• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

scogoth

Pandaman said:
i never thought id say that a build that crushes through with 100 food /10-11minutes off of 40 drone was econ, but im damned if its not.

how many zvp games have you seen that have 3 base zerg and end at 12minutes... with the zerg being the winner.

Lies. Zerg can't win under those conditions, its against the will of the game.

And wouldn't it have been great to have this build practiced for last wednesday night? (I hate PvP.....)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
scogoth said:
Lies. Zerg can't win under those conditions, its against the will of the game.

And wouldn't it have been great to have this build practiced for last wednesday night? (I hate PvP.....)
i was, but i thought drop was too weak and upgrades were too important. so my version of the build gets double evo and double ups before drop, i was shoohorning in burrow to make up for the lack of drop and losing games for being so gas relient early on.

if you read yesterdays gsl thread, i was poopooing the build as being to reliant on drops doing damage.

turns out drops do waaaaaaay more than enough damage. i think i hit probes only once in those 8 games and it was accidental. his probes mushed into his army. lol.

Biff

Got promoted to gold after months of Day[9] dailies, watching streams and tourneys! SC2 launch day was the first day I had ever played any kind of Starcraft :)

Probably would have been promoted sooner if I just played instead of watched but I dun care :p

I know I'm only gold but I feel like a bawss.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ChefRamsay said:
Got promoted to gold after months of Day[9] dailies, watching streams and tourneys! SC2 launch day was the first day I had ever played any kind of Starcraft :)

Probably would have been promoted sooner if I just played instead of watched but I dun care :p

I know I'm only gold but I feel like a bawss.
gold league means you're better than atleast 40% of players and up to 60%

thats nothing to be ashamed aboot. :p

Biff

Pandaman said:
gold league means you're better than atleast 40% of players and up to 60%

thats nothing to be ashamed aboot. :p
Didn't know that - sweet!

Onwards with learning. Hopefully TLO does some crazy shit this weekend at MLG. I would like to 'borrow' a build order to show my new 'friends' >:)

WedgeX

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
tvt is the worst mirror MU
i take everything i said before about it being the best one,
fuck tvt, fuck it to hell

Just marine rush or go mech!

Still bronze, so really I know nothing.

Cheeto

Q8D3vil said:
tvt is the worst mirror MU
i take everything i said before about it being the best one,
fuck tvt, fuck it to hell
Mirror matchups are always the worst! You can't claim imba in mirrors!

Q8D3vil

Cheeto said:
Mirror matchups are always the worst! You can't claim imba in mirrors!
i hate it right now because of the fucking base trade, 15 minute normal game 50 minute searching for the asshole buildings in the air ( after rebuilding my economy with one mules in a time).
base trading in tvt is the worst.

YakiSOBA

Moar terran questions:

TvP:
1) What do I look for to scout when P goes 4gate or 3gate robo (pushing with immortal, collosus, etc)?

2) If toss pushes out with collosus, what time does it generally occur around?

3) What do I make as a terran to counter 3gate robo?

4) do tanks/marines counter 4gate?

Mucho appreciated fellow gaffers :)

scogoth

Q8D3vil said:
i hate it right now because of the fucking base trade, 15 minute normal game 50 minute searching for the asshole buildings in the air ( after rebuilding my economy with one mules in a time).
base trading in tvt is the worst.

1 rax, 2 rines
2 fac blue hellion
2 port banshee
+micro
???
win

YakiSOBA said:
Moar terran questions:
1 - Chrono'd stalker +1 gas = 4gate, if your paranoid make a reaper, scan, proxy a barracks to float, etc. Not like scouting as Terran is hard.
2 - Depends. You just need to scout that one.
3 - A Ghost + Watever.
4 - No. 2-3 Repaired bunkers do.

This is the best

Due to lack of appreciation by players, the Mothership has been surgically altered to be sleeker and more visually appealing, and has been renamed to the Cougarship. The Cougarship will automatically gravitate toward enemy units that have been in play for 18-21 minutes and attempt to bring them back to the nearest friendly base.

:O

ultron87

- Protoss players that are matched against another Protoss player will automatically start the game with 4 Gateways and Warp Gate tech researched.

-Due to the effectiveness of Force Field, it is now a High Templar ability which must be researched from the Templar Archives.

-Sentries now begin play with Psi Storm.

-In addition to losses, wins are now also no longer shown. Instead, players will see Jim Raynor giving them a thumbs-up after every match regardless if they win or lose.

:lol

They should totally do the "landing buildings can crush forcefields" thing. It just makes sense.

BigAT

General
Players who do not type "GG" before quitting a game will receive an automatic loss for bad manners.

Players who are winning a match and type “GG” on behalf of their opponent will automatically surrender.
Poor Idra.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
-The Ghost can no longer be produced. Once a Ghost's progress bar is partially complete it will be postponed indefinitely.

-Bunker No change.

-Due to lack of use, the Lurker has been removed from the game.

-Whenever a Phoenix performs the barrel roll animation, it cannot be damaged by any attacks.

-Due to its extreme popularity, two additional versions of Delta Quadrant have been added to the 1v1 map pool to increase a player’s likelihood to queue for this map.

-To balance the issue of Zerg under-representation and Terran over-representation in the upper ladder brackets, the names of these two races have been switched. This should result in higher "Zerg" representation and lower “Terran” representation.
16ginpw.gif

The scary thing about the "Joke" notes is that the Psi-FF switch with HT/Sentry would be a good change.......... (provided they adjust the power of psi-storm ofc).

Forcefield is a stronger ability than Psi Storm and Protoss lacks an early game splash damage, all of its splash options are lategame. Bringing one into the earlygame and pushing FF into the lategame would fix alot of "Complaints" since now Protoss would have to "Tech" to forcefield, breaking alot of the 2 base gateway stuff everyone hates.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
ChronicleX said:
Forcefield is a stronger ability than Psi Storm and Protoss lacks an early game splash damage, all of its splash options are lategame. Bringing one into the earlygame and pushing FF into the lategame would fix alot of "Complaints" since now Protoss would have to "Tech" to forcefield, breaking alot of the 2 base gateway stuff everyone hates.
:lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The NASL just announced on twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/nasltv) that they're offering a pre-sale of Season 1 Passes. The passes are normally $25, but w/ the pre-sale discount (20%) they'll be going for $20. You just have to use the code "presalenasl" when purchasing. According to the purchase website this package includes:

» 1080p live stream access

» 24/7 Video On Demand access to all content
(including weekly shows, analysis, highlights, and matches)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=207744

nilbog21

Banned
pretty sure phoenix rapes that build on any normal distance map tho, i'd love to get a rematch :D

edit: and holden doesn't count, he didnt go phoenix once (ya i kno hes pretty bad.)

ultron87

$20 isn't a bad deal for 3 months of content. (That is for all 3 months, right?)

I'll probably just wait to watch the live broadcast to see if they can prove that they know what the hell they are doing in terms of production and commentating.

If it impresses me I might eat the extra five bucks (off the pre-purchase price) to get VODs.

Mairu

They still don't have the new website up, they have no preliminary schedule, and they're supposedly starting in four days. I don't think I'll be paying for the first season.

I hope NASL surprises me when it actually starts :|

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Mairu said:
They still don't have the new website up, they have no preliminary schedule, and they're supposedly starting in four days. I don't think I'll be paying for the first season

Definitely not prepurchasing, that's for sure.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ChronicleX said:
Forcefield is a stronger ability than Psi Storm and Protoss lacks an early game splash damage, all of its splash options are lategame.
collosi are their early game aoe.

collosi end games but they aren't lategame.

NASL has all the makings of 1 of them dodgy ass pyramid schemes from what I have seen so far.1 Guy trying to lure in punters who will get money if they can lure in more punters without actually doing anything. I don't trust it at all.
Pandaman said:
collosi are their early game aoe.
How the hell is Robobay tech early game? It's as viable as rushing Ultralisks.
Pandaman said:
collosi end games but they aren't lategame.
I'll remember that next time I go 1 gate robo and send 3 lone Colossi at a zerg base without support for drone harassment.

Only because they are over dependant on it and lack early game splash damage because of it. Early game splash and with FF would be stupidly OP, thats what all of Protoss splash options are lategame, because of Forcefield overbalanced in other areas.
ultron87 said:
Unfortunately, to remain balanced, Storm would have to do ~25 damage over its duration.
Or something to that effect yes.

Won

HolyCheck said:
The NASL just announced on twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/nasltv) that they're offering a pre-sale of Season 1 Passes. The passes are normally $25, but w/ the pre-sale discount (20%) they'll be going for $20. You just have to use the code "presalenasl" when purchasing. According to the purchase website this package includes:

» 1080p live stream access

» 24/7 Video On Demand access to all content
(including weekly shows, analysis, highlights, and matches)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=207744

They want money, before they have anything to show? Launch your damn website already!

Cheeto

Mairu said:
They still don't have the new website up, they have no preliminary schedule, and they're supposedly starting in four days. I don't think I'll be paying for the first season.

I hope NASL surprises me when it actually starts :|
I thought it starts on the 11th?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ChronicleX said:
How the hell is Robobay tech early game? It's as viable as rushing Ultralisks.
funny story, you can get collosi out in a normal 1base build fast enough that it is physically impossible for zerg to even have a hive completed at the same time.

it comes out of your t2 production facility around the same time zerg gets muta. alittle bit earlier actually.

I'll remember that next time I go 1 gate robo and send 3 lone Colossi at a zerg base without support for drone harassment.
yea id win alot of games too if my opponent didnt do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom