• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trickster said:
They are casting the replays live I believe, just like during the jinro-idra showmatch.
I thought they were casting live but not streaming live? or was it they are streaming live while casting replays?

scanners.gif

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Question:
Will the games be casted from replays?

Answer:
Games will NOT be cast from replays. The games will be cast AS they are being played, they just won't be STREAMED live... after the cast, the videos will be sent to production, and after editing they will be broadcast in the evenings.
tada

Corran Horn

mcrae said:
wonder what kind of editing is needed
Edit out all the time in between games. If any issues arrise, taken care of there and not while on stream will hundreds of people maybe watching like mlg.

And cool transition effects like fade in and out!

Corran Horn said:
Edit out all the time in between games. If any issues arrise, taken care of there and not while on stream will hundreds of people maybe watching like mlg.

And cool transition effects like fade in and out!
Add in Linken Park soundtrack and screen flashes and shaking when action happens lol

Tntnnbltn

pieatorium said:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=209251
NASL schedule for the pool play, looks to be worth the 25 bucks a season even with the second teir casting team (and as long as theirs no fail wwith the streams) as you will also get the finals and I think the losers pool games aswell.
*Page down*
*Page down*
*Page down*
*Page down*
*Page down*
*Page down*
*Page down*
*Page down*
*Page down*
*Page down*
*Page down*
*Page down*
*Page down*

Well that certainately answers that question.

8xZx0.png

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
perryfarrell said:
Wellplayed.org is up. Looks like an excellent SC2 website for community/streaming/brackets
It's got potential, at the moment it's missing quite a few features and as you would expect with a beta it's got some bugs.

Also everyone should follow my channel :p

Mairu

I have no idea how incontrol expects to be staying as a competitive player while casting that many matches a week in addition to the amount of coaching he does.

Five matches a day, five days a week is a fuckton of games. That's more than Tasteless & Artosis do for GSL.

I ended up pulling the plug with the presale code to get season 1 for $20 because there's no way I'm going to have time to watch that many games live in addition to GSL & every other tournament/league that's going on. Justintv's payment system is awful though. Entering the code doesn't even tell you that you're getting a discount until you get the confirmation e-mail. Supposedly they're working on adding paypal too, hopefully they'll get that up soon enough

Tntnnbltn

Mairu said:
I ended up pulling the plug with the presale code to get season 1 for $20 because there's no way I'm going to have time to watch that many games live in addition to GSL & every other tournament/league that's going on. Justintv's payment system is awful though. Entering the code doesn't even tell you that you're getting a discount until you get the confirmation e-mail. Supposedly they're working on adding paypal too, hopefully they'll get that up soon enough
I just remembered there's a presale code. :(

I just played a bunch of 2v2's. Every single game involved the other team doing some form of allin. I play a fair bit of the big team games and i really don't see that much cheese. In 2v2 its seems thats just the standard build.

I think i will just stick to 1v1 and 4v4.

I hope NASL can iron out their production and technical bumps that the had in the showmatch for the main event. They have a great player base so it should be an amazing tournament

start training on the NA servers Koreans

ACE 1991

What are some good places to read up on Protoss strategies/beginner build orders for the pretty much entirely new player? Thanks!

scogoth

ACE 1991 said:
What are some good places to read up on Protoss strategies/beginner build orders for the pretty much entirely new player? Thanks!

Play wednesday nights 9PM EST/6PM PST. Join neogaf chat channel, get on mumble, people will shout things until you get better.

Ark

-COOLIO- said:
he lost to hallucinations?

loooooool

idra is good at interviews though

"your miniscule attention to detail is impressing me so much right now"

hawt

I used to think Idra was a complete dick, but I actually have some respect for him now.

Kawl_USC

Lord_Nergal said:
Any bronze/silver level GAFfer's wanting to play with another bronze, my ID is Nergal and friend code is 890.

I'm down for playing some matches, I'm silver coming back from a couple month long break. ID is Kawl and character code is 514.

scogoth said:
Play wednesday nights 9PM EST/6PM PST. Join neogaf chat channel, get on mumble, people will shout things until you get better.

He's right. It really does help a lot. I won a game last GAFnight pretty much because of the yelling.

Hazaro said:
jesus fuck

I hope this ends well.
First match is Grubby vs Moon. Holy shit. Should be pretty good, especially with Moon's amazing ZvP (as seen in Squirtle vs Moon in the IEM)

Those matchups, almost all of them, look incredible. I also love that they rebroadcast the games for European viewers. I think I'm going to bite and buy a pass for the NASL. :|

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
IdrA just gg'd on ladder =O For some reason he's getting people that are nowhere near his level, MMR must be messed up due to the reset or something.

Deadman

Didnt someone here say they kept clicking on the little icons that come up on the left hand side when microing? Looks like idra has them turned off, so whoever that was can do it too.

F#A#Oo

Banned
-COOLIO- said:
"your miniscule attention to detail is impressing me so much right now"

hawt

Haha I noticed that too...

I don't get how one can dislike Idra...there needs to be more personalities like him...I really dislike this attitude that people shouldn't display their emotions...

More MC's...More Idra's Please! Though MC is more of a character in acting sort of way...he reminds me of what wrestlers do...with him I know it's all for show and he's just enjoying himself whilst acting as some sort of heel... :D

twofold

close to the edge said:
First match is Grubby vs Moon. Holy shit. Should be pretty good, especially with Moon's amazing ZvP (as seen in Squirtle vs Moon in the IEM)

Those matchups, almost all of them, look incredible. I also love that they rebroadcast the games for European viewers. I think I'm going to bite and buy a pass for the NASL. :|

I wish Grubby vs Moon was happening further down the line. I don't see Grubby beating Moon quite yet (I'd love to be proved wrong, though). At the rate Grubby is improving, he'll probably be the top Protoss in Europe in no time at all.

Corran Horn

Deadman said:
Didnt someone here say they kept clicking on the little icons that come up on the left hand side when microing? Looks like idra has them turned off, so whoever that was can do it too.
The control groups? Yeah you can hide them from a menu option.

Deadman

Nah i meant the icons that come up saying "research complete" etc. But yeah you can also hide control groups now, but i dont understand why he does/anyone would want to do that. Doesnt take up much space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom