• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

ezrarh said:
IGN pro league looks interesting. HD isn't as awful a caster as you guys seem to be making it out to be. Granted, I haven't listened to him in a while but at least he's not as grating as Husky. The players roster is kinda weak but it's forgivable since it's just a test run.

I have to be honest, I did quite enjoy listening to Husky & HD during the HDH during the beta. Although I prefer DJ Wheat & day9 now.

Either way, after watching this video Tntnn linked, Painuser & HD aren't too bad of a combo.

Spl1nter

scogoth said:
Haters going to hate, right splinter?

Im just saying what panda is saying. People need to stick to a race and play it. None of that random bullshit or changing races because you are frustrated because you suck.

jasonng

Corran Horn said:
I guess its only allowed to qq if your terran or zerg. I see.
How to win as Protoss:

• Pick Protoss

<3 you Corran. Best bet is to stick with toss. It takes more effort to switch race and this is coming from a guy who wish he never played zerg.

scogoth

Spl1nter said:
Im just saying what panda is saying. People need to stick to a race and play it. None of that random bullshit or changing races because you are frustrated because you suck.

Wasn't referring to races. Was referring to you being a hater.

jasonng said:
How to win as Protoss:

• Pick Protoss
  • 4 gate

Fixed for you.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Spl1nter said:
fry-squint.jpg

Elcheris

Neo Member
Spl1nter said:

Well, sticking to Terran sure hasn't been helping you much!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aaaaaaand SC2 finally managed to destroy my computer.

Formatting this pos. God damn it. Good bye~

Trickster

How long does it usually take to be promoted if you're doing pretty good agains't people 1 and 2 leagues above you?

Been playing more platinum players than gold players lately, and I'm 2-1 agains't diamond players. I'm gold of course.

Spl1nter

Trickster said:
How long does it usually take to be promoted if you're doing pretty good agains't people 1 and 2 leagues above you?

Been playing more platinum players than gold players lately, and I'm 2-1 agains't diamond players. I'm gold of course.

Could take a while if the system thinks you are diamond caliber. Usually at least 20 games nevertheless.

Trickster

Spl1nter said:
Could take a while if the system thinks you are diamond caliber. Usually at least 20 games nevertheless.

kk, funny you say 20 games, exactly how many I've won since ladder reset :p

Edit - Is it possible to go straight from gold to diamond?

mcrae

Trickster said:
kk, funny you say 20 games, exactly how many I've won since ladder reset :p

Edit - Is it possible to go straight from gold to diamond?

i did it in season 1

stopped playing 1v1 after that lol

Mairu

Spl1nter said:
hater.

So what race you flip flopping over playing now.
totalbiscuit is on the same level as husky as a caster people enjoy for the way he speaks and sounds rather than having any ability at conveying the gameplay

Haunted

I like that IPL teaser video, if only for its campiness. :lol

HolyCheck said:
ChronicleX
Banned

:lol
The guy probably holds the record for most frequent bans without getting perm'd at this point.

Striek

syllogism said:
1.3 situation report says they might consider nerfing colossus too if the amulet nerf isn't sufficient

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/2566610#blog
Looks like I jumped ship at the right time :D

You guys saying its hard to switch races or you shouldn't...why? Its easy as pie to me. If you have good mechanics as one race you'll have good mechanics as another in no time, the rest is playing enough games to learn what works in certain scenarios and what doesn't.

scogoth

Blizzard Patch making process.

What does the most damage? Nerf it.

In 12 months....

What's left? Drones, SCV and probes. Take their damage away!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
scogoth said:
Blizzard Patch making process.

What does the most damage? Nerf it.

In 12 months....

What's left? Drones, SCV and probes. Take their damage away!

hey fuck you! We've already had our SCV nerf!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Deadly said:
Shouldn't PainUser be playing in the league instead? He was a pretty good player IIRC...
Him and HD are bay area (or at least use to be, havnt been following him lately). so its probably really easy to have him cast.

Accidentus

Neo Member
Corran Horn said:
Him and HD are bay area (or at least use to be, havnt been following him lately). so its probably really easy to have him cast.
They're also friends, I'm sure they'll be a casting duo. HD on the play by play, PainUser with the analysis.

Q8D3vil

Ikuu said:
Season 1 looks alright but it's a test run, the commentators are pretty bad though (haven't heard PainUser before).
HD seems fine to me, TB in the other hand is cool but he need a good caster with him ( he is like tasteless with less knowledge).

painuser is very good analysis, i listened to some of his games and he really know what he is talking about.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
pieatorium said:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=209251
NASL schedule for the pool play, looks to be worth the 25 bucks a season even with the second teir casting team (and as long as theirs no fail wwith the streams) as you will also get the finals and I think the losers pool games aswell.

O_O

225 BO3s over two months, with full commentary and 1080p VODs. Not counting the tournament.

I wish them luck. I sure hope they can sync the damn commentary.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Spl1nter said:
Shouldnt be an issue since they are casting the games live.

Oh, didn't realize. Yeah, probably no issues then, since they're using justin.tv and not some terrible MLG-style streaming solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom