• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
How does the friends list work on battle.net? Is there a GAF master list where I can start adding y'all? I'm on the NA server, and my username is AwesmeAnimal. Stupid character limit.
Hang out in the NeoGAF chat channel and you can even just add everybody that joins that.

slidewinder said:
I find the Fyndor AI maps (search for "Fyn" in custom games) a pretty fun way to work on mechanics when 1v1 is too much, too. Waaaaaaaaay more interesting AI than the built-in one.
Or practice the multitasking trainer - which I find quite fun. It's like an extension to the single player challenges SCII already has.

IceMarker

2wq5xrk.png

The 17th weekly dedicated GAF night! Season 2 has arrived!

Information Guru said:
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Custom Maps>

Streams and Misc. Info
-MrMister's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live
-Corran Horn's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065
FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK, WE SALUTE YOU!

ksan

Corran Horn said:
Ebay maybe? You only need the code, other than that, whatever sites that import games to euro land I would guess.
Ye, I'd prefer just the code, bit scared to buy from someone who wouldn't be legit.

Trickster

If I want to use the facebook option to find friends in starcaft 2, will it's just send friend requests to all the people on my facebook friends list that it detects has a bnet account ?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Trickster said:
If I want to find the facebook option to find friends in starcaft 2, will it's just send friend requests to all the people on my facebook friends list that it detects has a bnet account ?
i'm pretty sure it presents you with a list, then you can pick which ones you want to send a real ID friend request to

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Got the OK from a mod to make the MLG Dallas thread. It goes up tomorrow. Good luck to any of those competing :)

q_q

Damn it! Placed into Bronze AGAIN! But I'm being matched against and beating silvers pretty frequently now. Think I'll move up soon?

Trickster

Just played my placement match, won after 20 seconds because the other guy left. Afterwards got placed in the gold division. Not quite how I imagined my placement match would go, but I'll take it!

Silver last season btw :)

Tashi0106 said:
Got the OK from a mod to make the MLG Dallas thread. It goes up tomorrow. Good luck to any of those competing :)
See that shit Haunted ??

He's volunteering to make a thread instead of you bullying someone into making it. Jerk.

Jeff-DSA

q_q said:
Damn it! Placed into Bronze AGAIN! But I'm being matched against and beating silvers pretty frequently now. Think I'll move up soon?

When you say pretty frequently, is that 2 or 3, or more? It takes several wins above your standing and then the inevitable loss against the person way above your standing to get moved. It's funny how you generally get placed higher after a loss.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
TheThunder said:
See that shit Haunted ??

He's volunteering to make a thread instead of you bullying someone into making it. Jerk.
Pfft I can make it, but the heavy protoss favored ot might make people mad lol

Trickster

How can I update my profile on sc2ranks.com so the stats are up to date? there's a thing called "queue refresh" but it doesn't seem to do a damn thing when it click it, other than tell me it can take a few minutes, but nothing happens even after several minutes.

q_q

Jeff-DSA said:
When you say pretty frequently, is that 2 or 3, or more? It takes several wins above your standing and then the inevitable loss against the person way above your standing to get moved. It's funny how you generally get placed higher after a loss.
Well so far in season 2 I'm 3-1 against silvers out of like 10 games total played. The rest were against bronze players obviously. Just gonna keep playing and hope for the best I guess.

Trickster

trying to queue for a ladder game, get the message that I need to restart my game because some update needs to be applied.

I restart, and it installs patch 1.3.1. The game starts up and I want to log in.

*You are trying to to log in using a client not recognized by the battle.net service*

really blizzard? really? <_<

eu server btw.

scoobs

Dude i quit playing actual 1v1s for about 6 months and I just started again and HOLY FUCK everyone is a million quadrillion times better than me. Haven't won a match yet in 1v1 2v2 or 3v3 in 2 days. What a downer :(

I was diamond in season 1 and i won my placement match against a diamond player. I got placed in platinum.

I think it might be because of how little i laddered, i only ended up with like 400 points last season.

Trickster

scoobs said:
Dude i quit playing actual 1v1s for about 6 months and I just started again and HOLY FUCK everyone is a million quadrillion times better than me. Haven't won a match yet in 1v1 2v2 or 3v3 in 2 days. What a downer :(

Strange. I did pretty much the same thing a few weeks ago, and I had no real problems, I even got promoted from silver to gold today.

Though if you're in the platinum or higher, I could imagine that they are improving more significantly than the lower leagues due to the more competetive players being there.

scoobs

Trickster said:
Strange. I did pretty much the same thing a few weeks ago, and I had no real problems, I even got promoted from silver to gold today.

Though if you're in the platinum or higher, I could imagine that they are improving more significantly than the lower leagues due to the more competetive players being there.
I used to be in diamond but i hadnt played since "season 2" started. I'm just getting slaughtered by everyone

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TheExodu5 said:
I haven't followed pro SC2 in a few months...does that mean Idra quit Korea now?
yes

zlatko

Banned
AdventureRacing said:
I was diamond in season 1 and i won my placement match against a diamond player. I got placed in platinum.

I think it might be because of how little i laddered, i only ended up with like 400 points last season.

I was Silver and got back into silver. :( Got into gold on my 3v3 which was silver last season though. Everything else stayed the same.

been playing random my toss is pretty bad and my terran is awful, placed in silver went 3-0 win for each race then rolled terran twice in a row and died. Should have one the second but i got too excited when I killed the zergs nat and just rallied too many single file marines into the remaining zergilings and I had to scramble to get a nat up. guy must have been banking a ton of gas as he poped just enough mutas to be annoying after he re expoed and I usually win or die as Terran long before things get to this stage so I just failed in my follow up.

Boken

Banned
scoobs said:
Yeah I know how you feel : (

And I wish I wasn't in class most of the week when GAF nights are on!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yikes, I haven't played for a couple months either (been keeping up with GSL though) and was thinking about shooting for diamond/masters in the summmer :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom