• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
He had almost 10k the other day, still White-Ra with 12k was insane. Surprised we aren't seeing more players letting people sponsor their stream.

Mairu

Waking up and seeing Jinro streaming was a nice surprise, I don't think there are that many terran pros that stream so I'll probably be catching Jinro over the others that I usually watch if he's streaming when they are :D

ZKRfx.jpg

I know it may not seem like a big deal, but I really wish NASL would hire a competent graphic designer. The letters in the division/week matrix aren't even aligned correctly. It makes me confused when they talk about delaying the stream cast and making it not live so they can add some production value to it when they can't even produce images that don't look amateur.

joelseph

Ikuu said:
It's amazing how much streaming people are doing these days, says it all when Ret only has 230 people watching him play.

What time of day do they usually stream? And do you see them online through TL? By the time I get home from work it seems no one is streaming.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Depends where you live and where the player lives, around this time people are pretty active. Though people like Incontrol tend to stream like 5-6 hours from now. Best way is to make a Justin.tv account and follow them, you'll get emailed when they go live.

IceMarker

Ikuu said:
It's amazing how much streaming people are doing these days, says it all when Ret only has 230 people watching him play.
Shows how many people would rather watch a video game than play it themselves.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MrMister said:
Shows how many people would rather watch a video game than play it themselves.
yep, idras just 1k shy of having 2% of the active north American playerbase watching him.

Ark

Having such a terrible SC2 evening. Got cannon rushed & 6 pooled in my first two 4v4 games, then the next 4-5 3v3 games I get teamed up with complete idiots against some platinum/gold leaguers (I'm currently in bronze..Like rank feckin' 1 too).

...Gotta keep playing though!

scogoth

Ark said:
Having such a terrible SC2 evening. Got cannon rushed & 6 pooled in my first two 4v4 games, then the next 4-5 3v3 games I get teamed up with complete idiots against some platinum/gold leaguers (I'm currently in bronze..Like rank feckin' 1 too).

Only play with people you know and don't get frustrated with cheese. Games not really balanced for 3v3 or 4v4. They're just for funzies, like mothership rushing then getting 10 pooled twice and marine all-in'd =(

clav

Ark said:

It's funny in postgame 4v4s when your opponents that win with cheese trash talk you when they really don't know how to play long term.

I remember this one guy who went on for half an hour talking about what I did after I got bumrushed by 4 people to inflate his ego. Come on now.

Ark

claviertekky said:
It's funny in postgame 4v4s when your opponents that win with cheese trash talk you when they really don't know how to play long term.

I remember this one guy who went on for half an hour talking about what I did after I got bumrushed by 4 people to inflate his ego. Come on now.

I just had some guy say GG for me! Can't stand it when people do that.

This evening just got a shit tonne worse. 4v4 and 3v3 have been fine for me so far. Tonight I won one game, and that was a 3v3 where the enemy DC'ed and left before the 2nd minute.

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAME I have been cannon rushed!!! ARGH. What makes it better? EVERY time, the people that cannon rushed my team were either platinum or diamond.

Seriously?! I'm losing all respect for the community.

I think it's time I just start to laddering 1v1 again...

Trickster

Promoted to platinum at last! fuck yeah!

Very exhilerating game that lead to the promotion as well. Just as I scouted the zergs 3 base going up, I also see a big ball of ovies headed for my base, clearly going for a mass drop. So I sent entire army to deal with it, meanwhile he floods my expo with zerglings, he takes out the expo, 3 gateways and some pylons.

So now, I'm pretty much in a state of "ah fuck I'm gonna lose". But while I try to rebuild, I decide to go for a counter since I didn't actually lose that much of my army. I get to his natural and see he has no units there, so I start attacking it, then zerglings and hydras start coming down the ramp, and like a BOSS I use those perfectly balanced forcefields to block the ramp.

So I take out the natural, figure I'm still behind since he had that third base as well. Go over there, start attacking it and somehow I manage to not get destroyed from behind by his army. And as his third goes down he sends some lings towards my base to try and do any dmg he can at this point. I kill the lings, and he leaves without a GG.

Wasn't a very high level game by any means, but it was probably my most enjoyable win so far. I was literally yelling because of excitement when he left :lol

Edit - god I hate terran, I really do. We have a big fight at my base, finally manage to hold it off, and after 1 minute he just comes with a new army just a big. Marine/marauder are so insanely cheap compared to how good they are.

Karl2177

Well, I just got cheated in Bronze 3v3. I never thought that anyone would resort to that, but hey some people suck so much they just can't win a game legitimately. I was completely unable to use my keyboard, and still somehow managed to macro it up.

1 of them was Terran with only Marines, 1 was Toss and only had Stalkers, and the Zerg player had maybe 20 mutas. I'm watching the replay now to see what really went down in game.

Tntnnbltn

Karl2177 said:
Well, I just got cheated in Bronze 3v3. I never thought that anyone would resort to that, but hey some people suck so much they just can't win a game legitimately. I was completely unable to use my keyboard, and still somehow managed to macro it up.
Must've been the Yoshichan trojan. :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Were you alt tabing? I notice sometimes my keyboard wont work if im sometimes alt tabbing, takes to go out and back in to get it to work again.

Karl2177

Corran Horn said:
Were you alt tabing? I notice sometimes my keyboard wont work if im sometimes alt tabbing, takes to go out and back in to get it to work again.
No. It was just a one game occurrence. The next game everything was perfectly fine. Basically, the game started, and normally there is a warning if you are lagging or slowing down the game. The other team then said I was lagging like hell, and my friends texting me saying that there was no latency warning for them. At that point I noticed my command center wasn't making any workers, and that my keyboard didn't work.

Jeff-DSA said:
I hate 4v4. It's just a mess of cheese builds and luck. 3v3 is a bit better, but still a little silly.

2v2 is great, I think.

2v2 is the cheesiest bracket of them all. In diamond so far i have played 15 games and every single one has been an all in cheese.

Striek

WedgeX said:
Lest we forget.

teambronze.jpg
Psssh. Dirty play. Sit there, mass BCs and never move out. Same thing scogoth did. Except we wrecked his BC force (purple line lol) and THEN you attack. One maxed BC army, ok whatever, marines are pretty good, another one immediately after is lol tooooo much :(

Mairu

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

twofold

Lord_Nergal said:
So tired of being cheesed in Bronze. I'm just gonna MMM out of this league.

Fyi, people cheese in every league. They just get better at it in the higher ones. You're going to have to learn how to defend cheese eventually - just do it now. Once you learn how to scout and respond appropriately to cheese, you'll probably be promoted in no time anyway.

mcrae

Deadman said:
http://imgur.com/3DfFS.jpg[/IMG

Its a tough life, but someone has to do it.[/QUOTE]

lol, idra seems so damn awkward and anti-social in his interviews i doubt he has the game to turn his fame into pussy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom