much, too. Waaaaaaaaay more interesting AI than the built-in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom