• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

scogoth

Wow didn't know ponycraft was a real thing.
PonyCraftKerrigan.jpg

P.S. I expect free lessons because of this.

Laddering is really pissing me off. You win like 3 games and go up like 2 ranks. Lose one and you lose like 162736813 points and move down like 10. Fucking dumb.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MisterAnderson said:
Am I in the right thread?
you kidding? im surprised starcraft gaf doesnt accidentally wander into pony threads from time to time thinking they're the starcraft threads.

zlatko

Banned
MisterAnderson said:
Am I in the right thread?

Unfortunately, yes you are. The pony fad started off as alright, because it was in small doses, but now it's like everyone and his mom in any thread anywhere has a pony avatar or will post some lame picture/gif of the shit.

Usually Gaf has good tastes on what fads it picks up----like last years awesome Woody from Toy Story action figure thread and avatars which were hilarious....but the pony stuff makes me question peoples sanity. >_> I mean you can spin it anyway you want, but at the end of the day you are a grown man watching a kid show for little girls about fucking ponies and if that isn't Forever Alone virgin material I don't know what is.

<3 Panda's moe... hate Panda's pony love. <3 Panda overall....but miss the frakenchick avatars. He's gone to a very dark place...and I suspect a pony related picture will be his response.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How did this pony shit start?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
I mean you can spin it anyway you want, but at the end of the day you are a grown man watching a kid show for little girls about fucking ponies and if that isn't Forever Alone virgin material I don't know what is.
P0vhu.png

<3 Panda's moe... hate Panda's pony love. <3 Panda overall....but miss the frakenchick avatars. He's gone to a very dark place...and I suspect a pony related picture will be his response.
m5N8q.jpg

Yoshichan said:
How did this pony shit start?
hasbro commissioned a new my little pony show but also hired some highly talented people to do it.

anyway when ti was announced, a ton of people on 4chan and SA got together to watch/mock the first few episodes.
turns out most of them liked it and the series spread from there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is that so, haha...

Just did my placement match... lost horribly. My nerves were fucking killing me. I miss clicked the mineral line... no one was working for 4 seconds or something...

zlatko

Banned
Respecting dat Relax. ;)

Interesting read by one of the developers, but honestly I don't feel for a second the majority of the people who are following the fad fall into adult parents who watch the show with their kids, and are instead just a part of another thing started by 4chan for lulz.

Does the show actually have a lot of humor only adults can pick up on like Freakazoid did back in the day? You can still watch Freakazoid episodes today and get a big laugh. I don't doubt the show is good for the age group it was intended for, especially since the creator also did Power Puff Girls which I watched when I was young.

Anyways-------major off topic. Sorry for the derailment.

Anyone seen any new builds using chargelots? I think P may have a new possible strong timing push now that involves a strong Zealot army with the charge ability against Zergs for sure.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
Does the show actually have a lot of humor only adults can pick up on like Freakazoid did back in the day? You can still watch Freakazoid episodes today and get a big laugh. I don't doubt the show is good for the age group it was intended for, especially since the creator also did Power Puff Girls which I watched when I was young.
i dunno, do kids these days watch the original star trek series?

maybe you should actually give it a chance and see for yourself. ;)

Anyone seen any new builds using chargelots? I think P may have a new possible strong timing push now that involves a strong Zealot army with the charge ability against Zergs for sure.
being on the zerg end of the stick, i love chargelots as they're free kills and makes efficient forcefields in the early battle extremely hard as the zealots get so far ahead of the sentries with the speed buff and the charge ability will typically autocast before toss has sentries in range to cast anything but defensive FF's.

if i wa a toss, id only get charge if you could turn off the autocast and just have the zealot legs buff.

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
i dunno, do kids these days watch the original star trek series?

maybe you should actually give it a chance and see for yourself. ;)

being on the zerg end of the stick, i love chargelots as they're free kills and makes efficient forcefields in the early battle extremely hard as the zealots get so far ahead of the sentries with the speed buff and the charge ability will typically autocast before toss has sentries in range to cast anything but defensive FF's.

if i wa a toss, id only get charge if you could turn off the autocast and just have the zealot legs buff.

Fair enough. Got a link so I can see the first 2 episodes? If I'm gonna hate I better not be ignorant in my approach. I'll go in with the open mind of PowerPuff Girls was cool so this may be too.

Pandaman said:

You can do that, you can even manually cast it on your own units/buildings to use it as an escape tool. Problem is since the change to charge when you do this trick, your own unit always gets hit.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
Fair enough. Got a link so I can see the first 2 episodes? If I'm gonna hate I better not be ignorant in my approach. I'll go in with the open mind of PowerPuff Girls was cool so this may be too.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pensivepony

the first two episodes are kinda sailor moonish, whereas the rest are episodic with little tangible continuity beyond character introductions.

if the first two episodes dont sell you, jump ahead to bridle gossip would be my recommendation.

Yoshichan

WTF just happened? I was placed in 82th place in Diamond with 12 bonus pool

I played ONE game against someone who said "Where you from", I told him I was from Sweden and he rage quit (?!). I got 32 points and got to division rank 11. 82 to 11, from a rage quit...?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Leave Panda alone. Not for the sake of Pony-GAF, not for the sake of Zergies everywhere, but for the sake of this beautiful and sanctified thread I like semi-lurking.

Yoshichan

"haha holy shit..........! stim got nerfed my ass, fuck the blood stim"

wat

Yoshichan

Wow, what the fuck is going on with diamond?

I've had someone d/c on me when I said I'm from Sweden.

I've had someone start his FIRST pylon in my base, rage quit as soon as my marine showed up.

I've had a zerg whine about "blood stim" (???) when I successfully managed to defend against his baneling bust.

3/3 matches has been weird, weird, weird...

edit: :D Finally a "real match". 4 gate :lol Too bad he sucked.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
YakiSOBA said:
dumb question: can terrans wall off bottom of ramp with just depot and rax? i thought blizz changed something like that?
yes.

they changed it so you couldnt wall off with two 1x1 structures. [2pylons/2supply]

Yoshichan

I keep hitting on those fucking things while I micro:

keMMZ.jpg

Just lost a game because of this bullshit. How do I turn them off?

Yoshichan

ultron87 said:
So you're clicking the small icons on the extreme side of the screen while you're microing?
Yes, I do. I'm not the only one. Have an answer?

Yoshichan

ChronicleX said:
No you are the only one. The answer is don't click them.
Shut up troll, I know plenty of people with the same problem. Since no one's answering, I guess there's no solution. Oh well :)

YakiSOBA

Personally, I've never clicked anywhere near that area of the screen -- never had a problem with it. If anything, I wished they were bigger or flashier so I can see when my MULE's run out.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I order a steel series Kinzu last week but when the mail man delivered the package this morning I was shocked to discover they sent me a Logitech G1 mouse... :<

Barstewards!

Boken

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Wow, what the fuck is going on with diamond?

I've had someone d/c on me when I said I'm from Sweden.

I've had someone start his FIRST pylon in my base, rage quit as soon as my marine showed up.

I've had a zerg whine about "blood stim" (???) when I successfully managed to defend against his baneling bust.

3/3 matches has been weird, weird, weird...

edit: :D Finally a "real match". 4 gate :lol Too bad he sucked.

My platinum opponents have all been better than that (I still need to gfto of plat). Clearly NA > EU.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
F#A#Oo said:
I order a steel series Kinzu last week but when the mail man delivered the package this morning I was shocked to discover they sent me a Logitech G1 mouse... :<

Barstewards!

o_O wtf, ring them yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom