• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonng

ZvP

I get natural at 21 drone. scouted that he's going 1 base, has a sentry on ramp so I tech to lair. Sure enough one vray comes to harass me. Fend it off, no big deal. Three second later a phoenix come, I fend them both. Another Phoenix and void ray. That means he has no ground army right? Since I have idle roaches I push while I try my best to tech to hydra. His sentries trap my roaches, I lose half my army. He cleans up with a few more vrays and phoenix all the while he expands to his natural. What the fuck? How is he affording all this?

I shouldn't have pushed but it's not like my roaches were doing anything. I honestly have no idea what I could've done. I can say that 90% of my losses are from protoss. When I look back at my games, I can figure out what I did wrong. Not ZvP. I can never figure it out and it is extremely frustrating.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
gTFwi.jpg

hahahaha, taking a break from this garbage game.

ezrarh

jasonng said:
ZvP

I get natural at 21 drone. scouted that he's going 1 base, has a sentry on ramp so I tech to lair. Sure enough one vray comes to harass me. Fend it off, no big deal. Three second later a phoenix come, I fend them both. Another Phoenix and void ray. That means he has no ground army right? Since I have idle roaches I push while I try my best to tech to hydra. His sentries trap my roaches, I lose half my army. He cleans up with a few more vrays and phoenix all the while he expands to his natural. What the fuck? How is he affording all this?

I shouldn't have pushed but it's not like my roaches were doing anything. I honestly have no idea what I could've done. I can say that 90% of my losses are from protoss. When I look back at my games, I can figure out what I did wrong. Not ZvP. I can never figure it out and it is extremely frustrating.

If he's doing that on one base, pushing up the ramp isn't a good idea. Build queens, get a sporecrawler at each mineral line and get a healthy drone count. If you defend the initial vray/phoenix harass well enough and he's still on one base, prepare for an allin. If he tries to expand..you could choose to do what mondragon and ignore air and just push him with a good amount of roaches to at least delay the expansion. Although if you do push out, make sure you commit to it and not just lose roaches without doing real damage (killing sentries/probes/expansion). Or macro up and hit the timing before he gets his deathball. IE: hydra timing push before first colossi comes out

Trickster

Me and a friend is about to watch the white-ra vs ST_bomber showmatch while on skype. Problem is that my friend for some reason unknown to us broadcasts all sounds from his pc via skype even though he's using a headset. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Code A is going to be crazy this season with Bomber, MVP and all the Slayers guys. Just hope it works out so they can all reach up and down.

I don't really play protoss but what do you do once he has that many vikings? His collosus are getting vaporised but switching into storms doesn't really seem viable now.

I'm not trying to say imba im just curious.

Trickster

AdventureRacing said:
I don't really play protoss but what do you do once he has that many vikings? His collosus are getting vaporised but switching into storms doesn't really seem viable now.

You lose.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
AdventureRacing said:

focus on a ground army that doesnt involve collusi i guess, it makes all those vikings pretty bad since they suck a lot on ground

-COOLIO- said:
focus on a ground army that doesnt involve collusi i guess, it makes all those vikings pretty bad since they suck a lot on ground

Thats what i thought but without AOE that seems a little dangerous. I think dark templars would have helped heaps in that battle.

Man infestors rape everything in zvz, had like 8 zvz's in a row last night and won 5. 3 of those I was behind in but came back once the infestors started popping. One game i was caught out having no detection against burrow roaches but you can fungal burrowed units so it didn't really matter.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
pieatorium said:
but you can fungal burrowed units so it didn't really matter.
wat

scogoth

AdventureRacing said:

Imba. Ghosts.

mr. puppy

Banned
pieatorium said:
Man infestors rape everything in zvz, had like 8 zvz's in a row last night and won 5. 3 of those I was behind in but came back once the infestors started popping. One game i was caught out having no detection against burrow roaches but you can fungal burrowed units so it didn't really matter.

i'm finding that they're awful against hydras, but it might be a positioning thing. it just seems that you get out hydras while he's getting infestors and you're in really good shape.

mr. puppy said:
i'm finding that they're awful against hydras, but it might be a positioning thing. it just seems that you get out hydras while he's getting infestors and you're in really good shape.
I go for ling/bling opening into fast lair into infestor ling. Only one guy went for roach hydra that i played though and a few blings cleaned them up, most went roach ling. only need to get a couple out in time for their push to be able to hold and then as more get added it just seemed i won every big battle without losing many infestor.

a176

Banned
mr. puppy said:

?? fungal takes off almost half hydra hp in 4 seconds

Elcheris

Neo Member
A good trick for ZvZ. If you are the first to get infestors make sure to get neural as well, then when his show up neural them to fungal his units! Also you can use it on their queens to transfuse your units.

scoobs

So just checking in 1 day later (after losing about 50 matches) and after nailing down the 5 roach rush strat I've only lost 2 games tonight and won about 12 lol. Man its so hard to stop for most people

zlatko

Banned
scoobs said:
So just checking in 1 day later (after losing about 50 matches) and after nailing down the 5 roach rush strat I've only lost 2 games tonight and won about 12 lol. Man its so hard to stop for most people

I do 7 roach rush into expand or I add on more roaches if I see I can break them with one more push. It works the best against Terrans. Toss being the imba fucks they are can just forcefield their ramp to stall for time. Of course if you bring an overlord near their ramp u can use him to spot to take things out... it's just if you get a big map with far positions you may not scout in time with an OL to find which base is his.

I haven't found a way to get the 7 RR to happen and be able to scout with an extra drone... every single drone you make needs to be mining in order for it to work. My favorite map for it is Xel Naga or Scrap Station. :)

scoobs

zlatko said:
I do 7 roach rush into expand or I add on more roaches if I see I can break them with one more push. It works the best against Terrans. Toss being the imba fucks they are can just forcefield their ramp to stall for time. Of course if you bring an overlord near their ramp u can use him to spot to take things out... it's just if you get a big map with far positions you may not scout in time with an OL to find which base is his.

I haven't found a way to get the 7 RR to happen and be able to scout with an extra drone... every single drone you make needs to be mining in order for it to work. My favorite map for it is Xel Naga or Scrap Station. :)
I always go 5 roach to break down the wall and just spam speedlings into his base. Its super effective

mcrae

played my first truly epic length game just now. lasted an hour and a minute. went from 200 supply at one point, to 35, back to 170, was all over the place.

cross positions on metalopolis, im Z hes T
i expand at 20, scout with lings/olord feel safe going lair, get a changeling and still feel safe even though he has expanded, i expand once more and decide to attack.

attack yields nothing... but then i find he has a hidden third, fuck. so i destroy that, an decide to nydus him. i do that, get some broodlords/corrupters, think its gonna be GG but somehow the battle goes his way (i clean up his army, then vikigns come in and clean up the rest of mine)

im on the attack the entire map, i mine out my main and the bottom of the entire map, except the gold, which for some reason i took last. -mistake #1

i nydus him 4 times i can remember, plus 3-4 speedling sacrifices which in retrospect werent all cost efficient, because he got wise and tossed 4 tanks to protect his base when his army was away. -waste of lings mistake #2

i decide to finally start using that infestor tech that i have had for 30 minutes by now. positioning + siege makes me lose those skirmishes, though i get a couple aweeeesome fungals off

he eventually comes and runs through the gold, i have no units, its gg.

mistake # 4 - never getting a 10-15 muta cluster to take out the tanks and do better harrass. i was afraid of viking reprisal but probably could have gotten away with it.

mistake # 5 - throwing roaches at 12+sieged tanks, just cause i had money

the game angered me so much at the end cause i believe i was the better player and should have won, but i didnt. plus the fact the kid talked smack at the end, then messaged me when it was over continuing to be an asshole didnt help.

heres the replay if anyone can point out any critical moments i could have attacked+won, or just wants to join me in my frusteration lol

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/157319-1v1-terran-zerg-metalopolis#rd:upgrades

Striek

Question for zerg-gaf, what inject method do you use?

Currently I'm just going to each hatchery, boxing stuff, pressing V and clicking on the hatchery. Which is obviously not that efficient or fast...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Striek said:

Currently I'm just going to each hatchery, boxing stuff, pressing V and clicking on the hatchery. Which is obviously not that efficient or fast...
i map backspace to spacebar and use that to go to each hatch, then box+V

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Striek said:

All Hatchs on 4, queens on 5-0 and just 55v66v etc.

Yoshichan

V_Arnold said:
Man, something is really broken inside there, isnt it?
Trust me, you've got NO clue

Yoshichan

Pandaman said:
50/50 working as intended.
50/50 is bullshit, you know it

Boken

Banned
All queens on 5, backspace to mouse5 (spacebar sounds good though), just hold shift and backspace and click through the hatches

zlatko

Banned
syllogism said:
This was posted in the april fools thread but it's pretty good

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/console/

I'd play the fuck out of that if it existed lol.

Question for anyone who may have this achievement in the game. It's the one to repair 1000 health in a game. Can you do it against a computer? I spent one game damaging my own buildings then realized okay it won't work if I'm the one who harms them. Then I went against a computer in 1v1 and let it damage a command center till it had 400 some health left, then I repaired it back to 1500... but I didn't get the achievement for the 1,000 repaired.

Anyone know what's up ?

Yoshichan

:lol I was trying hard to find a reason to put the troll above me on ignore. I finally managed to do it!

edit: you're***

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the solution to stalker/colli/void is apparently a shit ton of tech switches. -.-

thank god it was taldarim so i could actually remake armies.

pure hydra into ling bane drops into roach/ling/bane into mass muta into hydra/roach/ling into pure corruptor/brood with whatever ground army was left over. the muta switch won it i think, it destroyed his 4th, harassed his nat and forced alot of phoenixes out for the corruptor brood.

totally ballsed up my bane drops tho, i shift double clciked my ovies so my hydras move commanded too. -.- the dangers of having no control groups sometimes bite hard. xD

Aylinato said:
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae338/aylinato/Screenshot2011-03-3121_38_58.jpg

mauahahhahah freaking finally!!

(it was individual for random 4v4, was stuck in plat forever)

It is really important to see that I helped
barely

I played three placement matches before jumping in for some team and custom games and lost all three. Badly. I had no problem with economy, but my micro wasn't great, and I'm having trouble getting suitable anti-air. Plus, my build order could use some tightening up.

It was fun ending my night with the customs, keeps me from being in a sour mood.

::EDIT::
Blizzard is so great at April Fools Day.

I actually own Starcraft for N64. I'll never get rid of that thing.

joelseph

Trickster said:
Me and a friend is about to watch the white-ra vs ST_bomber showmatch while on skype. Problem is that my friend for some reason unknown to us broadcasts all sounds from his pc via skype even though he's using a headset. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Run as administrator

Pandaman said:
the solution to stalker/colli/void is apparently a shit ton of tech switches. -.-

thank god it was taldarim so i could actually remake armies.

pure hydra into ling bane drops into roach/ling/bane into mass muta into hydra/roach/ling into pure corruptor/brood with whatever ground army was left over. the muta switch won it i think, it destroyed his 4th, harassed his nat and forced alot of phoenixes out for the corruptor brood.

totally ballsed up my bane drops tho, i shift double clciked my ovies so my hydras move commanded too. -.- the dangers of having no control groups sometimes bite hard. xD

Lings/Baneling/Muta destroys that build breh. Then switch to Broodz/Corrupter/Ling

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
Lings/Baneling/Muta destroys that build breh. Then switch to Broodz/Corrupter/Ling
i guess, but this guy opened phoenix so i went faster hydra.

also, dimaga ling/bane drop build is now 7:1 vs holden.
holden is a masters level protoss for those who dont know him. >_>

also pd, rockin rainbow dash avatar.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ikuu said:
Good to know that testing a build against White-Ra is good enough ;)
i never thought id say that a build that crushes through with 100 food /10-11minutes off of 40 drone was econ, but im damned if its not.

how many zvp games have you seen that have 3 base zerg and end at 12minutes... with the zerg being the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom