• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
perryfarrell said:
I'm seeing the name MescalineEyes in an Italian SC2 tourney that starts today. Is that the Gaffer that posts here?

Wouldn't be surprised, he's entered in a few smaller tourneys here and there! link us up!

Yep that him, he's been getting coaching etc for the last few months in prep for it. Considering who is in it, he has a decent shot at it too.

Oh and LOL@Yoshi, when will you learn?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ChronicleX said:
Oh and LOL@Yoshi, when will you learn?
giraffe.jpg

Trickster

Can anyone explain to me how the points on the ladder work since the start of season 2? As far as I understood, everyone had pretty much everything except MMR reset. Yet I see people in my division that seems to have way more points that they should be able to, when I look at how many wins they have, and compare that to their match history.

For instance, one guy in my division has played 2 games since ladder reset, one of them being the placement match which doesn't give points. The game he won after that, gave him 25 points according to his match history. But he's number 8 in my division with 82 points?

There are several other ppl like that, where the points displayed in the division list is disproportionately high when I compare it to their match history.

Just curious since I seem to be one of the few ppl in my division top 8 that doesn't seem to have an overly high amount of points compared to my games played.

scogoth

Trickster said:
Can anyone explain to me how the points on the ladder work since the start of season 2? As far as I understood, everyone had pretty much everything except MMR reset. Yet I see people in my division that seems to have way more points that they should be able to, when I look at how many wins they have, and compare that to their match history.

For instance, one guy in my division has played 2 games since ladder reset, one of them being the placement match which doesn't give points. The game he won after that, gave him 25 points according to his match history. But he's number 8 in my division with 82 points?

There are several other ppl like that, where the points displayed in the division list is disproportionately high when I compare it to their match history.

Just curious since I seem to be one of the few ppl in my division top 8 that doesn't seem to have an overly high amount of points compared to my games played.

Could be bonus pool but that would put him at 50points not 82. Are you sure its not 2 wins not 2 games? With 2 wins and bonus pool he could get to 82.

NukeDukem said:
So moe I'm going to die

fluffy.jpg

Trickster

scogoth said:
Could be bonus pool but that would put him at 50points not 82. Are you sure its not 2 wins not 2 games? With 2 wins and bonus pool he could get to 82.

it's 2 games that he won both of, but one of them displays no points gained, which is because it's the placement match, and I also don't see how bonus pool could play a part since that's factored into the 25 points he's gotten from the non-placement match game.

scogoth

Trickster said:
it's 2 games that he woth both of, but one of them displays no points gained, which is because it's the placement match, and I also don't see how bonus pool could play a part since that's factored into the 25 points he's gotten from the non-placement match game.

Don't know what to tell you then other then hax. Points don't really matter anyways, its all about beating spl1nter.

Trickster

scogoth said:
Don't know what to tell you then other then hax. Points don't really matter anyways, its all about beating spl1nter.

I'm on the EU server so that's not an option for me unfortunately, would love to 4 gate him though :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Tashi0106 said:
MLG thread is up

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26830846#post26830846

Is MLG a big deal for you StarCraft guys? Like, are the rule sets all good and the top players actually do play in them?
yes and yes.

mlg actually uses custom edits of ladder and tourney maps that address community issues blizzard hasn't yet, such as spawn imbalances and some obnoxious abuse techniques. they're pretty appreciated for everything but those damned extended series. lol.

ultron87

Tashi0106 said:
MLG thread is up

Is MLG a big deal for you StarCraft guys? Like, are the rule sets all good and the top players actually do play in them? I play Halo so I have no idea.

MLG is definitely a big deal since right now it's one of the major players in Starcraft in North America.

And the rules are pretty good. Except for extended series which is still... controversial. And the map pool this year is infinitely better than last year's.

I'd not be surprised at all if the MLG thread is mostly Starcraft talk.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Other gaming GAF doesn't know what's going to hit them if they've not entered one of the 1000 GSL TSL Dreamhack IEM or anything else threads!

full force lads!

am super excite, got the house to myself this weekend so plan on getting this bad boy up on the big TV

Trickster

HolyCheck said:
Other gaming GAF doesn't know what's going to hit them if they've not entered one of the 1000 GSL TSL Dreamhack IEM or anything else threads!

full force lads!

am super excite, got the house to myself this weekend so plan on getting this bad boy up on the big TV

SC2gaf fighting!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
ultron87 said:
MLG is definitely a big deal since right now it's one of the major players in Starcraft in North America.

And the rules are pretty good. Except for extended series which is still... controversial. And the map pool this year is infinitely better than last year's.

I'd not be surprised at all if the MLG thread is mostly Starcraft talk.

Neither would I. HaloGAF doesn't have a large MLG following at all. A few juniors dig it and some regulars but not much more than that.

MLG is The major player in the NA SC2 scene. Of course the NASL will probably change that in the future, but MLG will remain quite an important tournament. The line up looks impressive, the maps are VERY encouraging, and Day9 is casting - can't get better than that.

Keikaku

Tried the SC2 launcher again and got the updater which, apparently, wanted to update me to patch 1.3 again. Weird.

EDIT: Now I can get the login screen, but it says Bnet is offline. Hmmm.

Rubashov

They are pushing patch 1.3.1 right now. Maybe 20 mb?

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.3.1

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where, in some situations, players would not be notified they received an achievement.
Fixed an issue where the Leagues & Ladders showcase boxes were not updated correctly.
Fixed an issue where, under certain circumstances, the "Return to Game" button in the main menu would not function properly.
Fixed an issue where the new observer UI features would not function correctly on custom maps.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Procarbine said:
Stupid ponies shitting up this thread.
you guys are so tsuntsun, as soon as it dies down you bring it up again, but you still pretend you're not doing it because you like it.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Tashi0106 said:
MLG thread is up

Is MLG a big deal for you StarCraft guys? Like, are the rule sets all good and the top players actually do play in them? I play Halo so I have no idea.
Thanks

Yeah MLG was the first big tournament in NA for SC2, although the prize pool back then was not too large. Now with these other leagues it might not be as popular but its still a huge league as the National champ prize is big.

I don't understand peoples agression towards this pony meme. It is like all other ones. Actually, it's cuter.

Wish I understood the others though. moe, tsuntsun, and pighting. I'm sure it will come as I spend more time on mumble with y'all.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Awesome Animals said:
I don't understand peoples agression towards this pony meme. It is like all other ones. Actually, it's cuter.

Wish I understood the others though. moe, tsuntsun, and pighting. I'm sure it will come as I spend more time on mumble with y'all.
I dont care about it, but people go overboard with it at times.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My god is TvT the dumbest thing on this planet.

Marines, Viking, Siege, Marauder, Medivacs

Mass four hundred siege tanks to protect all bases. Spam viking to counter banshees. Keep massing marines to counter marines.

Occasionally do a medivac drop here and there. Be denied almost immediately, economy not hurt what so ever because everyone in diamond sits on 20k minerals @ 20 minutes in anyway.

Yay. This game is stupid.

Spl1nter

Yoshichan said:
My god is TvT the dumbest thing on this planet.

Marines, Viking, Siege, Marauder, Medivacs

Mass four hundred siege tanks to protect all bases. Spam viking to counter banshees. Keep massing marines to counter marines.

Occasionally do a medivac drop here and there. Be denied almost immediately, economy not hurt what so ever because everyone in diamond sits on 20k minerals @ 20 minutes in anyway.

Yay. This game is stupid.

you could try the iechoic tvt build.

I think most frustration from tvt comes from inexperience.

Yoshichan

Spl1nter said:
I think most frustration from tvt comes from inexperience.
Nah, simply impatience. I don't have 45 minutes to spare each game, unfortunately.

Last game I played kept going, we pretty much had equal the same copy'pasta shit. I decided to just leave, can't stand it.

Spl1nter

Yoshichan said:
Nah, simply impatience. I don't have 45 minutes to spare each game, unfortunately.

Last game I played kept going, we pretty much had equal the same copy'pasta shit. I decided to just leave, can't stand it.

you can end the game much faster than that in tvt. Try different things and stop trying to play to the meta game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom