• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
It was my first time playing the ladder this season.

twofold said:
I played 4 Protoss players on Saturday. Every single one went 4 warp gate. Sad state of affairs.
The only Protoss I played tonight went for some 3gate expand, but made the worst deathball I've seen and I rolled it with ling/baneling...

WedgeX

Banned
Today I learned the downside of being on call.

Had a winnable game against toss and then got a phone call. Had to drop everything, gg, and head out the door.

Jeff-DSA

I just tried playing and battle.net was laggy beyond belief. I couldn't play, and the other guy was slowing the game down too. It didn't help that his 4gate beat me. I'm mad now.

Protoss 4gate has to be the dumbest thing in the game right now. Every time, without fail, that Protoss player is going 4gate.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Jeff-DSA said:
I just tried playing and battle.net was laggy beyond belief. I couldn't play, and the other guy was slowing the game down too. It didn't help that his 4gate beat me. I'm mad now.

Protoss 4gate has to be the dumbest thing in the game right now. Every time, without fail, that Protoss player is going 4gate.
what race are you?

Jeff-DSA

Pandaman said:
what race are you?

Terran. I usually hold it, but couldn't this time with the out of control lag. It threw me off enough to sink me. I just hate having to play that matchup the same way nearly every time these days.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
ya i got 4 gated up the ass yesterday but theyre fun to try and hold off. it's like a dawn of the dead type thing

Jeff-DSA

-COOLIO- said:
ya i got 4 gated up the ass yesterday but theyre fun to try and hold off. it's like a dawn of the dead type thing

I will admit that the moment when that pylon finally falls is a great one, but I'd rather not have to deal with it 9 times out of 10.

Not trying to troll or anything, but if you're getting 4gated consistently and it's working, surely you should try a 4gate counter strategy? Or if you are doing that, try a new one?

Jeff-DSA

TerryWogan said:
Not trying to troll or anything, but if you're getting 4gated consistently and it's working, surely you should try a 4gate counter strategy? Or if you are doing that, try a new one?

I usually do hold it off, it's just annoying at the frequency that I encounter it. Protoss is the most predictable matchup in the game.

Won

I always like to believe that from time to time Blizzard regrets not having pushed warpgate tech further down the tech tree. :(

Sliver

Was pretty pumped up for the NASL until I found out TotalBiscuit was casting..don't even think I'll be watching now.

His lack of knowledge and forced faked accent is a total turnoff for me, not a funny guy to listen to.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Ikuu said:
First time on ladder, new season same boring all-ins ;(
My first few games were 6pools or one base ling allins, or scv marine rushes. Got to love it.

Then a pvp where they went forge/cannon/chargelots while i 4 gated lol.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Sliver said:
Was pretty pumped up for the NASL until I found out TotalBiscuit was casting..don't even think I'll be watching now.

His lack of knowledge and forced faked accent is a total turnoff for me, not a funny guy to listen to.

Is his accent fake?

Tntnnbltn

Sliver said:
Are you sure you're not thinking of the IGN Pro League? I don't think I've seen an official casting roster for NASL.

Jeff-DSA

Ugh, tried again and no dice. Lag is too much. I think it's battle.net, not my connection. Running speed tests I'm consistently getting 10.5Mbps down/4.5Mbps up.

Sliver

Tntnnbltn said:
Are you sure you're not thinking of the IGN Pro League? I don't think I've seen an official casting roster for NASL.

Oh yeah, got the two confused. Very much looking forward to the NASL, but pretty reluctant about the IPL.

Jeff-DSA

Well now I'm getting more SC2 issues coming up. Music and sound getting choppy, sometimes it just drops the music from the menus, and it just crashed in a 1v1 versus the AI. I tried the install repair tool, didn't help.

Bugs.

Trickster

Trasher said:
Wasn't that Aiur Chef one? I got an achieve for winning it. That's the first custom map I've played in months though so excuse me if I'm wrong lol.

Those maps have been out for quite a while now, so no one probably thinks of them as new maps anymore, probably why he was confused about what new maps you were talking about :)

DaFish

Trasher said:
Wasn't that Aiur Chef one? I got an achieve for winning it. That's the first custom map I've played in months though so excuse me if I'm wrong lol.
oh really? what about starjeweled?

Trickster said:
Those maps have been out for quite a while now, so no one probably thinks of them as new maps anymore, probably why he was confused about what new maps you were talking about :)

yeah, exactly

Has anyone else had a recurring issue of Battle.net deleting all of your Real ID, and possibly regular, friends?

Heads up to my now former Real ID friends, I didn't remove you, it was Blizzard. :(

Trickster

NASL broadcasting times for those that are interested.

hPBxg.jpg

Trasher

FromTheFuture said:
Has anyone else had a recurring issue of Battle.net deleting all of your Real ID, and possibly regular, friends?

Heads up to my now former Real ID friends, I didn't remove you, it was Blizzard. :(
:(

mcrae

anyone wanna explain the mechanics of guardian shield to me?

do the enemy units have to be outside the shield, firing in?
what if they are inside the shield, firing out?
inside the shield, firing in?

thx!

Tntnnbltn

Trickster said:
NASL broadcasting times for those that are interested.

http://i.imgur.com/hPBxg.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Broadcasts in Australian timezones (for anyone interested...)

[B]First Airing[/B]
[LIST]
[*]Wednesday - Sunday
[*]Preshow: 10.30 AM AEST | 8.30 AM AWST
[*]First match: 11.00 AM AEST | 9.00 AM AWST
[/LIST]

[B]Second Airing[/B]
[LIST]
[*]Thursday - Monday
[*]Preshow: 2.30 AM AEST | 12.30 AM AWST
[*]First match: 3.00 AM AEST | 1.00 AM AWST
[/LIST]

mcrae said:
anyone wanna explain the mechanics of guardian shield to me?

do the enemy units have to be outside the shield, firing in?
what if they are inside the shield, firing out?
inside the shield, firing in?

thx!
All units inside the shield take less 2 damage from ranged attacks whether the unit attacking them is in or outside the shield.

mcrae

TheThunder said:
All units inside the shield take less 2 damage from ranged attacks whether the unit attacking them is in or outside the shield.

ah nice, one less thing to worry about.
thanks.

IceMarker

zlatko said:
Wait there is new portraits?

Tell me/show me more. :O
Get certain achievements on the finalized Blizzard custom maps: Aiur Chef, StarJeweled, and Left2Die.
Achievements are located under Custom Game -> Blizzard Mods

Still waiting for Blizzard DotA.

--

2wq5xrk.png

The 18th weekly dedicated GAF night! Bring your torch and pitchfork!

Information Guru said:
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Custom Maps>

Streams and Misc. Info
-MrMister's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live
-Corran Horn's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065
NUKEDUKEM AT MRMISTER'S HOUSE, ROUND 2!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Tntnnbltn said:
Broadcasts in Australian timezones (for anyone interested...)

First Airing
  • Wednesday - Sunday
  • Preshow: 10.30 AM AEST | 8.30 AM AWST
  • First match: 11.00 AM AEST | 9.00 AM AWST

Second Airing
  • Thursday - Monday
  • Preshow: 2.30 AM AEST | 12.30 AM AWST
  • First match: 3.00 AM AEST | 1.00 AM AWST

ty :) second airing for me it is

Trickster

How do I handle a zerg that gets a large amount of corrupters to kill my collosus? I've just died twice from it, army value about equal size, but the zerg just crush me like it's nothing just by using roaches and corrupters.

Meeru

Banned
MrMister said:
Get certain achievements on the finalized Blizzard custom maps: Aiur Chef, StarJeweled, and Left2Die.
Achievements are located under Custom Game -> Blizzard Mods

Still waiting for Blizzard DotA.

--

2wq5xrk.png

The 18th weekly dedicated GAF night! Bring your torch and pitchfork!

NUKEDUKEM AT MRMISTER'S HOUSE, ROUND 2!
With ur hon experience.. u will pwn so many blizzard dota players

Striek

Listening to SOTG, they're kind of ehhhhh apologetic for MLG... which makes sense given that they all have pretty big incentives for its success (two employed and two seeded competitors).

Also on the seeding system, they all were like 'oh it sucks for unseeded players and its dirty yeah but its so great' lol. Day9 especially saying he is sick of tournaments always having different winners + players at the top so its a good thing. WTF. If no one is good enough to be consistently at the top then they don't deserve to win. Don't give them an insane advantage to keep familiar, yet not dominant or proven, players in the system. And Tyler was for it yet his 'think long term aim for top 16 or top 8 within two years!' wasn't much better.

Gregs stance was a fair bit more rational but can't help but feel that SOTG doesn't really represent the SC2 community in these thoughts though. Just those who are already established have it pretty good and don't really need change. Feel kind of bad for the players who got knocked out in the open tournament when at least half the seeded players didn't put up performances worthy of their spots.

HolyCheck said:
3am 'til like 5-6am? You crazy.

Trickster said:
How do I handle a zerg that gets a large amount of corrupters to kill my collosus? I've just died twice from it, army value about equal size, but the zerg just crush me like it's nothing just by using roaches and corrupters.
Blink stalker transition, and you can mix in immortals. Colossus become super hard countered against zerg once they get enough corruptors (as opposed to terran where they get countered well but still playable).

HolyCheck said:
First showing for me, during lectures :p

Striek said:
Listening to SOTG, they're kind of ehhhhh apologetic for MLG... which makes sense given that they all have pretty big incentives for its success (two employed and two seeded competitors).
They brushed it off like it wasn't a big thing, and were so up the arse of the MLG guys it made me kinda mad. Yeah everyone knows it was a shambles and they didn't need to rant on it for a whole show but could you imagine the kinda coal raking they would give a Dreamhack or IEM if it went down in a similar fashion? $50 bucks Sundance is on SOTG again in the next couple of weeks for another promise session.

Trickster said:

your main problem is getting colossi when you don't see hydras. Stalker/Immortal is much more cost effective against that unit composition.

your second problem is not building void rays.

joelseph

Came back to season 2 after a super long break and I am getting destroyed. Early season 1 I was Gold/Plat and now I am getting rolled in bronze with all-in one base bullshit. :sadface:

I'm glad the NASL got someone that can make something they put out not look like shit anymore. It was hard to take them seriously from that terrible tournament bracket picture.

zlatko

Banned
joelseph said:
Came back to season 2 after a super long break and I am getting destroyed. Early season 1 I was Gold/Plat and now I am getting rolled in bronze with all-in one base bullshit. :sadface:

That is 99% of games in Bronze silver. Just assume they are going to do some 1 base all in variant, and assume it's the most common build. If it's a Z prepare for a 6 pool, a baneling bust, or a roach rush. If it's a Terran expect 1-1-1 to get fast banshees or expect 3 rax into marines and marauders. Protoss it's 4 gates, proxy 2 gate zealot rush, and cannon rushes.

Find yourself a standard build that lets you get enough units to hold off the all in, an get you ahead, and you're good. Make sure to scout as much as you can, and secure those watch towers.

That's the best advice I can give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom